• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
As a 3d platformer launch title for the Xbox One X, I thought there would be more hype. If this sells well, it could encourage MS to invest in more SP games. I think this game could be pretty solid tbh.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
In that other thread with a similar title the other day.

But yes, I'll get excited for any 3D platformer when we're so starved for them.

LeroyOctopus

Oct 29, 2017
I think Mario Odyssey and A Hat in Time have taken all the 3D platformer hype. Lucky's Tale just looks okay.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's better it gets no hype and people play it and end up enjoying it enough to post about it and it actually be sincere instead of blind excitement tbh.

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
It doesn't help that it's coming out around Sonic Forces time, another XBox One X Enhanced title. I am hyped off it, I am getting both games on console launch day, but most people I know getting both are playing Sonic forest because we've been waiting like 18 months at least for it. Me? Haven't been hyped for one like this since Unleashed, nearly a decade ago.

At least that is why Lucky is going a bit under my radar at least.

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Here in Europe, especially during Gamescom I saw many interested gamers for Lucky. To be honest, I think this game will do pretty well and a lot better than most of us think. Not much hype on forums, but in all the gaming events I have been to lately everyone at some point said that Super Lucky's Tale was great for family members and definitely something they are buying.

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because it's a single player 3D platformer, not something MS makes a lot. This doing well could show them that there is a market for these games on Xbox/
I'm sure Blinx killed off most interest Microsoft may have had in publishing 3D platformers. If anything this'll be the nail in the coffin.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of it until seeing this thread. I can also just play Mario Odyssey if I want to play a platformer right now.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
To be honest I wasn't even aware that it releases soon. I guess Crash Trilogy, Hat in Time and Odyssey have my platforming needs covered for now. I might pick it up later if it ever comes to Steam.

Last edited:

Nikpls

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just disappointed that it's not a VR game anymore. Would be a day one purchase if it was, but Mario Odyssey is all the non VR platforming I need this year.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I'll check it out if it's great, but otherwise I've got plenty of hours left to sink into Mario Odyssey. Seems like a weird time to push out a mascot-based platformer really.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
You ask where's the hype, I ask where's the marketing?

Seems like it's being sent to die.

Can't say I'm surprised.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All the attention is on Odyssey at the moment in terms of platformers.

If it launched 6 months from now it would have had a better chance of getting some hype.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't call myself hyped, but I look forward to it, pre-ordered it a while ago.

IAMtheFMan

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
The original on Oculus was a competent but uninspired platformer with too much grinding and repetition. I liked it but that was mainly because of the VR aspect which was such a "holy crap" moment for me.

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
And thats the problem. Back at E3 and to this day most people think its a port from the Oculus VR game.

I don't think this is the case, most people don't even know the previous game. Let us not forget that Super Lucky's Tale is aimed for another target audience. This audience isn't surfing the web to talk about games, they don't even know about Conker or Banjo.

This is the only family friendly game in a long time on Xbox (exclusive) so I'm pretty sure it will do well. This game doesn't even need to do a million to be considered a success. I hope for Microsoft that Crash doesn't launch in December for Xbox, that will likely hurt sales more than anything else.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Every time I see this pop up, now in commercials, I question why Microsoft seems to care about it so much.

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't the VR equivalent of this quite passable? Looks decent albeit very basic? Not really going to make a dent in the world of Mario

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Every time I see this pop up, now in commercials, I question why Microsoft seems to care about it so much.

Easy, they need it to lure family friendly gamers. And, believe it or not it is a fun game too. From what I have played this is easily a game that will get above 70% reviews.

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The need some product to show Xbox isn't all about gritty games with burly white men in suits of armor. Apparently, this is the best they've got for the holidays.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who played the "first" game on Oculus, I can't imagine ever being hyped for this. I'm hoping the final product is quite a bit different from the original.

Aygomyownroad

Oct 27, 2017
Yup I'm hyped for it, looks great and I hope it does well to show MS that they should be taking more risks like this.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I think this game will surprise a lot of people. Not in a crazy way, but I can imagine there will be some aspects in Lucky better executed than some aspects of Odyssey.

edit because I know this will be misinterpreted, I still think that Odyssey overall will still be the better game of course. That's without question. But shitposts have already hit the internet

superluckytale8rsy9.png

Oct 28, 2017
I think this game will surprise a lot of people. Not in a crazy way, but I can imagine there will be some aspects in Lucky better executed than some aspects of Odyssey.

edit because I know this will be misinterpreted, I still think that Odyssey overall will still be the better game of course. That's without question. But shitposts have already hit the internet

That image is so loaded. There's no way to defend it. I do hope Lucky will be good though.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
So they just added Super to the name? Hm. Bad decision, I believe. Thought it was just a port.
Same here. I thought the Oculus game was just OK, so when I saw them slap "Super" on it, I thought it was just the same game, but in 4K. Hope it does well, but I have a feeling it's going to get buried/overlooked. I don't think the 1X is the right platform/audience for that type of game either, but what do I know?