• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which gaming subscription services are you subscribed to?

• PS Plus

Votes: 379 54.8%
  • Xbox Live Gold

Votes: 283 41.0%
  • PS Now

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Xbox Game Pass

Votes: 283 41.0%
  • Nintendo Switch Online

Votes: 301 43.6%
  • EA Access

Votes: 91 13.2%
  • Other (Gamefly, Origin Access, Humble Monthly, etc.)

Votes: 103 14.9%

• Total voters
Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
I used to have PS+ and Gold but I let the former lapse after realizing I wasn't playing any of their free games anymore. Sadly that blocked off all the great PSP, Vita, and PS3 titles I had but I have to worry about my budget a little more now that I'm back in school. GWG has been stellar though.

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I got 3 years of Game Pass for free. I am glad I got it because I otherwise wouldn't have played Sea of Thieves which has quickly become one of the best games I have ever played. This is on PC, tho. Don't own an Xbox.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Plus and Gold for me, since last gen.

I did have EA Access, was such a good value. I see why so many like Game Pass.

Might try PSNow out soon.

Ossom

Oct 31, 2017
Nintendo Switch Online as it was super cheap as a group. I have never played the nes games and only use it for smash. I would not have paid full price for it.

I had PS+ for years, but it ended in Jan and I just haven't seen the games to resub. There is value in it, but I don't have the time to play the games and owned most of the good additions already. It will take something special to make me resub as I'm not playing anything online right now.

Nov 1, 2017
I'm in the process of cutting all subscriptions from my life, even outside of gaming.

I'm still incredibly bitter about Sony charging me for PlayStation Plus when I unchecked the Auto-renewal box (there's a whole thread about this topic, which you can find here (https://www.resetera.com/threads/sony-just-renewed-my-ps-sub-for-1y-w-o-my-knowledge.112586/). If you're thinking about cancelling it, I would remove all Credit Card ties to the system, as I swear that box will recheck itself for no reason.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
None. I was subscribed to PS+, but I let it run out last year since I never play online and hardly played any of the "free" monthly games.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
PS+ and NSO because I play both systems online (I barely play the NES games or PS+ freebies)

Xbox Game Pass because I subscribed to try out Sea Of Thieves with the later updates and also Forza Horizon 4 when I upgraded my PC recently. I'll probably drop it next month though as it's still not a very good deal on PC. I'll probably resub to it every time I need to scratch that Forza itch or if they ever properly roll it out on PC.

PS Now because I forgot to cancel it after the trial 🤷‍♀️

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
-XBL: I've been a continuous member of XBL since '06 and don't imagine I'll ever let my subscription lapse.
-PS+: Got a PS4 for Black Friday and immediately got PS+ for it. Probably will keep subscribing for a long time.
-Game Pass: There was a deal for Buy 3 Months, Get 3 Months at a cheap price, so I figured I'd check it out. Probably won't re-up when it ends but I may sub for a month here and there to play some stuff. I'm not too big on digital games though and am already looking to buy physical copies of some of the Game Pass games I've been enjoying, like Monster Hunter World.
-EA Access: I signed up for a month because they were giving away 1000 Apex Coins for Apex Legends, and a month was discounted to $3-something. After it ended, I saw a cheap deal for 12 months and figured "Eh, why not?" I wanted my daughter to play The Sims 4 but she didn't get a chance during that month to try it. Probably won't re-up when my sub ends next April.

So that's four current subscriptions. I'll keep XBL and PS+ forever (or until the digital-only future arrives and I quit gaming, anyway), I'm not too attached to EA Access or Game Pass and probably won't keep them, and I don't imagine I'll be adding to those anytime soon since I don't play anything on PC and absolutely wouldn't pay for Nintendo's online service if I were to get a Switch anytime soon.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
PS+, PS Now, Nintendo Online and Final Fantasy XIV

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
PC, PS4, Switch.

None. Paying for online play is a scam and the few games that come with some subs that i would actually want to play, i´d just get them for less than the sub price anyway.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Humble Monthly and PS+ for now, though my auto-renew is off for PS+ and I plan to let it expire.

I think when I have a bit more disposable income each month I will sub to Game Pass. I have an Xbox One, so I can get the most of it on that, but my main motivation is to get MS's first party games on PC.

Oct 25, 2017
PS Plus because that thing is mandatory to have on a PS4 anyway. But I'm getting sick of paying for this shit that offers no real value (it's just a paywall to access the internet) and will switch fully to PC when it's over. Hopefully Nvidia's cards won't cost a fortune in January 2020.

Humble Monthly is the only other one I'm subbed to because I get actual good games monthly and a constant 10% off every game (except Epic exclusives, fuck Epic) is a great perk. I can also pause a month if I don't want the early reveal game which is the case right now.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
PS Plus because of online play, otherwise I'd cancel it.

I have Twitch prime, but I use someone else's amazon account for that access.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
should have had a poll option for None

that would have made the results more relevant

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had the same Xbox Live Gold account for 13 years now.

Edit: lmao at the posts who think the poll is not relevant without a "none" option.

e26.jpg

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Only PS+ at the moment.

I didnt have a need for Switch Online yet and i didnt renew Xbox Live because my XBone is already a SAD edition with collecting dust.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Had GameFly for 7 years now cuz it's great. Also PS Plus since PS4 is my main way of playing games and Switch Online since it's so cheap and worth it for Tetris/Mario Kart.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Dropping another invisible NONE vote! If I'ma spend money on gaming its gonna be on actual games that I can like own! Not to pay for online or for games I'd never download anyhow.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Don't enter the thread"?

Ok chief

This needs a 'none' if it wants to be accurate - many gamers haven't fallen into the trap

^ according to OP

My take is that its not a tally of Era's attitude towards subs, its a breakdown of those of us with subs, which is extremely insightful to understand what subscribers have chosen. That's the crucial difference here.

Last edited:

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
Just XBL Gold at the moment. I sold my PS4 a few months ago and just can't find a compelling reason to get NSO. I did have Gamepass at one point and really enjoyed it, so I might re-up it when the inevitable summer drought comes. But for now I've got too many games to play.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
XBL, GamePass and GameFly

I had EA and Origin Access but recently cancelled them because I didn't feel much new of worth was being added. I did play a ton of games on both of those and really felt I got my money worth from both.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
PS+, XBLG, PS Now, Game Pass, Switch Online, and Humble Monthly.

Out of those, Gold seems like the one I'm most likely to ditch if I choose to do so, followed by PS+. Game Pass is top tier, Humble Monthly continues to be pretty damn good IMO, and PS Now I'm trying out due to how cheap it was recently. Switch's I'm really hoping they bring more to the table than just NES stuff, so we'll see.

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
Humble Monthly from time to time and I stacked up some Game Pass codes to use when I wanna play.