Better boss fights?

• God of War

Votes: 600 65.0%
  • Zelda

Votes: 323 35.0%

• Total voters

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Depends. If you mean in term of gameplay, Zelda hands down. If you mean spectacle, God of War, no contest.

Now I dont think either are the best in their department.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Zelda, I find God of War boss to be mechanically weak and rely too much on QTE, they look really cool though

itshutton

Nov 1, 2017
I don't think Zelda's boss fights really stand out.

God of War however, has the amazing scale, but I also love mythology so the characters are ones I am already interested in.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
God of War probably just because of the sheer scale and fucking ridiculousness. The charm is both hilarious and satisfying.

Yeah, this.

The fucking QT events are annoying by today's standards, but the scale and pure awe of God of War's boss battles are still unparalleled in many respects. Cronos still blows my mind.

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
Months later, and having now played
the new GOW, I can safely that I was absolutely right: the boss fights in the Zelda series absolutely wipe the floor with God of War's, and it's not even close.

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018
Tough one, not a fan of BoTW bosses at all, but there's so many good ones throughout the series.

I'll say Zelda by a narrow margin.

Jan 11, 2018
Odd series to compare... Zelda's are typically more puzzle based, and God of War's fast, arcadey action. I prefer God of War's overall though.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
God of War. The scale, creativity and spectacle blows most games out the water.

Zelda has mostly ok bosses. Nothing really sticks out much as a good fight, outside of a few, a lot of great designs though.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I havent played the most recent God of War, but aside from Zeus, and Ares in the first one, the boss fights are SUPER forgettable in that series.

I can remember every single fight from Zelda, and that series has one of my absolute favourite eureka moments in a boss fight ever in Link between Worlds. That shield boss. SO GOOD. Holy shit its so good.