• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The reason the dude called him out was because the guy had a bad interaction with another of the streamers character's 2 months ago and was angry about it and wanted revenge. alot of Petty people on NP.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think a white person RPing as a black character is wrong unless it's in bad faith. I'm actually more interested in what the black people in the NoPixel community feels about Penta's character. Anyone know?

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
I asked because it's something I've been having doubts over, since I had seen people in Twitter saying playing PoC in games could be racist and I wanted to know from PoC who also play games. Wasn't trying to flame anything.

I don't act like a caricature with the character, honestly I don't even act since I don't really RP.

I think it's ridiculous. People shouldn't feel guilty over playing as Bayek in Assassin's Creed, Alloy in Horizon, or Lee in Walking Dead or whatever. If it's because you're making someone who is a different gender or race, even still. I stand by what I said, don't be a caricature.

If anything, I wish there was more Latin/Hispanic representation in games media.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I think it's ridiculous. People shouldn't feel guilty over playing as Bayek in Assassin's Creed, Alloy in Horizon, or Lee in Walking Dead or whatever. If it's because you're making someone who is a different gender or race, even still. I stand by what I said, don't be a caricature.

If anything, I wish there was more Latin/Hispanic representation in games media.

There's a meaningful difference between playing a character in a video game who has their own voice and script, and actually voicing and performing that character yourself, as a caricature, to a live audience. That is pretty much minstrel show shit.