Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
we already have morons on this board going "IT SHOWS NO QUID PRO QUO GUYS IDK".

so far the messaging is working.

No it isn't. These people either are being disingenuous or are ill informed.

The only people this "messaging" is working on were going to support him no matter what, or don't have the capacity to recognize a reality unless it is explicity explained to them.

Oct 25, 2017
Have you never heard of an implied threat before?

Boss calls you into their office. "We do a lot of great things for you here at the company. But it's not reciprocal because there's some bad things going on. I need you to do this thing for me."

Do you become surprised if you don't do the thing for the boss and you get fired? I mean, the boss never said they would fire you if you didn't do the thing, right?

He also literally froze the funds right before the call. 'We give you lots of aid, your economy is going to be great.' What does that mean to you, given the context? Gee, how can Ukraine continue to get those funds? What can they do? Trump didn't explicitly say yet the funds were released after the call. I'm so confused.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe this thread is making me make this argument...

Where in the transcript did he say he would withhold funds? Where is it stated funds are being withheld until Ukraine investigates the corruption of Biden?
The part where he had already withheld funds? 400 million in aid allocated by Congress in January, and mysteriously and suddenly ordered put on hold by Trump in July, before this phone call.
Your attempts are weak.

Oct 27, 2017
How is there anything wrong with this? I know we all want Trump to be impeached and imprisoned but y'all are making this into something it isn't and just coming across as ignorant. What law is broken by Trump asking the Ukrainian pres to look into corruption?
I'm just asking questions. You know? What if this quoted post is in bad faith? I'm not saying it is, I'm just asking questions.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
What are the current guesses on how long it takes for the impeachment articles to get released? How long do these inquiries usually last?
At least a couple months if not many. Dems will want to drag this out as long as possible. In doing so, they inflict maximum damage in approval ratings, if Trump does in fact get convicted in the Senate (which is obviously unlikely), it also limits their ability to get ahead in the election because Pence would be DOA.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017

Where in the transcript did he say he would withhold funds? Where is it stated funds are being withheld until Ukraine investigates the corruption of Biden?

You are aware that laws use a common sense interpretation of intent right? That, for instance, not everyone who faces consequences for issuing a death threat uses the exact words "I am going to kill you."

I mean the intent it 100% crystal clear. They discuss funds and then Trump says, word for word, "I would like you to do us a favor."

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
"We do so much for you."
"You don't do enough for us."
"I have a favor."

After already withholding funds for the Ukraine without an explanation. And on top of all this, this is the transcript the WH released that they thought would make them look GOOD. We have no idea what else is contained in the whistleblower complaint, nor do we know the accuracy of this transcript, or what is contained within other transcripts.

Showing you "the actual law that was broken" at this point in time is completely irrelevant. That's what a impeachment inquiry is for.
For real. I'll never understand people who are like " uhhh well it sounds bad but show me the law that says it's illegal, just so we can begin to investigate and gather information on it."

My onyl assumption is that these people don't actually know what impeachment is.

Jan 10, 2018

Show me the actual law that was broken.

He is asking a foreign a leader to investigate corruption that specifically includes the foreign leader's country. If that is illegal show me the law that states it's illegal.

Lol, that was be amazing and wonderful!

Trump is literally asking for a favour, not giving a tip or a hint, he is asking for a favour, after Jelenskyy talks about missiles and after having withheld aid.

I know there is no convincing of a Republican to be made, because they gonna pretend they can't read between lines till the end of times, but I felt like pointing that out for gullibles reading along, falling for the narrative.

Jan 2, 2018

Show me the actual law that was broken.

He is asking a foreign a leader to investigate corruption that specifically includes the foreign leader's country. If that is illegal show me the law that states it's illegal.

"I know I have a gun that matches the one used for the murder"
"I was also there at the time of the crime"
"I have also a history of murdering people with guns"

BUT SHOW ME THE PROOF THAT I MURDERED THIS ONE?!"

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
If that is even the case, show me what law that breaks and how it's an impeachable offense.

It's a campaign finance violation, at minimum, to knowingly solicit foreign assistance in a federal election. There was a 2 year investigation about that very thing that just wrapped up this spring.

It's just flat out corrupt to *wink wink* threaten that continued US support is contingent on the other party committing the campaign finance violation.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
If that is even the case, show me what law that breaks and how it's an impeachable offense.

The line crossed for impeachment is NOT a legal one. This is a clear abuse of the office of the Presidency, the notes on the call show the abuse in great detail.

A normal human being would realize the depths of his corruption and resign.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
How is there anything wrong with this? I know we all want Trump to be impeached and imprisoned but y'all are making this into something it isn't and just coming across as ignorant. What law is broken by Trump asking the Ukrainian pres to look into corruption?

Are you trolling or just being stupid? No seriously I need to know if this is a legit question.

You can't use foreign aid to look into your political opponents. That's influencing an election.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
At least a couple months if not many. Dems will want to drag this out as long as possible. In doing so, they inflict maximum damage in approval ratings, if Trump does in fact get convicted in the Senate (which is obviously unlikely), it also limits their ability to get ahead in the election because Pence would be DOA.
Also depending on the timing it would put many Senate Republicans in the catch-22 of convicting him and facing heat in the primary versus acquitting and hurting their chances in the general.

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just asking questions. You know? What if this quoted post is in bad faith? I'm not saying it is, I'm just asking questions.
I don't give a damn if you just ask questions. There isn't anything wrong with asking questions...well there shouldn't be. If you think my posts are in bad faith good for you. Waste your time looking at my post history.

Also, forgive me for being tired of Trump skating by every single fucking thing. All I want to know is what freaking law was broken so i can have some hope that the impeachment process might go somewhere...fuck me right?

abuse of power is an impeachable offense

no law required -- that is what a high crime is

if you insist though, https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=(title:52 section:30121 edition:prelim)

They also broke the law with the coverup

Truly, thank you for answering my question without being a dick.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
what if these are all smokescreen for the actual whistleblower complaint?

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

I guess any president is unimpeachable so long as they don't actually say out loud the actions that they're doing in front of everyone.