• astrobot

Votes: 440 30.7%
  • other

Votes: 219 15.3%

• Total voters

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
we know that mario is nintendo's mascot, master chief is microsoft's mascot, who do you think is sony's mascot? i found this question was highly variable for a lot of people and i don't think there is really a definite answer but like, who do you think springs to mind first? who would sony represent the playstation family through?

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Honestly, at this rate, like right now? I'd go with Kratos, personally.

Historically, Crash, I'd guess, but right now I'd go with Kratos.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really think Sony has a formal mascot. Their first party has bounced around so many characters for so long that I just don't think any really represent the platform as a whole.

I think modern Sony WANTS it to be Astro, but Astro's entire shtick is dressing up as other Sony characters and he doesn't really have an identity of his own, which was also a problem for Sackboy.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
latest

Always and forever.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Not every company needs a "mascot", and Sony is a good example of that.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda feels like each platform had its own mascot.

PS1: Crash
PS2: Kratos
PS3: Nathan Drake
PS4: Knack

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Kratos/Astro, but I think we're past the age of the mascot.

Yeah, I think mascots are a thing for kid-focused companies in particular because a cute, approachable character helps breed familiarity.

I don't think Kratos is approachable in any way, and the idea of a mass-murdering, genocidal psychopath being pushed as a "mascot" kind of makes me laugh. It just really doesn't fit Sony as a publisher or a first party.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Kratos, probably, though for me it's Aloy, and I certainly think it would be nice if a woman character was the face of PlayStation Studios. Of course, it could be Ellie or Abby, but these, while amazing characters and one of my favorites, are perhaps "too dark" narratively to be in such a position.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
They clearly want Astro to be their new mascot; but i'll never not think of Toro.

Deleted member 10119

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2021
Going forward? Astrobot.
In the past? hard to say.

Kratos is not exactly family friendly, so idk why people are putting him up there lol

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't. Sony's lack of a singular mascot is their identify to me. It signifies the much greater variety of software they focus around versus the "cutsey kideo games" of Nintendo represented through Mario, "gamer bro Dewritos shootbang" of MS with Master Chief or "garbage" of Sega with Sonic.

eFKac92

Apr 8, 2021
There are more popular characters on PlayStation but something I would consider a mascot for the platform is Sackboy.
Astro is gaining popularity and I can see him being the main mascot in the future, greeting us to every new PlayStation.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
If I had to narrow it down to one single character...

Nobody.

PlayStation doesn't have a mascot as such. There are characters whose popularity ebb and flow from generation to generation, but there's no single franchise that's stuck around since the PS1 and until today. It's always been a different one becoming the face of a PlayStation generation.

That's neither a good or bad thing, mind you, it just is.