Oct 28, 2017
US
Dr. Victor Von Doom

tumblr_inline_n5077rWxKq1sdxy78.gif

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Dr Doom.........after he has the power of the beyonders.

Basically, the only story that I can see beating the epic infinity war is a version of Hickman's Secret Wars.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they will adapt Mephisto, at least not in the movies, that's a no no for China.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they will adapt Mephisto, at least not in the movies, that's a no no for China.
Cause he basically is Satan?

Marvel could easily write around that. He's an interdemensional being who sews evil into other worlds. Even the comics are quick to note that he's not actually Satan or any religious deity.

Oct 27, 2017
Because he earns his victories. Dude's brutal & his plans always put him ahead of the heroes. Even if it looks like he's about to lose... He wins.
Doom isn't even paying the same game everyone else is. When it looks like he's about to lose...he wins 3 separate games you didn't even know you were playing.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
That mutant dude with the huge square head (no not SpongeBob). No idea what his name is.

raterpillar

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
because he wins when he loses. he just sounds so corny and the definition of a Mary Sue. Pulling victories out of his ass.
You're using that term incorrectly. Also you have a Dragonball avatar. I do actually get what you're saying but because it all comes down to implementation there's just no point getting into it. People want Doom because he's the most beloved and popular Marvel villain who hasn't been done justice onscreen. He influenced some hugely influential villains like Darth Vader. He also has some pretty unique attributes, like being a recognised ruler of his country with diplomatic immunity etc., as well as being at once over-the-top goofy, menacing and competent, and pretty complex. He deserves a proper shot. Also he's not as bad as Thanos in the 'mary sue' way and they did an amazing job with him (far better than the source material deserved tbh).

Oct 31, 2017
I don't really see Galactus being a multiple film antagonist. Galactus will have a film but ultimately further set up characters like the Silver Surfer and more cosmic beings

Kang the Conqueror & Annuhlis I can see really enjoying the MCU treatment. Time travel & the negative zone being new areas to explore

Victor Von Doom obviously is one of the best villains of all time as easily the greatest Marvel Comics super villain. He could be the main characters is his own series to be honest. The biggest Marvel Comics event, the granddaddy of all superhero events also stars Doom. Secret Wars >>>>> Infinity Wars

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Annihilus, set up a big event with cosmic guys, GotG, Captain Marvel, Nova & Silver Surfer (if the later 2 have been introduced yet). I just need to see Annihilation on the big screen, it would be epic beyond words.
Would be awesome if they have separate crossover events leading up to the big crossover. So have the cosmic Marvel crew take on Annihilus then the earth based crew take on another threat. Then somehow it all leads up to them meeting up again.

Also we need Richie Rider. They already have his origin set up with Thanos destroying Xandar.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Doom, Annihilus, or Galactus. It will for sure be one of these.

Kang would be sick, as well as Baron Zemo and company since he's still alive.

cervanky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think they should go smaller scale first. I don't really think Earth should face another cosmic alien threat again, it's been done in Avengers and in Infinity War. I don't think Galactus attacking Earth would be sufficiently distinct (and his MO is a bit too similar to Thanos' balancing. Not the same, but ehhh), he could be dealt with in a FF movie or something.

Phase 4:
6v2tbmU.png

- Introduce Fantastic Four and Doom
- Start to introduce mutants
- Dark Reign (Osborn takes advantage of power vacuum post-Infinity War?)

Phase 5:
pndtgFw.png

- Fully introduce X-Men as a team
- Cosmic Marvel (FF + Captain Marvel?) vs Galactus
- Avengers + X-Men vs Magneto (Or Apocalypse, or Phoenix)

Phase 6:
fvRwCJ4.png

- Time Runs Out
- Battleworld (Limited television series??)
- End the MCU with Secret Wars, final battle against God Doom

And at that point it'll be the 2030s and who knows, maybe television will have killed cinema (I hope not!) and Marvel will reboot everything as prestige TV dramas with great 2030s special effects.

Last edited:

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
So....you people see that Avengers: IW has a cosmic level threat like Thanos, and in your minds, the logical, more dangerous villain would be.....Dr. Doom?

Galactus at least makes some sense, though I would be against that since we already have a movie with him (even though it's an incredibly shitty one).

cervanky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So....you people see that Avengers: IW has a cosmic level threat like Thanos, and in your minds, the logical, more dangerous villain would be.....Dr. Doom?

Galactus at least makes some sense, though I would be against that since we already have a movie with him (even though it's an incredibly shitty one).
I don't think they should one-up a godlike villain like Thanos right away, that power creep might be boring and unsustainable. I'm not sure Galactus is different enough from the MCU's incarnation of Thanos anyway. They'd fight off an alien who wants to prevent overpopulation by killing half the universe, only to fight another alien who wants to balance out cosmic forces by eating planets. Those poor Avengers couldn't catch a break, haha!

Doom's a good smaller-scale threat at first, but there's a great comic book series from a couple of years ago where Dr Doom becomes a god to save what's left of reality. It's executed very well and was sort of framed as a final battle for the comic book Marvel universe as we knew it, and a lot of folks think it'd be a good fit for the MCU as well.

He meets Thanos, too. Spoiler for that series:
uqvzIbt.jpg

Last edited:

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You have to think of it as who can do more powerful and cooler looking shit than Thanos in Infinity War.

I don't know much about Doom. So can't comment although he seems to be No1 choice.

Jack Remington

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We had this thread like a month ago, so I'll give the same answer I gave then.

Rabum Alal.

Slayven and some others will know of what I speak.

rockx4

Dec 8, 2017
You have to think of it as who can do more powerful and cooler looking shit than Thanos in Infinity War.

I don't know much about Doom. So can't comment although he seems to be No1 choice.
Me neither, and he's also been in 2 movies... and he's sucked so bad in both. Not sure I want to see Doom again.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

There doesn't need to be a logical progression in power levels or something between villains. I'm fine with Thanos being the most powerful villain they ever fight in the MCU, Galactus is boring

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

In terms of levels of fear when it comes to geniuses coming up with insane plots to rule everything, the list goes:

1. Mr. Fantastic
2. Thanos
3. Dr. Doom

Since they're not going to unleash a series of movies about how evil Reed Richards fucks up any universe that he exists within, the only logical followup to Thanos would be Doom, especially since Doom is a genius and has the tech angle that could challenge Stark, the magic angle that could challenge Dr. Strange, and generally demolishes entire teams by himself any time he makes an appearance anyway.

rockx4

Dec 8, 2017
Annihilus, set up a big event with cosmic guys, GotG, Captain Marvel, Nova & Silver Surfer (if the later 2 have been introduced yet). I just need to see Annihilation on the big screen, it would be epic beyond words.
Annihilation seems the obvious choice given the cosmic direction. It would be a huge spectacle. With them hinting at a possible Nova movie, introducing Captain Marvel, I think Annihilation would be the next obvious event.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean you can really only have galactus, doom and magneto at this point.

I think Galactus should be the next threat.

Build up Doom through Fantastic Four, and Magneto through X-Men. Let those two be set up for who they are (not necessarily evil, but still men with their own agendas whom are occasionally antagonists to the heroes) - and have them join the 'good' guys to take down Galactus.

It will make their turn as villains that much more interesting to have multi-dimensional villains who were themselves considered heroes.

But I could see these arcs lasting another 10-15 years, easy. Will audiences have that kind of patience?

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Short term: Norman Osborn and a Thunderbolts / Masters of Evil villain team-up. A bit more down to Earth before they start setting up the next huge cosmic threat.

Long term: Doctor Doom and Galactus

Other possibilites: Skrull/Kree war / Super Skrull. Could see it happening in Captain Marvel 2 or 3, though.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Doom.

But why not evil Reed? Might as well do something different (to the mainstream). Keep him in check for a few movies and slowly unravel his madness. Gives you a few years to mess about with the actor before recasting to a younger Reed from a different place that isn't a mad man. Make sure evil Reed blames Sue for rejecting him though. Can't change that.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Naw, I expect a tease at the end of Avengers 4.

I'm about 50% sure that we will be teased with this...

[AWESOME PICTURES]

Man I get fucking chills just imaging the regular Avengers crew sitting around a long table, looking confused and then Richard Reed starts talking. Christ that would be so good.

Doom.

But why not evil Reed? Might as well do something different (to the mainstream). Keep him in check for a few movies and slowly unravel his madness. Gives you a few years to mess about with the actor before recasting to a younger Reed from a different place that isn't a mad man. Make sure evil Reed blames Sue for rejecting him though. Can't change that.

This is also an excellent idea.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
After Avengers 4 it would be best to scale things back again and start building towards an earth-based threat rather than another galactic event. Dr Doom seems like the perfect antagonist for that.

samb_rules

Jan 16, 2018
I'm not mega big on lore or anything but I like the idea of the next bad being a lower tier villain who gets given/stumbles upon some massive cosmic-level power, drives them mad. Someone totally unstable with zero plan. Mysterio (played by Gary Oldman) gets his ass kicked by Antman 'n Spiderman for instance, in some embarrassing way, then he finds some crazy source of power.

Is there any precedent for this in the comic books?