Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Said this in the other thread, Mephisto. Scale it back from Comsic Marvel, but still keep it grandiose. Supernatural Marvel would be great on the big screen.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Cause he basically is Satan?

Marvel could easily write around that. He's an interdemensional being who sews evil into other worlds. Even the comics are quick to note that he's not actually Satan or any religious deity.
They would have to change his name and appearance, Ghostbusters and Suicide Squad were banned because of religious elements, btw they already have dormmamu fill the "dark lord" type of character.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
if they end up using the fox properties, I could see doom being a villain in avengers 5 (sorta like loki in the first avengers), then in 6 him being a pseudo good guy when they have to fight galactus in 6 & 7.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
They already wasted the absolutely perfect actor for Doom on fucking Kaecilius of all people.

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
Not a comic nerd. Can someone explain why Dr. Doom is considered such a big threat. My only introduction to him is with the movies where he was alwaya terrible. He is also a human in the movies.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Avengers 5: Skrulls (Secret Invasion)
Avengers 6: DOOM
Avengers 7: THE COMING OF GALACTUS (and the 20th anniversary of the MCU)

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Amatsu-Mikaboshi would be cool and probably wouldn't require any of the Fox rights like Doom and Galactus. Would also help introduce the Olympian and Japanese pantheons. But some of his more insane feats would actually require introducing Galactus and Doom FIRST I suppose. Ehhh...

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
250px-Shuma_Gorath.jpg

Shuma-Gorath deserves some screen time.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Doom and the Incursions, absolutely. Another two-parter, years from now. First movie is the Illuminati (Stark, T'Challa, Strange, Richards, and whoever else you want to throw in) trying to stop the Incursions. Some alternate-universe fuckery (whether that's the Great Society or just some other parallel universe... maybe a Thanos Wins reality?). Ultimately, they fail during the final incursion, hop in a life raft, and Doom comes out of nowhere to save the day.

Second half, Doom running his own private Utopia, where a team of heroes from the life raft try to restore everything. Bring back the Gauntlet. Big final showdown with Doom wielding the power of a legitimate god.

I always assumed it was impossible but between the Fox deal and the sheer scale of Infinity War? I think it's on the goddamn table.

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Galactus.

He one-ups Thanos as a threat to humanity considering his motivation is driven by personal survival and his actions yield a global mortality rate far greater than 50%.

I'd also add Magneto because I think eventually Disney will need to scale down the threat level posed by grand cosmic/galactic menaces to villains who manifest more deep-seated social/philosophical dilemmas, which is what the mutant conundrum has historically represented.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Secret Invasion would need a long gap from IW's ending, because they're kinda hitting the same sort of note.

ThirdROB

Oct 27, 2017
Dr. Doom is the right answer. Although, making him seem like a greater threat than Thanos seems impossible.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to get audiences buzzing then Secret Invasion is the ticket- reveal early on in whatever Phase that the Skrulls are swapping out with the heroes to get people speculating in each movie if someone could be a Skrull.

Unfortunately it will probably also lead to crappy movies where creators are having to compromise their characters to account for the fact that they may be revealed to be a Skrull.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Remember when they called TWS White Wolf? Nerds.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I dont k ow who the next big bad will be but I hope they make a nick furys secret war movie with daredevil, spiderman, wolverine and luke cage just like the comic that has doom.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
I psych myself out thinking about Namor being the villain of the next Black Panther. Please happen. Tom Cruise. Cruise missile. Do it.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
It would be a tough fight but I don't see why Cap wouldn't be able to best Carnage with his shield. Venom I would imagine to be less of an issue than Carnage.
Carnage could just absorb his shield? Plus carnage is like 10x as strong as cap so he could just rip it out of his hands or rip his arm off?

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a non-comic reader, can somebody explain what makes Dr. DOOM a good choice for next big bad?

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Carnage could just absorb his shield? Plus carnage is like 10x as strong as cap so he could just rip it out of his hands or rip his arm off?
Cap's fought the hulk and won and Id imagine hulk is a great degree stronger than Carnage and his shield can and has just as easily cut through symbiotes before.