• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Dark Chocolate is disgusting. That's like eating egg-shells when you eat "eggs". Why bother.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Dark chocolate is heavily marketed towards women skewing your perception that there is a preference.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Why women? I like dark chocolate and I have a huge penis and I like trucks and toxic masculinity.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
This thread is flawed science.
Hardcore (I prefer 70%):
0002661_lindt-excellence-set-of-4-70-85-90-99-cocoa-dark-chocolate-bars-combo_550.jpeg
Wait, they make 99%? That's insane.

I thought I was crazy for loving the 90% lol. I am totally going to be on the lookout for the 99% now.

Are you chewing it? Chewing it releases extra bitterness, you're supposed to let it melt in your mouth. I used to dislike dark chocolate until I tried that.
This is true. Don't chew it, let it melt. It'll taste so good.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
99% is literally gimmick territory because then you're effectively just eating baking chocolate

and i don't care who you are, that's fuckin unpleasant

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I sorta understand your point OP, most of the women I know prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate. About half of them say its because dark chocolate is healthier, which I think is a bit shady - I'm sure its a tiny bit healthier (less sugar) but I'm not sure the difference is really that significant. A few say they can "taste" the cocoa better in dark chocolate and its the thing that they crave the most, whereas I find the bitter cocoa taste pretty off putting.

My wife and sister are both convinced women are better tasters than men, which is true in our family, but whenever I see taste challenges in Hell's Kitchen or Top Chef the men usually win so not sure if that shakes out true or not in the general population.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
I sorta understand your point OP, most of the women I know prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate. About half of them say its because dark chocolate is healthier, which I think is a bit shady - I'm sure its a tiny bit healthier (less sugar) but I'm not sure the difference is really that significant. A few say they can "taste" the cocoa better in dark chocolate and its the thing that they crave the most, whereas I find the bitter cocoa taste pretty off putting.

My wife and sister are both convinced women are better tasters than men, which is true in our family, but whenever I see taste challenges in Hell's Kitchen or Top Chef the men usually win so not sure if that shakes out true or not in the general population.

Marabou milk chocolate
550 kcal
32g fat
58.5g carbohydrates, of which 58g sugar
2g fiber
4.7g protein

Lindt 90%
600 kcal
55g fat
30g carbohydrates, of which 8g sugar
15g fiber
10g protein

The difference is massive. Real chocolate has significantly better macros in every single category.

Real chocolate also has the benefit of being much more fulfilling at smaller amounts. I know I used to easily eat half or occasionally a whole milk chocolate bar at 200g in one sitting, where as now one square of 20g 90% Lindt is enough for me.

Normalizing my taste for sugar was the best thing I did.

LogicAirForce

Oct 25, 2017
I tried 90% cocoa once. Tasted like dirt. I love dark chocolate, but apparently there's such a thing as TOO much.

Good green tea is very slightly sweet and fresh tasting. It is THE BEST kind of tea. Especially, as I've said, complementing some dark chocolate.
Which brand of green tea do you recommend?
Also, OP I like dark chocolate but don't know any other woman who likes it. Don't know any men who like it either. Just means more dark chocolate for me!

Coolwhip

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I heard that dark chocolate having some health benefits is a scam made up by the food industry. True or not?

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I hated dark chocolate as a kid but grew to love it. I almost exclusively eat it now. I will say that many companies put way too much sugar in it, negating the health benefits. 85% is the highest I can go. I do want to try that 99% Lindt bar just for bragging rights (if I survive).

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Are you chewing it? Chewing it releases extra bitterness, you're supposed to let it melt in your mouth. I used to dislike dark chocolate until I tried that.

Well..you learn something new everyday.

If you don't like dark chocolate, you don't like chocolate... You like sugar

I mean...yeah. It's just way too bitter for me; if I'm gonna eat chocolate, I'm gonna get stuff I actually enjoy.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a guy and I prefer dark chocolate. Milk chocolate is great, too, but you get far more interesting infusions and geographic variations in dark chocolate.

It's chocolate for people who find nuance in coffee and red wine.

Oct 31, 2017
I never asked women about their preference in chocolate. I fuck with dark chocolate and feel better about eating it but I'm realistically eating pretty much any chocolate and feeling good about it

ThatWasAJoke

Oct 28, 2017
I just fuck with Lindt Mint and those Cadbury Salted Caramel ones. Although on the whole I think chocolate is overrated and would prefer a good pastry.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Dark chocolate is delicious. Milk chocolate is also delicious. Every other woman I know (which is more than 2!) shares this opinion. What now?

Deleted member 3534

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think my chromosomes play a part in my preference for either. I like dark chocolate because, in America, it seems easier to get very high quality dark chocolates than it is to get high quality "regular" chocolate. Vomit tasting Hershey shit is largely to blame. There's also more satisfying about darker chocolates. If I feel like eating chocolate, darker chocolates will scratch the inch whereas I could just keep eating and eating good high quality milk chocolate. Probably has a lot to do with the amount of sugar. I'm not tempted to binge on good dark chocolate.

Orio

Oct 27, 2017
Which brand of green tea do you recommend?
Also, OP I like dark chocolate but don't know any other woman who likes it. Don't know any men who like it either. Just means more dark chocolate for me!

Unfortunately I'm not so into tea that I can really recommend brands! I just get some loose leaf tea from the local asian market.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Dark chocolate is far superior to milk chocolate.

85% is my limit, 70% is my preference.

Liljagare

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I never thought it had to do with preference..more like milk chocalate is always associated with calories, fat..essentially everything that is bad. And dark is associated with health, diet. People on the whole tend to prefer to be associated with a healthy lifestlye, hence dark chocalate. Personally, I prefer milk but by eating a bit of 90% dark, I can curb my sugar cravings.