Is Chick-fil-A overrated?

• No

Votes: 493 59.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 332 40.2%

• Total voters

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Why shouldn't that apply to you as well if you shop at Target, Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot, Macy's, or at any of the companies on this list of companies that donate or are in partnership with The Salvation Army? Chick-fil-A's donations aren't any different from those companies' donations or association.

It has been nearly five years since Chick-fil-A chairman and CEO Dan Cathy's comment that the company was "guilty as charged" of opposing same-sex marriage brought the company's long history of anti-LGBTQ activism to the nation's attention.

At that time, the company launched a very small charm offensive, issuing a statement that the company will "treat every person with honor, dignity and respect-regardless of their beliefs, race, creed, sexual orientation and gender." (Chick-fil-A did not back this up with any LGBTQ-inclusive non-discrimination policy. )

For example, the Chick-fil-A Foundation gave more than $1 million in 2015 (nearly one-sixth of its total grants) to the the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. The religious organization, which seeks to utilize athletes and coaches to spread Christian teachings, imparts a strongly anti-LGBTQ message. Staff and volunteers with the organization have been required to adhere to a strict "sexual purity" policy, prohibiting any "homosexual acts," even for married couples. The group takes the view that, "The Bible is clear in teaching on sexual sin including sex outside of marriage and homosexual acts. Neither heterosexual sex outside of marriage nor any homosexual act constitute an alternative lifestyle acceptable to God."

Whataboutism needs to be laser focused in order to be effective. Which other company does so much to proudly embrace how anti-LGBT they are?

There are companies that give money to both sides of the aisle, and thus have given to shitty people and causes. Chick Fil A basically only wants to make sure that their anti-LGBT cause gets oxygen. That is the difference.

Oct 25, 2017
Chick fil A is good as fuck and 10 minutes from my school so...

That being said, while I don't think Popeye's is quite as good, the closest Popeyes to my house is 10 minutes away while the closest CFA is almost 40, so it's a suitable substitute on breaks.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Before the controversy came out, it really was as simple as good quality food with great service. Those two things are crazy rare in fast food. In n Out are the only ones who compete there.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Bigotry aside, I never understood the hype with Chick Fil A. We had them in Arkansas since the late 90s and it didn't seem to blow up in popularity ironically until around the whole gay marriage thing when the mega churches basically started promoting them.

The food is just okay to me. If there's a half empty McDonalds next to a super busy Chick Fil A - I'm probably getting a Big Mac.

I think part of it is a testament to just how shitty the fast food experience has become that people are so amazed when one (albeit ethically gross) company manages to do it right for a change.

For example, I love my local Whataburger but unless you go there during graveyard hours the drive thru is always at least 3 cars deep, it takes 10+ minutes to get a single combo meal, and there's a 1-in-3 chance your order will be wrong. And I don't even get mad about that because I've just come to expect it.

Middleman

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
I've got no doubt that there are a small number of assholes who revel in praising CFA for shitty reasons, but equating anyone who enjoys it with a MAGA hat douchebag isn't really acceptable.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
The only time I ever seem to want to eat there is when I drive by one on Sundays. Of course they're like the only fast food restaurant that is closed every Sunday.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017

Whataboutism needs to be laser focused in order to be effective. Which other company does so much to proudly embrace how anti-LGBT they are?

There are companies that give money to both sides of the aisle, and thus have given to shitty people and causes. Chick Fil A basically only wants to make sure that their anti-LGBT cause gets oxygen. That is the difference.
I feel that the distinction is meaningless when the end result is the same: your money's going to organizations that harm human rights. Just because you're clearing some arbitrary standard that you set for yourself, it doesn't mean that your money isn't ultimately doing just as much to harm human rights as some other person's money. Nor should it mean that anyone who's not clearing the same standard is, without exception, "a piece of trash". Because otherwise, many millions of otherwise decent people, many of whom are themselves oppressed minorities, would also qualify as "pieces of trash".

If we're going to be basing conclusions as to whether someone is irredeemable trash on this one issue alone, it's fair game to question whether the tangible result of any one person's decision to consume from Chick-fil-A is any different from someone else's decision to consume from Target, Apple, Amazon, etc.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
very clean for a fast food place. The workers carry themselves with pride. I just had the Popeyes chicken sandwich though and thats the new king IMO.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
I feel that the distinction is meaningless when the end result is the same: your money's going to organizations that harm human rights. Just because you're clearing some arbitrary standard that you set for yourself, it doesn't mean that your money isn't ultimately doing just as much to harm human rights as some other person's money. Nor should it mean that anyone who's not clearing the same standard is, without exception, "a piece of trash". Because otherwise, many millions of otherwise decent people, many of whom are themselves oppressed minorities, would also qualify as "pieces of trash".

If we're going to be basing conclusions as to whether someone is irredeemable trash on this one issue alone, it's fair game to question whether the tangible result of any one person's decision to consume from Chick-fil-A is any different from someone else's decision to consume from Target, Apple, Amazon, etc.

This is just "nobody is perfect, we can't judge anyone" dressed up to make people feel better. We're comparing a company that scored a 0 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index to companies that have scored 100. While that is only one standard, and we're only talking about diversity and LGBT rights, it gives you an idea of what we're talking about without covering our eyes and ears and saying "NO ETHICAL BLAH BLAH."

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Exactly. When are the mods going to make good on their promises to the queer Era community and back up that shit up with actions. We still haven't seen a response to last weeks drama. People aren't feeling anymore welcome and I'm still seeing these basic ass threads by straight people who have no issues supporting this trash company.

Make a stand. These threads and posters should go to the old place.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I feel like every week here a thread pops up about chick fil a so people could praise despite it's obvious stances

You people aren't slick lmao

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
This is just "nobody is perfect, we can't judge anyone" dressed up to make people feel better. We're comparing a company that scored a 0 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index to companies that have scored 100. While that is only one standard, and we're only talking about diversity and LGBT rights, it gives you an idea of what we're talking about without covering our eyes and ears and saying "NO ETHICAL BLAH BLAH."
That doesn't address the argument. But if you'd prefer to go through life thinking people are irredeemable trash for the fast food they consume, and that that's the only thing you need to know about them to be sure that they are bad people, then yeah, sure, go ahead. That's a rather sad life to lead, in my opinion, but it's your prerogative.

Oct 25, 2017
I think chikfila, for fast food, is okay because the chicken is actually more chicken then other places /shrug

Everything else seems to be just as shitty but at least the chicken itself is kinda acceptable

edit:
Woah, this thread is what...

Last edited:

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't address the argument. But if you'd prefer to go through life thinking people are irredeemable trash for the fast food they consume, and that that's the only thing you need to know about them to be sure that they are bad people, then yeah, sure, go ahead. That's a rather sad life to lead, in my opinion, but it's your prerogative.

Argument? You have no argument. You came in, ignored all the LGBT people who have mentioned why these constant threads praising CFA are shitty and shat out some whataboutism.

I'm not living a sad life, mostly because I'm not a bigot who defends bigots. But that's your prerogative, guy.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Y'know, eating at CFA is cool if you like it, go ahead. But if you see those Anti-LGBTQ+ Statements made by CFA them-fucking-selves (something the other companies who work with the Salvation Army have not done), and ignore them just to keep indulging at CFA?

Getting called out for your shit is completely warranted and maybe you should listen, or deal with people not liking your support of a company like that.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like every week here a thread pops up about chick fil a so people could praise despite it's obvious stances

You people aren't slick lmao

This is my favorite new phrase. All these douchebags in this thread praising Chik-Fil-A aren't slick.

My first boyfriend, who I'm still good friends with, was sent to a conversion camp by his parents. It was a pretty damn traumatic experience for him. Chick-Fil-A's donations go towards those programs. You seriously want to sit here and tell queer people it's not a big deal, praise this trash company, or play a game of whataboutism?

Bitch, fucking please. Someone should make a shame list of people from these threads and post it every time one pops-up. People do that shit when console war stuff comes up, like the Switch thread, why can't we shame people who support companies that take part in bigoted practices? Don't post stuff out there if you're not willing to back it up. And don't call yourself a fucking ally

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tastes really good and the level of service they provide is off the charts (for a fast food place).

It is nice getting your food from someone that doesn't hate their job and actually gives a fuck.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
This is my favorite new phrase. All these douchebags in this thread praising Chik-Fil-A aren't slick.

My first boyfriend, who I'm still good friends with, was sent to a conversion camp by his parents. It was a pretty damn traumatic experience for him. Chick-Fil-A's donations go towards those programs. You seriously want to sit here and tell queer people it's not a big deal, praise this trash company, or play a game of whataboutism?

Bitch, fucking please. Someone should make a shame list of people from these threads and post it every time one pops-up. People do that shit when console war stuff comes up, like the Switch thread, why can't we shame people who support companies that take part in bigoted practices? Don't post stuff out there if you're not willing to back it up. And don't call yourself a fucking ally

Just wait until they mention their brother's friend's cousin who is gay and owns a CFA or their aunt's paperboy's daycare worker who is gay and eats there.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
Stop giving them the benefit of the doubt. Chik Fil A has done the same song and dance, then later it turns out it was donating to the same kinds of groups.
Only recently were they donating to group like:

Focus on the Family(hate group)
Fellowship of Christian Athletes (Anti-LGBT propaganda aimed at kids)
Chick-fil-A is one of the only large American companies that still refuses to include explicit protections against discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity in its employment non-discrimination policy- ThinkProgress
Paul Anderson Youth Home(Anti-LGBT propaganda aimed at kids)

Stop stanning for this org. There's no reason they won't try to secretly donate to more anti-LGBT hate groups, or are right now.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I think part of it is a testament to just how shitty the fast food experience has become that people are so amazed when one (albeit ethically gross) company manages to do it right for a change.

For example, I love my local Whataburger but unless you go there during graveyard hours the drive thru is always at least 3 cars deep, it takes 10+ minutes to get a single combo meal, and there's a 1-in-3 chance your order will be wrong. And I don't even get mad about that because I've just come to expect it.

By work we have Chikfila and Burger King. No one in line at BK yet food takes forever and is sometimes room temp or old fries. And then of course always a good chance they fuck up your order. Chikfila always lines, but minimal wait for the food, it's usually hot, and never had an order wrong with them.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just wait until they mention their brother's friend's cousin who is gay and owns a CFA or their aunt's paperboy's daycare worker who is gay and eats there.

Or that one dude who says his lesbian daughters eat there and then make pro-lgbtq donations. Queer people can make terrible choices that have negative consequences on their own community. I've seen it first hand with racism and bigotry in the Chicago queer community.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it also helps that their stores are incredibly busy, and therefore the food doesn't spend a long time sitting around. When you get chicken nuggets at Wendy's, most of the time it tastes like it has been sitting under a heat lamp for 45 minutes. Chick-Fil-A is generally pretty fresh, which is really important for fried food.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
A progressive website like this shouldn't require its users to find and ignore bigoted content/users. They should be taking care of that for us with bans or notices at the very least.
My dude, are you suggesting people get banned for eating a chicken sandwich

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You can't just say the word "Whataboutism" as if it's a rock solid argument when people point out that other companies donate to the same anti LGBTQA+ non-profits.

Nobody demands posters get banned when they talk about an Amazon Black Friday sale or say they like the new Google Pixel.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
As far as fast food goes, they are pretty good. Plus their customer service is probably the best in the industry.

A difference from rolling up to McDonald's drive thru and they saying "Go head" when placing your order.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Argument? You have no argument. You came in, ignored all the LGBT people who have mentioned why these constant threads praising CFA are shitty and shat out some whataboutism.

I'm not living a sad life, mostly because I'm not a bigot who defends bigots. But that's your prerogative, guy.
You are calling me a bigot for thinking that people shouldn't automatically be labeled 'pieces of trash' for eating at Chick-fil-A? You know nothing about me apart from that one fact. You don't know that, in some respects, I might've led a much less privileged life than you have: from having been raised in a very poor, shitty wooden house in rural Puerto Rico, to having lived through a Category 4 Hurricane that left me and my loved ones without running water and power for 3 months. You don't know what I've done to make a positive difference in other people's lives. What you're essentially saying is that even if you did know about all those things, that one fact about myself (that I don't think it's fair to label people irredeemable trash for their unethical consumption) is the overriding factor in deeming me a bigot? Really...? It's not dismissive to question whether it makes sense to label ("without exception") people "pieces of trash" for the fast food they consume. You're labeling and dismissing as irredeemable trash millions of otherwise good people based on one data point alone. If that can't be challenged or questioned, what the fuck can be?

And to be clear, it *is* dismissive and insensitive to pop into a thread, ignore all the ongoing discussion, and simply post "I love Chick-fil-A," but that's not what I'm doing.

Oct 25, 2017
I think CFA gets an advantage due to all the bias built up against red meat. That said, their chicken is simply better quality then a lot of the fast food competition, at least in the chicken category. They still inject it with sodium and shit to make it juicier and their breading/sauces are nothing to brag about, but the texture of the chicken makes it taste real and the impression it is healthier because it is white meat goes a long way.

I do not eat fast food mainly cause of the highly processed oils and MSG used.

I do not think most people know about or care about the politics. I am not sure what to think about the politics. I eat, I am certain, factory farmed meat even though I think it is a practice that should be ended due to environmental impact. I never really looked into it, regardless I cannot afford to spend extra money every week on meat atm. If I could I would upgrade to grass fed/finished beef and organic/uncaged chicken, etc..

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Wait a minute, So now we are bigots because we go to chic-fil-A to eat? We talk about whataboutism but companies like apple and google deserve more backlash because of there practises and you can't claim "whataboutism" just to turn around and call people that eat at chic fil a bigots. I for one didn't read any of the replies until after i posted my response cause the thread title clearly asked what is special about chic-fil A and not if i support bigots.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
the Stranger spoke on the hypocrisy of people opposing Chick Fil A but still giving business to other businesses

Will there be protests when Chick-fil-A opens its doors? It's certainly possible—Seattle loves a good picket, although Bitter Lake is kinda out of the way and people were so excited for fried chicken and waffle fries when the company opened up in Federal Way that they actually camped out overnight to get it, but I've always found it interesting which businesses we choose to boycott and which we do not. The president of Chick-fil-A has some crazy and clearly bigoted beliefs, to be sure, but tons of other corporations have donated to anti-gay politicians and no one pitches a fit about it on Twitter, much less starts a boycott. Even worse, some of these companies do it while promoting themselves as pro-gay.

This hypocrisy is never on full display as much as it is this time of year, when companies dutifully change their social media avatars to rainbow flags and tell their queer employees to march in gay Pride parades while also donating to politicians who support anti-queer legislation. Over at Popular Information, someone compiled a post with a breakdown of companies that profess their support for the queer community while donating to lawmakers who vote to deny or rollback LGBTQ protections. AT&T, according to the post, donated $2.7 million to 193 anti-gay politicians between 2017 and 2018; UPS donated $2.4 million to 159 anti-gay politicians; Comcast donated $2.1 million to 154 anti-gay pols; and on and on and on and on and on. It's what corporations do: They pander and market and make you think that by putting up a rainbow flag once a month, they are anything but money-hungry, bottom-feeding corporate swine.

Now, this doesn't mean I'll be frequenting Chick-fil-A (it's not that good, and where the hell is Bitter Lake?), and I fully support anyone who chooses to wage some kind of protest against this company coming to Seattle. But at the same time, if you're going to boycott Chick-fil-A for being anti-gay, you may want to consider boycotting companies that wave Pride flags while donating to politicians who harm actual queer people.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
the Stranger spoke on the hypocrisy of people opposing Chick Fil A but still giving business to other businesses
Linking Katie Herzog in this lol?

In its effort to be inclusive, "The Future Is Nonbinary" (now also available as a t-shirt) does exactly the same thing that Porten complains about: It erases a population. In this case, the population is women, both cis and trans. Perhaps ironically, it seems to be mostly young women doing the erasing, and when our news feeds are filled with stories of women being harassed, assaulted, and oppressed, it's not hard to see why they'd reject being a woman at all.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Its obscenely overrated. Anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong or doesn't know what a good chicken sandwich tastes like.

Dunk

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
It is by far the most profitable fast food restaurant by location. Partly due to the real, fresh chicken and also because each franchise owner can only have a single restaurant causing them to have greater attention to detail. The lines are often around the restaurant, but their efficiency has to be 2-3x other fast food places so the line moves quickly. I have also never once had an order be incorrect.

I believe they are now 3rd overall in total revenue behind only McDonalds and Starbucks. However they are like 22nd in number of locations.

Every time I drive past one I at least get some nuggets. By far my favorite fast food place. So much so I hardly even group them into fast food discussions.

Their new Mac and Cheese is great too

**Also, people need to get over boycotting places based on what their administration chooses to donate to (Salvation Army and FCA). Every Chik-fil-a restaurant is willing to serve anybody who walks through the door. If we all boycotted businesses with administrators we disagreed with we would have a fractured society with businesses for the left and businesses for the right.

Last edited:

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wild concept, but one can point out that their service is above most in many regions (not everyone has Raising Canes or a lot of other regional places) while also recognizing and condemning their bullshit. CFA wouldn't even be on the radar if places like Popeyes can get their act together on the service end.

I think those who just come in with just praise are tone deaf to much of the community here, but there is also a ton of leeway given to other companies for obvious reasons despite them donating to similar organizations and having other problematic issues.

Again, fuck CFA, but hopefully more companies take from them the stuff that works as a service and incorporate them to make CFA irrelevant.

Hazel Nut

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I tried Chick-Fil-A once due to its popularity and actually found the chicken to be too salty for my taste. Maybe I just got a bad batch but I never have eaten there again since.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
My dude, are you suggesting people get banned for eating a chicken sandwich
You can't just say the word "Whataboutism" as if it's a rock solid argument when people point out that other companies donate to the same anti LGBTQA+ non-profits.

Nobody demands posters get banned when they talk about an Amazon Black Friday sale or say they like the new Google Pixel.
I do not think most people know about or care about the politics. I am not sure what to think about the politics. I eat, I am certain, factory farmed meat even though I think it is a practice that should be ended due to environmental impact. I never really looked into it, regardless I cannot afford to spend extra money every week on meat atm. If I could I would upgrade to grass fed/finished beef and organic/uncaged chicken, etc..
Wait a minute, So now we are bigots because we go to chic-fil-A to eat? We talk about whataboutism but companies like apple and google deserve more backlash because of there practises and you can't claim "whataboutism" just to turn around and call people that eat at chic fil a bigots. I for one didn't read any of the replies until after i posted my response cause the thread title clearly asked what is special about chic-fil A and not if i support bigots.
**Also, people need to get over boycotting places based on what their administration chooses to donate to (Salvation Army and FCA). Every Chik-fil-a restaurant is willing to serve anybody who walks through the door. If we all boycotted businesses with administrators we disagreed with we would have a fractured society with businesses for the left and businesses for the right.
Wild concept, but one can point out that their service is above most in many regions (not everyone has Raising Canes or a lot of other regional places) while also recognizing and condemning their bullshit. CFA wouldn't even be on the radar if places like Popeyes can get their act together on the service end.

I think those who just come in with just praise are tone deaf to much of the community here, but there is also a ton of leeway given to other companies for obvious reasons despite them donating to similar organizations and having other problematic issues.

Again, fuck CFA, but hopefully more companies take from them the stuff that works as a service and incorporate them to make CFA irrelevant.

To address these points:

CFA is in a very specific situation where they not only donate to SA like other companies do, they donate to even worse organizations. They also score a zero on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index which those other companies do not do. On top of that, the President of the company has come out and said bigoted shit.

This is all in your face bigoted bullshit that isn't the same as those other things. Other companies do shitty things too, however, and we should definitely talk about those companies. That should be done in threads about those companies and not used to deflect that CFA is shitty.

Adding another quote for the remainder of this post:

You are calling me a bigot for thinking that people shouldn't automatically be labeled 'pieces of trash' for eating at Chick-fil-A? You know nothing about me apart from that one fact. You don't know that, in some respects, I might've led a much less privileged life than you have: from having been raised in a very poor, shitty wooden house in rural Puerto Rico, to having lived through a Category 4 Hurricane that left me and my loved ones without running water and power for 3 months. You don't know what I've done to make a positive difference in other people's lives. What you're essentially saying is that even if you did know about all those things, that one fact about myself (that I don't think it's fair to label people irredeemable trash for their unethical consumption) is the overriding factor in deeming me a bigot? Really...? It's not dismissive to question whether it makes sense to label ("without exception") people "pieces of trash" for the fast food they consume. You're labeling and dismissing as irredeemable trash millions of otherwise good people based on one data point alone. If that can't be challenged or questioned, what the fuck can be?

And to be clear, it *is* dismissive and insensitive to pop into a thread, ignore all the ongoing discussion, and simply post "I love Chick-fil-A," but that's not what I'm doing.

The people being called shitty is literally the bolded part. You may not have done that, but you are downplaying and handwaving CFA's actions.

The constant flow of these threads made in order for people to prove how little they care about LGBT rights compared to a sandwich is really shitty for a supposed progressive forum where LGBT people are supposed to feel welcome.

We keep getting these threads so people can freely talk about how yummy the food is, and how wonderfully behaved the workers are. I for one, am not shy in bringing these threads back down to earth. Fuck that bullshit. I care more about the feelings of the LGBT community on this forum than I do about the feelings of the CFA fans who would like a safe space to ignore what the company tries to do to LGBT people around the world.

End of the day, eat where ever you want. The moment you make or post in a thread about how great the food is (it isn't) or how other places should emulate them in any manner, I'll be in the thread letting you know that by doing so, you are sending a clear message. If you want to talk about other shitty companies you are free to do so in threads about those companies. Whataboutism isn't a bullet-proof argument or whatever people said above, but it definitely is something that applies here. Even if all those companies did exactly what CFA does, including the terrible comments by their CEOs/Presidents, it still would not change that CFA DOES do those things, and the thread is about them. The only reason to bring them up, is to take the heat away from CFA.

To reiterate my point:

Praising the good parts of a company is whatever. The amount of CFA threads lately, all designed to try to downplay their bigoted actions or to praise them, is eyebrow raising to say the least. Especially considering the shit the LGBT community deals with around here.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I tried it once a few years back in Orlando International Food Court after hearing rave reviews about it, it was fine enough a tasty chicken sandwich but I felt it was only on par with or slightly below chicken fillet burgers in pretty much any English fried chicken shop (and believe me we have hundreds)

Weirdly I've always found American fast food to be worse than the English counterparts even though they are American franchises, probably just down to what we are used to though

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
The food is good and the service is great. Their history of donating to bad causes is a well deserved shame on their reputation.

Oct 25, 2017
To address these points:

CFA is in a very specific situation where they not only donate to SA like other companies do, they donate to even worse organizations. They also score a zero on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index which those other companies do not do. On top of that, the President of the company has come out and said bigoted shit.

This is all in your face bigoted bullshit that isn't the same as those other things. Other companies do shitty things too, however, and we should definitely talk about those companies. That should be done in threads about those companies and not used to deflect that CFA is shitty.

Adding another quote for the remainder of this post:

Dunno why you quoted me. Just seems like you decided to mass quote instead of responding to one person or the thread? w.e