• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
The plane raffle was one of the reasons other contries laugh at us. That guy is a complete clown. He is also a close friend to Trump and wanted him to win the election.
Yeah, fuck him for that. AMLO finding companionship in Trump because of their shared victim complex against the media, is one of the most pathetic things to come out of government in a long time.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
AMLO won to become an example to everyone. You will never have a competent progressive leader because of him.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Another thing that the people from ERA in other countries reading this thread needs to understand, is the reasons of the deep hatred that AMLO provokes to a sector of the Mexican people. A hatred anchored in bigotry and classism

AMLOs policies of supporting the poor and indigenous people first , austerity and savings directly hits the pockets of the corrupt politicians, and some of the business class , but this is not the sector I'm talking about.

I'm talking about a sector which has this rotten, bigoted mentality that they are better than the poor, than they are better than indigenous people, just because they have some kind of privilege. They take the actions (Any actions) of the current president as a personal, terrible offence. Any good actions , especially against corruption are ignored or put aside.

The classism is the scourge of the Mexican people (similar to the historical racism in the US). It's a classist system defined and enforced during decades by PRI, PAN and all his propaganda branches, such as TV and even sports. These people also hate AMLO supporters ("Chairos") , because they think they are uneducated, no school "leeches" who are not worth of having an opinion or are not meaningful member of the society.

These people, similar to Trump supporters, inform themselves and get their talking points from the media which likes to attack AMLO (and any leftist movement) with tempered or half-truths, outright lies or insults and they replicate these talking points without any meaningful analysis of insight of their own.

AMLO has a lot of bad actions that are worth discussing, but this sector are not even willing to inform themselves about these actions, you can tell when you try to discuss that they don't have an answer, just reflections and insults.

The only way i can compare them is to the "All lives matter" crew in the US. screaming All lives matter in itself is not an offensive phrase, it is the hate and the bigotry in the reasons of the exclamation that loads the phrase with it's bad intentions.

Similar to them, the "Fuck AMLO" "We told you all" "Chairos" crew have this fervent hate because they fancy themselves as better people than the ones supporting a change in our society , because they don't like it. Of course they will also deny it , when have you ever saw a Trump supporter admitting they are racists?

After all, ERA is an enthusiast forum , in which we discuss expensive hobbies that most of the Mexican poor population don't have access to. Let alone the knowledge of the English language, which only a sector can have access too due to the poor public school system we have here, in which English classes are not provided (or provided very badly) .

I will let ERA to make their mind and use their criteria. But I will not let for uninformed people to control the narrative of the situation in Mexico. We don't want another thread like the one discussing the coupe of Bolivia, do we?

Last edited:

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Another thing that the people from ERA in other countries reading this thread needs to understand, is the reasons of the deep hatred that AMLO provokes to a sector of the Mexican people. A hatred anchored in bigotry and classism

AMLOs policies of supporting the poor and indigenous people first , austerity and savings directly hits the pockets of the corrupt politicians, and some of the business class , but this is not the sector I'm talking about.

I'm talking about a sector which has this rotten, bigoted mentality that they are better than the poor, than they are better than indigenous people, just because they have some kind of privilege. They take the actions (Any actions) of the current president as a personal, terrible offence. Any good actions , especially against corruption are ignored or put aside.

The classism is the scourge of the Mexican people (similar to the historical racism in the US). It's a classist system defined and enforced during decades by PRI, PAN and all his propaganda branches, such as TV and even sports. These people also hate AMLO supporters ("Chairos") , because they think they are uneducated, no school "leeches" who are not worth of having an opinion or are not meaningful member of the society.

These people, similar to Trump supporters, inform themselves and get their talking points from the media which likes to attack AMLO (and any leftist movement) with tempered or half-truths, outright lies or insults and they replicate this talking points without any meaningful analysis of insight of their own.

AMLO has a lot of bad actions that are worth discussing, but this sector are not even willing to inform themselves about this actions, you can tell when you try to discuss and they don't have an answer, just reflections and insults.

The only why i can compare them is to the "All lives matter" crew in the US. screaming All lives matter in itself is not an offensive phrase, it is the hate and the bigotry in the reasons of the exclamation that loads the phrase with it's bad intentions.

Similar to them, the "Fuck AMLO" "We told you all" "Chairos" crew have this fervent hate because they fancy themselves as better people than the ones supporting a change in our society , because they don't like it. Of course they will also deny it , when have you ever saw a Trump supporter admitting they are racists?

After all, ERA is an enthusiast forum , in which we discuss expensive hobbies that most of the Mexican poor population don't have access to. Let alone the knowledge of the English language, which only a sector can have access too due to the poor public school system we have here, in which English classes are not provided (or provided very badly) .

I will leave ERA to make their mind and use their criteria. But I will not let for uninformed people to control the narrative of the situation in Mexico. We don't want another thread like the one discussing the coupe of Bolivia, do we?
Mexican racism and classism is not something a lot of people are all that eager to discuss.

I dread the day Era finds out the Mexican Social media treatment of Yalitza Aparicio, or worse, Halle Bailey's casting for the Little Mermaid

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017

Snip....

And this is why a lot of people have issues with AMLO. Anyone against his polices an actions must be a corrupt. Anyone who had a good situation before AMLo was also a corrupt. Now, tell me. Which good actions has he taken, so we can discuss one by one?

Oct 25, 2017
All I'm worried about is people being scared of the "left" because of AMLO.

I want an actual progressive in power that changes Mexico for the better.

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Lots of points I'd like to discuss with you, specially regarding De la Madrid, quite a fascinating subject for me. Don't want to derail the thread too much. I'll concede your second point regarding the political rivals, these aren't innocent babies but the way AMLO's handling the prosecutions is anything but fair and transparent. I'm cool with investigating Lozoya, Robles and othes but somehow AMLO's brother is not a person of interest? C'mon now.

Looking forward to it. And yes, if the president's brother engaged in corrupt actions should be also punished (AMLO said that much too)

Mexican racism and classism is not something a lot of people are all that eager to discuss.

I dread the day Era finds out the Mexican Social media treatment of Yalitza Aparicio, or worse, Halle Bailey's casting for the Little Mermaid

Correct. And the most prominent or famous people (Politicians, youtuber or "influencers", sport stars and celebrities) who attacked Yalitza because of her looks and skin color are also fervent Anti-AMLO people, is that a coincidence?

And this is why a lot of people have issues with AMLO. Anyone against his polices an actions must be a corrupt. Anyone who had a good situation before AMLo was also a corrupt. Now, tell me. Which good actions has he taken, so we can discuss one by one?

Not at all, at least not for me. Me myself im willing in criticizing AMLO and some of his most zealotry supporters, specially recently.

But the discussion has to be honest and informed. It's of no use discussing bad/good actions with bad faith actors or intellectually dishonest people (NO good actions of AMLO these 2 years, specially after EPN's administration, really?)

We can continue tomorrow.

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

These people, similar to Trump supporters, inform themselves and get their talking points from the media which likes to attack AMLO (and any leftist movement) with tempered or half-truths, outright lies or insults and they replicate these talking points without any meaningful analysis of insight of their own.

AMLO has a lot of bad actions that are worth discussing, but this sector are not even willing to inform themselves about these actions, you can tell when you try to discuss that they don't have an answer, just reflections and insults.

The only why i can compare them is to the "All lives matter" crew in the US. screaming All lives matter in itself is not an offensive phrase, it is the hate and the bigotry in the reasons of the exclamation that loads the phrase with it's bad intentions.

I will leave ERA to make their mind and use their criteria. But I will not let for uninformed people to control the narrative of the situation in Mexico. We don't want another thread like the one discussing the coupe of Bolivia, do we?

Lol are you serious?
Amlo is not leftist at all he considered himself most feminist man of all mexico for some reason, instead of taxing the rich they tax everyone else, he loves coal and oil more than trump .

And austerity? OMG he lives in a fucking palace and did a raffle of a plane without plane WASTING OUR TAX PESOS because the government had to buy the majority of lottery tickets because no one bought them.

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Lol are you serious?
Amlo is not leftist at all he considered himself most feminist man of all mexico for some reason, instead of taxing the rich they tax everyone else, he loves coal and oil more than trump .

And austerity? OMG he lives in a fucking palace and did a raffle of a plane without plane WASTING OUR TAX PESOS because the government had to buy the majority of lottery tickets because no one bought them.

I could not leave without addressing the message of this individual, which is a showcase of everything bad and embarrassing of some people's arguments.

This is what happens when you inform yourself with Chumel Torres (Chumel is a right-wing "influencer" who just recently got his HBO show cancelled because of his racist insults to AMLO's son)

1. Taxing everyone's else instead of the rich is a lie. He just recently started taxing several of the big corporations that owned BILLIONS of pesos in taxes , including increasing the taxes for people in high salary ranges. But somehow this is not discussed.

2. Saying it again. PEMEX (The biggest oil company in Mexico) is the biggest contributor of PIB (Grow domestic product). In the current situation of Mexico, if you let PEMEX die, Mexico is overly fucked.

3. The stupid plane raffle spawned due to the fact that the plane was bought by EPN (The previous, corrupt president) for millions of pesos from the tax paying people. A clear example (of many) on how these corrupt fucks use to live large while the poor people were starving and the countries' economy was always in shambles and in bad shape.

AMLO in a symbolic gesture in order to send the message that things were going to change, decided to sell the plane, but due to a lack of a buyer he preferred to sell tickets to the people for a "give away". Stupid situation, but somehow NOW the raffle is THE PROBLEM, NOW it is WHEN OUR TAX PESOS matters.

By the way, if i remember correctly hundreds of people were making line in order to buy a ticket for the stupid raffle, mark that as another lie.

4. The "Fucking palace" in which AMLO lives currently is the Presidential Palace (Our version of the White House). The actual, luxury house in which the presidents use to live in (Los Pinos) was closed down by AMLO and re-opened as a museum. Frankly having to make this correction to a fellow Mexican is embarrassing, ragardless of politics.

Que mal te viste compa, bien ignorante, que bárbaro.

Also is important to notice how the "Classism" aspect of my message was brushed away, twice now.

Last edited:

Mr. Robot

Oct 30, 2017
I can't recall another Administration that simultaneously managed to gut government institutions in the name of austerity, liquidate trusts that supported arts and sciences, favor coal production over renewables, and weaponize the Treasury and Justice department bodies to prosecute political rivals, all in two years time. You could argue that De La Madrid's era of hyperinflation was worse, but at least he had the excuse of receiving a bankrupted country from Lopez Portillo.

Oh and BTW, the imbecile refuses to recognize Biden's triumph.

C'mon now.
AMLO for me is the biggest letdown since PAN won with Fox back then but this i have to reply...
Government/Senate people don't deserve the salaries they have, there are a lot institutions that don't have any purpose other than putting useless people (brothers/mates/cousins) on a paycheck...
There have been lots of reports that athletes rarely get economic support or get expenses covered at events, most have to work to fund themselves, art support is non-existant, and who actually gets these funds are made-up shit companies that put out cheap narco-movies because they know someone from government, also dont forget your monthly televisa actors shit rom-com that doesn't need public funding but they get it in the name of art, maybe supporting private companies for "R&D" (aka CEO bonuses, new furniture, building expenses) counts as science... but i doubt it, then you have the people that report this stuff getting fired or threatened or killed.
The senile idiot is making a lot mistakes, but gutting those institutions is not one... until he makes new ones that ends up being a mess, of course.

Jaime.GGG

Oct 27, 2017
I also find ironic that FRENAA (big anti-AMLO movement) is full of ultra right, conservative, racist, uninformed people. But suddenly, AMLO is the mexican Trump

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Personality wise and modus operandi, yes

FRENAA is a really really really bad joke

I would like to follow with you on the 2 questions I asked you last page and I will add another one due to your message here:

1. Your honest opinion on why the refinery and Mayan train is such a bad idea.

2. Why or where you get the info that the goverment is "taking money" from the public health institutions. Especially taking into consideration that the IMSS and ISSTE were gutted by the previous administrations. (Of course AMLO's administration has some bad things in the handling of the situations , specially with IMSS, but it will be great to know you are informed as well)

3. Why do you say that Personality and Modus Operandi wise AMLO is similar to Trump? Examples will be greatly appreciated.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
I would like to follow with you on the 2 questions I asked you last page and I will add another one due to your message here:

1. Your honest opinion on why the refinery and Mayan train is such a bad idea.
I do not think that the Maya train is a bad idea, but execution seems to be iffy at the moment, though. The cancellation of Texcoco Airport and Santa Lucia airport is a much egregious example.

There refinery is bad because oil is the energy source of yesterday and the world will be (hopefully) be moving from it over the next 20 years, unless of course populists leaders like Trump keep getting elected in the USA and Europe, which will be terrible for the world. The massive economic investment requirement and the severe ecological impact on Dos Bocas are not worth it for obsolete technology.

2. Why or where you get the info that the goverment is "taking money" from the public health institutions. Especially taking into consideration that the IMSS and ISSTE were gutted by the previous administrations. (Of course AMLO's administration has some bad things in the handling of the situations , specially with IMSS, but it will be great to know you are informed as well)

Mexico having the number one health cares workers death due to COVID is all that needs to be said about the issue.

3. Why do you say that Personality and Modus Operandi wise AMLO is similar to Trump? Examples will be greatly appreciated.

1. Both claim absolute authority over the truth and are unable to take criticism.
  2. As consequence of the first, both have made the press and the political opposition their enemy and claim that they are enemy of the nation.
  3. Another consequence: both harbour anti-scientific and anti-intellectual tendencies when their results conflict with their own ideas and conception. See their stance over renewable energy.
  4. Both give more importance to their personal image over maters of national interest. See the refusal of using a mask

That being said, I do believe that AMLO is considerably smarter and more competent than Trump.

Last edited:

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
Same reason Trump is still popular and got so many votes

A bunch of lunatics following him blindly

Just because he got a sizeable vote share doesn't make him popular. His approval ratings have been underwater for all but two minutes of his term. The fact he found a way to lose by what will end up being 6-7 million votes while getting 93% of his party's vote attests to that.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
It took a really really dumb government term, for Obrador to finally woo and get the electorate.

I doubt the hype has winded down, particularly among the elder, but you'd sustain that with next year elections.

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Hey thanks for the reply, although you were not the user i was requesting the answers. but let's do this.

I do not think that the Maya train is a bad idea, but execution seems to be iffy at the moment, though. The cancellation of Texcoco Airport and Santa Lucia airport is a much egregious example.

There refinery is bad because oil is the energy source of yesterday and the world will be (hopefully) be moving from it over the next 20 years, unless of course populists leaders like Trump keep getting elected in the USA and Europe, which will be terrible for the world. The massive economic investment requirement and the severe ecological impact on Dos Bocas are not worth it for obsolete technology.

But you are looking things through the ayes of someone living in 1st world, no 3rd world as ourselves. Mexico can´t afford now to leave the oil money off the table, as much as we want to. I agree that sooner or later we need to move to renewables, but right now the economy will not support it. Unless you don't care about this.

Stop seeing the situation in Mexico as if we were US or Europe. We are not.

I do agree that dos bocas will be more costly than the benefits it will bring in the long run. I do not agree to use this (Or the Airport, or the Mayan train) as the low hanging fruit to demonstrate AMLO's incompetence, it is a moot point and frankly petty.

Mexico having the number one health cares workers death due to COVID is all that needs to be said about the issue.

Yeah but what that NPR article doesn't say, is the context in explaining the state in which current administration found the public health institutions. Due the rapacious thieving of money , the IMSS is now practically bankrupt and there is no way you can fix that in 2 years.

For 2021 there is an expected government budget for IMSS of 937 , 027 Millions of Mexican Pesos (Approx. 46 Million Dollars) the biggest budget in the institution's history that will be destined, in part, to ensure the security of health workers during the pandemic. This not only contradicts the statement of "taking money from Public institutions" but nobody mentions this when they trying to use bad news and negative statistics.

Both claim absolute authority over the truth and are unable to take criticism.

This is all in eye of the beholder. What AMLO did was to open a direct channel of communications between him and the population in which he informs how things look from his perspective. I haven't saw any actions doing censorship. I don't know if you have the expectations for AMLO to be criticized and for him to don't provide counter arguments to said criticism, which on the most part is exaggerated or full of lies.

Please take the opportunity to explain to ERA the actual alignments and behavior of the mainstream media here in Mexico, even before AMLO. At least be honest with that. At not only in Mexico but some international outlets supporting Neoliberal ideologies

As consequence of the first, both have made the press and the political opposition their enemy and claim that they are enemy of the nation.

But they are...Payed (or at least, used to be payed) propaganda disguised as accurate information is an enemy of the people, Mexican or otherwise.

Regarding political opposition. Please let me know which branch of opposition you deem to be honest and working for the Mexican people, I'm looking forward to your reply.

Another consequence: both harbour anti-scientific and anti-intellectual tendencies when their results conflict with their own ideas and conception. See their stance over renewable energy.

I haven't heard of any other anti-science stand other than his disregard of renewable energies, which doesn't mean denial of global warming (nevertheless personally, is disagree with him)

I would like for you to provide examples of what you are saying. Especially compared to Trump's actions during these past 4 years.

And just to get ahead of yourself, that letter signed by "intellectuals" (filled with Salina's family members and such) doesn't count, because is not reliable and the people signing it are not exactly the showcases of intellectualism in Mexico.

Both give more importance to their personal image over maters of national interest. See the refusal of using a mask

This is misleading, although stupid doesn't deserve a comparation with Trump, stop using gross exaggerations for your own purposes. (For the record, I also disagree personally in his resistance to use face mask).

I disagree with AMLO and the 4 T in many things. But I do believe that the most important thing for them is the Mexican people. It is all about Mexico.

That being said, I do believe that AMLO is considerably smarter and more competent than Trump.

Everyone is smarter than Trump. Even a cow eating pasture is smarter than Trump.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Pinche pendejo que se vaya a chingar su madre. Todo un problema despues de otro con este imbecile.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey thanks for the reply, although you were not the user i was requesting the answers. but let's do this.

But you are looking things through the ayes of someone living in 1st world, no 3rd world as ourselves. Mexico can´t afford now to leave the oil money off the table, as much as we want to. I agree that sooner or later we need to move to renewables, but right now the economy will not support it. Unless you don't care about this.

I do agree that dos bocas will be more costly than the benefits it will bring in the long run. I do not agree to use this (Or the Airport, or the Mayan train) as the low hanging fruit to demonstrate AMLO's incompetence, it is a moot point and frankly petty.

Yeah but what that NPR article doesn't say, is the context in explaining the state in which current administration found the public health institutions. Due the rapacious thieving of money , the IMSS is now practically bankrupt and there is no way you can fix that in 2 years.

For 2021 there is an expected government budget for IMSS of 937 , 027 Millions of Mexican Pesos (Approx. 46 Million Dollars) the biggest budget in the institution's history that will be destined, in part, to ensure the security of health workers during the pandemic. This not only contradicts the statement of "taking money from Public institutions" but nobody mentions this when they trying to use bad news and negative statistics.

This is all in eye of the beholder. What AMLO did was to open a direct channel of communications between him and the population in which he informs how things look from his perspective. I haven't saw any actions doing censorship. I don't know if you have the expectations for AMLO to be criticized and for him to don't provide counter arguments to said criticism, which on the most part is exaggerated or full of lies.

Please take the opportunity to explain to ERA the actual alignments and behavior of the mainstream media here in Mexico, even before AMLO. At least be honest with that. At not only in Mexico but some international outlets supporting Neoliberal ideologies

But they are...Payed (or at least, used to be payed) propaganda disguised as accurate information is an enemy of the people, Mexican or otherwise.

Regarding political opposition. Please let me know which branch of opposition you deem to be honest and working for the Mexican people, I'm looking forward to your reply.

I haven't heard of any other anti-science stand other than his disregard of renewable energies, which doesn't mean denial of global warming (nevertheless personally, is disagree with him)

I would like for you to provide examples of what you are saying. Especially compared to Trump's actions during these past 4 years.

And just to get ahead of yourself, that letter signed by "intellectuals" (filled with Salina's family members and such) doesn't count, because is not reliable and the people signing it are not exactly the showcases of intellectualism in Mexico.

This is misleading, although stupid doesn't deserve a comparation with Trump, stop using gross exaggerations for your own purposes. (For the record, I also disagree personally in his resistance to use face mask).

I disagree with AMLO and the 4 T in many things. But I do believe that the most important thing for them is the Mexican people. It is all about Mexico.

Everyone is smarter than Trump. Even a cow eating pasture is smarter than Trump.
Pinche pendejo que se vaya a chingar su madre. Todo un problema despues de otro con este imbecile.

is atonishing, the difference in resposnes xD

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017

If Europe, USA and China stop relying on oil, it will become worthless not matter what AMLO says. Is not that we are leaving money on the table, is that the amount of money we can get out of oil is getting smaller each day. Not taking into account the direction that the world is taking is the cardinal sin of the economic policies of AMLO and the Mexican left in general. They often act like if there still was an alternative socialist block we can join or, worse, think that Mexico can survive with an isolationist stance.

Dos Bocas and Texcoco Airport are massive investments and will have an enormous impact in the direction of the country. Is not like the country can just write of 71,000 M pesos, not to mention the impact in the confidence in the country for future investments. They are far from petty and are major screw ups. For an small screw up that is not worth mentioning refer to the presidential plane.

Here those 71,000 M pesos would have made a difference.

This is all in eye of the beholder. What AMLO did was to open a direct channel of communications between him and the population in which he informs how things look from his perspective. I haven't saw any actions doing censorship.

Neither has Trump actually censored any media.

I don't know if you have the expectations for AMLO to be criticized and for him to don't provide counter arguments to said criticism, which on the most part is exaggerated or full of lies.
Now I will ask you to point out the exaggeration or lies. I will say that the crippling of the CONACYT is under reported, if anything. Are there lies or miss representations reported? Sure, there ought to be. Are all the critics falsehoods? Of course not, and only authoritarians (like Trump) would argue so.

Since the end of the presidencialismo - which started with Zedillo and AMLO wants to resurrect - the Mexican mainstream media largely represents the interests of the Mexican median class. Are they are neoliberal? First I will ask you to stop using Neoliberalism as a catch all boogieman negative term, using it that way is intellectually lazy and closes any avenue of discussion.

The Mexican median class, and specially the upper middle class, do participate and benefit of the integrated world economy and are invested in factors such the confidence of international investors confidence in Mexico as a market and the dollar exchange rate. Does that make them neoliberal? Some of them are neoliberal, sure. However, I do not find a consensus in the mainstream media on actual neoliberal ideals such as flat tax rate, the defunding of public institution or the disappearance of environmental regulations.

For a neoliberal, public funded institutions such as CONACYT or the all the fideicomisos that AMLO just cancelled are aberrations. The republican austerity that AMLO is implementing is actually something that Neoliberals actually do, such as Boris Jonson and the tories. Not that I'm necessarily against austerity, when applied correctly.

BTW, Trump is not a Neoliberal. He's an isolationist white nationalist, which is one of the main ideological foes of Neoliberalism and their Laissez-Faire economy.

All of them? Who is being payed and who isn't? If you start by calling all who disagree liars and corrupts -which AMLO does- then there is no sense in keeping this conversation. You can call me a corrupt and bought and disregard everything I'm saying as lies...

So, you are saying that all the opposition is dishonest and against Mexico? Refer to my answer above.

Political parties largely represents interests of groups of people. Some of those interests benefit a select few and detriment of many, that is true. But you know, Slim and Salinas are still Mexicans who deserved to have political representation and that fact alone wouldn't make a Slim-Salinas politcal party dishonest or corrupt. Denying political representation to groups o people, whenever they are ultra-rich or ultra-poor is what makes a political system corrupt.

Being against renewables is a big one and shouldn't be easily discarded, another one is contradicting the WHO on the coronavirus and using a mask. Also, there's this:

www.infobae.com

Así respondieron científicos a AMLO por tacharlos de corruptos y recortar el 75% del presupuesto de investigación

Aseguraron que en el gobierno de López Obrador se han quitado a buenos especialistas para colocar a personas que no están capacitadas

Refusing the use a mask is just the most visible way AMLO has always diminished the actual graveness of the COVID pandemic.

Last edited:

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
If Europe, USA and China stop relying on oil, it will become worthless not matter what AMLO says. Is not that we are leaving money on the table, is that the amount of money we can get out of oil is getting smaller each day. Not taking into account the direction that the world is taking is the cardinal sin of the economic policies of AMLO and the Mexican left in general. They often act like if there still was an alternative socialist block we can join or, worse, think that Mexico can survive with an isolationist stance.

Dos Bocas and Texcoco Airport are massive investments and will have an enormous impact in the direction of the country. Is not like the country can just write of 71,000 M pesos, not to mention the impact in the confidence in the country for future investments. They are far from petty and are major screw ups. For an small screw up that is not worth mentioning refer to the presidential plane.

Now I will ask you to point out the exaggeration or lies. I will say that the crippling of the CONACYT is under reported, if anything. Are there lies or miss representations reported? Sure, there ought to be. Are all the critics falsehoods? Of course not, and only authoritarians (like Trump) would argue so.

Since the end of the presidencialismo - which started with Zedillo and AMLO wants to resurrect - the Mexican mainstream media largely represents the interests of the Mexican median class. Are they are neoliberal? First I will ask you to stop using Neoliberalism as a catch all boogieman negative term, using it that way is intellectually lazy and closes any avenue of discussion.

The Mexican median class, and specially the upper middle class, do participate and benefit of the integrated world economy and are invested in factors such the confidence of international investors confidence in Mexico as a market and the dollar exchange rate. Does that make them neoliberal? Some of them are neoliberal, sure. However, I do not find a consensus in the mainstream media on actual neoliberal ideals such as flat tax rate, the defunding of public institution or the disappearance of environmental regulations.

For a neoliberal, public funded institutions such as CONACYT or the all the fideicomisos that AMLO just cancelled are aberrations. The republican austerity that AMLO is implementing is actually something that Neoliberals actually do, such as Boris Jonson and the tories. Not that I'm necessarily against austerity, when applied correctly.

BTW, Trump is not a Neoliberal. He's an isolationist white nationalist, which is one of the main ideological foes of Neoliberalism and their Laissez-Faire economy.

All of them? Who is being payed and who isn't? If you start by calling all who disagree liars and corrupts -which AMLO does- then there is no sense in keeping this conversation. You can call me a corrupt and bought and disregard everything I'm saying as lies...

So, you are saying that all the opposition is dishonest and against Mexico? Refer to my answer above.

Political parties largely represents interests of groups of people. Some of those interests benefit a select few and detriment of many, that is true. But you know, Slim and Salinas are still Mexicans who deserved to have political representation and that fact alone wouldn't make a Slim-Salinas politcal party dishonest or corrupt. Denying political representation to groups o people, whenever they are ultra-rich or ultra-poor is what makes a political system corrupt.

Being against renewables is a big one and shouldn't be easily discarded, another one is contradicting the WHO on the coronavirus and using a mask. Also, there's this:

www.infobae.com

Así respondieron científicos a AMLO por tacharlos de corruptos y recortar el 75% del presupuesto de investigación

Aseguraron que en el gobierno de López Obrador se han quitado a buenos especialistas para colocar a personas que no están capacitadas

Refusing the use a mask is just the most visible way AMLO has always diminished the actual graveness of the COVID pandemic.

I will answer tomorrow because right now I'm too drunk to put the necessary effort. you make a lot of good points worth discussing and some are not.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
Thing is, this is one of the most hypocrite president the nation has ever had. He formed MORENA (PRI-ETA, as called by my uncle) just because he lost while he has in PRD two times, so it was obvious they wouldn't give him yet another chance. This power hungry fool, with PRI roots, is even more intolerable than Trump when facing criticism, legit or not, saying that it is all fault of his opposers. His job for his first two years has been abysmal so far, and many people already voiced their regret for voting for him.

He is literally the worst president we have had in the last decades. Incredible that he is dumber than our previous president.

Agreed at least Peña was dumb but funny. This one is only a pathetic moron.

Oct 25, 2017
México
Thing is, this is one of the most hypocrite president the nation has ever had. He formed MORENA (PRI-ETA, as called by my uncle) just because he lost while he has in PRD two times, so it was obvious they wouldn't give him yet another chance. This power hungry fool, with PRI roots, is even more intolerable than Trump when facing criticism, legit or not, saying that it is all fault of his opposers. His job for his first two years has been abysmal so far, and many people already voiced their regret for voting for him.

Peña was dumb, but at least we was kinda competent.

The energy reform, the education reform, the financial reform and the telecommunications reform were absolutely necessary for the good of the country, even if Regular Joe (Regular Juan) didn't understand them.

Oct 25, 2017
www.nytimes.com

En México el presidente dice que la mayoría de las llamadas de violencia doméstica son falsas (Published 2020)

El mandatario comparó los pedidos de ayuda con bromas telefónicas; es la controversia más reciente en torno a la respuesta de su gobierno a los niveles récord de violencia contra las mujeres.

"When tens of thousands marched in the capital in the largest feminist protests in recent history, he asked women to stop vandalizing federal property and said the movement was the work of political opponents "who want to see may this government fail".

Deleted member 85465

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2020

The only way i can compare them is to the "All lives matter" crew in the US. screaming All lives matter in itself is not an offensive phrase, it is the hate and the bigotry in the reasons of the exclamation that loads the phrase with it's bad intentions.

I will let ERA to make their mind and use their criteria. But I will not let for uninformed people to control the narrative of the situation in Mexico. We don't want another thread like the one discussing the coupe of Bolivia, do we?

I am mexican too, and what you say its true, but I think you are emphasizing too much AMLO's opposition, the "mañaneras" are almost pure propaganda at this point, he has used religious messaging, false information with this whole pandemic, (at the start Gatell literally said that closing schools was not the best strategy and was taking a herd immunity strategy), saying that amulets will protect him from the virus, using Gatell to say that "Amlo is a moral force not contagion", there is too many examples.

There is also the whole disinformation campaign that is happening in youtube, twitter, facebook, other social media in general, channels like "sin censura" which seem to be paid by the government (not confirmed), just this week sin censura was publishing that the USA is a "republica bananera" because of the election in USA.

Normally it's implied here in Mexico that a politician is corrupt, but with AMLO things were supposed to be different, I remember the whole "we will held him accountable" when he was elected, but AMLO has just shown that he prefers to victimize himself for any criticism, he seems to just be dividing Mexico more and more, and just like Trump he has a cult following too.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
He says whatever will help him gain support but doesn't really have any values or beliefs...he just says whatever is popular he's neither left or right

easily the worst Mexican president since the late 80s
Are we forgetting Salinas de Gortari destroyed the peso and had a separatist movement arise in Chiapas in his sexenio?

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017

But USA, EU and CHINA are not going to stop to rely on oil sadly. There is a lot of talk about the reduction of carbon emissions and such. But this is not going to happen any time soon. The real problem is the countries without oil and Mexico want to take advantage of that.

And right now there is no plans or evidence that Mexico is takin an isolationist in the economy, not taking into the revised NAFTA deal that was just signed . You are trying to paint AMLO as a Maduro or Castro like figure and that's not the case. And for your information, avoiding privatization is not the same as being isolationist, and that's not accurate.

Another thing i see you are doing here is implying that Mexico is down a socialist. Pleeeeease, don't tell me you are still in the "but but Venezuela" train?

Those projects are just a small part of the 2021 budget. Sure, they can help but is not like the biggest agencies are not going to get the help they need.

Of course, this is pending to see and how 2021 develops. But i fail to see how Dos Bocas and the airport, even if successful will impact the direction of the country as a whole in a big massive way like you are saying, especially in a negative way.

Trump threaten to (or I believe he did) remove some reporters pass to the WH press conferences during his early years of administration. As far as I know AMLO has not done that.

Just one example, of many, both big and small:

Operación Berlín: Conjura AntiAMLO

Testimonios y documentos señalan a Agustín Coppel, Alejandro Ramírez y Germán Larrea como los que financiaron una campaña ideada y operada por un grupo que encabezaron Enrique Krauze y Fernando García Ramírez, para intentar descarrilar la candidatura de López Obrador.

Sanjuana Martinez says it better than me:

www.sinembargo.mx

La prensa anti-AMLO

¿Cuántos periodistas anti-AMLO conoce? El ejercicio riguroso del periodismo es verdaderamente necesario, indispensable en una democracia. Y la crítica siempre es bienvenida y sana, absolutamente indispensable. Sin embargo en México, una nueva especie de “periodistas” lleva años nutriéndose de un...

""Una cosa muy distinta es criticar al gobierno en turno, cosa que los amloistas no hicieron. Pero otra cosa es venir del antiamloismo y ahora querer ser parte de la prensa rigurosa y crítica.

Para no confundirlos sugiero un análisis de contenido breve. Primero, observemos los medios con ojo crítico. Si AMLO dice que Rosario Robles no es la única involucrada en los casos de corrupción y que falta investigar a sus jefes del saqueo, hay quien tituló que "AMLO defiende a Rosario Robles". De manera constante, los especialistas antiamloistas seguirán publicando una información manipulada a sus intereses.

Si AMLO critica la manipulación informativa de ciertos medios y de los antiamloistas, inmediatamente dirán que se sienten agredidos, calificarán como un ataque a la libertad de expresión.""

The above is what you and some others ITT are doing.

First, WTF are you talking about? The presidencialismo has not ended. It didn't end with Zedillo or Fox or Calderon, and as far as I know, the division of the 3 powers are still there.

I would not stop using NL , why should I? Neoliberalism is why the country has been in shambles for decades.

Although is important to highlight that it was Neoliberalism mixed with rampant thieving from the government. All the benefits of the open trade for Mexico remained in these guys and their families pockets.

The Mexican mainstream media always served as (Most of the times payed) propaganda branch for the Neoliberal government in Mexico. Do we forget those paid contracts to newspapers? how Televisa used to control the version of truth? how many maverick reports were killed when they tried to speak freely?

Saying that the Mexican Mainstream media represents the Mexican media class is very dishonest.

One thing is to spew lies because you are not informed. Another is to spew lies on purpose, which is worse.

But that is thing, the intention is to improve the life's of the middle low and lower classes. You don't agree with this? if not, why not?

The rationale behind the killing of the trust founds the defunding of institutions is because they serve has personal ATMs to the people in charge of those institutions.

And personally, I believe it (Taking into consideration the history of corruption we have)

During the past administrations' scientists preferred to take their investigations to Europe or US because they were not able to get the budget needed here in Mexico. On past administrations, when the CONACYT was supposed to be fully funded, where the money go? and furthermore, why it was NOW when CONACYT entered your lingo?

Trump has no ideology, he is an anomaly, that's why he was in part, accepted by the Republicans as their puppet. Neoliberals were and are the Dems and specially the GOP. It is a coincidence that all if not most of the thieving NL presidents got their education in US' Universities?

All of them? Who is being payed and who isn't?

Well for starters:

politica.expansion.mx

36 periodistas recibieron 1,081 mdp con Peña, según lista del gobierno de AMLO

El documento muestra que entre quienes recibieron más dinero por contratos de publicidad y otros servicios están López-Dóriga (251 mdp) y Federico Arreola (153 mdp).

If you start by calling all who disagree liars and corrupts -which AMLO does- then there is no sense in keeping this conversation. You can call me a corrupt and bought and disregard everything I'm saying as lies...

True. But is not that the discourse of the opposition is very good, or trustful or well-articulated, see this thread as an example.

It's all a matter of "credibility" and the opposition has a very null credibility as a whole, unless you like to watch your news with Lopez Doriga and Lore deMola, if so then i don't know what to tell you.

For once (and this is personal opinion) people or parties like Salinas, Calderon, PRI & PAN should not have any representation in any civil society, specially one so beat up like the Mexican society.

Also, i don't know why you mention Slim. He has been working with AMLO and the 4T since day one. As well as several of the biggest businessman and industrialist of the country.

Remember, is not about Neoliberalism. IS about CORRUPTION.

Last edited:

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017

First of all, thank you for validating one of my previous post with this example. How racist and classist idiots see AMLO and their supporters. Personally, i believe that your uncle is part of the problem and one of the reasons why this country has struggle for so long.

For the ones who don't know "Prieta" o "Prietos" is the insult the racist Mexicans use to refer to dark skinned people. In this case of this "uncle", it is disguised as an OH SO CLEVER word play (because PRI and all that, nevertheless ETA sure as hell I don't know where it comes)

Disgusting.

Also, thanks for bringing another problematic way of thinking of these classist filth (Whom are, in fact the dumbest people in the nation). Is the fact that they use stupid reasons in order to sell the narrative that "in the past , we were better"

"Hey, Peña was a corrupt fuck, is practically sold the country to thehighest bitter and all that money just disappeared. But he was at least DUMB AND FUNNY!! FUCK AMLO BLABLA!!!

I am mexican too, and what you say its true, but I think you are emphasizing too much AMLO's opposition, the "mañaneras" are almost pure propaganda at this point, he has used religious messaging, false information with this whole pandemic, (at the start Gatell literally said that closing schools was not the best strategy and was taking a herd immunity strategy), saying that amulets will protect him from the virus, using Gatell to say that "Amlo is a moral force not contagion", there is too many examples.

There is also the whole disinformation campaign that is happening in youtube, twitter, facebook, other social media in general, channels like "sin censura" which seem to be paid by the government (not confirmed), just this week sin censura was publishing that the USA is a "republica bananera" because of the election in USA.

Normally it's implied here in Mexico that a politician is corrupt, but with AMLO things were supposed to be different, I remember the whole "we will held him accountable" when he was elected, but AMLO has just shown that he prefers to victimize himself for any criticism, he seems to just be dividing Mexico more and more, and just like Trump he has a cult following too.

What you are saying is the same things the opposition says to attack the current administration, the good old' "He Says, she says". The very same, to the very core.

Paid social media operation in order to attack? Check, the opposition has that too.

Paid media: Check, see my message above

Victimization: Check. Because this is both ways. the corrupt Mexican media LOVES to make themselves the Victims.

Lopez Gattel didn't say that as you are putting it:

www.jornada.com.mx

Por ahora no es conveniente cerrar escuelas y comercios: López-Gatell

Cuando inicie la segunda etapa, de transmisión comunitaria, la medida estará desgastada, dijo. “No hacer de más ni de menos”, aconsejó.

Populists are popular, news at eleven.

www.politico.com

Obama: I'm the real populist, not Trump

President Obama takes on Donald Trump during a press conference in Canada on Wednesday.

Even the ones using "populist" do it wrong. Even in that, they fail.

And I think I'm done with this thread. Because I'm not going to refute every piece of incorrect information throwed at me due to ignorance or lack of interest.

I'm not going to call out every piece of classist or racist Intention or words of these obtuse people.

Not going to lock in backs and forths to dispel any intellectual and malicious dishonesty (Which was the premise of the thread and 90% of the messages)

My biggest concern and goal was to not allow these people to control the narrative. Which I believe I did.

At the end of the day, they are the few and they have realized "the many" don't like them anymore, that's because they are scared and mad.

Or worse, they haven't realized they are part of "The many" as well and are just fooling themselves , thinking this fantasy they are "high class" just because they can afford the PS5, when in reality they are just "clasemedieros aspiracionales" Jajajaja.

Last edited:

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
First of all, thank you for validating one of my previous post with this example. How racist and classist idiots see AMLO and their supporters. Personally, i believe that your uncle is part of the problem and one of the reasons why this country has struggle for so long.

For the ones who don't know "Prieta" o "Prietos" is the insult the racist Mexicans use to refer to dark skinned people. In this case of this "uncle", it is disguised as an OH SO CLEVER word play (because PRI and all that, nevertheless ETA sure as hell I don't know where it comes)

Disgusting.

Also, thanks for bringing another problematic way of thinking of these classist filth (Whom are, in fact the dumbest people in the nation). Is the fact that they use stupid reasons in order to sell the narrative that "in the past , we were better"

"Hey, Peña was a corrupt fuck, is practically sold the country to thehighest bitter and all that money just disappeared. But he was at least DUMB AND FUNNY!! FUCK AMLO BLABLA!!!

What you are saying is the same things the opposition says to attack the current administration, the good old' "He Says, she says". The very same, to the very core.

Paid social media operation in order to attack? Check, the opposition has that too.

Paid media: Check, see my message above

Victimization: Check. Because this is both ways. the corrupt Mexican media LOVES to make themselves the Victims.

Lopez Gattel didn't say that as you are putting it:

www.jornada.com.mx

Por ahora no es conveniente cerrar escuelas y comercios: López-Gatell

Cuando inicie la segunda etapa, de transmisión comunitaria, la medida estará desgastada, dijo. “No hacer de más ni de menos”, aconsejó.

www.politico.com

Obama: I'm the real populist, not Trump

President Obama takes on Donald Trump during a press conference in Canada on Wednesday.

Even the ones using "populist" do it wrong. Even in that, they fail.

And I think I'm done with this thread. Because I'm not going to refute every piece of incorrect information throwed at me due to ignorance or lack of interest.

I'm not going to call out every piece of classist or racist Intention or words of these obtuse people.

Not going to lock in backs and forths to dispel any intellectual and malicious dishonesty (Which was the premise of the thread and 90% of the messages)

My biggest concern and goal was to not allow these people to control the narrative. Which I believe I did.

At the end of the day, they are the few and they have realized "the many" don't like them anymore, that's because they are scared and mad.

Or worse, they haven't realized they are part of "The many" as well and are just fooling themselves , thinking this fantasy they are "high class" just because they can afford the PS5, when in reality they are just "clasemedieros aspiracionales" Jajajaja.

You being in denial is in no way validating your point. At all. And no, the naming was his own fault, not a racist attempt as you mentioned.
People have their own criteria and what happened in Tabasco, I'm sorry, was all his fault. Putting all who doesn't like that guy is as close minded as a person can be, to the point of fanatism. Things were not better, but now they are even worse, with an hypocrite of a president.
You have your mind set, as am I. That's all.

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
You being in denial is in no way validating your point. At all. And no, the naming was his own fault, not a racist attempt as you mentioned.
People have their own criteria and what happened in Tabasco, I'm sorry, was all his fault. Putting all who doesn't like that guy is as close minded as a person can be, to the point of fanatism. Things were not better, but now they are even worse, with an hypocrite of a president.
You have your mind set, as am I. That's all.

Sure...

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, Morena was from "movimiento de regeneracion nacional" which doesnt make any sense tbh (btw my uncle was just saying "Prieta" because of the hidden "PRI" part, not as a jab, which I'm sure was his intention). Wether he likes it or not, he comes from PRI.

this is so stupid lol.

do you defend the use of the n-word too?

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yes, Morena was from "movimiento de regeneracion nacional" which doesnt make any sense tbh (btw my uncle was just saying "Prieta" because of the hidden "PRI" part, not as a jab, which I'm sure was his intention). Wether he likes it or not, he comes from PRI.

"hey, let's use racist slurs as wordplay insults against political idiologies, fun fun fun...what is that? i'm being racist? of course not, its all in good fun jaja"

You surely believe your "uncle" is really smart right?

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
"hey, let's use racist slurs as wordplays against political idiologies, fun fun fun...what is that? i'm being racist? of course not, its all in good fun jaja"

Not humorous to me. The same reason it's not fun AMLO laughing for letting poor people to die because of his mistakes.

dude, "prieta" or "prieto" is a racial slur. full stop.

it doesnt has the n-word problematic history, but it is literally used to insult darker skin people

Of course I'm aware of that. You say that as if I was in favor or it. I'm not.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Of course I'm aware of that. You say that as if I was in favor or it. I'm not.

Surely it seems you are VERY OK with it since you bring the word up in the first place.