• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
well you seem more than ok with it. saying is amlo's own fault

It's his fault trying to win votes by being a liar, that was my point. He thought the name would win him votes. Look at him laughing at the disgrace of others.

Surely it seems you are VERY OK with it since you bring the word up in the first place.

Yeah, you are spinning that into something else. The point was clear and I've said multiple times that I was against the term as PRI is part of his history.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It's his fault trying to win votes by being a liar, that was my point. He thought the name would win him votes. Look at him laughing at the disgrace of others.

Yeah, you are spinning that into something else. The point was clear and I've said multiple times that I was against the term as PRI is part of his history.

Gotcha I understand, just one of those situations that fall under "the heat of the moment" , totally understand.

Oh, we are now using "Reforma" as credible sources? Wow, the heat of the moments are non stop today!!!

Kangu

Apr 19, 2018
AMLO has been pretty consistent in what his policies would be once in government. He didn't get into policy details on the campaign trail but he has pretty much pursued the proposals he published in his books exclusively.

The problem is most of those proposals are poorly thought out, poorly implemented, anachronistic, and he has completely failed to react to the realities of governing. He seems to operate under a Steve Job's like reality distortion field, and has been embarrassingly excoriated by former allies like Urzua for it.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
Right? i mean when Bill Maher used the N-word in his show everyone was mad at him because of semantics, what's up with THAT?!!

You're embarassing yourself at this point. You misunderstood what I said and then used that against me, then called me classist and then racist.
Also, Reforma did nothing but compile his statements. If anything you should point your anger at him.

Deleted member 85465

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2020
What you are saying is the same things the opposition says to attack the current administration, the good old' "He Says, she says". The very same, to the very core.

Paid social media operation in order to attack? Check, the opposition has that too.

Paid media: Check, see my message above

Victimization: Check. Because this is both ways. the corrupt Mexican media LOVES to make themselves the Victims.

Lopez Gattel didn't say that as you are putting it:

I don´t get how this is supposed to disprove that you are putting way too much emphasis in AMLO´s opposition.

AMLO has a lot of flaws, I am just pointing that out, that the "opposition" does something similar in no way does it justify AMLO doing it too.

Please send me an example of another president in Mexico victimizing himself live on air and blaming the media because of:

1) An entire city being held hostage by the narco because of the presidents security plan.
www.bbc.com

"El fracaso de todo" en el intento de México de capturar al hijo de "El Chapo" Guzmán durante los enfrentamientos de Culiacán - BBC News Mundo

La operación fallida de las autoridades mexicanas para capturar al hijo del narcotraficante Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán podría enviar un mensaje equivocado a los carteles.
2) A pandemic.
https://www.dw.com/es/presidente-de-méxico-denuncia-supuesto-complot-para-destituirlo/a-53755240
3) Medicine shortages at IMSS.
www.elfinanciero.com.mx

AMLO afirma que hay 'complot' para que Gobierno no pueda comprar medicinas contra el cáncer

El mandatario remarcó que la administración federal cumplirá con el abasto de estos fármacos. Entérate de los detalles.
4) Literally going to a narco party and having photo evidence of him shaking hands with chapos mother.
5) Having no definition of what "conservador" or "fifi" even means.
www.eluniversal.com.mx

AMLO define el término "fifí"

En entrevista radiofónica, el presidente electo explica el término que ha utilizado para criticar a intelectuales, escritores y prensa conservadora

This is not a "you said he said" situation AMLO spreads false news in his "mañaneras" to the point that he has admitted that he does not prepare them at all.

"Ayer hablábamos, antier creo, que de manera espontánea… Porque no crean que yo vengo aquí ya con ideas analizadas, no, yo vengo aquí a hablarles de manera sincera, decirles lo que siento, lo que conozco, lo que es mi experiencia." AMLO

About Gatell, I read the whole mañanera transcription months ago, here are his own words:

"Lo voy a poner con un ejemplo que comenté esta mañana en la Secretaría de Educación Pública. Vamos a suponer que tenemos una escuela de mil niños, nadie está infectado y de repente de esos mil un niño tiene una infección; si yo cierro la escuela en ese momento voy a tener un efecto positivo, porque estoy evitando que un niño contagie a 999 niños.

Si yo, en lugar de cerrar la escuela en ese momento me espero a que la escuela tenga, por ejemplo, 10 niños infectados, puedo cerrar la escuela y esa medida aplicada a 10 contra 990 es más efectiva que si la cierro cuando es sólo uno contra 999.

Si me espero aun mas y tengo, por ejemplo, 100 niños infectados, es todavía mas efectiva la intervención, porque estoy evitando que 100 tienen una mayor fuerza de infección, así se llama técnicamente, para contagiar a los 900 restantes, y así sucesivamente hasta llegar a un punto en donde llego a la máxima utilidad de la intervención y es cuando un volumen muy grande, vamos a pensar, 400 niños, tienen la fuerza de 400 para infectar a los 600 que restan, esa sería la máxima utilidad de la infección"- Lopez Gatell March 14 2020

Versión estenográfica | Conferencia de prensa. Informe diario sobre coronavirus COVID-19 en México

Conferencia encabezada por el doctor Hugo López-Gatell Ramírez, subsecretario de Prevención y Promoción de la Salud, desde Palacio Nacional

Lopez Gatell was saying at the "mañaneras" that waiting to close until a school was 40% infected was a good strategy in the coronavirus pandemic.

Honestly, I don´t care about any political parties here in Mexico, in some way or another they are all corrupt, but trying to excuse AMLO´s goverment shortcomings with the argument that the opposition is the same feels like a bad faith argument, since AMLO´s shortcomings are different than the other political parties.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
El me canso ganso era un presagio.

Dunno about hype, but most Mexican people I know hate el PRI so much, Amlo was the next best thing I guess. Latam politics are always a shit show.