Sadnarav

Nov 6, 2019
Pokemon has two new women (Mela & Geeta respectively):

EMqVL4a.png

T0ikuAC.png

Not entirely sure what I think about them yet.
It's a wild ride watching the newest Pokémon Scarlet/Violet trailer and realizing "I think I like the human designs more than the Pokémon. What the fuck?"

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I hope it's ok if I, as a CIS male, post some pics here from DioField Chronicle to get some feedback on the characters and see if my personal opinions on them are in line with others:

I put them in a quote cause there are a lot of them

And here is an example of how they translate into their 3d models:

It looks fine from the examples shown...just female characters wearing actual clothes is all I expect out and even then it's rare.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's ok if I, as a CIS male, post some pics here from DioField Chronicle to get some feedback on the characters and see if my personal opinions on them are in line with others:

I put them in a quote cause there are a lot of them

And here is an example of how they translate into their 3d models:
All very good designs IMO aside from the second to last one which is clunky

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
There was some serious character design going on in today's Nintendo Direct.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Even Octopath has these tacky designs now

Screen_Shot_2022-09-13_at_1.17.15_PM.png

The hunter this time is a catgirl too. 🤮

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Triange Strategy also had (for the most part) really good designs and I think that was made by the same team as octopath right? Sad to see them go that direction.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Maybe my expectation is too low or Koei Tecmo is hiding what's yet to come, but didn't Atelier Ryza 3 look tame compared to the previous games? I didn't spot any boob/ass physics or that one female character with bazooka boobs. The trailer also didn't show anything that looked awkward.

I don't remember if the initial reveal of the previous games was also this tame?

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Octopath 2 just seems like the same classes, for lack of a better term, as the original. Guess if it isn't broke, etc.

And yeah, thief super boobs wasn't what I was expecting considering their prior designs. Though I haven't actually played the original. Just speaking through what my friend showed.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Besides the revealing dress, she still looks cool. While ideally OT is better without this, if it's for one character and it's fitting with her personality, then I might deal with it.

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well,Zelda made no appearance in this trailer except for the murals. Where she seems to be in danger in one of them. Cool.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, I was worried the Sony State of Play wouldn't be able to keep with the discussion worthy designs from the Nintendo Direct. But thankfully Stellar Blade showed up to embarrass themselves.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
First it was the camera angles then with this trailer it was the physics. I wonder what the next trailer for Stellar Blade will have?

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
That game again. Knew what it was when the first "giggle" appeared as cool as the other things looked and wondered how much of the trailer was gonna spend up someone's ass this time.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Stellar Blade looks like trash but Sony definitely told them to reign in the camera work and editing for this trailer. There are so many cool South Korean devs Sony could be supporting instead of this one. *shakes head*
I blame Heroes. Everything from the look, the characters, the central gimmick and even the title seems influenced by it
It's supposed to be a celebration of the entire franchise yet it looks like Awakening and Fates. I shouldn't be surprised.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
When the end result, and this without any hyperbole, looks exactly as bad as Dead or Alive did on the OG xbox what is the fucking purpose?
UxW4idm.gif

AbsA7lc.gif

It's honestly not even that fucking hard to set up a convincing looking end result for this sort of thing! That's what makes it so weird beyond the blatant sexism.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
When every subtle movement makes your bits jiggle, be careful!! ⚠️ You might have been turned into pudding.

MediumSourHorseshoecrab-size_restricted.gif
flan-buttflan.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Everything about the Stellar Blade protagonist bothers me. The boobs, the skintight outfits, the voice acting...yeesh. It's repulsive.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate it when games have boobs jelly physics like that. It's like the devs never seen how real breasts behave, or maybe it's intentional for their audience who knows no better.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
the stellar blade MC looks too perfect that I'm not even going "she's hot" like the devs want me too

she hit the uncanny valley hard

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Maybe because I'm going off my (fuzzy) memories of Primrose in the first Octopath Traveler as a point of comparison, but I don't think the sequel's thief looks too bad (at first glance). The corset's appearing tighter than it should, which was probably deliberate to get the "lift-up" effect. EDIT: Do her boots have a garter design or something evoking that, or am I just crazy?

And this is more on the "design" part of the "sexualized design" thread, but the "thief" looks more like a dark mage to me.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Maybe because I'm going off my (fuzzy) memories of Primrose in the first Octopath Traveler as a point of comparison, but I don't think the sequel's thief looks too bad. The corset's appearing tighter than it should, which was probably deliberate to get the "lift-up" effect. The "thief" looks more like a dark mage, to be honest.
This is the official artwork for Primrose:

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Even Octopath has these tacky designs now

Screen_Shot_2022-09-13_at_1.17.15_PM.png

The hunter this time is a catgirl too. 🤮

Exaggerated bosom aside, I do like a "sexy thief" idea when branching off that sexy femme fatale archtype ....but def don't trust movies, media, or least of all games to depict it anything other than than skin deep lol 😶

Anyways...
Fck-ix4acAIfH9m

Say ladies (and gents): Ever had an outfit with a.... a... "boob dividing ribbon w/ waist strap holding in place"?

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Something I've thought for a long while is that I don't think people who make stuff like jiggle boobs actually find it sexy or hilariously impractical outfits actually find them sexy.

Like, obviously some do, sure, but I don't think it's actually about that. The same way people complaining about a Black mermaid don't actually care about fidelity to the original fairy tale, because they're obviously okay with the thousands of other alterations made throughout other Little Mermaid adaptations or other fairy tales in general.

It feels like it's more about emphasizing the female form as a subject of male gaze. Like, yeah, I know that sounds overly technical to describe the situation, but it's hard for me to believe that the purpose of these costumes and the jiggle physics is actually any kind of eroticism. It seems more about drawing attention to the female form, regardless of circumstance or appropriateness of the situation. Why do these characters dress like this for battle when male characters dress more practically and more for cool aesthetics? I don't think there's a real answer besides that they want you to observe the female characters as sexual objects first, and whatever the story cooks up later as secondary.

It's not sexiness, which might even be an acceptable artistic choice in some cases, it's about power.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
You know that uncomfortable feeling you get when a finger is too close to the area between the centre of your eyes? Those Fire Emblem heroes must have that a lot.