Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I feel like it was less noticeable at first due to having fewer characters. Overall I like the new character designs less and less. I think these costume mods for Stelle and Acheron look good. Stelle's one I believe is based off Siobhan's costume (Penacony bar tender NPC). Acheron's appears to be inspired by the art on the new light cone.
gamebanana.com

Stellar Suit: A Stelle Outfit Mod [Honkai Star Rail] [Mods]

Giving our favorite raccoon girl some CLASS... A Honkai Star Rail (HSR) Mod in the Stelle category, submitted by ClairGundhildr
E4t1ZDW.png

gamebanana.com

Voidblade Suit: An Acheron Outfit Mod [Honkai Star Rail] [Mods]

May I have this dance?... A Honkai Star Rail (HSR) Mod in the Acheron category, submitted by ClairGundhildr
3m0xx8V.png

XOTcX2Z.png

Oh nice I love women in suits so this is v much in my interests and IDK there was an active modding community for Star Rail too. I'd just be fine if they added a pants option even if it'll never happen for real because of reasons.

Jan 11, 2018
I'm not sure they know what censorship even means. To think Stellar Blade is remotely censored is funny.

I am convinced the entire thing was a giant publicity stunt by the devs to get people talking about the game. The idea that Sony, who was seemingly rather hands-on during the development, would let a game they'd put their stamp of approval on this visibly ship with content they did deemed inappropriate and then somehow had the devs censor it with a patch a few weeks after the official release was ridiculous to begin with. Especially since the outfits they changed weren't even the most revealing ones. But now we're supposed to believe they got bullied into allowing the devs to change it back?! How does anyone seriously think this is how Sony operates?! Let's not forget that one of the very first things the devs did to promote their game was to signal to all GamerGaters that the game would be 100% uncensored worldwide. They knew what the reaction would be if they changed something, and they knew Sony would get blamed for it. Zero risk involved for them.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
They're not even the same outfits so that FaLsE aDvErTiSiNg narrative falls apart real quick. Any similar-looking outfits with less boob coverage = censorship (not actual censorship) is dead, apparently.
Is this game basically just another, dystopian tech sci fi. Where we can panty shot the character? I've always been put off playing Nier because of the extreme creepiness of people being so into 2B. Stellar blade gives me the same vibe. I get so many video recommendations all the time cluttering up my YouTube feed and I've never watched any of them.
yeah, basically.

Last edited:

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure they know what censorship even means. To think Stellar Blade is remotely censored is funny.
Is this game basically just another, dystopian tech sci fi. Where we can panty shot the character? I've always been put off playing Nier because of the extreme creepiness of people being so into 2B. Stellar blade gives me the same vibe. I get so many video recommendations all the time cluttering up my YouTube feed and I've never watched any of them.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
I'll never understand how someone can get so riled up about an inch of crotch cloth.

I mean, aside from the clowns exaggerating outrage for views. Congrats, roaches.

Kordova

Dec 10, 2023
Terra
Yeah but with a larger focus than Nier from what I can tell after playing the demo.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but with a larger focus than Nier from what I can tell after playing the demo.
what's the great Kojima level explanations as to their outfit designs lol?

If I can just explain how they're actually solar panel robots so need to expose their skin to charge their battery. I think I can play it /s

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland

If I can just explain how they're actually solar panel robots so need to expose their skin to charge their battery. I think I can play it /s
There literally isn't one. It's never even acknowledged in the game beyond the leering camera. In fact, for how horny the character designs are, Stellar Blade is one of the least sexual, most sterile games out there. It's so weird.

fifthblight

Apr 8, 2024
i'd really love to see if any of these dudes could give me a sincere answer if asked why a game apparently needs to have some kind of scantily clad born-sexy-yesterday main character in it for them to enjoy it

LoboRundas

Oct 25, 2017
Started Aztech: Forgotten Gods after a long time in my library and I love the design of the main character and her mom
JZNnlsz.jpeg

oV36Ev4.jpeg
Nh7yoAd.jpeg

2eFoHPN.png

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
i'd really love to see if any of these dudes could give me a sincere answer if asked why a game apparently needs to have some kind of scantily clad born-sexy-yesterday main character in it for them to enjoy it

Careful this brings out the weirdoes from the woodwork who will 100% dodge this question and go on to mention something completely different as a distraction like on Twitter.

Naiad

Aug 27, 2020

You're throwing caution to the wind that they even know difficult words like "sincerity" since it doesn't come with a side boob window.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
There literally isn't one. It's never even acknowledged in the game beyond the leering camera. In fact, for how horny the character designs are, Stellar Blade is one of the least sexual, most sterile games out there. It's so weird.
I've come to realize that while these people like sexy characters, they're disgusted by actual sex and sexuality, and don't like the idea of there needing to be a reason for women to dress sexy. Having no story context or characterization behind the sexy outfits is actually the ideal.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
One of these days the kids will grow up and realize that adding clothes and armor can make people hotter.

Franky D Tank

May 15, 2024
The fact that so many men have a narrow view of what makes a great design for women is frustrating. When it comes to Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, Rika is definitely a great design. The thing that makes me sad is how another of my favorites of the game, Geeta, is treated. People clown on her because they find her team as a champion to not be great. I personally love her design, because I think women is suits are really cool, so when she was revealed, she was already one of my favorites.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
The fact that so many men have a narrow view of what makes a great design for women is frustrating. When it comes to Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, Rika is definitely a great design. The thing that makes me sad is how another of my favorites of the game, Geeta, is treated. People clown on her because they find her team as a champion to not be great. I personally love her design, because I think women is suits are really cool, so when she was revealed, she was already one of my favorites.

Agreed I just wanted to say I love Rika and Greeta's character design too. I think it's nice to see formal clothing for women that's not a dress or skirt but so it goes.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
store.steampowered.com

NIGHTMARE OPERATOR on Steam

NIGHTMARE OPERATOR is an action horror shooter about hunting Youkai in the haunted ruins of Tokyo. Combat fuses the tense, shooting gameplay of classic survival horror, with the skill-based mechanics and execution of fighting games and spectacle fighters.

Looks great, and Misha herself looks pretty cool. Looks like she was designed by Takeshi Oga (Siren & Gravity Rush)

Oti0leI.png

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The studio in question doesn't even bother with that because the game is unapologetically misogynistic in it's presentation. Weirdly enough it seems to have dropped off a cliff discourse wise though.

store.steampowered.com

NIGHTMARE OPERATOR on Steam

NIGHTMARE OPERATOR is an action horror shooter about hunting Youkai in the haunted ruins of Tokyo. Combat fuses the tense, shooting gameplay of classic survival horror, with the skill-based mechanics and execution of fighting games and spectacle fighters.

Looks great, and Misha herself looks pretty cool. Looks like she was designed by Takeshi Oga (Siren & Gravity Rush)

Oti0leI.png
This design slaps.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Currently taking the Wuthering Waves plunge and... the character designs have the same issues the rest of the game has when it comes to trying to compete with Genshin versus what that actually means and how they succeed.

There's always room for improvement and Genshin's character designs certainly have that. WuWa's character models are definitely more detailed, but what would have been great to see is more diversity with body shapes, outfit silhouettes and styles the characters represent. Instead, the characters are even more blatantly color-coded in accordance with their personality, not just their elements and the female characters especially have the same general silhouette for all of their outfits.

I get very little personality from their designs as any uniqueness is held back by the developers' decisions to pander to a specific audience the same way and this also extends to your interactions with them in unfortunate ways. Do they really think the way to beat Genshin is by having every single female character be thoroughly invested in the male character and more jiggle physics?

It's just been a really unfortunate experience so far. I won't say I don't welcome appealing character designs, but I feel like the character designs show so much disdain for what there is to like about female characters in general.

Feb 24, 2018
Anabel in Sun/Moon 😍
1.png
It's always amusing to me the games were they acknowledge the passage of time and had Sun and Moon have aged up versions of Anabel, Red and Blue in their 20s/30s; yet the anime refused to age Ash from being 10 (a year younger then what Red was in the first games), meaning we never got to see this version of her in the anime sadly.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Let's say I'm not surprised wuthering waves has the 'wandering booba' physics. Aggressive even with one character. Breasts aren't gravity defying jelly sacks that seemingly have independent thought.

Sigh

So many of the female character designs would be 'fine' with a couple decent alterations.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Let's say I'm not surprised wuthering waves has the 'wandering booba' physics. Aggressive even with one character. Breasts aren't gravity defying jelly sacks that seemingly have independent thought.

Sigh

So many of the female character designs would be 'fine' with a couple decent alterations.

Yea. It's pretty generic gacha in regards to that.

Kuro does add some more sexualized men then most, but still too few and far between for it to even remotely be considered "equality", e.g.:

1rfspt6.png

GOYwfu7bgAAY9v0

I think the worst in WuWa is when you ride elevators though...the breasts go so insane it's not possible to NOT laugh.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Damn, I was already p disappointed in WuWa but now I'm trying not to laugh at the idea of a "wandering booba" syndrome for all female characters.

Naiad

Aug 27, 2020
Based on the feedback that I hear here about WuWa, I'm kind of glad that I don't need to try dabbling into another gacha after spending more than enough time in Genshin and Honkai Star Rail honestly.

I don't always like the designs in Genshin and Honkai, but hearing about the excessive jiggling in WuWa would definitely turn me off. That's not to mention that if they lack any kind of personality such as what ventuno describes, then that just sounds like an equally boring experience for me.

I can say what I want about some of the outfits in Genshin where they can be pretty sketchy for the women, but at least one of my favorite characters that I use (Ningguang) has a pretty easily felt and heard personality and the same can be said about Beidou as well. I haven't really found a favorite in Star Rail yet, but I'm still pretty early into the game itself and at least in Genshin...I left off in Japanland and never completed the story in Sumeru or Fontaine. In Star Rail, I'm still stuck on the frozen planet.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Beginning of the year I hadn't even heard of Grummz before..
Ignorance is bliss.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Beginning of the year I hadn't even heard of Grummz before..
Ignorance is bliss.
Funny thing is, Grummz quite literally co-opted the whole "Gamergate 2.0" thing for the sake of grifting. He was a loser before but him essentially stealing the spotlight from an unhinged sociopath whose name no one remembers anybody is why he's constantly brought up. You'd think the dude who started the SBI thing would feel some kind of way about fading into irrelevance while another dude makes money off of the gamer outrage that he started.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Funny thing is, Grummz quite literally co-opted the whole "Gamergate 2.0" thing for the sake of grifting. He was a loser before but him essentially stealing the spotlight from an unhinged sociopath whose name no one remembers anybody is why he's constantly brought up. You'd think the dude who started the SBI thing would feel some kind of way about fading into irrelevance while another dude makes money off of the gamer outrage that he started.

Oh wait he didn't even start the SBI attacks or GG 2.0?!

LMAO

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I just knew him as a person that worked on WoW and then did dumb shit with Firefall, a game I had hopes for. Didn't/don't know at all what work they did on WoW and only learned that he worked on it after the Firefall stuff.

But yeah, would be great if that was all I ever heard about him and hate it every time I see their tweets or nonsense linked.