Will Cyberpunk 2077 Get Delayed (again)?

• Yes

Votes: 486 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 327 40.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
GamerDude

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It was already ridiculous before the latest delay. I don't mind, though.

Personally, I think they'll have 1 more short delay before going GOLD.

So you think 2021? I dunno. I just think this delay isn't too big of a deal because it's still this year and before Christmas. Another delay past the holiday season would really piss people off on a different level.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Depends on how they're internal reviews look. This game has cost them absurds amount of money. It HAS to score high on metacrtic and sell well. God only knows how much they've dumped already on dev and marketing.

Imagine if it came out as a wet fart with an 83 on Mc and a resounding "its pretty good". Too much spent for that shit.

Balmung421

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping it is so they launch with next gen version at the same time.

also because I don't want the employees to be under more crunch

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
No, I think they'll hit the new date.... and then spend half of 2021 continuing to patch out bugs and other issues.

I'm hoping it is so they launch with next gen version at the same time.

also because I don't want the employees to be under more crunch

They've already said "full blown" next gen version wont be out until 2021. At launch there will just be a little boost patch

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Call me crazy but I just don't see another delay. It would be pretty ridiculous at that point, and I think they recognize that this one is already having people getting pretty ticked at them.

Oh, my sweet summer child. Let me tell you the story about Duke Nukem Forever, Half Life 2 Episode 3, Daikatana, The Last Guardian and many more. All Games that were feverishly awaited by fans, but hearts were broken repeatedly.
It can go either way and people getting ticked or not is irrelevant. They'll buy it anyway.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it gets delayed again. It's deep into beta now, they're showing it to the press while they finish squashing bugs, plus a pretty much uncontested holiday window is the best possible time to launch in the next year. Actually, the game might actually sell better than if they hadn't delayed. It's go time.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
With the Rona upending development across the world, who knows.

Hell, I'm still not expecting Halo Infinite to ship at launch for the Series X, So 🤷‍♂️

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I'm gonna say no. This reminds of the last TLOU2 delay. They only delayed it by about a month. Even the first delay was only Feb to May. They're only delaying CP for 2 months. It's not long but it probably gives them enough breathing room for some final polish before launch (obviously they will continue patching the game though after launch).

Witcher 3 was a MASSIVE game (I beat it years ago but I've played it off and on for 5 years - of which there is plenty of content; haven't done this with any other single player game) and had a number of issues, especially at launch. This game is also going to be massive with a shitload of NPCs with their own schedules, lots of quest paths, characters builds, and whatnot on top of the city they've built. So I can definitely see how the extra polish time might be needed.

Ser_Kafka

Mar 23, 2020
Cyberpunk 2078 will release before it.

Tbh, they could delay it for 12 months and I would be fine with it. I would much rather a game be delayed than rushed.

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't vote because I don't really know anymore and I'm not going to be bothered till a PS5 version is released sometimes next year or whenever down the line.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I've been almost waiting ten years for Cyberpunk and I can wait longer, plus I have no money for videogames because I have no disposable income. So I can definitely wait.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
I'm betting it will be the same it was with Witcher 3, where it was basically delayed over and over again until it came out year after it was planned

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
From a stakeholder perspective, surely shareholders won't tolerate a third delay announcement to public.

They'll be running up on Marcin Iwinski in no time.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, it's coming out in November. If they needed more time they would have given themselves more time with this delay. They've been working from home long enough now to gauge what they'll be able to get done.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
It would not surprise me and it will be fine if we get a better product in the end. I just hope the devs aren't crunching for a whole year..

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I called the delay to November back when everyone was telling me it was locked in for September, but this time, I honestly don't think it will be delayed again. This is shaping up to be one of the games this holiday, and they delayed it about as far into the holiday season as they reasonably could. It reminds me of FFXV's sort-of last-minute delay from late September to late November.

There was really no reason the game needed to come out in September, other than that being the date they had said. There are very real reasons for them to want to get the game out in November. They're already doing press previews and starting the pre-launch promotional push in earnest.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Why did they sold their special Xbox X console so early?
Were they aware of this delay? And if sold at the time the game would come out, no one would buy it?

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Why did they sold their special Xbox X console so early?
Were they aware of this delay? And if sold at the time the game would come out, no one would buy it?

I'd assume that they originally designed the console to be released alongside the game in April, and then were like "well, no one is buying an Xbox One after June"

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I find it interesting that the statement said the game was done and they need more time for play tests and to sort out bugs. I honestly thought it would eventually get delayed to next year, not two months. If they think an extra two full months is enough time for that, then so be it.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My fear is that this game will feel horribly dated soon. Because its not a next-gen project. If it has load times for example (a remnant of current-gen baseline development) it will feel archaic opposed to Horizon 2 which is pretty much going to be instant according to GG.

I dunno how optimized this game was supposed to be for next-gen. I'd rather have a delay and a smooth experience than play some cross gen thing.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I can see the delay happening to the point that when it releases, those extra upgrades for next gen that they talked about will be ready.

Maybe February or March 2021.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
My fear is that this game will feel horribly dated soon. Because its not a next-gen project. If it has load times for example (a remnant of current-gen baseline development) it will feel archaic opposed to Horizon 2 which is pretty much going to be instant according to GG.

I dunno how optimized this game was supposed to be for next-gen. I'd rather have a delay and a smooth experience than play some cross gen thing.

I mean, there's going to be about as many next-gen-only games when this releases on November 19 as there would have been on September 16. You'll be "playing some cross gen things" for a while.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
It wouldn't surprise me at all... It also wouldn't really bother me, wasn't planning to play this on current gen anyways.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, there's going to be about as many next-gen-only games when this releases on November 19 as there would have been on September 16. You'll be "playing some cross gen things" for a while.

I don't mind it for the typical stuff but for this game I would want a next-gen experience. If it means a longer delay i'd be cool with it.

This is a case of they should've released it already, or moved it on. I was also kind of surprised that Tsushima was still a PS4 project after all, after such a long radio silence.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
This is a case of they should've released it already, or moved it on.

Why? There are over a hundred million current-gen consoles out there. More people are still buying them!

Posts acting like the precise second new consoles release* there is no longer any reason to release "last-gen" games are peak Era not-understanding-business bubble. CDPR spent zillions of dollars on this game. It does not make any business sense at all to make it next-gen-only; not in September, not in November, not even if it gets delayed until February. They want to sell many more copies of this game by the end of March than there will be next-gen consoles.

*) And I still wouldn't be surprised if this releases just before either next gen console hits the market.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
They should delay until they have next gen versions day and date but eh that's just me.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why? There are over a hundred million current-gen consoles out there. More people are still buying them!

Posts acting like the precise second new consoles release* there is no longer any reason to release "last-gen" games are peak Era not-understanding-business bubble. CDPR spent zillions of dollars on this game. It does not make any business sense at all to make it next-gen-only; not in September, not in November, not even if it gets delayed until February. They want to sell many more copies of this game by the end of March than there will be next-gen consoles.

*) And I still wouldn't be surprised if this releases just before either next gen console hits the market.

Well. It depends I guess.

They've thought this with the 360 and PS3. But those systems fell of a cliff. GT6 on PS3 didn't do as well as it could despite a userbase of 80 million (debuted with 1/5 of GT5 release sales to be exact). That game would've been better off on PS4. The difference now is BC, but we're not entirely sure what that entails yet.

If Cyberpunk is like Witcher, it will continue to sell for years to come anyway. I think it would do just fine as a PC/SX/P5 release a year into the generation or so.

EDIT: I read the other thread just now. sounds good.

Last edited:

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Going from their post its basically done and theyre using remaining months to polish up the game, so no

Status
Not open for further replies.