• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Cyberpunk 2077 Get Delayed (again)?

• Yes

Votes: 486 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 327 40.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I'll be optimistic and assume it doesn't get delayed again and actually comes out this year. Cause damn, if they delay it again and it misses the holiday window, etc. that would be pretty bad.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
If it does, next year will be banger already starting with 2077.
Wont feel as dry as 2014.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Again and again. See you in 2022.
GJqKnaH.gif

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
They should have stuck with "when it's ready" and just announce when the game was finished.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect that the developers asked for a bit more time but CDPR was intent on releasing holiday 2020 for financial reasons. I'm not aware of any western AAA games that have released much later than November 19 so this was probably where CDPR drew the line. I expect another delay in a few months when/if it becomes obvious that the game cannot make November 19 and meet CDPR's quality standards.

I believe part of the reason for setting unachievable deadlines is to encourage more crunch and increase productivity (at least in theory). There is no better motivator to slave away than the sight of posters of your game plastered everywhere with a release date just 12 weeks away written in massive text.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GamerDude

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No, I'm thinking a delay of 8~12 days range, because this latest delay is too approximate (5 exact months from today)
I think we'll get one more to december, like two weeks delay.

Interesting! Well you never know, but that would be a pretty costly 1-2 week delay missing Black Friday. I suspect they would find a way to get it done 1-2 weeks faster at any cost rather than missing Black Friday by such a small amount. But time will tell.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
November "feels" right to me. I've called pretty much every delay this game has had, and September just always seemed like such a bizArre time. But November feels right. It's peak shopping season, and can act as a de facto next gen launch title, even if it isn't fully next gen upgraded yet. It's easy to see Xbox and Sony marketing it alongside the PS5/Series X.

I could be wrong, but I think November will be the date

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I could see a Feb 2021 push happening, given the game's scope, though obviously they'll try hard to reach a Holiday 20 deadline.
Hopefully not at the cost of a ton of crush.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not a chance. This game will be the biggest selling game of the holiday season and biggest selling launch game for PS5 and XBOX SX. There is no way they are going to risk missing out on that.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Always assume a delay even if there have been plenty. Only when you are downloading it is it sensible to assume it's not getting another one. Unless it's like Batman Arkham Knight on PC where they shit the bed with that one.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Just target next gen at this point. I'll wait patiently with a smile. Ditto for Elden Ring if you're reading this, Miyazaki.

Nov 14, 2017
I'm gonna be optimistic and vote no but my head says yes. They delay it one more time and release in Q2 2021 for PS5, XSX and PC only.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
This is going be PS2 all over again. Shiny new console and the best thing I'm playing on it is Final Fantasy IX.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
They are in some shit if they need to delay into 2021

Going against something like HZD 2 as last-gen game will be bad time.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying since the beginning i doubt itll even launch this year. I hope I'm wrong but with every delay we get closer and closer to me being correct

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Nah. Two months isn't really a substantial delay, it just screams bug fixing and next-gen launch. Besides, if it was really in a bad shape then we wouldn't be getting previews next week.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Both games have been delayed twice. People really blow this delay narrative out of proportion. Its nothing out of the ordinary.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Besides, if it was really in a bad shape then we wouldn't be getting previews next week.

Yeah, they're starting the pre-launch marketing beats for it in earnest, with press previews and the Night City Wire thing.

Other than it being the previously announced date, there really was no reason why they had to launch in September. But there is a massive commercial reason why they wouldn't want to miss the holiday.

They want to give the game as much time as is practical. It's sort of like how we can already pretty much guarantee that Starfield or Elder Scrolls VI will release in November of whatever year it releases in.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They must be struggling to make the game playable on ps4 and xbox. I don't think it will be pushed to 2021, but I could see them only releasing on PC and next-gen consoles.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
It will probably need another delay to be fully polished, but will be forced out the door to make the holiday season and receive a chunky post launch patch a few months down the road.

Nov 11, 2017
They must be struggling to make the game playable on ps4 and xbox. I don't think it will be pushed to 2021, but I could see them only releasing on PC and next-gen consoles.
Or a pandemic happened while they were supposed to be at the office for 18 hours a day during their polishing/bug fixing/final crunch.

It's possible a delay would have happened anyways but I am sure it didn't help.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Remember when TLOU2 was delayed indefinitely, and tons of people here were saying it was going to "obviously" be a PS5 launch title, and some people were even posting wild stuff about how they were going to cancel the PS4 version? And then "indefinitely" ended up being four weeks?

That's what some of these posts remind me of.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Or a pandemic happened while they were supposed to be at the office for 18 hours a day during their polishing/bug fixing/final crunch.

It's possible a delay would have happened anyways but I am sure it didn't help.

Last night in investor call they underlined firmly that COVID and working from home have nothing to do with the delay. Last stretch of development just turned out to be more demanding than they had initially estimated in January.

Investor call if any is venue to say "COVID and WFM are to blame!" if that is the case.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not willing to bet at anything at this point. They have said everything was looking good for September (even taking COVID-19 into account) and yet here we are.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Witcher 3 came out over a year after its original date. We're only sitting at +7 months since the original date for Cyberpunk. There's more delay left in the tank!

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'd like to think they could hypothetically stick with september followed by a bunch of patches but they want to "do right" here. november 2020 will finally be it

but what do i know

OP
OP
GamerDude

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, the majority are expecting another delay. I actually figured about 60-65% would choose 'no delay".

Status
Not open for further replies.