Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
South Korea is pandering to Trump and people are falling for it. They realized that flattery works with him and went all-in on the strategy. By the way, North Korea is at war with America, not South Korea. The signatory to the armistice are China, North Korea and the US. They would need to sign a peace treaty, and in this context Moon would get the peace prize for finally getting the parties to sign a peace treaty.

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017
Why not? The entire world revolves around him.

We only look at the world through American eyes...

Chump

Jan 11, 2018
That feeling when Trump has actually done more to deserve a peace prize than Obama...

Yep. People dont have to like Trump in order to admit that he is getting results. (Sometimes the best person for the job is someone that you dont like) Even moves like striking a deal with China to buy US coal instead of coal from North Korea put pressure on them and helped bring them to the table. He did what he said he would while naysayers (or the "experts") shouted that he would bring about Nuclear War.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
It's not, but Obama's getting it was pretty bewildering.
Yeah, especially when you realize nominations for the Peace Prize had to be made by 11 days after Obama's first took office - what did he do in his first 11 days worth being nominated for a peace prize? That act basically proved how meaningless the Nobel Peace Prize is.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Trump deserves ZERO credit for ANY of the progress when it comes to North Korea.

The constipated manchild did NOTHING to help the situation.

RogerK

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
If he played a role then definitely. Helping to end a 60+ year war is deserving of a NPP. I turned on CNN and even they were saying that if events continue this path that he's deserving of the NPP (even more than Obama they mentioned). Moon gave him credit for the talks, he's the first US President to ever agree to sit down with a NK leader, he imposed additional sanctions, and his SoS met with Kim. Trump and his administration played at least some part.

Last edited:

Virtua

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To be totally fair, if Trumps administration helped assist in successfully forming a peace treaty between North and South Korea, and put a stop to North Korea's nuclear program, then that would be deserving of consideration of a Nobel Peace Prize. I say this in staunch opposition to Donald Trump, what he stands for and his impact on democracy and further degradation of conservatism. Of course i remain doubtful that they actually did assist, especially with Pompeo, Bolton and of course Trump, and basically a very weakened state department, and now we're hearing that NK's test site actually collapsed.

While the prize does matter, it kind of is.

I applaud your ability to judge this incident fairly. I wish more people approached things this way before judging simply based on who's involved.

Trump is an idiot.
But trump kind of helped push things along here. You can't argue against that.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
You can't give a peace prize to a guy who openly wants an arms race with Russia and who wants to make his military even more powerful than it already is.

Not to mention his border wall agenda is both literally and symbolically as divisive as it gets.

He also wants to refuse refugees from other conflicts and deport undocumented immigrants.

None of those things are acts of peace.

And an immature tweet battle between the Dotard and Rocketman indirectly leading to a peace summit between Kim and Moon was not a planned diplomatic strategy to end the war by Trump. Trump wanted regime change, through force if necessary.

Trump did not make this peace, if it even really is peace.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
In all seriousness, I think Trump will get one alongside Moon once the treaty is signed.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Man I wanna see your reaction when he does win lol.
My honest to God reaction if it were to be put into words would get me banned.

Luckily there is not a single solitary chance in hell Trump would EVER get such an award.

The devil himself could rise from hell and slaughter half of humanity and he would have a better shot at the award than that fucking manchild.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Lol? Joke question? Trump didn't do shit. Just because moon sucked up to him doesn't mean he's going to get a nobel peace prize. Nobody is that stupid

Vinci

Oct 29, 2017
Should be Moon, I would think. His crediting Trump could be read as, "He thankfully has done everything possible to make this happen - by not bombing it horribly and by discontinuing his 'Rocket Man' nonsense after being given a smidgen of credit."

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't care what they say in their pathetic attempt to appeal to Trump's childish narcissism.

In actual reality Trump did Jack shit.

He waved the US military around like it was his dick and threatened North Korea with Nuclear Holocaust.

Not because he needed to.

Not because he wanted peace.

But because he could and because he wanted to look like a big boy in front of his uneducated base.

So no.

Trump did NOTHING to earn any praise here. I don't give 3 shits what the people who wanna kiss his ass have to say.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I hadn't even thought of this but the irony of Obama getting it and trump not getting it is kind of hilarious.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
no dear lord no

The situation surrounding the reward of a Nobel Peace Prize in this particular scenario is really thorny, though. Trump is obviously an idiotic maniac that would gladly start a war to save his own hide, but giving Moon a Nobel peace prize might be extremely insulting to Kim (I know of North Korean terrorist activity just because South Korea's Olympics). Obviously the prize truly means fuck all if they were to give one to a tyrant like Kim. I pity the committee forced to deal with that particular scenario.

Red Cadet 015

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
... people really think anyone in this situation deserves a Peace Prize for this? Wow. This country is dumber than I thought on election night.

The only reason the Peace Treaty was signed was due to the man having nukes ready to launch. How the fuck is that any real peace?!

It's peace at the barrel of a gun.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
If a person character does not matter anymore and they are happy to give the Nobel peace price to a womanizer, xenophobic(people already forgot the shithole comment, amongst other things), climate change denier, narcissistic, bigot, then Trump has a chance.

However, Trump rhetoric before the movement towards peace between the koreas showed that he did not have a clue towards what he was doing. It will be like crediting Thomas Edison for the ideas he stole from Nikola Tesla.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
It's like if a guy was outside your house with a gun and your friend was protecting you with a gun and they're yelling at each other about shooting the other and you decide to negotiate with the guy outside with a gun to stop both of them from shooting each other and destroying your house/killing your kids in the crossfire.

Chump

Jan 11, 2018
I don't care what they say in their pathetic attempt to appeal to Trump's childish narcissism.

In actual reality Trump did Jack shit.

He waved the US military around like it was his dick and threatened North Korea with Nuclear Holocaust.

Not because he needed to.

Not because he wanted peace.

But because he could and because he wanted to look like a big boy in front of his uneducated base.

So no.

Trump did NOTHING to earn any praise here. I don't give 3 shits what the people who wanna kiss his ass have to say.

He did exactly what he said he was going to do on the campaign trail and it worked. Clinton, Bush, Obama used other approaches and paid the bully a toll to appease him.

You are better than this. Come on. Back to reality.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
He did exactly what he said he was going to do on the campaign trail and it worked. Clinton, Bush, Obama used other approaches and paid the bully a toll to appease him.

You are better than this. Come on. Back to reality.
I am in realty.

Trump is a fucking menace.

He deserves no credit for this situation. Nothing he did at any point of this was for the greater good. He never once thought of the bigger picture.

That Cheeto stained shitbag would have happily bombed North Korea into dust if it had served a political purpose for him.

Stop trying to pretend that fucking idiot meant for ANY of this to happen. As if he fucking cares.

jchap

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is crazy enough that his threats may have actually carried some weight. Past presidents would never seriously pressure N Korea. He deserves credit.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
No, because (most) europeans despise him and realise he's a complete dumbass. They would give it to Kim before Trump.

And if had any part in this, it was by accident.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The man who pulled the US out of the Paris Agreement does not deserve a Peace Prize.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
I want it to happen if only because the horrified reactions on here would be hilarious

he seemingly has played a large part in this, so why not?