Will you buy RE8 if it’s first person?

• Yes, I’ll buy it day 1.

Votes: 563 68.8%
  • Yes, but I’m gonna wait till it’s used/discounted.

Votes: 119 14.5%
  • No, I will not buy it.

Votes: 136 16.6%

• Total voters

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this might seem like a weird or redundant topic but it's something I've been curious about.

I see a lot of debate about which style people want the next Resident Evil but I'm curious how much that style affects the people's decision to purchase it.

I'll be honest, if RE8 is first person I'm probably not going to get it. Or at least I'm I'm going to wait a good while to get around to it when it's heavily discounted.

I'm just curious how others feel.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I loved RE2 Remake a ton and wish the next one is like that but I played RE7 AFTER I beat RE2 Remake and it was good. Any complaint I have with that game (not many) has nothing to do with the first person nature of it.

violent

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure. Resident Evil 2 delivered. Who the hell am I to dictate what the next should be? They should be allowed to be creative without questioning.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Yeah, and I loved 7, but I'd really prefer that it was third-person. 7 was fun... but I just don't care about Ethan at all like I do *every* other RE character.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who would be petty enough to not buy a game based on the camera? Who I say. Who on this forum? Surely none of Era would think such a thing. Not one. Nope.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
RE games always go on sale quickly, so I'm grabbing it for $30 during BF no matter what camera angle it has.

Oct 25, 2017
I loved RE7, and I loved RE2. Even though I prefer 3rd person, it doesn't matter to me when it comes to RE as long as the quality is as consistently high as it has been for the past 2 games.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Its time to give players an option to switch between first and third person view to appease everyone. Though each views have its cons and pros to the series.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I prefer third person but I'll still buy it because it's still a quality game

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I don't like first person horror and I didn't like RE7 because of it.

They have the perfect formula for 8 with RE2.
I'd take another shooter fest like RE6 over 7.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Probably not. I still haven't purchased RE7 in spite of me constantly saying that I'll get it on sale (which it has been countless times already, as well as being in my cart while on sale), so I'd probably end up passing on an RE8 if it didn't have an OTS option.

That would just water down the gameplay of both perspectives, no thanks.

Edit: Woah, I though this was the other thread.
Works for GTA5.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
The perspective doesn't make it or break it for me. If it looks interesting like 7 did, I buy it.

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
So this might seem like a weird or redundant topic but it's something I've been curious about.

I see a lot of debate about which style people want the next Resident Evil but I'm curious how much that style affects the people's decision to purchase it.

I'll be honest, if RE8 is first person I'm probably not going to get it. Or at least I'm I'm going to wait a good while to get around to it when it's heavily discounted.

I'm just curious how others feel.
So you're probably by going to get it because? FP isn't your type of genre? You get dizzy playing FP games?

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. If they fix a lot of the issues in 7 then I'll consider playing it on the cheap and deal with the FP perspective which doesn't fit the series for me. But if it's similar to 7 in pretty much everyway I won't touch it.

8 has been in development for years, so I'll let it slide if Capcom does. But if they do it with 9 after REmake 2 showed how it should be done, all I'll be able to do is shake my head.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So you're probably by going to get it because? FP isn't your type of genre? You get dizzy playing FP games?
I just don't like FP games 90% of the time. Outside of Halo and Half-life 2 they never seem to hold my interest.

I don't even like Metroid Prime despite loving all the 2D Metroids.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll finish it once for completion sake (since I've played most of the games in the series) but like with RE7 there is very little chance I will return to it much, like with proper REs.

(It's been two years since I've played RE7 and I still haven't bothered to return to it for a second run. It's been a week or so since I've gotten REmake 2 and I've already finished it thrice.)

Last edited:

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. I firmly believe it is possible to make good games in first person so if RE8 is seemingly good and in first person then I will buy it. Same goes for Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Gears of War and Super Mario. A good game is a good game. First person and VR would even be a selling point.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they would have to go to some truly absurd places to get me to not buy Resident Evil 8

I like classic RE.
I like third-person shooter with melee RE, even/especially RE6.
I like VR RE7.
I like RE2 2019.

I don't see it happening.

intheflorsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no worsening of one over the other in GTA5 though, which is my point, especially since 3rd person is largely unchanged from the versions of the game without FPV.

tldr: Combat being trash isn't down to the viewpoint, it was trash on the PS360 too.
I guess, but I'd be a lot more impressed with an example of a game that had perspective swapping and good combat.

Edit: Plus I feel like horror is kind of unique since perspective has a lot to do with how scares are engineered.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Nope! Skipped RE7 for the same reason. I cannot get into first person games at all, not being able to see my character really messes me up.