• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So essentially "wow look at this thing 2 entire prosecutor teams missed that we conviniently have for a documentary that we can release after the man is dead and cannot disprove it".

please
so if Bill Cosby died before the women said anything, would you tell them to not make those claims still?

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The weird thing is that Michael Jackson was already a pariah in the playground where I lived in the 90s. We heard about the abuse allegations and thought of him as a hateable deviant. He was extremely unpopular.

Then when he died in 2009, the message I got from society at large was that the abuse allegations were unfounded. It was just that he loved spending time with kids innocently, and was ultra rich, which left him open to false accusations left and right. And I feel in love with his music at this time, because I was "allowed to."

Now we're finding the allegations credible again....? This has been a long back and forth and I don't know what to think...

Tha' Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...l-jackson-molestation-allegations/2593914002/

So this is an article I found about the people involved. The movies dont cover the 2003 scandal, they cover two alleged abuses that were reported after his death.

These two allegations have not been disproven by a court (the courts wont allow a civil case to go through due to Michaels death).

from an eonline story https://www.eonline.com/de/news/419...slammed-by-nephew-i-know-wade-robson-is-lying

"Robson testified during Jackson's 2005 trial on child-molestation charges that the singer did not act inappropriately toward him. A former housekeeper of Jackson's, however, said on the stand that she had seen Jackson taking a shower with Robson when the future So You Think You Can Dance regular would have been around 11 years old.

Jackson was ultimately acquitted on all charges."

You'd think this forum would be way more understanding of possible sexual assault victims. This guy is saying he was assaulted by a man who, according to the trial, would take naked showers with him when he was 11.
Oh, u mean this housekeeper who was paid $20,000 by Hard Copy to say this and in a 1994 deposition claimed to have not saw anything, then changed her story and fell apart in cross examination by the defense in 2005? Hard to believe her here:
https://themichaeljacksonallegations.com/2018/05/12/wades-witnesses-part-2/

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone close this thread fucking thread, and all future threads related to this "Documentary"? How many times are we gonna have the same shit?

He has been found innocent, and the accusers have been found to be frauds several times over in the past 30 years. No new documentary is gonna change that.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Well dam this shit I didn't know of
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...l-jackson-molestation-allegations/2593914002/

So this is an article I found about the people involved. The movies dont cover the 2003 scandal, they cover two alleged abuses that were reported after his death.

These two allegations have not been disproven by a court (the courts wont allow a civil case to go through due to Michaels death).

from an eonline story https://www.eonline.com/de/news/419...slammed-by-nephew-i-know-wade-robson-is-lying

"Robson testified during Jackson's 2005 trial on child-molestation charges that the singer did not act inappropriately toward him. A former housekeeper of Jackson's, however, said on the stand that she had seen Jackson taking a shower with Robson when the future So You Think You Can Dance regular would have been around 11 years old.

Jackson was ultimately acquitted on all charges."

You'd think this forum would be way more understanding of possible sexual assault victims. This guy is saying he was assaulted by a man who, according to the trial, would take naked showers with him when he was 11.
The maid's testimony is really super suspect. If you can forgive the silly URL, this page breaks it down well: https://vindicatemj.wordpress.com/2...-michael-jacksons-former-maid-blanca-francia/

Let's summarize her testimony here:

• Blanca Francia was hired in 1985 to be MJ's personal housekeeper, and continued to work for him at Neverland. She was fired in 1991 for theft and tardiness, among other disciplinary problems. (This was confirmed by other Neverland employees.) She was an illegal alien with a fraudulent social security number, who also had her wages garnished by creditors to pay her debts, and who once looked inside the purse of a co-worker to see how much they had been paid!
  • In December 1993, Blanca's friend and former Neverland co-worker Evangeline helped secure her interview with Diane Dimond of Hard Copy, and Blanca gave Evangeline some of the $20,000 dollars that she was paid. Blanca was also required by contract to give Dimond a photo of MJ and her son Jason.
  • Blanca was misled by Dimond into thinking that she would be talking exclusively about her employment at Neverland, but instead she was asked questions about Michael Jackson, and the things that she allegedly "saw" while working there. For example, she said that she was concerned about the safety of her son after seeing MJ reading to him and playing tickling games with him, and that she saw MJ showering with a young boy, which made her quit her job in disgust.
  • However, during her deposition in January 1994 with Larry Feldman, Blanca admitted that Dimond and Hard Copy "were not very honest" because they sold her photos to other tabloids, she was also contacted by the National Enquirer and the LA Times for an interview, that she was "tired and nervous" during the deposition, and didn't see Wade Robeson in the shower with MJ, and really couldn't tell who was in the shower! She also admitted to both Hard Copy and Larry Feldman that she never saw MJ abuse any child.
  • In December 1994, Blanca and her lawyers threatened to sue MJ for sexual abuse, and that lawsuit was settled out of court before it could be filed and made public. You can read more about it here.
  • There was a major discrepancy between Blanca and her son Jason's testimonies regarding his first account of "abuse": Blanca said that she witnessed Jason sitting on MJ's leg as he read Jason a book and she grabbed him and left, and Jason initially admitted this in his police interrogation, but in 2005 he testified that he and MJ rolled on the floor before the tickling games began! Jason also testified that there was a TV in the room, but Blanca did not mention one in her testimony. (You can read this post to see a full analysis of Jason Francia's testimony.) Also, during her testimony Blanca said she couldn't remember if her friend Evangeline tried to set up the interview with the National Enquirer in 1994, until Mesereau showed her the deposition transcript, and the jury laughed at her (after she said "Oh", in recognition of what she said in 1994)!
  • Blanca also admitted that MJ had children and adults in his bedroom at all hours of the day and night, and when children slept in his bed, there were many of them, not just one! She also testified that MJ called lots of children "Applehead" and "Rubba", and had tickling games with them, including his own cousins, nieces, and nephews!
Finally, here is a photo of Blanca with Victor Gutierrez, who used her and other Neverland employees as a source for his science fiction book "Michael Jackson Was My Lover", which we thoroughly debunked beginning with this post.
Read a lottttt more about it at the link. Like, literally every line of testimony.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
If he was ever proven guilty, yes.

I have trouble seperating art from the artist in general because of my own...how to put it...life experiences, so if he was proven guilty I could listen to his songs or play them on piano/guitar etc and in my head i'd find it impossible to not make the assossciation. That said i'm super skeptical this documentary will be anything of substance but if people have genuine concerns etc then by all means investigate em

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Most of us lived through the years of innuendo and the highly public 2005 trial. He was smeared and dragged by the press and public despite the verdict, I know I've already processed and wrestled with this topic years ago after going over the evidence. There would have to be some pretty damning and concrete revelations in this documentary, and definitely not worth getting preemptively outraged over without more information.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Now we're finding the allegations credible again....? This has been a long back and forth and I don't know what to think...
No, we're not. At least, I'm not.

It's just really unfortunate that big-splash media pieces like this documentary and Martin Bashir's thing get so much attention and make so much money while the truth quietly shows itself in the lack of evidence, the acquittals, the testimony.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
There was already a 10 year investigation and they found nothing, unless there's new evidence I'm calling bullshit

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
There's been too many twists and turns in this, so unless the documentary provides new evidence, it's going to be hard to sway my opinion.

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
I will still listen to MJ.
I will still eat at Chick-fil-a.
I will still watch the Cosby Show.
I will still watch Kevin Spacey movies.

Tirisfal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
Why do they keep trying this? I hate to play the race card but goddamn... a black man gets way too big for this world and they gotta try everything to rip him down

He was one of the best to ever do it. Get over it. Yes I'm biased. No, I don't care.

Snazz

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I always distance an artists personal life from their body of work, so I honestly won't let any news story affect what I listen to, read or watch.

Plus I've never been a big MJ fan anyway so this documentary has zero effect on me, #mute or otherwise.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I doubt these new accusations will be any more credible than all the other ones before it.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Not guilty is not the same as innocent. I am not going to say he was a pedo, but I think I can live without his music just in case.

Micheal spent the last decade of his life being the butt of every pedophile joke people could think of. R. Kelly had multiple pieces of hard evidence of him being a pedo (including video) and his whole damn industry either turned a blind eye or outright defended him.

If this doc has solid evidence of him being a predator, then sure, a conversation about his influence should happen, but to frame this discussion with a comparision to Kelly is disengenious.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just more of the same lies and fabrications being repeated against him again to make some money.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
Guy is dead.

I don't give a shit. Nobody is going to be hurt by me listening to an MP3 of Black or White I pirated 10 years ago.

Micheal spent the last decade of his life being the butt of every pedophile joke people could think of. R. Kelly had multiple pieces of hard evidence of him being a pedo (including video) and his whole damn industry either turned a blind eye or outright defended him.

If this doc has solid evidence of him being a predator, then sure, a conversation about his influence should happen, but to frame this discussion with a comparision to Kelly is disengenious.

This is a great post as well.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine an alternate reality where Era boycotts Bloodbourne XD

lmao that's proof enough this can be the only universe. there's no reality where ERA doesn't worship Bloodborne.

Although everyone knows Lovecraft was an abhorrent racist but I also his works have been so interpreted and added to over the years i have no idea "whats his" vs what is someone else's lense looking at his work, which is what BB is to me.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. Most people her seemed to jump on drake for sending a message to that younger actress. So I assume they will jump on MJ just for hanging out with kids.

I don't know what to believe with MJ anymore besides the fact that he is a legendary artist

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Not guilty is not the same as innocent. I am not going to say he was a pedo, but I think I can live without his music just in case.

Two sentences that when mixed together produce a bowl full of dumb. But everyone has the right to feel how they want to about it.
Besides once the doc drops, ERA is going to gleefully exhume his corpse just to piss on it again.

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I assume every famous person to be evil (and possibly reptilian) until proven otherwise so nothing will change in how I view MJ, shamone. Given the track record of dubious accusations against jacko, i'm not expecting this docu to reveal anything different but let's see.

Oct 29, 2017
This is tricky. Everyone who was around R. Kelly never defended him. They either said they looked the other way or said he was an victim too. In Michael Jackson's situation, many people have outright refuted his allegations. Corey Feldman and Ron Newt come from different walks of life and we're around Jackson during that time. Both stated that they never seen anything.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
There is damning evidence against rkelly. I never recall anything concrete proof with mj. Just people thinking it must be true because "he acts weird" and "is friends with kids"

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Unless there's video evidence of him molesting kids I'll never quit listening his music.

Status
Not open for further replies.