• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 16, 2017
Error-Code-0x80004005.jpg.webp

What the hell is this? This has been going on for decades now I'm sure. Whenever you do something in Windows and you get an error message like this. The FIRST thing you would try doing is search Google and see what people say about the error, and yet for some preposterous reason, you cannot copy the error code and paste it direct from the pop up box. You have to manually retype the error code into Google. Is this the STUPIDEST part of Windows OS? I am sure it is.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The woes of having to type something yourself haha.

Oh sweet sweet child...

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
how long is the file path?
this happens to me with folders/files that have long paths or long names. renaming helps

edit: on second thought, i dont think you were asking for help with this

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
No. Pop-ups you can't minimize.
No. Windows that don't show up in the task bar. For example when you go to device manager and open the details of a device, that new window is no in the task bar. And Windows won't let you close the device manager until you close these "invisible" windows. It's dumb

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
You can copy from Event Viewer but yeah. I hate it too.

Error code 123 copy is an option.
Error code kjshfowkurf2bori2678v502i7rtwberofuhwf42i? No copy.

philipnorth

Oct 31, 2017
I cant see the image, but I do know that there are quite a few errors where you can actually select the window(Make it active) and then press ctrl+ C and it copies the entire text... (so you can ctrl+v it)

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
You can copy from Event Viewer but yeah. I hate it too.

Error code 123 copy is an option.
Error code kjshfowkurf2bori2678v502i7rtwberofuhwf42i? No copy.

If it's in the event viewer, it will have an Event ID, which is another reference that can be searched for a solution.