Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I am surprised Emmerich hasn't been cancelled yet considering he was a regular at Bryan Singer's parties and part of that inner circle.

Also he fucking sucks and Midway looks like shit.

Oct 25, 2017
5xgk5xtagkx31.png

I still haven't forgiven Jon Favreau for this soulless abomination.

Oct 31, 2017
Prediction updates from BO

Charlie's Angels keeps going down, now predicting 18MM OW and 45-70MM LTD. Movie looks like ass, so I'm not surprised.
Knives Out has gone up, now predicting 18MM OW and 70-105MM LTD. I'm looking forward to this one. Matter of fact I think this and Ford v Ferrari are the only movies I'm watching until TROS.

Oct 25, 2017

Charlie's Angels keeps going down, now predicting 18MM OW and 45-70MM LTD. Movie looks like ass, so I'm not surprised.
Knives Out has gone up, now predicting 18MM OW and 70-105MM LTD. I'm looking forward to this one. Matter of fact I think this and Ford v Ferrari are the only movies I'm watching until TROS.
In the theater or in general?

Marriage Story and The Irishman, breh

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

ContractHolder and I will be repping this movie, please take your negativity away from my girl Ella

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I could see Knives Out breaking out in a big way. It will play to an older crowd that eat up the genre and dont get a ton if movies aimed at them.

Wouldnt surprise me to see it do big numbers like Murder On the Orient Ezpress 2017 did.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Doctor Sleep would have done better if rather then being a sequel to the shining book AND movie, it would just be one to the classic Simpsons tree-house of horror segment .

It might still do better then Dr Doolittle though .

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Dark Fate is not as good as I expected, but it's alot of fun. I don't mind if the franchise is dead because the movie does provide a closure of sort.

Nov 13, 2017
Hot take: WB have over estimated just how many people have seen The Shining. Everyone considers it a classic, but like Citizen Kane, not many people have seen it.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
HOW IN THE FUCK DOES EMMERICH'S SHIT MAKE MONEY?

Is it because it's Veterans Day weekend?

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
You are all forgetting it's Veterans Day weekend. That's the only reason Midway is tracking better than Doctor Sleep. Although, idk if The Shining has the same popularity as It.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: WB have over estimated just how many people have seen The Shining. Everyone considers it a classic, but like Citizen Kane, not many people have seen it.

I dont think it's even that hot of a take. I don't think releasing a few weeks ago would have made much of a difference. Good, popular horror films perform well at the BO at all times of the year. I just don't think DrSleep/The Shining has the kind of appeal the execs at WB and some of the people in this thread think it does.

Nov 13, 2017
I dont think it's even that hot of a take. I don't think releasing a few weeks ago would have made much of a difference. Good, popular horror films perform well at the BO at all times of the year. I just don't think DrSleep/The Shining has the kind of appeal the execs at WB and some of the people in this thread think it does.
Yeah. The title of the movie also isn't helping.

And the trailers. Marketing it as a Stranger Things "rescue the kid that has telekineses" movie instead of a horror movie. Dumb.

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, Marriage Story and The Two Popes are actually getting a theatrical release in two separate indie theaters near me.

Neat.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I was told it had a low enough budget that it would make it's money back.

I am sad.
Deadline said the budget was $48mm. Yeah, it probably won't.

Sony failed at reviving MIB and Charlie's Angels this year. Back to diving in their film library for new potential tentpoles, I guess.

Bewitched (not a modern version take like the Will Farrell trash) with Margot Robbie would have my attention

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
We had an agreement as a thread to free him from his avatar after Chris Jericho had Don Jr on his podcast and revealed himself to be a maga chud.
Ah, that makes sense.

However, a bet is a bet. Just because he has a good reason to not wear the Jericho one, that doesn't mean he shouldn't wear one of the other ones for the remainder.

Namely mine, since it, you know, actually had something to do with the MCU beating Cameron and Avatar. :P

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Shame that Doctor Sleep isn't doing well, it's damn good. Saw Midway after it - I always like to see 2 movies per cinema trip to make the most of having to get a taxi there - and I don't think I've ever had an experience that's gone from one extreme to another to that extent. Midway was fucking embarrassing. I could write better dialogue, and I'm an idiot. I quite like a few of Emmerich's movies - Independence Day, Day After Tomorrow, Stargate, Universal Soldier etc. - the dialogue has never been the greatest, but it was never as bad and cliche riddled as that in Midway. Nobody sounded natural. Ed Skrein's accent sounded like it was hurting him at times, how could anyone think it sounded anything other than fake? The "character" they gave him was a dude who chewed gum, didn't play be the rules, and was a bit sad when a guy he knew for about 10 seconds died. Hell, he seemed more sad after the death of that random airman than he did in identifying the body of a close friend of his. Patrick Wilson's character was introduced as an intelligence man who was trying to warn the US about a Pearl Harbour-type attack when he walked into a room after the attack started and his superior officer just blurts out "...and here's the man we should have listened to all along", or something to that effect. It was such a clumsy way to write that into a scene, just embarrassingly bad.
Every character was paper thin, so the admittedly good looking battle scenes held absolutely zero excitement or tension. I just couldn't bring myself to give a shit.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Deadline said the budget was $48mm. Yeah, it probably won't.

Sony failed at reviving MIB and Charlie's Angels this year. Back to diving in their film library for new potential tentpoles, I guess.

Bewitched (not a modern version take like the Will Farrell trash) with Margot Robbie would have my attention

Shame. Oh well. I'll enjoy it for what it is. I always have a weakness for these kinds of films.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I am surprised Emmerich hasn't been cancelled yet considering he was a regular at Bryan Singer's parties and part of that inner circle.

Also he fucking sucks and Midway looks like shit.
Cancel culture is a myth. Weinstein and Polanski haven't even been cancelled yet. Neither are in jail and Polanski still making films and still getting new rape allegations spring up. Emmerich is small fry in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.