Status
Not open for further replies.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Is there any tracking info on Cats? This seems like it has potential for the biggest bomb ever written all over it. Do we know the budget?

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Did we ban the site that said that Frozen 2 wasn't going to make a billion dollar?

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Cats can't even leave a scratch on the box office.

... I'm not apologizing for that.

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Did they really think "Cats" would preform like "Greatest Showman"? The former has been a used as a punchline for decades in popular culture while still being popular enough to keep touring. I would think it'd do ok with older people who liked the musical itself, but it's not going to grow by WoM (I'd think) when all its music has already been around forever. "Showman" had new music to get new fans, regardless of its quality as a movie.

Is Playmobil doing worse than Oogieloves or Delgo?

less

Oct 25, 2017
Parasite holding well. Probably could crawl to $25 million if it isn't removed. Would be tough but it is possible.

Ford vs Ferrari going to hit $100 million which is great. <3

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Did they really think "Cats" would preform like "Greatest Showman"? The former has been a used as a punchline for decades in popular culture while still being popular enough to keep touring. I would think it'd do ok with older people who liked the musical itself, but it's not going to grow by WoM (I'd think) when all its music has already been around forever. "Showman" had new music to get new fans, regardless of its quality as a movie.

Is Playmobil doing worse than Oogieloves or Delgo?

But Taylor Swift

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad to see the Jumanji numbers, its a real fun movie I plan on seeing at least one more in theaters.

Oct 25, 2017
The one thing for Richard Jewell is that it could have okay legs through the holiday.

I am surprised Fox News hasn't been trying to get people to see Clint's new movie in droves

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It utterly baffles me that they can't seem to get a Wicked movie off the ground. Disney should just wait for the rights to expire and make it animated. They've already tried twice to have their piece of the Oz pie.

I still have no idea why anyone thought the way they went with Cats was a good idea. It's an insane idea I need to see at some point, but it's like the worst possible way of doing it. At least if they just dresses everyone up in costumes like the show it'd be way cheaper.

Oct 25, 2017
Social Media Embargo ends tomorrow

I am hoping for good things not just for the movie but so the discourse does not get any worse than it already is.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
The fact that someone greenlit a $300 million dollar Cats film is proof that the people Hollywood are no smarter than you or me. Therefore, I should be running Hollywood so I can greenlit a $300 million live action theatrical version of the lion king broadway play

I am now receiving news that the $300 million budget report was a joke

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that someone greenlit a $300 million dollar Cats film is proof that the people Hollywood are no smarter than you or me. Therefore, I should be running Hollywood so I can greenlit a $300 million live action theatrical version of the lion king broadway play
I am still so fucking angry Disney turned their noses up at Julia Tambor.

Would her The Lion King have been good? Possibly

Would it have been more interesting and less fucking cynical than the Favreau movie? Fuck yes

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the movie getting negative press hurt it a bit.

What Eastwood did to Scruggs is so gross.

The world should move on from Clint Eastwood

Everything about that movie looked boring as shit tbh. Something about Eastwood movies always exude that to me, but maybe this time it was a bridge too far for most people. Anecdotal, but the showing of Knives Out that I went to was very much an older crowd. Wonder if that and Ford V Ferrari just jacked Eastwood's audience.

Oct 25, 2017
I have thought about writing a screenplay for a few years now and one of the ideas I had was a horror movie where the villain is basically Dirty Harry. A cop who plays by his own rules and a local government that claims to be reigning him and but does not actually give a shit. He'd be a trigger happy overly masculine lawman who cared not for the collateral damage and the community of various factions that fears and despises him. Its meant as a repudiation of the mythology of the heroic lone lawman and the masculine ideals of Clint Eastwood's time.

I could never really develop further on that. I also felt it might have been insensitive to current events of police violence and brutality.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Everything about that movie looked boring as shit tbh. Something about Eastwood movies always exude that to me, but maybe this time it was a bridge too far for most people. Anecdotal, but the showing of Knives Out that I went to was very much an older crowd. Wonder if that and Ford V Ferrari just jacked Eastwood's audience.
The Tom Hanks Sully movie wasn't good. Dude showed the crash 6 times and wasted a Tom Hanks performance.

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
We're finally in the SW week, it should perform exceptionally as the last movie of the saga, I hope the leaks are untrue or TLJ would looks like a masterpiece compared to it, verdict in 48h from now.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're finally in the SW week, it should perform exceptionally as the last movie of the saga, I hope the leaks are untrue or TLJ would looks like a masterpiece compared to it, verdict in 48h from now.
Get this nonsense out of this thread. Other threads might be stupid enough to fall for spoilers panic but not this one.

Remember the insane meltdowns this forum, reddit, etc had over Endgame spoilers? No one has time for this hot take.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Probably can't see Star Wars until January. Wished it released last Friday I would have saw it this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.