• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coco will crawl to $800-850m probably? I think the film has a good chance of over performing in Japan.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
My dear American friends, please don't forget that next weekend you'll still have a chance to go see Greatest Showman, Jumanji or... I don't know, let's say that Peter Rabbit thing.
Plus Justice League is out digitally. Hooray!
What's that? There's something else coming out? No need to rush, whatever it is, you'll still be able to see it in the following weeks I'm sure.

I said 137 mil dammit, and I feel like you guys are getting too excited. I want those Steam bucks!
All right, all right, I forgive you in advance.

Oct 25, 2017
Coco making good money is so great. I was scared after Moana didn't do as well. It probably gained Disney a ton of goodwill in Mexico too.

Oct 25, 2017
I am gonna watch the shit out of The 15-17 to Paris once it comes to Redbox.

I need to experience this shit. People have compared this to both The Room and those shitty Christian movies

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
So Jumanji is #5 worldwide for 2017. Just passed Spidey, only trails:

1. Star Wars
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Fast and Furious
4. Despicable me 3

The Rock says this... cast the people's champ as Genie in the upcoming Aladdin film, and allow him to whoop some jabroni jedi ass in the new Star Wars!

And who says a Minion can't be jacked?

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So Jumanji is #4 worldwide for 2017. Just passed Spidey, only trails:

1. Star Wars
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Fast and Furious

The Rock says this... cast the people's champ as Genie in the upcoming Aladdin film, and allow him to whoop some jabroni jedi ass in the new Star Wars!

Genie is already Will Smith, which is a pretty big draw himself.

Oct 30, 2017
The legs on Jumanji and The Greatest Showman, only a 10 and 16 percentage drop, damn, that is insane. These were Christmas movies!

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Genie is already Will Smith, which is a pretty big draw himself.

I know. The Rock is a bigger draw and more charismatic doe, also still in his prime. whatever smith ain't a bad choice, but I'm sure Disney is looking to get Rock in one of those Disney live action remakes ASAP.

and I know Rock expressed interest in doing a Star Wars film. considering there's about a fuckzillion star wars flicks in the works, what's one more? I want to see a jacked jedi do his thing.

OP
OP
kswiston

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
So Jumanji is #4 worldwide for 2017. Just passed Spidey, only trails:

1. Star Wars
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Fast and Furious

It is 5th. You forgot about Despicable Me 3, which also topped $1B

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
When I sat in my near-empty theater for The Greatest Showman on release date while all the little kiddies filed into Pitch Perfect 3 next door I never in my wildest dreams thought it'd be hanging out in the top 5 months later.

♪A MILLION DREAMS FOR THE WORLD WE'RE GONNA MAKE♪

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I googled him 2ish months back, seems he stopped making videos. Maybe he realized he was insane.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Must be a piece of work if someone can say "that guy" and everyone immediately knows who.

My parents are deeply upset 15:17 reviewed poorly. They're still planning on seeing it though.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Peter Rabbit is going to outgross Paddington 2 in the states by a disgusting amount, isn't it?

tenor.gif

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
i was thinking...

what with the success of jumanji and the greatest showman over christmas being good quality highly enjoyable family movies, a critically well received mary poppins with good word of mouth this christmas is going to print money

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
I know. The Rock is a bigger draw and more charismatic doe, also still in his prime. whatever smith ain't a bad choice, but I'm sure Disney is looking to get Rock in one of those Disney live action remakes ASAP.

and I know Rock expressed interest in doing a Star Wars film. considering there's about a fuckzillion star wars flicks in the works, what's one more? I want to see a jacked jedi do his thing.

The Rock is doing a Jungle Cruise movie for Disney with Emily Blunt.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Again, if you said a year ago that a Jumanji sequel would beat MCU SPIDER-MAN domestically and worldwide, you would be laughed at and shamed.

Ready for the box office reign of Black Panther though. All hail the king.
It beat every single superhero film of the last two years besides Civil War. If you made that prediction at the end of 2015, you'd be rightfully institutionalised.

I just realised that Jumanji is going to pass 900M without opening in Japan. How close can it get to a billion if Japan falls in love with it?

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the third shades movie is going to make 300m WW. The second one had a better OW (about 50m versus about 40 on this one), and ended up with roughly 400m WW, so it's safe to bet on this one ending on 300-350m, but I suspect it's not going to be that typical these days.

edit: oh, I saw a Kermode review on 15 to 17. I figured that meant it would be like a real movie... brb, checking.
edit2: it's just disappointingly boring, apparently. Not even worth a rant.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit at them Jumanji legs. What in the world happened here. Impressive stuff.

Just 3 more days till the king arrives though!

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Jumanji running marathons when everyone else is going for a sprint

Saw Maze Runner 3 this weekend, enjoyed it
Quite surprised that budget is so small given the film is very effects heavy and they had production issues with Dylan getting injured

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I typically like Clint's movies, but man, that Train to Paris trailer ... "I dunno man... you ever, like, think we're supposed to be working toward something greater in life?" Yikes. Just awful.

Dench

Nov 26, 2017
I think everyone was confused by the MeToo mention in the report. I assumed it was related to one of the crew, not the content of the film.

Despite that ambiguity you just immediately accused someone of conflating sex and sexual assault.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are putting way more thought into this box office report than the author did.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
The controversy is it portrays an unhealthy relationship while masking it as BDSM.

Well I don't know anything about the movie beyond the whips and chains stuff. But what does "unhealthy relationship" mean? The comment I was responding to said that it glorified "sexual assault" (which I figured was just missing the point of BDSM). Did the girl in the film not want to participate or something?

I took "sexual assault" to mean consensual abuse since the film is about BDSM....not rape or something.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie. I contributed to Fifty Shades and Peter Rabbit thanks to Moviepass.

I wonder if the editors of Fifty Shades saw the film; this chick is wearing a completely different outfit one scene to the next. The audience noticed and started cracking up.

Peter Rabbit was alright, but idk if I'm saying this because Fifty Shades was ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.