Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't decide what is more alarming about the MIB trailers. That the actors all look and seem bored out of their minds or that none of the jokes land at all.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Dune will do $500 million worldwide.

Actually, that's my hope. It'll probably do more like $350m. No way to tell this early lol.

In a perfect world. These two Dune movies would be complete breakouts, and Denis would do Messiah and Children as well.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm out of the loop, how is the Endgame vs Avatar fight going?.
tumblr_mq5tf9AaFb1sw4edno1_500.gif

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017

Actually, that's my hope. It'll probably do more like $350m. No way to tell this early lol.

In a perfect world. These two Dune movies would be complete breakouts, and Denis would do Messiah and Children as well.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm hoping it does at least $350m but that may be a stretch ☹️

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
banderas7mkb2.gif

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it had an identical drop to IW it would be 5.54.
If it only has a 40% drop it will be 4.8m.

Now just curious if it dipped below $1m yesterday

Crazy that the biggest MCU movie, it's opening was the recipe for it's demise which shattered it's legs. Which is completely understandable for how big it opened. But a lot of people thought that the culmination of the saga would stretch it's legs but instead it ultimately cut them short, very short.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Crazy that the biggest MCU movie, it's opening was the recipe for it's demise which shattered it's legs. Which is completely understandable for how big it opened. But a lot of people thought that the culmination of the saga would stretch it's legs but instead it ultimately cut them short, very short.
You have a very weird definition of demise.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017

I'm a Dune stan. No one stans harder than Dune stans.

It most likely won't get to one billion. However, I've been waiting for a good dune adaptation for so long, and this is shaping up to be the perfect one. I'd rather bet one billion and have fun along the way than make a boring prediction like 500M. Hell, I'm going to do a billion WW dune avatar bet too.

At least I stan for "my" movies unlike Surfinn who won't commit to TRoS avatar bet for top domestic all time.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You have a very weird definition of demise.

I guess I have to explain myself for the 2049th time. So here we go:

I never said Endgame was a failure. I never said Endgame making $2.7b was a failure. I never said Endgames run at the box office wasn't impressive.

What I did say though and I'll translate "demise" as in it didn't have enough steam to beat AVATAR. Clear? Ok good.

If you've been following what I've been saying along with others here you'd understand.

I know you're an MCU fan so I get your response. But so am I, I saw it 3 times.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a Dune stan. No one stans harder than Dune stans.

It most likely won't get to one billion. However, I've been waiting for a good dune adaptation for so long, and this is shaping up to be the perfect one. I'd rather bet one billion and have fun along the way than make a boring prediction like 500M. Hell, I'm going to do a billion WW dune avatar bet too.

At least I stan for "my" movies unlike Surfinn who won't commit to TRoS avatar bet for top domestic all time.
But Dune is so boring

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Could it be the marketing so good that it made people rush in to see it the first 2 weeks - which is the time movies get the most profit in the theater.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will have a lower multiplier especially because of how huge it opened, it's simple math lmao

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I guess I have to explain myself for the 2049th time. So here we go:

I never said Endgame was a failure. I never said Endgame making $2.7b was a failure. I never said Endgames run at the box office wasn't impressive.

What I did say though and I'll translate "demise" as in it didn't have enough steam to beat AVATAR. Clear? Ok good.

If you've been following what I've been saying along with others here you'd understand.

I know you're an MCU fan so I get your response. But so am I, I saw it 3 times.
If you have to explain yourself that many times maybe you're using the wrong words

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Denis could have the same budget he did on Blade Runner 2049 and still be minimum $50m below the budget of John Carter. More like $75-100m below.

I've always wondered why John Carter cost so much...

Stanton denied assertions that he had gone over budget and stated that he had been allowed a longer reshoot because he had stayed on budget and on time.[31] However, he did admit to reshooting much of the movie twice

wat.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Ah yes, the X-Men film that had all of these production issues and decided to have it's Embargo lift a mere day before release is going to review well. That's a good chuckle.

I'll at least give it benefit of the doubt that the review embargo isn't on the day it releases. So it could have been worst.

Wonder if it will hit the 58% X-Men The Last Stand did... Or if it's going to be lower than the 47% of Apocalypse.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Ah yes, the X-Men film that had all of these production issues and decided to have it's Embargo lift a mere day before release is going to review well. That's a good chuckle.

I'll at least give it benefit of the doubt that the review embargo isn't on the day it releases. So it could have been worst.

Wonder if it will hit the 58% X-Men The Last Stand did... Or if it's going to be lower than the 47% of Apocalypse.
It's Disney now, they'll pay the critics to get it to 90% 😉

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Think I will catch DP in cinema. I even enjoyed Apocalypse as bad as it was. And most of the others were legitimately enjoyable. So why not I guess

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

He probably won't even get to do part two of the first book (I'm expecting Dune to under-perform like Blade Runner 2049).

Status
Not open for further replies.