• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I've literally watched 5 seconds of the video and I hear Carpenter Brut start playing..I'm already in..now I need to watch the whole thing lol

Followup: Yes, looks fun!

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Main characters strike me as mildly insufferable. BJ was the best part of the previous games. It's cool they're moving on to something else... but this? Eaargh.

I'll check it out though, despite the last two games really not doing it for me.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
After how awful the second game was I'm no longer hyped for machine games output but I'll wait for a deep sale. Wolf 2 is the most mediocre SP FPS I've played this gen

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Whoever decided to use Turbo Killer for this trailer deserves a fuckin' raise

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Wolf 1 was GOAT, and the satnd alone DLC was nice too. Wold 2 was a huge dissapointment and step back from Work 1. I am very cautious and will buy depending on reviews.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Seems like more New Colossus but with coop.

npNdEw2.gif
I mean that's the point, this isn't supposed to be Wolfenstein 3 but rather 2.5 so they can test stuff out.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I mean that's the point, this isn't supposed to be Wolfenstein 3 but rather 2.5 so they can test stuff out.
Exactly. This one seems to be expanding on the Uberkommandant system from TNC, being able to revisit older levels with new objectives, with more explorable hub areas and there's also an RPG progression system in place.

I wouldn't be surprised if they brought this stuff over to Wolfenstein 3 too.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I wasn't much of a fan of Wolfenstein 2 (loved the story but gameplay just felt 'off'). But I am definitely feeling like buying this game.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
All you people so excited to attack these very fine people smh so much for the tolerant left!

Oct 27, 2017
When I first heard it was a spin-off I was worried but this looks like a full blown sequel. I'm fucking in.

I just hope we get another game with BJ in the future. I want him to make jokes about how he is getting old.

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
I hope this is a step up from the weird diffculty and level design in TNC. Either way I cannot wait to see what they do with the narrative.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
Good trailer. Wolf 2 had a great story though, it was the level design and combat that was bad. Hopefully Arkane helped with the level design here, they're pretty great at it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
When I first heard it was a spin-off I was worried but this looks like a full blown sequel. I'm fucking in.

I just hope we get another game with BJ in the future. I want him to make jokes about how he is getting old.
Wolfenstein 3 is almost certainly happening at some point. I'm hoping we get a tease at this E3. Can't wait to go up against Mecha-Hitler.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
TNC certainly had some big fumbles with level and encounter design compared to TNO, but I thought everything else was pretty good.

Still excited for this, just hoping Machinegames can address those issues.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
There are plenty of YouTube videos that go in depth with Wolf 2s many shortcomings

There is plenty of YouTube videos about shortcomings of any game under the sun.

I liked Wolf 2 quite a bit, but I kinda can understand hate for it as pacing of combat was quite different from 1st. It was clear that devs were trying out something new when people expected more of the old.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Looks good. I only ask one thing:

Please, be like "The Old Blood", just one level afther another, without boring "return to base" parts.

Counterpoint: I liked the "Return to Base" parts. The characters, interaction, and story were my favorite parts of the game.

Given the co-op nature of the game, though, I think they'll probably try and cut down on the downtime.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the twins are as interesting as BJ was. The trailer was kinda campy.

his narration/POV was one of my favorite parts of wolf 1 and 2

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks awesome, but I'm hoping it's improved from the last one. Mainly in regards to the level and combat design, which was two weak points for me with The New Colossus.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Still weird to me that they would end they way 2 ended and then jump forward so much in time, no Wolfenstein 3 I'm guessing.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Absolutely in, this looks very, very good. So awesome to see the daughters of TNC interacting with each other.

Day one.

Though one thing that's annoying me is it seems weapons/helicopters etc look straight out of New Order/New Colossus? Doesn't this take places in the 80's? Where's all the new tech? lol
Diminishing returns on technology, perhaps?

Still weird to me that they would end they way 2 ended and then jump forward so much in time, no Wolfenstein 3 I'm guessing.
I can't remember where I read it, but apparently this does not replace a hypothetical Wolfenstein 3. If one wants Wolf 3, I'd say support this all the way.