S9OSmqI.jpg

uagUfiJ.jpg

System Requirements
Minimum PC Requirements
PC Recommended Specs
Operating System
Windows® 7 64-bitWindows® 10 64-bit
Processor
4 Cores, 3.0 GHz processor 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Haswell AMD Ryzen™ Zen6 Cores, 3.5 GHz processor 8th Generation Intel® Core™ Coffee Lake AMD Ryzen™ Zen 2
Video
DirectX® 12 capable 3 GB GPU NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 900 series AMD™ GCN 4th gen Intel® Iris® Xe GraphicsDirectX® 12 capable 8 GB GPU NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX AMD RDNA™ 2 Intel® Arc™ 7 Graphics
Memory
8 GB RAM16 GB RAM
Minimum Mac Requirements
Recommended Mac Specs
Operating System
macOS® 10.15macOS® 12 (latest version)
Processor
4 Cores, 2.9 GHz processor 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Skylake Apple® M18 Cores, 3.6 GHz processor 9th Generation Intel® Core™ Coffee Lake Apple® M1 Max
Video
Metal® capable 3 GB GPU AMD™ GCN 4th gen Apple® M1Metal® capable 8 GB GPU AMD RDNA™ Apple® M1 Max
Memory
8 GB Ram16 GB RAM

Global Release times
RFAQE0Y.jpg

Editions
bqfSdaT.png

AW7oscx.jpg

Rv3OEbd.png

M26D6RU.jpg

tx0YLgt.png
New Race/Class Combo: Dracthyr Evoker
tx0YLgt.png

Dragonflight offers the first-ever class/race combo in World of Warcraft: Dracthyr Evokers.
A race/class combo means only Dracthyr can be Evokers and Evokers can only be Dracthyr.
  • Hero Class: Dracthyr Evokers start out at level 58, jumping right into Dragonflight content after their starting area.
  • Specs: Devastation (Mid-Range DPS) and Preservation (Healer).
  • Available Armor: Mail
  • Dracthyr Evokers are able to switch freely between two customizable forms: A humanoid visage, and a draconic form to battle foes and overcome obstacles. However, they are locked into their Draconic form in combat. Their Draconic form allows them to glide through obstacles, much like Demon Hunters.
  • Dracthyr Evokers are able to channel the draconic power of the five dragonflights, charging their attacks and unleashing them at the right time to maximize their effects.
  • As a Hero class, Evokers get a unique starting experience. They awaken at the Forbidden Reach after millennia asleep, learn how to use their abilities, then they join the Horde or the Alliance depending on which faction they picked.

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/d2AAyYt3pdvUyVyR6I

tx0YLgt.png
New System: Dragonriding
tx0YLgt.png

Links:
Wowhead Dragonriding Guide
Dragonflight Dragonriding System Guides - WoW 10.0 - Races, Customization, Talents, and More!

A new system coming in Dragonflight, Dragonriding allows you to befriend dragons in each of the Dragon Isles zones, and ride them. Dragonriding serves as an alternative to flying available Day 1 of Dragonflight, requiring players to learn how to master momentum and gravity to reach the highest peaks of the Dragon Isles.
  • Dragonriding is NOT a replacement to flying.
  • You will be able to befriend 4 types of Dragons for Dragonriding: a Proto-Dragon, a Ptero-Dragon, a Wyvern and a Drake.
  • Earn special glyphs and use a talent tree to get benefits to flying like mastery over momentum, gravity, and fighting against exhaustion and the pull of the earth.
  • Glyphs are account wide! But make sure to pick your talents again when using alt characters.
  • At max level, you are able to continue further increasing your Dragonriding skills, as well as customize your four dragons. Known customizations include snouts, tails, horns and dragon armor.
6336ee1e91a9f53cfcf8e351.gif

tx0YLgt.png
System Revamps
tx0YLgt.png

Dragonflight has a lot of system revamps planned - new talent trees, a new HUD, and even a big revamp for professions!

Talent Tree Revamp
One of the revamps players will see in Dragonflight is a completely revamped Talent Tree. They have come up with a talent tree that provides players with a wider set of options.

Talent Tree System Revamp in World of Warcraft: Dragonflight
Blizzard Talent Tree Overview
  • Talent trees similar to pre-Mists of Pandaria time are making a return, allowing players a wide array of options.
  • Two talent trees will be available - A class utility that spans all your specializations, and a specialization talent tree that expresses what role that specialization does.
  • You start with a few points already pre-filled on the class talent tree to start out. You gain a new point every time you level.
  • You will be able to save chosen builds and load them easily, allowing you to quickly swap between scenarios like going from your raid build to jumping to the arena.
  • The objective of the new talent trees is to return power to the players, allowing them to make a lot of choices without fully committing to a talent choice.
HUD Revamp
The original WoW HUD is also receiving an upgrade - The first upgrade since the game's launch in 2004. Players now have larger monitors, and the developers have better tools to revamp the UI to accommodate those.
  • The new HUD features things like bigger health bars and maps, as well as the ability to move UI elements around without the assistance of addons.
  • Each individual element of the HUD will be customizable, and you will have options to save, edit and copy new elements.
  • Customizations can also differ between specializations, in case you prefer a different UI style depending on what spec you're on.
  • Some of the clutter of the old UI was removed, to give the new HUD a more minimalistic feel.
  • Some cosmetic elements received upgrades - Like the gryphon and wyvern that adorn the skill bars have received new appearances!

Professions Revamp
Professions have been completely reworked. For a more in-depth review, see the links below.
Blizzard Professions Overview

Wowhead Professions review

Professions have been a staple of World of Warcraft since the intial launch in 2004, with Professions never receiving a huge overhaul. Some revamps are planned for Dragonflight, as a way to try and tie professions more to player identity.
  • Crafting Orders: This new profession feature allows players to request others to craft something for them, even if you don't have the right profession to craft it. There will be a browsing option for recipes that can be crafted, even including reagents only you can get your hands on. You'll be able to either find someone in front of you to craft, or interact with an NPC to browse Crafting Orders using a UI similar to that of the Auction House.
  • No More Profession-Exclusive Crafts: In the past, crafting professions would have access to high end Soulbound profession crafts. With the Crafting Orders UI, anyone can access these profession exclusive crafts now!
  • Return of Specializations: A staple of professions in the past, specializations are returning! Collect specialization points to learn powerful weapon and armor types.
Rv3OEbd.png

3OfbNEt.jpg

Awakening the Isles
After being hidden for 10,000 years due to the War of the Ancients, the Dragon Isles, home to the Dragon Aspects and all dragon-kind, reveals itself on Azeroth. On the Isle, in an area known as the Forbidden Reach, a race of dragon-like warriors known as the dracthyr awaken from a 20,000 year slumber. Confused about their situation, they discover their storage was caused by their master, Neltharion (Deathwing), who feared the potential power they could possess if they weren't under his control. As they find their bearings, the dracthyr encounter enemy primal proto-dragons who wish to end the reign of the Aspects. In the ensuing battles, members of the Primalists release their leader, Raszageth the Storm-Eater, who was sealed away by Neltharion as he gave in to the corruption of N'zoth millennia ago. Without their Black Dragonflight master, the dracthyr side with the Horde and Alliance to fight back against their ancient enemy and find their place in their new home.

The Dragonflights
1084901.jpg
1084898.jpg

1084899.jpg
1084897.jpg

1084900.jpg

Rv3OEbd.png

FR7VaNI.jpg

www.youtube.com

Dragonflight Legacies: Chapter One

Nozdormu, Aspect of the Bronze Dragonflight, encounters a disoriented warrior with fragmented memories. Sensing the warrior’s importance, Nozdormu seeks to g...
www.youtube.com

Dragonflight Legacies: Chapter Two

Nozdormu transports Emberthal, the DracThyr warrior, back in time to witness crucial moments in the history of the Dragon Aspects. A cautionary tale of both ...
www.youtube.com

Dragonflight Legacies: Chapter Three

Having shown Emberthal the Dragon Aspects’ rise and fall, Nozdormu takes her on a final trip back through time… so that she may unlock the mysteries of her o...

Trailers
www.youtube.com

Dragonflight Launch Cinematic "Take to the Skies" | World of Warcraft

Take to the skies with the dragonflights of Azeroth as they return to the Dragon Isles, a lost realm of magic and wonder. There await the dracthyr evokers, a...
www.youtube.com

Launch Gameplay Trailer | Dragonflight | World of Warcraft

Dragons have returned to Azeroth, but as the land begins to heal a new threat rises. The time has come to take to the skies in World of Warcraft: Dragonfligh...
www.youtube.com

Dragonflight Features Overview | World of Warcraft

Dragonflight Features Overview | World of WarcraftJoin the dragonflights of Azeroth as they return to claim their ancestral home, the Dragon Isles. Starting ...
Rv3OEbd.png

Community
giphy-downsized-large.gif

NOTE: There is no Era guild or server. Use Discord or the in-game communities below to connect with friends.
Wowhead Discord List

(reply in thread to view)
WoWERA Discord:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
In-Game Communities:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Rv3OEbd.png

Resources

Official Blizzard Site
Wowhead
Icy Veins
World of Warcraft Reddit
Addon Manager Curse Forge
@WarcraftDevs Twitter
RaiderIO
Oribos Exchange (web based AH search)
Simple Armory

Former OT: Thanks to Prophet Five for maintaining the Shadowlands OT
Thanks to LordHuffnPuff for the thread title.

Clear Skies!

Rv3OEbd.png

Last edited:
Updates and Post Launch Events
OP
OP
Jag

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Updates and Post Launch Events

Rv3OEbd.png

Forbidden Reach March 21
1099553.jpg

Rv3OEbd.png

Season 1 Now Live
DOHUxIs.jpg

Rv3OEbd.png

Updated Roadmap
32646-patch-10-1-embers-of-neltharion-ptr-starting-march-9th-2023-roadmap-update.jpg

Rv3OEbd.png

End of year update from Mike Ybarra:
news.blizzard.com

End-of-year Blizzard Update

It’s been a busy year for Blizzard, and we’re just getting started.

Rv3OEbd.png

worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com

This Week in WoW: April 3, 2023 - WoW

Each week we’ll look ahead to what’s in store for World of Warcraft, share the latest news, and keep you in the know byte by byte. Mark Your Calendars: Embers of Neltharion Goes Live May 2!

Mark Your Calendars: Embers of Neltharion Goes Live May 2!

Lava flows from the mouth of a large structure

Join your allies for the continuing adventure through the Dragon Isles with our next content update. You'll explore an all-new zone, meet new allies, discover hidden treasures, and more.

• New Zone: Zaralek Caverns – Gather your courage as you venture into this mysterious underground cavern.
  • Cross-Faction Guilds: Players who have been enjoying Cross-Faction Instances now can join the same guild as their opposite-faction friends and benefit from conveniences like shared chat and guild repairs.
  • Fyrrak Assaults: Fyrakk's forces are gathering resources at Suffusion Camps located in the Azure Span and Ohn'ahran Plains. It's up to the heroes of Azeroth to disrupt their efforts to lure Fyrakk and his disciples out.
  • Meet New Allies: As the heroes of Azeroth pursue enemies into the dangers of Zaralek Cavern, they are aided by the local inhabitants found under the Dragon Isles — the molefolk known as "Niffen" and the Drogbar.
  • And more…

Dragonflight Season 2

Dragonflight Season 2 begins the week of May 9. Players will be able to gather their allies and breach Neltharion's secret laboratory in Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulty.

The new season also brings a new PvP Ladder and gear, seasonal affixes, and new dungeons to the Mythic+ rotation: Brackhide Hollow, Halls of Infusion, Uldaman, Legacy of Tyr, Neltharus, Freehold (Battle for Azeroth), The Underrot (Battle for Azeroth), Vortex Pinnacle (Cataclysm), and Neltharion's Lair (Legion).

Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible Raid

Breach Neltharion's secret laboratory hidden within Zaralek Cavern. It is here that he created the dracthyr and ultimately succumbed to the whispers of the Old Gods and their corruption.

Raid Release Schedule Week of May 9:

• Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties become available

Last edited:

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
nice OP

I haven't been this excited for a WoW expansion in a long time. back the basics/roots, they listened to a lot the criticism for years to be more alt friendly, no borrowed power systems, proper talent system back (although paladin needs a rework) and so excited that professions are brought back from the dead and actually relevant again. an expansion set to be a classic warcraft story/experience

still can't decide what to main, and release is Tuesday for us in EU lol. Still stuck between shaman/priest/warlock/paladin. With Shaman I'm interested in playing all 3 specs, priest only disc, warlock affliction/demonology, and paladin prot. Feel like I'm leaning mostly to Shaman to main this time around

It was moved although the old thread was in Hangouts.

Also had to go back and give you attribution.
i always thought new expansion for online games get a new OT in gaming section until after a few months, didn't same recently happen with FFXIV and Endwalker? edit: ah I see it's in gaming now

Mooksoup

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
great OT thanks.
I've never tried to do a twitch drop thing before... and don't really want do, but i do want the mount i guess, so I'll figure it out.
See if i can find a streamer i can stand hah.

OP
OP
Jag

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
great OT thanks.
I've never tried to do a twitch drop thing before... and don't really want do, but i do want the mount i guess, so I'll figure it out.
See if i can find a streamer i can stand hah.

You don't have to watch it the entire time. Just leave it open in browser. You can even mute the tab.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The world map is getting ridiculous with all these hidden islands that nobody noticed before lol

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Here's hopin it's a good one.

M+ has been my favourite content in the last few expansions, so lookin forward to that this time as well.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to it, but this expansion seems to be coming in a little light in terms of content, I really hope they have patch 10.1 well on the way development wise, we've seen with previous expansions how fast people will blow through the initial content.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Hope launch goes well and every one has a good time. Hoping to jump back in around 10.1; just don't have the time to devote atm

Vgorilla3774

Sep 21, 2020
Looking forward to it, but this expansion seems to be coming in a little light in terms of content, I really hope they have patch 10.1 well on the way development wise, we've seen with previous expansions how fast people will blow through the initial content.

They've been alluding to there being quite a bit of max level world content and storylines that open up at max renown that they've kept encrypted and not publicly tested. We'll see how extensive it is but it's apparently a focus of the dev team as part of their new design philosophy that world content should have a trajectory similar (although with a lower ceiling) to M+, PVP, and raiding.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
The world map is getting ridiculous with all these hidden islands that nobody noticed before lol
Nah they've talked about it since vanilla I think, it was just magically inaccessible. The dragons lived there and they're still around, they just couldn't go back. It's closer to Kul Tiras or Zandalar - places everybody knew were around but the game just never sent us to, for whatever reason. We still can't go to Kezan outside of the Goblin starting zone and The MOTHERLODE!!

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Trying to finish some chores before the launch. Get all my profession skills to max, finish the Forbidden Reach starting zone, get the mount from Wrath classic. 😅

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
So what is the biggest concern people have for this expansion?

From what I gather Blizzard has completely gone in the opposite direction of having too many systems to basically none which might have players feeling like there is a lack of content and things to do?

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Unsurprisingly I caved and got back in today. We'll see if this is the expansion that gets me to stay around for endgame. Usually a combination of group content anxiety and no one to play with gets me.

A lot of that is my fault, so I'll try and make an effort this time to befriend some nice people lol.

Back to good ol' Enhance.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Do I miss out on anything important ability or item wise by creating a new character that would have never touched shadowlands to take into dragonflight when I eventually try it out?

OP
OP
Jag

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Do I miss out on anything important ability or item wise by creating a new character that would have never touched shadowlands to take into dragonflight when I eventually try it out?

Not at all. You will be a bit lower geared than most at first, but should catch up around level 65. They take returning players into account when launching a new expansion. Doesn't help to make it harder for returning players.

Jan 17, 2018
Very excited. DF feels right, even though we ran out of important antagonists. I'm happy about the renewed focus on professions and a generally relaxed setting. And Alexstrasza looks gorgeous in the council cutscene, can't wait to do anything she says.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I've been enjoying the new catch-up mechanic a little too much. I leveled 10 characters to max level in the past 2 weeks, and they're all 252 ilvl. My wife and I have really enjoyed getting back into the swing of things. For once, we're the familiar names that guildmates haven't seen in a while! I kind of forgot how relaxing it is playing WoW. It is the type of game that I can be playing, but also actively watching a movie, listening to music, surfing the web, or even playing a handheld during the various downtime. The day-to-day gameplay is just a super casual and relaxing experience. It is a type of comfort/enjoyment I have never felt with another game TBH.

As a people, can we all agree to never mention Shadowlands again? Because goddamn that was the worst expansion BY FAR in the history of WoW. A few weeks before this expansion, and magically, all the guildmates that left 1.5 years (or more) ago are all showing up again in force. Talking to my fellow guildmates, it is pretty wild how so many people did not enjoy Shadowlands.

EDIT: My wife & I are 47 and have played since launch (We played EverQuest 1 for 5 years prior to WoW). My dad plays (68), my lifelong best friend plays (47), and my younger brother plays (25). My daughters dabble (14 & 15).

Last edited:

Bengraven