Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
another week, another socket

honestly, fuck the vault. bring back badges, this is getting stupid.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I did enough LFR to have an item or two on a few alts in today's vault. Mostly poopoo, but I did get the dragonfire bomb trinket on my surv hunter so that's rad.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
I've been running at least 8 M+ a week since the start of the season and yeah vault's and drops have been terrible (Run Neltharus and Underrot a ton and still no weapon). Last week I got a non BIS cloak in the vault (ilvl upgrade) but this week finally broke the bad luck streak with 441 tier shoulders which meant I could finally use my tier token from 2k M+ rating for 2p set. 2p 441 s2 tier set bonus though was only worth a 3% dps increase over 4p bonus s1 415 tier lol feels bad man.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
ill go against the grain then, vault treated me well. 447 tier head, which along with the token ive been saving gives me 4p finally. Last week was 447 belt with bis stats (crit/vers) too.

two 447s and one 441 replaces two 421s and a 424, I got a giant ass power spike this reset lol :D

I've been running at least 8 M+ a week since the start of the season and yeah vault's and drops have been terrible (Run Neltharus and Underrot a ton and still no weapon). Last week I got a non BIS cloak in the vault (ilvl upgrade) but this week finally broke the bad luck streak with 441 tier shoulders which meant I could finally use my tier token from 2k M+ rating for 2p set. 2p 441 s2 tier set bonus though was only worth a 3% dps increase over 4p bonus s1 415 tier lol feels bad man.

you really should save the token for 4p

Last edited:

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Vault replaced my lowest ilvl piece (411) with a 441 BiS so it continues to treat me well. Though the other options were bad, like a haste ring. My haste will remain at 2% for as long as I can help it, thank you very much

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Man…world PvP triggers me so much in this game but I refuse to turn it off. Love the idea of playing while there's a looming threat of being jumped at any point. I usually don't start shit with other people when it looks like they're just questing (especially lower levels)…although as a Kul Tiran it is hard to resist punching someone off a cliff or ledge with the haymaker ability. And I definitely don't kill anyone more than once.

Had some Tauren warrior that harassed me all over the Azure Span this morning though. Killed me mid hearth, waited over my corpse…I managed to rez and mount up to fly away though he whirling surged me to bring me down again and repeated the same process of killing me and waiting a few more times.

Kinda wish there was something in place to discourage this kind of harassment but I also get that's what can happen in open world PvP.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
Ah, corpse camping. Honorless, shitty behaviour.

Not that that stopped me from doing it myself once. I was questing on an alt in a low level area and there were two alliance pandaren obviously grouped up and leveling together. I left them alone, but one of them kept picking fights with me and if it looked like I was about to win, the second one would suddenly swoop in and make it a 2v1 that I couldn't win. Then the first one would make roar and laugh emotes at me. This went on for about half an hour and I couldn't progress my quests, so I took a 15 minute break and came back only to see them doing it to another player. I whispered that player and asked them if they were making it difficult for them to level too and they said yes.

So I logged onto my rogue main, flew over there and spent quite a long time corpse camping them both, eventually at the graveyard when they ressed there. It was beautiful. Sometimes I'd stealth and leave them alone just long enough so that they'd think I'd moved on, then suddenly unstealth and delete both. Eventually they seemed to log off. Honorless behaviour? You know it. But I like to think they learned a valuable lesson about picking unfair fights on that day, lol.

Fun memories. I rarely play with PVP toggled on these days. Maybe I should try it again.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Sharding really ruined the ability to retaliate against behavior like that. Now, if you log on your main or whatever, chances are it'll be in a different shard from your griefer.

Corpse camping random players is gross behavior. But I have certainly corpse camped deserving assholes with a target macro before.

OP
OP
Jag

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
The Prismatic Bauble toy has been made easier to buy for Pride Month. It used to rotate on a rare vendor. It still costs 250k (200k at Exalted).
Developers' notes: For one month, the Prismatic Bauble's cooldown has been reduced and can be purchased from Jepetto Joybuzz and his Clockwork Assistant in The Wonderworks in Dalaran, floating above the Broken Isles. The Wonderworks can be found down the steps from the Violet Citadel and across the street from Simply Enchanting. Be warned! This very expensive cosmetic item will only have a reduced cooldown and be available from these sources for a month before returning to its original cooldown and being exclusively sold by Dalaran's legendary and elusive Mad Merchant.
34376.jpg

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
i know it's probably pure coincidence, but it sure is curious that the prismatic bauble is just slightly less than the current value of a wow token or the month when it's readily available

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
i know it's probably pure coincidence, but it sure is curious that the prismatic bauble is just slightly less than the current value of a wow token or the month when it's readily available

Just a coincidence. It's been slowly trending upwards since the start of the expansion when it was sitting around 200k give or take in NA. Was around 230 -240k last couple weeks so I'm assuming the spike is people trading in gold for WoW tokens to get Diablo 4.

Really want the bauble though. I think I can bind it to go off everytime I sprint on my rogue just not sure about spending that much gold.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
That toy is like the best purchase I ever made for my Demon Hunter. Macro'd it into Vengeful Retreat, Fel Rush, The Hunt, and Infernal Strike.

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
I finished the Trading Post Traveler's Log progression and got Quawks within about 24 hours, crazy how easy and quick it is.

OP
OP
Jag

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
That bauble cooldown should be permanent. No reason to revert it back.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Just a coincidence. It's been slowly trending upwards since the start of the expansion when it was sitting around 200k give or take in NA. Was around 230 -240k last couple weeks so I'm assuming the spike is people trading in gold for WoW tokens to get Diablo 4.

Really want the bauble though. I think I can bind it to go off everytime I sprint on my rogue just not sure about spending that much gold.

You can the only downside is it seems to break stealth unless I was macroing wrong. Started using this one so at least it goes off if I sprint while unstealthed:

#showtooltip sprint
/use [nostealth] Prismatic bauble
/cast sprint

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
So I ran the 4 mythic on all of my toons for the weekly chest.

Got pretty much nothing useful on every character. Got bored and decided to do 4 +0's on my fury warrior who is rocking a mighty 385 ilvl (I barely play him), open my chest and....

437 Ashkandur, Fall of the Brotherhood.....lol. This game is cursed. My highest item is now on the character I play the least lol.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
So I ran the 4 mythic on all of my toons for the weekly chest.

Got pretty much nothing useful on every character. Got bored and decided to do 4 +0's on my fury warrior who is rocking a mighty 385 ilvl (I barely play him), open my chest and....

437 Ashkandur, Fall of the Brotherhood.....lol. This game is cursed. My highest item is now on the character I play the least lol.

My fury warrior is my main and I got Ashkandur as well when the rest of my characters got meh stuff.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I replaced my old GTX 1070 with a RX 6750 XT, then noticed that Ray tracing is available on WoW. So i activated it but I don't see a difference while standing in Valdrakken inn. What is exactly ray tracing doing? Lol

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
I replaced my old GTX 1070 with a RX 6750 XT, then noticed that Ray tracing is available on WoW. So i activated it but I don't see a difference while standing in Valdrakken inn. What is exactly ray tracing doing? Lol
it only has ray traced shadows, and frankly it's hardly noticeable (other than the massive frame rate cost).

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
always feel stuff like this comes from a good place initially from the devs, and then execs decide "how can we make more money with this" and then start wanting it monetised

it was perfect as it was… meh

the devs many times clearly said said this won't happen, i struggle to believe it's them knowing full well it's a bold face lie when saying that, shit like this feels like rugs being pulled from under them too, especially with how many devs have said that activision often does shit like this, just like how bobby kotick did that interview a few days before diablo 4 launch

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
I mean, it was the most obvious thing to ever come. If you were happy with the Traveler's Log before, nothing changes. Them monetizing it was 100% expected and inevitable and honestly, no interesting at all.

Source? Can't find anything on that.
i thought I heard them discuss it in this 1 hour video which was a live talk with the trader's tender team + wow community council:

www.youtube.com

WoW Community Council Live Chat w/ the Trading Post Team - February 2023

http://WorldofWarcraft.comSubscribe!http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=WorldofWarcraft

but maybe i am misremembering, unfortunately i can't remember where in the video or watch the whole video again right now

i might be completely wrong but it's from here i got the impression any way

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
Nothing changes only until they start setting prices above the free 1k tenders we get, which will probably happen pretty much as soon as that shit goes live.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
It's just RT shadows, it looks nice when you zoom in on character models specifically(hair and armor will cast shadows as you expect them to) but tbh it's not worth the performance hit. I'd rather just have my GPU use less energy/run quieter even if i had the FPS to spare

Winds of Sanctuary are now live until July 11, 2023
OP
OP
Jag

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com

Embrace the Winds of Sanctuary - WoW

It’s a great time to return to World of Warcraft, level a new character, or catch up on Renown as the Winds of Sanctuary blow into Azeroth.

Even as the call for heroes in Sanctuary continues, back in Azeroth, all roads lead to the Dragon Isles—and to exciting adventures. To help you prepare for the trials ahead, you will get the benefit of the Winds of Sanctuary buff*, which will increase experience gains by 50% for all players through level 70, and reputation gains by 50% for all factions except the Loam Niffen (who are not quite sure what to make of these strange winds). It's a great time to finish leveling a character, create a new one, or invite friends to join you in your adventures.

The Winds of Sanctuary buff will be available from June 15, 10:00 a.m. PDT through July 11, 2023 11:59 p.m. PDT for North American realms and from June 16, 3:00 a.m. AEST through July 12, 2023 4:59 p.m. AEST for Oceanic realms.

Time to level those alts.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh no, I left a pug by mistake, I swear I meant to release but my brain just went "right click -> leave party" instead, as if the key was over.

guys...im hella toxic now ;_;

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
The dungeons feel really well balanced this season. My group finished our first 20 in time last week (Underrot), and then did 6 more this week (everything but Uldaman). With every timed 20, it felt like we were in about the same place, with just enough leeway on the timer for a few mistakes but not many.

Way fewer one-shot swirlies this season too, which I think our casters are appreciating.

My gear's currently optimized for Ret because I'm still raiding, but I'm hoping we finish up next week and I can re-stat stuff for Protection to help my group push dungeons just a bit higher.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
got heroic sark down. have now killed him every week on some difficulty

still no legendary drop. i love random loot 🥹