• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Admittedly I'm disappointed it isn't a new 3D Worms, but it looks cool at least.

Edit: There seems to be some sort of destruction they'll talk about later:

Last edited:

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Eh, real-time battle royale Worms... I mean it might be fun but not really what you want out of Worms.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to sound so harsh but it looks like someone slapped a worms skin on someones college project.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Yea I'm not really feeling this

I love myself some Worms but this seems somewhat removed from what makes Worms Worms, tbh

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
A try at realtime makes sense, but no DESTRUCTION?

200.gif

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
4yxQi2c.png

Did anyone here play Liero back in the day? Because this just made me feel incredibly nostalgic for that. I might just check this out.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Real time, (seemingly) fewer weapons/gadgets, and no destruction? The only thing that ties this to Worms is...the worms lol

I suppose it could be fun, but I'm not really looking for a game like this

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I... don't have high hopes for this, if I'm being honest.The trailer doesn't inspire much in the way of confidence, and it'd very on-brand for Team17 to finally get 2D Worms right again for the first time in two-and-a-half decades with WMD only to throw away all that goodwill by yet again insisting upon disparate ideas.

Last edited:

Trilobite

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Looks alright I guess, but it also looks a bit janky.
Could be fun for a few hours.
I really miss old school worms.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I think I guessed BR when they said they would innovate earlier this year and I was spot on sadly. Would have prefered a new 3D Worms.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Ler's take all the fun elements from Worms, not use those and instead make a generic ass game instead.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Environment destruction is one of the key standout features of the Worms series, why remove it? Also, all the effects don't look like they have any impact when hit and the weapon variety seems exceptionally limited compared to the rest of the series.

Hard pass for me at this point.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Worms BR but in real-time and no destruction? Ok then. Not sure if that is what people wanted but at least its more Worms.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
No destruction in a worms game.. seems like a stupid idea?

I can get the real time aspect, to change things up a bit. No problem with that.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Wow no destructible environments and another battle roayale? Would it fucking kill the game industry to have one single original fucking idea.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
Real time Worms actually sound interesting but without destruction it kind of falls flat.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
No destruction? That's not Worms then. Disappointed in this