• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wakawun

Oct 27, 2017
4yxQi2c.png

Did anyone here play Liero back in the day? Because this just made me feel incredibly nostalgic for that. I might just check this out.
Yeah Liero is already a billion times better than what I just saw in that trailer. There's nothing much 'Worms' about it.

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
Why not do Worms 3D 2 or something along those lines. This doesn't look all that interesting

Nov 21, 2017
Also is there anything Sony isn't moneyhatting right now?

I mean their are still plenty of indie games that launch first on Switch or Gamepass because they also been money hatted so Sony ain't moneyhatting everything. Moneyhatting sucks but Sony ain't the only ones who do it. Pretty much most platform holder/storefronts from Epic Games, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Google, and Apple all participate in this practice in some form or another.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Really bummed that it's skipping the Xbox, but even more upset seeing most of the responses in this thread being so damn negative on it. Like the team said, we've been getting the same style of Worms for 25 years. It absolutely will not hurt in any way to do something different just once.

Jun 5, 2020
Really bummed that it's skipping the Xbox, but even more upset seeing most of the responses in this thread being so damn negative on it. Like the team said, we've been getting the same style of Worms for 25 years. It absolutely will not hurt in any way to do something different just once.
I don't see why people are complaining when we already have an excellent Worms game on modern systems, W.M.D. I don't see what a new traditional Worms game could bring to the table aside from being more of the same. I for one am glad they're trying new things. And besides, Crash Commando was the shit.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I don't see why people are complaining when we already have an excellent Worms game on modern systems, W.M.D. I don't see what a new traditional Worms game could bring to the table aside from being more of the same. I for one am glad they're trying new things. And besides, Crash Commando was the shit.

Precisely. We're talking about a franchise that has basically just had the same game churned out over and over again for so long, and while they are excellent games, it's nice for the IP to try something different.

But nah. We must all grab our pitchforks and be negative!

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I get it.
It could work, but it's probably the exact opposite of what I want from the franchise.
The gameplay looks way too spammy. I love how the Twitter response to "no tactics and no destruction" is "there will be some destruction".
So still no tactics and probably limited destruction? Meh...

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly? This is preferable to yet another bog standard Worms game.

I would prefer Team 17 take another crack at 3D Worms, but a 32-player arena deathmatch game sounds good as well.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beta is live and I got a code over night. Got a few games in this morning and enjoyed it but I really need to try it again with a controller and when there are more people active. I think my games maxed out at around 12 players an hour in to the beta being live.