Cam

Oct 27, 2017
No one comes close to being as interesting and fun as the Inside guys. Everyone other broadcasting team is dry and boring as shit.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
As a teen who played a shit ton of roundball rock, that theme brings back memories. Although, I watched very few NBA games. Part of it was having no idea who and when they were playing. Other part was I would rather play at the courts than watch. So my few memories consist of only MJ games. Especially the one where he returned.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Their nba coverage is such a joke. It blows my mind that this is the same network that produces college game day. ESPN doesn't care at all and losing inside the nba would be such a shame if this is the alternative.
I dig their NHL and College stuff and WNBA stuff is legit but how the fuck is this their panel? When Windy is best guy there?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon was already working behind the scenes to lock up the Inside crew for their production

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
ESPN's coverage of the NBA is never going to be good as long as they put idiots like SAS and Perk front and center.

NativeTongue

Oct 4, 2023
NYC
The NBA desperately needs coverage by people who A. actually watch NBA games and B. actually enjoy the NBA. Inside the NBA is whatever. They need to stop treating the NBA as if it's a meme and advertising factory and invest in people that are passionate about basketball and can discuss it in a way that audiences come out knowing more about the game.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ESPN's studio show needs to have people with actual NBA experience, like former players and coaches. No disrespect to most of the regulars there, but when Kendrick Perkins is the only main contributor that has actual NBA experience there is a problem.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
ESPN's NBA coverage is legitimately awful

I'd rather light my dick on fire instead of subjecting myself to SAS/Perkins/Wilbon

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Did Amazon buy one of the packages?
ESPN gets the A package but less games (rumor is they will give up Wed or Fri but keep everything else.)
Amazon gets the B package (rumor is they will gain the games ESPN gives up + some of the games TNT will give up)
Comcast/WBD were fighting for the third package and yeah, they actually may gain the games TNT is doing now.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Being outside of America, the only reason I got into the NBA is the first place is through finding YouTube clips of Inside the NBA and specifically Charles Barkley roasting people and joking about those big ol' women down in San Antonio.

Losing that crew would be a travesty.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
ESPN gets the A package but less games (rumor is they will give up Wed or Fri but keep everything else.)
Amazon gets the B package (rumor is they will gain the games ESPN gives up + some of the games TNT will give up)
Comcast/WBD were fighting for the third package and yeah, they actually may gain the games TNT is doing now.
I could definitely see Amazon bringing Chuck and company to their games then.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Being outside of America, the only reason I got into the NBA is the first place is through finding YouTube clips of Inside the NBA and specifically Charles Barkley roasting people and joking about those big ol' women down in San Antonio.

Losing that crew would be a travesty.

I'm Canadian and my only knowledge of San Antonio is the basketball team over the years and how big the women must be over there

God, Barkley has really done a number on that city 🤣

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
The NBA desperately needs coverage by people who A. actually watch NBA games and B. actually enjoy the NBA. Inside the NBA is whatever. They need to stop treating the NBA as if it's a meme and advertising factory and invest in people that are passionate about basketball and can discuss it in a way that audiences come out knowing more about the game.

You are assuming that's what the audience wants instead of entertainment. There is a reason why Inside the NBA is so successful compared to the podcasts such as Lowe Post or Old Man and the Three.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they should try developing some basketball fans so their ratings don't crater when there aren't stars playing

I am sure they would love to but the NBA isn't the NFL where folks tune in just cause. A lot of their growth is overseas and they haven't made an effort to reach out since the China fiasco.

IndoorBoys

Oct 29, 2017
Hasn't chuck been talking about retiring? Feel like he'd take this as a good time to call it quits rather than move over or do some show untied to the actual broadcast

Oct 27, 2017
I like the idea of nbc getting games but not at the expense of tnt crew. Also, weren't there rumors of some bundled big sports package between multiple streamers?

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of nbc getting games but not at the expense of tnt crew. Also, weren't there rumors of some bundled big sports package between multiple streamers?

Amazon is getting their piece. The NBA thought they would get a lot more interest and money but from what I've read they'll come close to doubling the current deal. So not all is lost.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
hopefully amazon or nbc can pay to keep inside the nba in tact…that would be a big loss for the league. they don't have any other show like that

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I know the NBA was wanting to bundle in the WNBA rights, but if TNT is priced out of the NBA games, bidding on the WNBA rights wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. It would cost a fraction of what the NBA games were, and if you really believe that the WNBA is on the cusp of becoming mainstream, this is a great time to buy in. Turner can't just completely pivot away from sports, they have another decade of NCAA Basketball, another 5 years of NHL, and another 5 years of MLB, and 7 years of NASCAR- they need to fill that hole if they lose the NBA

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
I think the NBA will give at least some sort of package to Warner if their bid is at all competitive. They know how good Inside the NBA is for the sport. The NBA in general seems to have, on average, the least boneheaded ownership collective in major NA sports. I guess we'll see if they prove me wrong or not.

Absolutely wild to me that when ESPN did their purge of talent fucking Perk of all people kept his job.

Who knows maybe he's on a cheap deal. He's pretty terrible though.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I think the NBA will give at least some sort of package to Warner if their bid is at all competitive. They know how good Inside the NBA is for the sport. The NBA in general seems to have, on average, the least boneheaded ownership collective in major NA sports. I guess we'll see if they prove me wrong or not.

If Turner loses the NBA they will have no real reason to continue to employ Chuck, Shaq, Kenny (wonder if Ernie's contract is different) and probably the NBA TV talent as well. I imagine those folks will all be free agents to a certain degree and will be free to join Amazon or NBC

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
If Turner loses the NBA they will have no real reason to continue to employ Chuck, Shaq, Kenny (wonder if Ernie's contract is different) and probably the NBA TV talent as well. I imagine those folks will all be free agents to a certain degree and will be free to join Amazon or NBC

Yeah true but Chuck seems like he would rather retire than move over to another network. He's been contemplating retirement for a while anyway. The magic would be gone without at least Ernie, Kenny, and Chuck on the same show.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
luckily i can just buy international league pass and don't have to care about commercials or halftime show or idiots like Perkins.