• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you most excited for?

• The more powerful model

Votes: 4,343 67.8%
  • The more handheld model

Votes: 599 9.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 711 11.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 751 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
BTW, people keep thinking a "Pro" version will be the only one with upgrades, but I wonder if the "Lite" version will also have an upgraded spec. I'm not talking about anything crazy, just that the clock speed will be boosted to 460 Mhz or so like some of the overclocking videos on Youtube. They're not going to be using the 20nm process, so why not also give the handheld mode a modest boost while also having better battery life? It'll help more games maintain 720p.
If it's a similarly capable system built on a different SoC then it's totally reasonable for it to be a tiny boost like the Xbox one S. In fact it almost demands it since it may (or may not) have an op or two that's slightly slower at the same clock. Bumping the clock by 10% is probably very reasonable.

Last edited:

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Significant isn't just about numbers, it's about importance. It doesn't matter if it's the 99% or 50%, it is significant because they are games made for the same audience the revision is targeted at. Labo, Super Mario Party, Snipperclips, Just Dance may not be important for you but they are for families, casuals and kids. They may get the system with Pokémon but I refuse to believe that will be the only game they'll get, doesn't make sense to have such exclusive games for the premium model.

Part of this audience isn't getting a a Switch cause what they're looking for is a cheaper streamlined Switch, not a completely different device.

And because they want more than one Switch per household form factor can't change that much. Imagine a family owns a Switch already and have a dock next to the living room TV. If the second Switch owner feels like docking his or her new Switch then form factor can't change that much, they won't have two docks next to the TV and also there is no need to get the complete bundle either. A dockless bundle is the perfect option for these people.

A new dock would make no sense, correct. But given the way their family account works, they might not expect people to just dock their system to continue their game, instead keep one docked and have users log in and continue their save. But that sounds so annoying you might be into something. The whole convenience breaks down if you have to have one system constantly docked.

Then again, switching which is docked is also annoying since you have to sync controllers every time you switch which is docked. The question is which is worse or more confusing to the consumer.

Multiple dock types seems like a terrible idea. Now I don't know what to think.

rafiii

Feb 7, 2019

My bad, I know it's the same tech, but there is the 12 nm FFN (for nvidia) and the 12 FFC (16nm renamed). I was talking about FFN.

What ilikefeet said. Also there is literally 12nm tegra chip already available, so I don't know where you got your misinformation, but that is all it is, heck even the 6GB of RAM looks unlikely, as Samsung doesn't even have a 64bit 3GB chip for sale right now, and Samsung sells the RAM chips they use in their current phones for the best deal, so 8GB (2x4GB 64bit LPDDR4X chips) would be the most direct option for an upgrade via Samsung's catalog. Yeah, reading through this a second time, I think the part about the 10nm being doubtful is about the only useful info in this post.

My bad, I know it's the same tech, but there is the 12 nm FFN (for nvidia) and the 12 FFC (16nm renamed). I was talking about FFN.

Xavier isn't really what you could call a "mobile" plateform as it consumes more than twice what TX2 consumes. Xavier, like Turing, is built for the high power transistors, not the low power ones.
You don't need 64bits 3GB chips for the Switch, you need 2 of the 32bits 3GB ones to have 6GB and populate the 64bits bus of the Tegra X1. Thankfully Samsung have some for you (K4F6E304HB-MGCH ).

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Definitely. At full power (IE not micro-USB power), it even uses 10 watts. It absolutely seems like a standard X1 that's just had some defective cores disabled.
10W... Board consumption? TDP? to give undocked Switch performance, when the undocked Switch consumes less than 9W at full screen brightness, and 7 at minimum screen brightness. Surely the upgrade Nintendo needs to make a fan-less Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't expect Xbox One/PS4 base performance out of any mode on a Switch Pro.

Feels like we've had like 4 instances of "oh, this high end spec sounds likely. No way Nintendo doesn't do this" *Nintendo didn't do that* "AHHHHHHHH NNOOOOOOO".
BOTW and Odyssey at a more consistent 1080p is probably the most I'd expect

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I remember the early leaks and rumours talking about the Switch Dock having it's own processor/gpu. Is this a possibility here? Could the Switch even do that over USB?

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
10W... Board consumption? TDP? to give undocked Switch performance, when the undocked Switch consumes less than 9W at full screen brightness, and 7 at minimum screen brightness. Surely the upgrade Nintendo needs to make a fan-less Switch.

I'm not sure what the from the wall numbers are, but it has two modes: 5 watt mode can use micro-usb. The 10 watt mode requires you use jumpers (on the board) and get a power adapter that uses the power pin.

5 watt mode only enables 2 CPUs and I think downclocks the GPUs.

Considering it has only half the GPU cores as Shield TV, and Shield TV has a 20 watt TDP at full power, the math sure works out for it just being a defective X1 on the old die.

Oct 25, 2017
Are people expecting the standard Switch to disappear? That seems very odd to me. That is the brand right now. Not offerig the core experience seems like a bad idea to me.
People (like me) are speculating/assuming that Switch Pro will have the same form factor with the joy con and dock at around the same price making keeping the original redundant.

It's old hardware full of design flaws like wonky joy con (rails, analog stick drift, weak wifi) and exploits. Probably be best for consumers to get the base Switch experience with the lite at $200 (or $250 with a game) and an enhanced experience at $300 or so

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Don't expect Xbox One/PS4 base performance out of any mode on a Switch Pro.

Feels like we've had like 4 instances of "oh, this high end spec sounds likely. No way Nintendo doesn't do this" *Nintendo didn't do that* "AHHHHHHHH NNOOOOOOO".
BOTW and Odyssey at a more consistent 1080p is probably the most I'd expect
Thats super unrealistic anyways. Double Switch OG perf docked is around 750 Gflops

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really know how trends work with these within-gen console updates, but I read these are supposedly due to release in the summer? Does that seem way too soon without any formal announcement?

I'm just curious if you guys know how this usually happens...do these new updated consoles tend to be released in the wild without much notification ahead of time, or do they usually lead up to it with a lot more marketing?

EDIT: I guess what I'm asking is what's the typical time span between formal announcement of console update and actual release?

Boogler

Dec 11, 2017
USA
I voted neither.

I would like a cheaper model that plugs into my TV and isn't portable.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know how trends work with these within-gen console updates, but I read these are supposedly due to release in the summer? Does that seem way too soon without any formal announcement?

I'm just curious if you guys know how this usually happens...do these new updated consoles tend to be released in the wild without much notification ahead of time, or do they usually lead up to it with a lot more marketing?

EDIT: I guess what I'm asking is what's the typical time span between formal announcement of console update and actual release?
for nintendo handheld revisions, I think it's less than 3 months ahead of time.

PS4 pro was announced/confirmed earlier, but wasn't officially revealed until like 2 months before launch?

Xbox One X is the only one where they waited arguably too long. A year and a half from reveal to release which is more than the Xbox One's reveal to release

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017

If we go off of all the 3DS revisions, they typically went from announcement to release in about a 2 month span. So yeah it's normal to go from announcement to release in a short time span for revision.
The FY report is the event to watch if these revisions are really happening soon

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017

Xavier isn't really what you could call a "mobile" plateform as it consumes more than twice what TX2 consumes. Xavier, like Turing, is built for the high power transistors, not the low power ones.
You don't need 64bits 3GB chips for the Switch, you need 2 of the 32bits 3GB ones to have 6GB and populate the 64bits bus of the Tegra X1. Thankfully Samsung have some for you (K4F6E304HB-MGCH ).
The memory bus is heavily rumored to have been updated, meaning a higher bandwidth.

Amlogic's S922X that I've brought up a couple times in this thread via odroid-n2's $63 single board computer is a 5.5watt 12nm chip, pretty sure Nintendo isn't stuck on 16nm when a company like odroid can put a $20 to $25 APU in a single board computer.

Again, where did you heard 12nm was only for high end chips? TSMC has already started to move people to 7nm for new products

Boogler

Dec 11, 2017
USA
That's not part of the rumor.

Might be interesting a the tail end of the switch's life cycle, but likely not happening within the next 3 years.
Understood. I was just explaining my choice of "neither" on the poll.

My main gripe with the Switch has always been the price. It feels weird to pay a premium for a portable LCD screen I'm literally never going to use. I already did that with the Wii U and have always regretted it.

rafiii

Feb 7, 2019
The memory bus is heavily rumored to have been updated, meaning a higher bandwidth.

Amlogic's S922X that I've brought up a couple times in this thread via odroid-n2's $63 single board computer is a 5.5watt 12nm chip, pretty sure Nintendo isn't stuck on 16nm when a company like odroid can put a $20 to $25 APU in a single board computer.

Again, where did you heard 12nm was only for high end chips? TSMC has already started to move people to 7nm for new products

Sorry, you're right, I have nothing but guesses.

Oct 26, 2017

My main gripe with the Switch has always been the price. It feels weird to pay a premium for a portable LCD screen I'm literally never going to use. I already did that with the Wii U and have always regretted it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's one end of next year, but who knows, it will depend on how often they want to put out new products. The 3DS family got around one new model per year on average so I wouldn't rule it out.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
People (like me) are speculating/assuming that Switch Pro will have the same form factor with the joy con and dock at around the same price making keeping the original redundant.

It's old hardware full of design flaws like wonky joy con (rails, analog stick drift, weak wifi) and exploits. Probably be best for consumers to get the base Switch experience with the lite at $200 (or $250 with a game) and an enhanced experience at $300 or so
That certainly isn't the only viable option to bring these devices to market, the big weakness to dropping the current SKU is no price drop for the hybrid switch this year.

A $179 switch handheld, a $239 current Switch and a $299-$329 Switch Pro offers a great deal better value to customers, gives a discount this year to the Switch and brings the entry level down to impulse buy.

You can bundle the handheld with a game for $249, $299 for the current Switch with a game and $359-$399 with a game in the pro model.

I would think that they put the same chip in all 3 models and offer more storage in the current model (64GB).

We will see what they end up doing, but there is no reason they couldn't keep the current model to offer a discount to the market that wants the full feature set of the current Switch.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, you're right, I have nothing but guesses.
I'm not trying to keep you from speculating, I'm just saying that we should keep speculations and facts far away from each other, and when you said what you said about 12nm, it creates false information that informs other's speculation and forces them into using that false information in debates and turns threads like these into a mess, and a frustrating experience for people who know better.

I don't think your speculation is impossible by any means, Nintendo and Nvidia might go with 16nm, although TSMC offers free upgrades to their 12nm process, it wouldn't change much in the end anyways, 16nm is capable of giving us the 2x performance upgrade we've been talking about in this thread.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
for nintendo handheld revisions, I think it's less than 3 months ahead of time.

PS4 pro was announced/confirmed earlier, but wasn't officially revealed until like 2 months before launch?

Xbox One X is the only one where they waited arguably too long. A year and a half from reveal to release which is more than the Xbox One's reveal to release
If we go off of all the 3DS revisions, they typically went from announcement to release in about a 2 month span. So yeah it's normal to go from announcement to release in a short time span for revision.
The FY report is the event to watch if these revisions are really happening soon
GBASP, DS Lite, and New 3DS were all 1-1.5 months between announcement and first regional launch.
Thanks for the info! That's pretty interesting...I would've imagined there'd be more lead up time into the new release. The turnaround between announcement and actual release happens actually pretty quickly.

I guess that also means if it's really due for summer, we'll probably be hearing something from Nintendo next month or so.

Oct 25, 2017
That certainly isn't the only viable option to bring these devices to market, the big weakness to dropping the current SKU is no price drop for the hybrid switch this year.

A $179 switch handheld, a $239 current Switch and a $299-$329 Switch Pro offers a great deal better value to customers, gives a discount this year to the Switch and brings the entry level down to impulse buy.

You can bundle the handheld with a game for $249, $299 for the current Switch with a game and $359-$399 with a game in the pro model.

I would think that they put the same chip in all 3 models and offer more storage in the current model (64GB).

We will see what they end up doing, but there is no reason they couldn't keep the current model to offer a discount to the market that wants the full feature set of the current Switch.
I think discontinuing the current switch makes more sense to simplify the market. 3 different pieces of switch hardware is just going to confuse people. Also don't see it dropping to $240 or the lite being $130 cheaper than the current model. That's a weird price.

If someone wants the full features of the Switch, selling the pro for the current price of the Switch is a great idea. The system is currently still selling pretty well and more power+design fixes are just going to add to its value.
If someone wants to just try a cheaper switch, the lite is there. If they're interested in the docked experience Nintendo could offer a dock+joy con bundle for $99 or so.

Like, retailers might discount the switch while trying to get rid of stock and nintendo might announce a price drop, but I'm pretty sure they'll stop stocking it by year's end

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the info! That's pretty interesting...I would've imagined there'd be more lead up time into the new release. The turnaround between announcement and actual release happens actually pretty quickly.
I guess that also means if it's really due for summer, we'll probably be hearing something from Nintendo next month or so.

We'll see. Could be as soon as 25-26th of this month when they talk to investors, but I'm not sure, especially with a potentially incompatible Labo launching the same day. I don't really rate Labo as a factor in limiting new models but I still think that might be bad timing.
3DS XL was rumoured to be announced at E3 2012, but ended up being towards the end of June, for launch at the end of July. I think the announcement following that style might be the best bet.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
X2 is newer and more efficient. X1 die shrinked with higher clocks I think is what we should hope for. Anything else we can be pleasantly surprised.
The only difference between the X2 and the X1 is the ram bandwidth and the A53 swapped for Denver cores. If you die shrunk the X1, you'd just get the X2. They're the same thing in Nintendo's eyes

Thraktor

Oct 25, 2017
BTW, people keep thinking a "Pro" version will be the only one with upgrades, but I wonder if the "Lite" version will also have an upgraded spec. I'm not talking about anything crazy, just that the clock speed will be boosted to 460 Mhz or so like some of the overclocking videos on Youtube. They're not going to be using the 20nm process, so why not also give the handheld mode a modest boost while also having better battery life? It'll help more games maintain 720p.

My guess is that the lite version will match the current portable mode. They'll want this cheaper version to be passively cooled with a smaller battery (as otherwise it'll be basically the same size as the current model), and I assume they'll favour battery life over performance with it. I also think they'll probably want to avoid adding another performance target in between the current two, and I doubt they'd be able to hit docked level performance with passive cooling (on 12nm, anyway).

Thats super unrealistic anyways. Double Switch OG perf docked is around 750 Gflops

I'd say they could get in the XBO/PS4 ballpark when docked if they really wanted to (with a 7nm chip). I don't think they want to (2x current performance is about the limit of my expectations), but the option is there for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's one end of next year, but who knows, it will depend on how often they want to put out new products. The 3DS family got around one new model per year on average so I wouldn't rule it out.

Nintendo have released a new console or handheld model every year for probably two or three decades now, so it would be very unusual if we didn't get some kind of new hardware in 2020. A docked-only Switch does make some sense to fill in that gap.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

Assuming a Switch light is basically just a redesigned regular Switch and it comes with a dock sure. But the current Switch is still an extremely desireable product that is just expensive and replacing it with a better hardware Pro at the same price doesnt address the market that just wants the current product but cheaper

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas

The thing I think is cool it the money they save on the screen and the removed components could be put toward CPU/GPU... they really could release a pretty decent box at $300

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Assuming a Switch light is basically just a redesigned regular Switch and it comes with a dock sure. But the current Switch is still an extremely desireable product that is just expensive and replacing it with a better hardware Pro at the same price doesnt address the market that just wants the current product but cheaper
Agree, that's why I think the cheaper model will keep in some way the hybrid functionality. If the so-called Pro model releases for 300 bucks and replaces the original model then people will find themselves with no cheap option. The thing is selling crazy and most people will pay for it but still I believe there's a big room for people who simply want a cheaper Switch experience. If people want a Switch and see the only options are a handheld only and a 300 bucks console then they won't get any of them, Nintendo will find itself in the same situation as of right now.

NappingRat

Jul 2, 2018
The thing I think is cool it the money they save on the screen and the removed components could be put toward CPU/GPU... they really could release a pretty decent box at $300
However, you're segmenting the market again (having a WiiU and 3DS, for example) if you spend so much of the $300 on power; it's unlikely that software will be able to effectively take advantage of a huge jump in performance (if you want that software to be compatible with portable models as well).

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's a problem.
Switch sales are up for the first part of the year and the line up is pretty stellar.

A revision that fixes a lot of issues about the switch at $299 and a cheaper handheld that allows you to play basically all of the switch library for under two hundred is probably going to keep most people happy.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Switch sales are up for the first part of the year and the line up is pretty stellar.

A revision that fixes a lot of issues about the switch at $299 and a cheaper handheld that allows you to play basically all of the switch library for under two hundred is probably going to keep most people happy.
No, cause 300 still feels quite expensive for those more price sensitive, in my country the Switch is still around 330 euros.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
However, you're segmenting the market again (having a WiiU and 3DS, for example) if you spend so much of the $300 on power; it's unlikely that software will be able to effectively take advantage of a huge jump in performance (if you want that software to be compatible with portable models as well).
That's why I don't expect one until they are ready to phase out the base model... could be sooner if "pro" model becomes the standard and they stop selling the old model... give it a year or to phase out
but quite honestly they could do anything... I think that's why it's so exciting to talk about ... literally anything is possible/semi plausible...

Oct 25, 2017
No, cause 300 still feels quite expensive for those more price sensitive, in my country the Switch is still around 330 euros.
Again, Switch is selling pretty well right now as is. A better switch would have a lot of people double dipping and those on the fence might jump in on that.

The lite will cover those that don't want to make a big investment, I don't think $250 for worse hardware (power and design wise) is a good value proposition and anything less will devalue both the switch lite and the switch pro

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Again, Switch is selling pretty well right now as is. A better switch would have a lot of people double dipping and those on the fence might jump in on that.

The lite will cover those that don't want to make a big investment, I don't think $250 for worse hardware (power and design wise) is a good value proposition and anything less will devalue both the switch lite and the switch pro
Exactly, some people don't want to make a big investment. Despite its strong sales, I just refuse to believe there won't be a cheaper Switch.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

You're assuming people arent buying the Switch based on issues with the current model. Yet the current model is going back and forth with the PS4 launch aligned. I dont think the model is the issue. It's just an expensive system and it needs a price reduction. Selling a premium model for the same price doesnt do anything for people who want the hybrid. Selling a stripped down handheld version also doesnt do that.

So I plainly disagree with your assessment.

...the lite will be the cheaper one?

Kind of like the PS4 slim vs the PS4 pro.
They didn't keep the base ps4 around

PS4 to PS4 slim is not even in the same realm of equivalent comparison.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
It's nice to pop in here to see the same old, tired interactions between the for and against Switch Mini crowd.

For clarity, I'm in the 'for' crowd.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Significant isn't just about numbers, it's about importance. It doesn't matter if it's the 99% or 50%, it is significant because they are games made for the same audience the revision is targeted at. Labo, Super Mario Party, Snipperclips, Just Dance may not be important for you but they are for families, casuals and kids. They may get the system with Pokémon but I refuse to believe that will be the only game they'll get, doesn't make sense to have such exclusive games for the premium model.

Part of this audience isn't getting a a Switch cause what they're looking for is a cheaper streamlined Switch, not a completely different device.

Few games doesnt mean they are important (I mean 99% of games would be playable in any case), its not like we talking about some of most popular Switch games like Zelda, Odyssey, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Splatoon, Pokemon or Animal Crossing (that will also be huge).
But we clearly not talking about same focus and exactly same audience, point of Labo, 1, 2 Switch and SMP is local multiplayer and family play,
while point of low cost revision is focus on "handheld play with cuted features", in other words personal device.

Point is to offer different values and price points, not same revisions with similar price points:
-OG Switch/New Switch - full Switch experience and fun for hole family with TV play, local multiplayer - $299
-Switch Mini/Pocket - fun for one person in handheld mode - $199

Last edited:

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
I am - possibly strangely - highly in favor of a TV only Switch. I think it could be sold as a SKU that doesn't include a controller - just Power Brick and HDMI cables. That may be your $129 package there. Label it clearly on the box as requiring a compatible controller and leave it to retailers to put together bundles.

Release an additional SKU that's just two joycons and a charging grip.

For me it would be a bring my own controller. I've ended up with enough of them.

EDIT: I would see it as a SKU that doesn't include a controller since there are multiple control options. I don't think the SKU should dictate which controller I end up with.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
You're assuming people arent buying the Switch based on issues with the current model. Yet the current model is going back and forth with the PS4 launch aligned. I dont think the model is the issue. It's just an expensive system and it needs a price reduction. Selling a premium model for the same price doesnt do anything for people who want the hybrid. Selling a stripped down handheld version also doesnt do that.

So you agree that switch at its current price point/value is selling well.

I just don't think keeping the older switch around as a cheaper alternative to the pro makes a lot of sense in the long term. Simplicity is important, having 3 SKUs taking up space and marketing resources makes little sense for a market that: wants a hybrid, but doesn't want it that bad.

And as I mentioned, you run into the issue where $250 for the old switch isn't a great value when paired up to the premium sku. Anything lower than that would make the premium SKU look too expensive and the cheap SKU not cheap enough.
The current switch is also older hardware, a lot of design flaws people want fixed, and presumably they can't lower the price on it much because of the old parts.

Now, if the Switch pro is considerably more powerful and is a lot more expensive then I can see keeping the old clunker around

Last edited:

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the Switch Box idea that some of you are having. Could be cheaper without a built in screen and joy cons. Also, you wouldn't have to worry about scratching the screen in the dock. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening.

Thraktor

Oct 25, 2017

Not if the goal of the stationary device is simply to run the same Switch games at ~4K resolution. A 2-3TF device could do that and wouldn't introduce any such issues. The only issue would be if there were fundamentally different features between them, but I can't imagine they'd do much more than have it act the same as docked mode in terms of functionality.

And you're assuming people aren't buying the current Switch because it's too expensive. Besides, everything we know about the Switch "lite" tells us it has nothing to do with how the Switch is selling, it's a replacement for the 3DS, not the Switch. Nintendo want a cheap (ie probably sub-$200) device which they can sell in place of the 3DS. Obviously a new handheld with no compatibility with Switch games makes no sense, so they're releasing a cheaper device which does play Switch games. If they want it to be cheap, portable and durable, making a handheld-only device which is small and has integrated controls makes the most sense. Whether it appeals to people currently buying Switch's is irrelevant, it's there to appeal to the people who were previously buying 3DSs (ie small, handheld-only devices with integrated controls).

We have no evidence whether a cheaper version of the current Switch model or a more powerful model at the same price would sell more. What we do know is that the proportion of the Switch's BoM allocated to the SoC and RAM (ie parts which reduce significantly in price allowing for price drops) is much lower than something like a PS4 or XBO, as more cost is put towards controllers, dock, battery, screen, etc., which see much lower (if any price drops). This means they have much less scope for regular price drops than a typical home console would. The counter side of this is that it's much cheaper for them to implement a performance improvement, and the performance/cost benefit of the 12nm process over 20nm (not to mention any architectural improvements) would allow them to get that performance improvement for little more cost than their current model.

Oct 25, 2017
I like the Switch Box idea that some of you are having. Could be cheaper without a built in screen and joy cons. Also, you wouldn't have to worry about scratching the screen in the dock. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening.
It's probably a better idea for the end of the generation when they're just trying to get cheap boxes out there.

While there wouldn't be joy con built in, you'd still need to bundle in a controller which would likely be two joy con so you woudlnt' be saving too much over the slim, I'd imagine.

It'll probably be an option for them eventually, tho

Status
Not open for further replies.