Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the combat and overall movement feel better than in Genshin. Gliding, moving around, jumping, climbing... It all just feels better than Genshin to me.

Dodge slow-mo and counterattack are also neat.

Yeah on kb/m I'm very happy with the controls.

I think on mobile I'm going to be twice as frustrated when the content gets harder though. Need a Zhongli so I can facetank shit and spam stuff.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
no problems here playing on pc with a ps5 controller quickly swapped to JP
writing looks a bit stiff but not bad combat is as good as i expected from kruo built in parrying is nice unlike in PGR where it was locked behind certain modes

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Runs perfect fine on iPad pro. Controls are playable because the combat is easy to begin with, but i think a controller is needed once it starts getting more difficult (haven't run into anything yet that isn't incredibly easy though- so possible the game doesn't hit that difficulty)

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
bailing on the ipad version for now, perf was good for me but the controls are not great. Opened the chat box by mistake more times than I care for

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I have the pretty much latest ipad pro and it looks ugly as hell
It's gonna look even worse on my laptop but I'll take it over no controller

Really disappointing when you would think mobile would be their priority

Ah I have a 9th gen iPad.

Hardly cutting edge now but if an iPad Pro isn't setting the world on fire then I have zero chance lol.

And yeah so far the VA sound bored.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
they just gotta fix the stuttering tbh and theyll have me good

i really like the combat

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Redownloading on PC now and goin to sleep, if they could fix the IOS one and add controller support before I wake up that would be nice
Really bad first impression, will give it a fair shake tomorrow if my laptop doesn't set on fire

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
on ROG Ally, 20W, mostly Medium settings

able to get 50-60fps in the tutorial area but tons of stuttering when moving around. not great. really impacts how fluid the combat (should) feel

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Hey 240 resin or whatever the stamina energy is called in this game, I'm guessing refresh rate of stamina is similar to HSR.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
I only have minimal stutters on my end. Maybe DLSS cards fare a lot better? Sucks for others though hope they get that fixed soon. Yeah VA isn't great so far, not all of them are bad but YangYang and Chixia are going to take up a lot of screen time and those two aren't great. I really like the combat and exploration so far.

OP
OP
CrazyHal

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
Loving the game so far but man the english VA is weak. Yangyang sounds like an Alien pretending to be human.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I do like what I see so far. Hoping controller support on Mobile gets in soon since I would prefer to play on my iPad while doing other stuff on my PC.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
The new M4 iPad Pro absolutely *annihilates* this game. Max everything says I'm pushing it too hard… but an hour of play only dropped me like 10% and it barely even warmed up.

Shame, then, that there is neither a 120hz option or something higher resolution… even at max settings game has pretty awful IQ on iOS.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
The story/world are tough to get into from the start. Is there some summary I can read somewhere about what is even going on?

Combat is definitely the redeeming factor so far.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
The new M4 iPad Pro absolutely *annihilates* this game. Max everything says I'm pushing it too hard… but an hour of play only dropped me like 10% and it barely even warmed up.

Shame, then, that there is neither a 120hz option or something higher resolution… even at max settings game has pretty awful IQ on iOS.

Yep, I think it's worse because you're so close to the pristine screen and the game looks like mud
At a distance it might look ok but if I have to be close enough to have my filthy paws on screen you really see the warts

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Oh no, do tell. I've just started and plan to reroll at least a couple times. What am I in store for?
Not actually as bad as I thought once skipping cutscenes and zooming through the starting quests. About 25 mins?

It's still not something I'd recommend as I've only done a couple runs now and it's kinda grueling. I'm just married to the idea of getting the best possible start because I won't be spending money outside of the daily pass once I'm up and running.

It also depends on your goal. Going for the limited character is insanity. Going for the non-beginner standard banner is slightly more sane so you can guarantee yourself 3 standard 5*s. Although your second has the risk of being a dupe.

Lastly you can throw it all at the beginner banner to try and see what you're first guaranteed 5* will be and whether you want to try again. You get 30 tries per re-roll so this isn't as painful as the other two but the reward isn't as big.

Help me.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt I'll stick with this long term but Yuanwu being fine as fck and free is a nice incentive to play for a bit

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Played up until you can summon characters. Not bad so far. Runs ok on my phone so atleast doing dailies and event stuff until the ps5 version should be ok but man open world exploration on a phone with touch controls is just not great

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Just started and the first thing I noticed, is there no option for inverse camera controls? I really struggle with games where I cannot change the camera to inverse, my brain just does not work without it.

DoubleAngle

Apr 26, 2024
It's insane just how much more fun exploration is when you can run up walls and air dodge.
-
Also, does the voice audio sound muffled for anyone else?

Last edited:

J-Shy

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Not actually as bad as I thought once skipping cutscenes and zooming through the starting quests. About 25 mins?

It's still not something I'd recommend as I've only done a couple runs now and it's kinda grueling. I'm just married to the idea of getting the best possible start because I won't be spending money outside of the daily pass once I'm up and running.

It also depends on your goal. Going for the limited character is insanity. Going for the non-beginner standard banner is slightly more sane so you can guarantee yourself 3 standard 5*s. Although your second has the risk of being a dupe.

Lastly you can throw it all at the beginner banner to try and see what you're first guaranteed 5* will be and whether you want to try again. You get 30 tries per re-roll so this isn't as painful as the other two but the reward isn't as big.

Help me.
Yeah I just got to it and it was a while, but I imagine with skipping cutscenes it's not bad. I'm keeping low expectations, my only goal is to get one of a couple of the standard 5 stars from the beginner banner so I get 2 I like when factoring in the one we get of our choice. It shouldn't take that many rolls to-

Oh, my first account, the second 10 roll on the beginner banner got an early Verina. She was on my to get list, and early, awesome. I'm set, no re rolling for me. Good luck! What's your goal, and how many rerolls can you see yourself doing?

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
Does it support dualsense edge correctly? the buttons are annoyingly swapped around by default on so many pc games.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
got to the gatcha and then the event tab opening up

kinda rushed it due to be very tired.

meh so far but again I am very tired, Eng VA is rough. And for the people who hates Hoyo's word salad of new made up terms...they will be in pain here.
Off the next two days so I will get into it more when I am not dead tired lol.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
well calling it a night, I would have liked to find something to spend my resin on quickly before bed but i couldnt find anything

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Eng VA is very rough, subtitles don't match sometimes. Needed more time in the cooker for that.

Combat and Pokemon catching is interesting and fun

Azuos

Sep 29, 2021
I'm stopping now, if I return tomorrow I will skip the story... too much dialog, it's excruciating.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Enjoying the tutorial so far but no inverse camera controls are really making me struggle, I have never played a game without it, I keep moving the camera in the wrong direction. Man this is sad, this is the one feature I always need in a game.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
what weapon is the best to choose in the 4 star weapon chest we get in the pre-reg rewards, or are all good?

Also, what 5 star weapon to chose in the selection banner?

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The stuttering is really bizarre. Is the Vsync broken? Its like the screen breaks in half diagonally.

edit: also the games inner resolution doesnt actually match my OS or what I selected? This is really strange.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Downloaded this on my iPhone for now as can't access my PC. How hard is the gameplay with touch controls?