Falk

Oct 26, 2017
there's some combination (or one or the other) of input delay on mouse input (lmao) and smoothing which makes camera movement feel like dogshit in this game. additionally whatever anti-drift they have for aiming (G with gun characters) makes it so tiny mouse movements don't register which is hilarious because it means it's harder to aim with a mouse, not easier

this is kind of the territory if people on the dev team don't quite 'feel it' it's never going to get fixed, either

edit: while i'm making a rare post might as well throw in that the monster collectathon aspect is super fun, especially since it ties directly to (early-lifespan, at least) progression. wish Genshin had something remotely similar

but maybe it's only working this well because the combat is that much more engaging, and we're gonna start wishing the game took less attention a few weeks/months in lmao

Last edited:

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
After the latest patch my loading bar often gets stuck in 10% when quick traveling. Kinda annoying to keep restarting the game.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Day 5
t54a4F0.png

Gotta get her a Sword and level her now.

Also 20 more pulls on my guaranteed Calcharo banner with the 15 from reaching Union Rank 25

Xqfo7aI.png

gOaB9Kl.png

I only need to get 20 more to get him.

Backers

Apr 10, 2018
Bordeaux, France
wonder if I should keep the free choice they gave us for later or if I spend it on verina to get her c1 ? any suggestions ?

calcharo is also a possible choice but as i already have jiyan I feel like it would be useless

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
wonder if I should keep the free choice they gave us for later or if I spend it on verina to get her c1 ? any suggestions ?

calcharo is also a possible choice but as i already have jiyan I feel like it would be useless

In general, it's not a great idea to aim for duplicates in a gacha unless you're willing to spend real money on it. You're usually better off with a diverse roster of characters. Also, consider that WW requires you to be able to field 3 full teams worth of characters in the endgame mode, so you're going to need that diversity. Finally, if you successfully pull Yinlin when she drops, she's supposed to synergize really well with Calcharo in particular.

Backers

Apr 10, 2018
Bordeaux, France
In general, it's not a great idea to aim for duplicates in a gacha unless you're willing to spend real money on it. You're usually better off with a diverse roster of characters. Also, consider that WW requires you to be able to field 3 full teams worth of characters in the endgame mode, so you're going to need that diversity. Finally, if you successfully pull Yinlin when she drops, she's supposed to synergize really well with Calcharo in particular.
ok thanks ! gonna get calcharo

do you know if pity on limited banner transfer to the next one or if it resets ?

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Its a little vague but

You find a Tacet Discord with memories of the villagers who begs you to save them. Scar then spins a story about the village. The villages are likened to white sheep, and one day a shepherd arrives, who has powers to grant wishes. However it has a price, that is paid by other villagers, not the one making the wish. But one day the black sheep of the village speaks out against the shepherd. Scar then asks what we think happened to the black sheep in the end.

Scar then tells you what really happened in the village. From the hints seems like theres a kid with powers who was trying to protect the village, but the leader of the village was manipulating her, so her helping was actually causing more problems (seems like there's some necromancy involved), which eventually led to the village being wiped out.

He then likens both him and you to the black sheep when Rover accuses him of being the shepherd, and that Rover will join them in the end. And also hints that Jinzhou is trying to manipulate Rover to get him/her on their side and taking advantage of him not having memories of the past.

Did a lot of people just force the fight? I can understand the complaints about the story if people are skipping a bunch interesting set pieces. I wonder if there are a lot of missable parts / branching storylines. For example, in one of storyline quests, there was a long flashback, makes me wonder what happens if you actually picked up on the hint and went there.
Thanks for such a detailed answer! I'm sad I missed that now.

I actually didn't mean to force the fight. I'm used to Genshin where:
  1. Your choices don't matter in the slightest.
  2. There's usually additional dialogue after a cutscene that you get by talking to character.
I saw you could talk to him and wanted to know what he would say. But then it went back into an actual dialogue scene, and one of the options was attack. I didn't expect it to do anything so was curious what he would happen. But then the conversation escalated and I could click it again, so I did. And then after tensions rose some more it came up with the actual option to fight. I was really surprised, but I also thought it was kind of cool because if I was actually the character and this guy had kidnapped my friend I'm about to throw hands.

I figured that fight happens either way and I was really curious to know what he wanted to tell us, but I really liked that the game gave me some control over how the scene played out and so I wanted to see it through.

In short it wasn't me trying to force the fight, it was me role playing haha. As a result it was the most I've engaged with the story so far. But I was still curious to know what he wanted to show us.
I'm not saying people are wrong to save from the start but imo pulling as much as possible at the start of a new gacha is almost always a good thing. It's obviously good to have a strong account out the gate to progress faster and further. Not to mention you can get lucky and get more rate up characters. I got my Jiyang in 30 pulls I'll easily be able to guarantee Yinlin as well at this point.
For me personally I just don't really like playing Jiyan that much and Yinlin is only 2 weeks away. I'm enjoying using Danjin and Sanhua, and I'm not close to any points where I need my account to progress faster.
Out of all the things this game apes from Genshin, I wish they didn't take the inconsistent ass MC. I hated in Genshin that they couldn't decide if they were supposed to be a silent protagonist or not, and it's the same thing here. Doesn't say a word for the first few hours, then suddenly starts yapping constantly, then back to being mute. Pick one or the other.
Yeah, it's weirdly inconsistent. I like that they actually talk, but there's moments where it feels like they should be voiced and they're not. There's still quite a few of the single dialogue options, which if they're voicing quite a bit anyways should just go. Hopefully it gets refined in future patches.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
do you know if pity on limited banner transfer to the next one or if it resets ?

Pity on limited banners always transfers to the next one of the same type. In other words, limited character banner pity transfers to the next limited character banner (including your guarantee, if you have it), and limited weapon banner pity transfers to the next limited weapon banner (no guarantee here since you always get the target weapon). You can save your pity for as many banners as you like.

Backers

Apr 10, 2018
Bordeaux, France
Pity on limited banners always transfers to the next one of the same type. In other words, limited character banner pity transfers to the next limited character banner (including your guarantee, if you have it), and limited weapon banner pity transfers to the next limited weapon banner (no guarantee here since you always get the target weapon). You can save your pity for as many banners as you like.
Oh nice to know, I pulled a lot on jiyan to get mortefi (got jiyan on my first pull lol), and just had him few minutes ago, gonna keep my currencies now to get yinlin when she drops

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My intro banner is over, I got Calcharo as an early 5*. I got two from that banner, him and Encore and Verina from the selector sent out yesterday.

I'd like to have Jianxin, and keep saving for limited characters that I want

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
That roguelike content they copied from Star Rail is so much fun. I just did the trial version with Jiyan and my goodness, this character is fun. Such fast attacks and so fluid, now I want him even more lol. He makes Calcharo feel slow as a snail.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for such a detailed answer! I'm sad I missed that now.

I actually didn't mean to force the fight. I'm used to Genshin where:
  1. Your choices don't matter in the slightest.
  2. There's usually additional dialogue after a cutscene that you get by talking to character.
I saw you could talk to him and wanted to know what he would say. But then it went back into an actual dialogue scene, and one of the options was attack. I didn't expect it to do anything so was curious what he would happen. But then the conversation escalated and I could click it again, so I did. And then after tensions rose some more it came up with the actual option to fight. I was really surprised, but I also thought it was kind of cool because if I was actually the character and this guy had kidnapped my friend I'm about to throw hands.

I figured that fight happens either way and I was really curious to know what he wanted to tell us, but I really liked that the game gave me some control over how the scene played out and so I wanted to see it through.

In short it wasn't me trying to force the fight, it was me role playing haha. As a result it was the most I've engaged with the story so far. But I was still curious to know what he wanted to show us.
Forgot to mention it but

Scar hints the girl with powers is still alive and he rescued her from the village and is with them. From the description, my guess the girl is Encore, but I could be wrong.

Backers

Apr 10, 2018
Bordeaux, France
Forgot to mention it but

Scar hints the girl with powers is still alive and he rescued her from the village and is with them. From the description, my guess the girl is Encore, but I could be wrong.
I think you're right as she fits the lamb/sheep fantasy really well also. That would explain her crazy issues also lol

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Guess I gotta reach Union Rank 35 now to get my Calcharo for the free Level Bundle pack giving 5 standard wishes at Union level 30 and the 15 we get at 35 since I need 20 pulls.

at least the game remembers my account now and i dont have to log in everytime

Progress
Still have to quit with Alt+F4 on PC here for it to remember my login. It forces me to remember my password I guess.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
Ah, dammit! I just managed to reach Data Bank Level 15 (or so I thought), but it turns out I need to hit SOL3 Phase 4 first. And here I was, hoping to start grinding out 5-star echoes right now.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
After playing around with the layout of the touch controls, I've come to like the touch gameplay more now.
Still not as good as a controller of course, but at least I can stick with the mobile version now until the PS5 version comes out.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
Guess I gotta reach Union Rank 35 now to get my Calcharo for the free Level Bundle pack giving 5 standard wishes at Union level 30 and the 15 we get at 35 since I need 20 pulls.

Still have to quit with Alt+F4 on PC here for it to remember my login. It forces me to remember my password I guess.
Yep i spoke too soon ill have to try alt+f4 next time

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Game started occasionally stuttering and GPU usage went from 60~80 to 80~100 since the patch. I was wondering how this game ran so smoothly on my 1060, being only barely heavier than Genshin... but now I see FSR was the one thing doing the heavy lifting here.

I hope they bring the option back for those of us with not so strong GPUs.

But strangely, disabling AA makes no difference on performance...

at least the game remembers my account now and i dont have to log in everytime

Progress
Funny thing is that this was working perfectly fine for me until yesterday. Now it started forgetting my login lol.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
Alt+F4 is anyway better because it is also way quicker to do than going the normal route, skipping the main menu that way.

By accident leveled the free gold echo to max level.. good stopping point is 10/15 at least to Prydwen

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
By accident leveled the free gold echo to max level.. good stopping point is 10/15 at least to Prydwen

I wish there was a way to automatically go up 5 levels at a time, similar to what I believe both GI and HSR offers these days. Right now, it's either level automatically as far as it's possible for your echo to go or do it manually, which is cumbersome.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
Oh yeah, I got a five-star Violet Heron from the web event. Should I level it up, or it's not necessary at this point in game (I'm at UL17 now)?

I recommend checking Prydwen to see if the Violet-Feathered Heron fits into any of your teams. Specifically, you're looking at the Sonata, which for your echo is Molten Rift. This is the preferred sonata for Chixia, for example. Then check to see if the main stat on the echo works with that character (Prydwen offers suggestions here too). At that point, you'll have to make the final judgment call. If everything is perfect about the echo, feel free to level it up. Otherwise, give it a few levels only and put it on one of your characters temporarily.

These echoes aren't really that special, so it's all RNG whether or not the one you got is good for your teams. Much of your time after you hit Data Bank Level 15 will likely be focused on getting those perfect 5-star echoes, and you'll probably start accumulating a lot of them very soon.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
I recommend checking Prydwen to see if the Violet-Feathered Heron fits into any of your teams. Specifically, you're looking at the Sonata, which for your echo is Molten Rift. This is the preferred sonata for Chixia, for example. Then check to see if the main stat on the echo works with that character (Prydwen offers suggestions here too). At that point, you'll have to make the final judgment call. If everything is perfect about the echo, feel free to level it up. Otherwise, give it a few levels only and put it on one of your characters temporarily.

These echoes aren't really that special, so it's all RNG whether or not the one you got is good for your teams. Much of your time after you hit Data Bank Level 15 will likely be focused on getting those perfect 5-star echoes, and you'll probably start accumulating a lot of them very soon.
Got it. I'm not in the game right now, but I remember it has ATK% as main stat, so I'll need to see if Chixia does scale with this stat first.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
I have Jiyan and Verina already and set my guaranteed banner to Calcharo with maybe 10 pulls in on that banner. Now that I have this 5* ticket I was considering using it on Jianxin. You think it would be better to maybe use the ticket for Calcharo first and set up the banner for Jianxin? I was thinking using the ticket on Jianxin since Jiyan is already a main DPS and uses the same weapon class as Calcharo. I also was debating if I should not go for Jianxin altogether and instead go for Encore for elemental coverage. I noticed some enemies have a 100% resistance to elemental damage so that spooked me. Any thoughts?

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
theres a boss i have no clue where to find too

says its underground somehwere but I looked everywhere on the map around it with no success

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Just finished the main story.

The first half of the story gives a really bad first impression. I wouldn't be surprised if people stopped playing because of it. The later half of the story becomes much more palatable. I wouldn't say it's good but it's at least serviceable. I personally think the devs should rethink the new player experience because first impressions are super important and this ain't it.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
theres a boss i have no clue where to find too

says its underground somehwere but I looked everywhere on the map around it with no success

It wouldn't happen to be the one near the mine, would it? There are two separate underground areas there. One is accessed from a river surprisingly far northeast of the mine (you can see it cutting off on the map). The other you get to by entering the structure at the lowest level of the mine and following the passage there.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on act 5 and the story did get better. It's still not very good, but at least there's something to try and get invested in lol. But yeah, the first 10 hours or so of the main story was dreadful

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the mine one, drop inside the big structure, you actually go there for a quest.

It wouldn't happen to be the one near the mine, would it? There are two separate underground areas there. One is accessed from a river surprisingly far northeast of the mine (you can see it cutting off on the map). The other you get to by entering the structure at the lowest level of the mine and following the passage there.

i looked all around and couldnt find an entry even on that big structure

ill try again once im on pc later on, traversal on mobile pisses me off too much lol

thank you both!!

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I have Jiyan and Verina already and set my guaranteed banner to Calcharo with maybe 10 pulls in on that banner. Now that I have this 5* ticket I was considering using it on Jianxin. You think it would be better to maybe use the ticket for Calcharo first and set up the banner for Jianxin? I was thinking using the ticket on Jianxin since Jiyan is already a main DPS and uses the same weapon class as Calcharo. I also was debating if I should not go for Jianxin altogether and instead go for Encore for elemental coverage. I noticed some enemies have a 100% resistance to elemental damage so that spooked me. Any thoughts?
I posted a near identical question yesterday because I had the same decision to make.

In the end I've decided to go with Mortefi as my third. It's the boring "meta" pick but I think it's better to hyper invest in just Jiyan now with a sub dps and Verina backing him up. In the short term I should be able to farm materials faster for all the other characters I want to play like Calcharo and Jianxin. The latter can also be a good sub dps but I want to lean on damage more with Verina already covering sustainability. Of course we'll want multiple teams eventually but early on that resource grind is intense.

If you don't want to play the dangerous game I did by fishing for Mortefi on the Jiyan banner, Sanhua is apparently a very good sub dps too.

This way I can maybe onto my selector for a while in case I fail a 50/50 next banner and get one of the two I'm planning on using it on.

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
I refuse to believe this camera is working as intended during the turtle boss. It's absolutely dreadful. I'm not locked in, please let me rotate the camera ffs.

The first half of the story gives a really bad first impression. I wouldn't be surprised if people stopped playing because of it. The later half of the story becomes much more palatable. I wouldn't say it's good but it's at least serviceable. I personally think the devs should rethink the new player experience because first impressions are super important and this ain't it.
I started playing yesterday and it's very difficult for me to get invested in what's going on because the writing just does a terrible job of easing the player into the world's lore. Just a flood of Proper Nouns and background lore without the pacing needed to absorb all the info. All these cutcenes are kind of just washing over me as a result.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida

I'm on act 5 and the story did get better. It's still not very good, but at least there's something to try and get invested in lol. But yeah, the first 10 hours or so of the main story was dreadful

I wouldn't be surprised (and would actually encourage it relatively soonish tbh) if they redid the intro 'again', because it's truly awful. To the degree it feels like they straight up wasted tons of time and money with the first rework since the parts we DID see from the initial beta are like a straight downgrade. Hopefully, if they don't fix it proper, they at least go back and fix the EN dubbing, because loads of it is directed embarrassingly badly.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
i used to not really mind VA too much even ones considered crappy sound fine to me

however even for me some parts here were so awful that i actually noticed

the part in act 4 where scar is about to teleport away but then FemRover jumps in at him and says "you're not going anywhere" is genuinely awful

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
I posted a near identical question yesterday because I had the same decision to make.

In the end I've decided to go with Mortefi as my third. It's the boring "meta" pick but I think it's better to hyper invest in just Jiyan now with a sub dps and Verina backing him up. In the short term I should be able to farm materials faster for all the other characters I want to play like Calcharo and Jianxin. The latter can also be a good sub dps but I want to lean on damage more with Verina already covering sustainability. Of course we'll want multiple teams eventually but early on that resource grind is intense.

If you don't want to play the dangerous game I did by fishing for Mortefi on the Jiyan banner, Sanhua is apparently a very good sub dps too.

This way I can maybe onto my selector for a while in case I fail a 50/50 next banner and get one of the two I'm planning on using it on.
You bring up great points! I think I might just go for Jianxin since I can't commit any more to resources to the limited banner and wasn't able to pull Mortefi. If she really is as tanky as others put her she'll be my team's insurance since I'm terrible at this game playing on mobile. I have Calcharo on my other account and he's awesome but I think I'd be shooting myself in the foot with two DPS so early on in the game. It's just he's so freaking cool.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
i used to not really mind VA too much even ones considered crappy sound fine to me

however even for me some parts here were so awful that i actually noticed

the part in act 4 where scar is about to teleport away but then FemRover jumps in at him and says "you're not going anywhere" is genuinely awful

That entire section is abysmal, but that line sent us in the discord when I played it. I think if one had any doubts on the failure in direction here, they'd just need to play that section to understand. As a pro-dub enjoyer, I feel like that section is what sub-only people here when there's any sort of english dubbing in media, lol.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still pretty early on, around union level 12. The character outfits have been on the boring side (or strange - looking at you and your pants, Scar), but the models are high quality, expressive, and I'm fond of the proportions they settled on. Stamina not being too huge a hinderance in open world does feel good. Not much to say about combat, it's just easily the best part of the game so far. Some text being cut off doesn't help with first impressions of the story. It's also the first gacha I've played in a while where the music is underwhelming. Want to see what the roadmap looks like, and what improvements they'll commit to making before deciding if I should stick with it.