xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
There is a point where you don't have to listen to the audience and they do not know the line yet.

With the word Scaramouche already censored we know what that audience is
Once you start capitulating to that crowd you're going to get constant harassment over any old shit, and you're left fixing shit that doesn't actually matter instead of what's actually important like massive technical issues

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
you rolled atk% and the main stat is atk%, I thought that was impossible

Unlike GI and HSR, it's very much possible here. The system differentiates between main stats (the two highlighted stats at the top) and substats. While you can't have the same stat on two main stats or two substats, you CAN have the same stat on a main stat and a substat, as shown in my echo.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
With the word Scaramouche already censored we know what that audience is
Once you start capitulating to that crowd you're going to get constant harassment over any old shit, and you're left fixing shit that doesn't actually matter instead of what's actually important like massive technical issues

The audience was also pretty much established when they increased the jiggle physics.during the beta.

trailmix16

Oct 26, 2017
im not sure i like this game either. im skipping most of the story. and the combat is really confusing (not the team building, but the actual fighting. i cant seem to tell when an enemy is attacking. i'll see what the endgame is like and decide i guess

Ailanthium

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the main story, which I thought massively improved started from about a third of the way in and became pretty decent by the ending. The entire last level was pretty neat, with a lot of set pieces and some good character building with Jiyan and the previous general (who looks like he could be a ton of fun to play when he's inevitably released as a limited banner). I do think the very last bit when the... mascot character(?) jumped out of your hand and ate an explosion kind of undermined it, though. I don't have a problem with the mascot character itself, but then it's revealed that the final boss basically ran away to fight another day and instantly transitions into an ending slideshow. Super rushed feeling, and unsatisfying in that it gave the player more questions than answers after building up to something of a reveal. I guess we'll learn more as the game goes on, but alas.

I wonder what the next open world area will be. I imagine we'll end up spending a while in Jinzhou and the surrounding area, but they namedropped a couple of places we could go in the future. There's the New Federation or whatever it was called, along with the capital that Jinhsi contacted near the end. I assume those will be saved for big future updates. I'm hoping that Camellya and Jinhsi are coming in the next handful of banners, at least. I wouldn't mind Scar as a playable character, either.

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
The last few battles and area were actually pretty good. If they can improve upon that going forward and fix some of the more awkward story parts and add some more cast skin tone diversity there will be something special here.

I genuinely can't believe how much better this game is at it. Being able to just zoom up a wall with anyone is amazing.

Unfortunately Genshin is probably going to lock the ability behind a 5* character (if they haven't already).
Same, I can't go back to that. I'm sure the next new Genshin character will have some new parkour mechanic where you can extend the duration of it with one of their constellations. lol

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
It's already in the Natlan preview and it's based on 6 dino characters/mounts, not pullable units

Well that's probably better than now but the fact that it's locked to Natlan is already pretty stark. I am lucky enough to have a few reasonably good travel characters like Venti and Kazuha and it's still a huge pain, just a few days on Wuwa and I'm completely spoiled

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
I just was finishing my dailies in Genshin and tried several times to wall run and use the grappling hook lol

Arweil

Apr 16, 2024
Spain
I'm taking my time with the game so I just got to Scar's scene. It was my first time seeing his model myself, but I read about all the zipper's fuss. Unexpectedly, I realized that mine has nothing like that! Kuro has just changed a minor detail like that, a character design, just because they are hearing the players opinion, even these little details. These kind of things are the ones that probably would make me stick with the game, developers that really listen to the players.
scar2.png

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
Got Verina from the selector.
I also unlocked the events page, need 4 more logins for Sanhua.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
I'm trying to set a Portuguese-written quote for my bio and the game simply won't let me. A friend of mine even namedropped Genshin on it, and it worked lol.

Is there a list of those "sensitive characters" the error pop-up keeps talking about?

thoughtloop

Apr 9, 2022
Damn, not even my first time hitting the stamina/progression soft cap and it's still just oof. I tried to focus my resources better for official launch, but I still feel like progression is slower than most gacha games. Maybe stamina cost should scale down a little when you're at lower levels? That said, still continuing to explore and have a blast. And when I feel like farming echos is too easy, I can run a hologram to get my ass handed to me.

I'm pretty sure at least some of the mudslinging going on across other sites and social media is people who haven't progressed very far into the game, or people who are hitting skill issue situations. As soon as you start running holograms, "we have the Abyss at home" tower mode, and such, difficulty spikes quite significantly. Personally, I'm glad restarting such fights is quick. Devs apparently also know this because there are achievements for getting one-shot by a single attack when you're above 50% HP.

Also, shout out to the servers for being incredible on stability across the first week of launch.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, found a level 120 bear near the "Suzume" door and killed it purely with dodge counters at level 40. Kills me in one hit but it's satisfying af countering it's multiple hit slaps in a row.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
there's some combination (or one or the other) of input delay on mouse input (lmao) and smoothing which makes camera movement feel like dogshit in this game. additionally whatever anti-drift they have for aiming (G with gun characters) makes it so tiny mouse movements don't register which is hilarious because it means it's harder to aim with a mouse, not easier

this is kind of the territory if people on the dev team don't quite 'feel it' it's never going to get fixed, either

edit: while i'm making a rare post might as well throw in that the monster collectathon aspect is super fun, especially since it ties directly to (early-lifespan, at least) progression. wish Genshin had something remotely similar

but maybe it's only working this well because the combat is that much more engaging, and we're gonna start wishing the game took less attention a few weeks/months in lmao
I'm pretty sure the devs used a controller for this one. I refuse to believe that they couldn't/didn't see an issue with the camera movement. Turning off "Camera Correction" for running and combat helps "a bit", but it's still nowhere near as fluid as it can be.

I hate to compare it but similar game and all of that, but coming from Genshin Impact to this one is such a big jump. In WW, even with the sensitivity for all of the camera at 100 it feels like the settings are at 30. :/

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh the waveplate drought is real. Getting that selector has backfired on me lol

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Any data on soft pity yet? I'd be interested to know where people are getting their 5*s. So far I've had one on 5 and 70. 70 seems like a solid window if they're trying to stick near genshin, assuming they're doing it at all that is.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
It was said a page back that the transition to Union Level 30 in difficulty was huge, but I've got to say I'm not feeling that at all. I immediately leveled up both Jiyan and his weapon as well as leveled up a single echo to 15 while leaving my other two characters at 50, and the difficulty feels roughly the same to me.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Got another Jiyan going after Mortefi. Makes me want to go for his weapon instead of waiting for the 45 weapon chest but not sure yet.

ozumas

Born to be Wise and Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 15, 2020
It was said a page back that the transition to Union Level 30 in difficulty was huge, but I've got to say I'm not feeling that at all. I immediately leveled up both Jiyan and his weapon as well as leveled up a single echo to 15 while leaving my other two characters at 50, and the difficulty feels roughly the same to me.

Overworld wise is quite the samey but challenges spike quite hard, the 55 lvl challenge is significatly harder (and enemies more spongies) than the 45.
And leveling the DPS and the weaponis noticeable.

But progression get a huge break because leveling is really slow once you've finished every quest (or at least non-sidequest), and getting to level 40 is going to be hard unless they release MSQ or character quests

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
But progression get a huge break because leveling is really slow once you've finished every quest (or at least non-sidequest), and getting to level 40 is going to be hard unless they release MSQ or character quests

These games aren't designed around bursting to the highest level. You're supposed to tune in once a day to do your dailies, which rewards you huge amounts of Union XP. That's going to be your primary way to reach the top levels currently, and that is done entirely on purpose.

Nyaghoggua

Apr 3, 2024
Finished the story. Hate to say it but I liked the tone of the game a lot better before the rewrite (technical test/CBT1). I know they changed it for a reason, primarily because people didn't like the characters being 'mean' to Rover but in retrospect I think that reflected the desolate post apocalyptic feel of the original story.

View: https://youtu.be/iOjVUAvO7FU?t=206

Even the music was changed in a creative decision to lighten things up. I hope they can lean into that darker tone in future patches... But yeah as someone that wanted open world PGR, I can't help but feel disappointed and for people who like the current tone, reversing it will be as much of a bait and switch as it was for me.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Finished the story. Hate to say it but I liked the tone of the game a lot better before the rewrite (technical test/CBT1). I know they changed it for a reason, primarily because people didn't like the characters being 'mean' to Rover but in retrospect I think that reflected the desolate post apocalyptic feel of the original story.

Even the music was changed in a creative decision to lighten things up. I hope they can lean into that darker tone in future patches... But yeah as someone that wanted open world PGR, I can't help but feel disappointed and for people who like the current tone, reversing it will be as much of a bait and switch as it was for me.

I was told constantly how them listening to the players' complaints was a good thing, but I do feel, unfortunately, vindicated in that the older story was better. Everytime someone tried to explain to me how the characters being suspicious / skeptical of Rover was a bad thing, it never made sense to me because it makes perfect sense for people to not immediately trust a strange person who shows up out of nowhere and immediately defeats and absorbs one of their greatest enemies. Instead we got them over course correcting in the complete other direction and removing the personality and intrigue in their plot basically wholesale.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
Heh, getting from Data Bank Level 12 to 15 was a nightmarish slog, but getting from 15 to 17 was a breeze. This brings my 5-star drop chance up to 50%, which is far more reasonable than the 30% it starts at. I'm enjoying farming 5-stars so far. The real test will be tomorrow when enhanced drop rate refreshes. From how I understand it, you get 15 chances every week (you can see how many you have left in the Data Bank by clicking the "Enhanced Drop Rate" text) to kill an overlord or calamity level enemy and get the enhanced drop rate instead of the base drop rate. At my level, that means the first 15 overlord/calamity enemies I defeat every week will have an 80% chance to drop an echo instead of the normal 20%, which is nice.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017

That is a pretty massive downgrade.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm taking my time with the game so I just got to Scar's scene. It was my first time seeing his model myself, but I read about all the zipper's fuss. Unexpectedly, I realized that mine has nothing like that! Kuro has just changed a minor detail like that, a character design, just because they are hearing the players opinion, even these little details. These kind of things are the ones that probably would make me stick with the game, developers that really listen to the players.
scar2.png
I liked the zipper... pants look worse in general too, worked better as a body suit. My day is ruined tbh.

Change it back.