• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gibbs

Oct 25, 2017
West Virginia
fire pro is a lot better than no mercy

lol no. Not sure who hurt you as a child but this is an insult.

I stopped buying WWE games due to the reskin/repetitive thing year in and year out. I get its a yearly release and all, but give me a reason to drop $60 on it. Just changing a costume or two doesn't cut it anymore. Last decent WWE game looked to be 2k14 because of its Wrestlemania mode. WWE ALL STARS was a blast also.

I remember when Shawn Michaels had the same attire for years in games, or wrestlers were missing their entrance gear repeatedly. Focus working on the game and less on pushing that damn DLC season pass.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017

I stopped buying WWE games due to the reskin/repetitive thing year in and year out. I get its a yearly release and all, but give me a reason to drop $60 on it. Just changing a costume or two doesn't cut it anymore. Last decent WWE game looked to be 2k14 because of its Wrestlemania mode. WWE ALL STARS was a blast also.

I remember when Shawn Michaels had the same attire for years in games, or wrestlers were missing their entrance gear repeatedly. Focus working on the game and less on pushing that damn DLC season pass.
It's not an insult to say a good wrestling game is better than another good wrestling game. Both of them are top of the genre when it comes to its respective niche. They are different enough you can make a case for both.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Calm down

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
I think they control like crap, the animations aren't all that and the hit detection is iffy. I wish they would just rework everything with ease of use in mind and speed up the gameplay.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
How are these games compared to smackdown vs raw?

I played a 2k game sometime ago and it was shit. Did they improve?
Played 2k17 after skipping all games since Here comes the pain, what the fuck did they do with the gameplay? It turned into a reversal marathon with boring as fuck gameplay.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
These games always look about 5 years out of date graphically. Also their failure to fix the trainwreck of an online suite is infuriating because smooth online royal rumbles would be amazing.

Jarhab

Alt account
Banned
Jul 26, 2019
From what I've heard, last year's game was a step up from previous iterations. Maybe this one will continue that trend?

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Upgrade the engine... go UE4 or something.
Let us add our own music again.
Implement HDR dammit.
Better the CAW textures.
Off the top of my head things to fix.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I really like seeing Becky finally get her due. Always knew she was the best out of the 4 Horsewomen.

But I couldn't give less of a shit right now for WWE. The game would have to be vastly different from previous ones I played a bit of 2k19 and it honestly felt like nothing had changed from the first game that came to this gen.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, can 2K ensure there is actually a PS4 Pro/One X patch this time. Not just its exactly the same as the base game but 60fps rather than 55-60.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Wish they would go back to a more arcade style game, as these games have become so tired at this point.

Hell just do a remaster / remake of Smackdown Here Comes The Pain, I'd play the shit out of that again.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
They could easily release one single game every 2 years, and have updates to the game as DLC (attires, entrances, new wrestlers, new legends, etc...), and repackage the game the next year for $60. That for Yukes so they can actually work out a better game. But they decide to make a game every single year and not let anything new to enter.

CNSBarry

Oct 27, 2017
They could easily release one single game every 2 years, and have updates to the game as DLC (attires, entrances, new wrestlers, new legends, etc...), and repackage the game the next year for $60. That for Yukes so they can actually work out a better game. But they decide to make a game every single year and not let anything new to enter.

They could but the rumours are that WWE dictates they want a game every year.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Bring back All Stars. The mainline series sucks, even at a low $15 price. They've battered it into the ground, buried it, dug it up and buried it again for good measure.

Put half the care that you do into the NBA series (minus the microtransactions) and this could be something great. Give Yukes a big budget or break away and create a new team to take over the reins of the series.

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
I fell off of these games shortly after the Smackdown Vs Raw series ended it. Those were the last decent wrestling games to me. Everything else has been pretty weak.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I said I'd but one of these when they let me create a female wrestler and play through a story mode as her. Can you do that yet?

Nov 14, 2017
Why would they make only some of the money in exchange for higher-quality games when they could make slightly more money releasing the same game every year.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Same reason why WWEs ratings have tanked, because the product is terrible just like the games.

OP
OP
SnatcherHunter

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I want to keep believing the rumour of HCTP Remake. Yukes is known to be making another secret WWE title.

Just imagine.....

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Hope there's gameplay info and modes info tomorrow, but I doubt it.

Probably say theres 100 legends in again but they count 4 different outfits for each wrestler in the number.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Guess we still gotta wait for Yukes to do their side project not affiliated with the 'E to see if they can still go, in the meantime here's to more of that outdated and slogtacular style of play that's plagued these games for over a decade.

I bought 2K19 when it was on sale for $20 and I still felt ripped off.
I played a free weekend trial earlier this year and still felt ripped off.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
This makes me wish VGCW was still around. That was an amazing time on Twitch

Falconkick.gif

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Been a while since I've played the games. I used to LOVE them just because I mainly made MK ninja like wrestlers lol. They all had masks and the Blue CAW was always called Frost and we had Blaze and more.

Has the My Career mode been improved. Last one I played I just remembered winning the title in NXT and once that happened I only had 3 choices every week. And if I chose not to defend the title I'd be stripped of it.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Do these games even sell well anymore?

Based on the WWE TV ratings thread, there appears to be a bottom floor ratings; people that will watch no matter what. I bet there is a similar sales floor for this game, there is an audience of people that will buy this game every year regardless of how bad the WWE or the game is.