• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They dropped Yuke's and thus rushed together a shitty game with even less manpower than before. I would wait until next gen when they have a new engine before even considering getting into the games again.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pre-Yukes era. Actually the few smackdowns weren't yearly I believe
Smackdowns were yearly:
WWF Smackdown was March 2000
Smackdown 2 was November 2000
Just Bring It November 2001
Shut Your Mouth November 2002
Here Comes The Pain October 2003

And Acclaim's WWF titles were yearly as well (the 3D ones), War Zone was '98 and Attitude '99. AKI's were as well, WM2000 was '99 and No Mercy was 2000. Not sure when you're talking about.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
rhj6vxnis6331.gif

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
that's legit mdickie levels of bad. holy shit

i think they're probably even worse considering how much you can do in his games.

what the fuck happened, 2k?

MCee

Oct 28, 2017
Bay Area
I haven't played a wrestling game or watched wrestling since GC and PS2 days but these 2K threads kill me. Hahah.

WCW/NWO Revenge and No Mercy were the perfect storm so interested in what AEW has cooking if it's really AKI.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Vince would insist on Dusty looking like that even if they got ILM or WEGA to do the models.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
it almost looks like they created all of the wrestlers using their own character creator. Either that or they cheaped out on scanning the actual wrestlers this time around and used lower quality sources like photo scans or something. I mean the games have been pure shit for a while now but this is just kind of bizarre. I wonder if they just cut the budget since this is sort of a transition year post-Yukes, while they spend the money on next years version.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
haha what the hell. how can you progressively get worse every year?

side note, im looking forward to New Legacy's release stream. it shall be a glorious shit show

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Are they really available for such project? I was expecting a Style Savvy game to come out any second now for Switch.

If it's real (I don't think we'd get a AEW game before they fill they roster a little bit more) I hope WB babes would consider releasing it on Switch. AKI and Nintendo go way back.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
haha what the hell. how can you progressively get worse every year?

side note, im looking forward to New Legacy's release stream. it shall be a glorious shit show

What is with the vitriol for this series? It hasn't gotten worse every year. 2K19 was way better than any of the previous entries from 2K. It's gotten progressively better every year with the exception of this year and that seems to be more because Yukes departure and the fact that 2K took over development aspects they had never done previously.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I came in here thinking it couldn't be that bad

Edge holy shit edge what did they do to my boy

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This is a question that we ask ourselves year after year like clockwork

I mean sure the series has always felt rushed because of the yearly grind of the development cycle but this years is looking especially bad. 2k19 actually wasn't terrible. It looked pretty good for the most part and had some pretty decent improvements.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
This shit was legitimately hilarious. Graphically it's ugly as shit but what you linked was hilarious.

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god. After going through the last few pages of stuff I have to say.... it takes a lot to make me break down in tears laughing but by god this thread has done it. People are sleeping in my house and I'm trying not to cackle at the top of my lungs.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played a wrestling game since the 64 days, this shit is hilarious

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna guess the switch over from Yukes to Visual Concepts was uh... a rough one.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
This is insane, I can't believe it looks like this. I know nobody sets out to make a bad game, and maybe the gameplay is good, but the devs can't be happy with this and I bet they wish they had more time to work on it.