DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
WWE might have given away the results of the Iyo/Lyra match next week. They updated Lyra's render of the semifinals with one of her in a bodysuit. Iyo continues to have her normal gear though.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
Boooooooo

who-booked-this-crap-triple-h.gif

Jinsaryko

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad Jey won. Hope he goes all the way. He's not getting a world title anytime soon, this would be a good consolation prize.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Did anyone really think Ilja was going to win? They ain't doing Ilja vs Gunther 3 on a random Raw or this soon.

The only surprise for me is it was a clean finish.

Really good Raw tonight - tournament matches got time to cook, which is nice.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Gunther vs. LA Knight is looking more real after today. Not sure on the women's side. Iyo vs. Stratton or Cargill?
Women's side will almost certainly be Lyra vs Stratton, I imagine, with Becky screwing over Iyo next week. I feel like Liv is going to lose at Saudi, then circle back around and get the title shortly before or at Summerslam now. And in the meantime, Iyo is gonna lose to Becky a few times. I have a feeling Damage CTRL as a unit is gonna be taking some pretty big Ls again soon, especially with Clash at the Castle on the horizon.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
So will it be Ilja costing Jey against Gunther, Solo/Tonga/Bloodline shenanigans costing Jey against Gunther, or a clean finish?

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Women's side will almost certainly be Lyra vs Stratton, I imagine, with Becky screwing over Iyo next week. I feel like Liv is going to lose at Saudi, then circle back around and get the title shortly before or at Summerslam now. And in the meantime, Iyo is gonna lose to Becky a few times. I have a feeling Damage CTRL as a unit is gonna be taking some pretty big Ls again soon, especially with Clash at the Castle on the horizon.

Yah, I could see them going that route with the rookies getting the rub. Just not sure if Saudi shows have had the rookies getting the spotlight when they have historically been putting on "the biggest" or "most popular" wrestlers on those cards that can and are willing to travel to that show.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
So will it be Ilja costing Jey against Gunther, Solo/Tonga/Bloodline shenanigans costing Jey against Gunther, or a clean finish?
I feel like the Bloodline is gonna cost Jey the match, mainly because Jey will probably end up returning the favor on Smackdown the following week, because I don't see Tama Tonga making it to the finals either.

Yah, I could see them going that route with the rookies getting the rub. Just not sure if Saudi shows have had the rookies getting the spotlight when they have historically been putting on "the biggest" or "most popular" wrestlers on those cards that can and are willing to travel to that show.
Yeah. Not exactly sure how this benefits Iyo either. She had the most impressive performance tonight among the women. I also feel some backstage politics are also at play here, because Becky has been very open about how she sees Lyra as the future ace of the company, and Becky's contract is apparently up in less than a month, so I can see them giving her whatever she wants in order to get her to sign a new deal.

May 22, 2023
Florida
Did anyone really think Ilja was going to win? They ain't doing Ilja vs Gunther 3 on a random Raw or this soon.

The only surprise for me is it was a clean finish.

Really good Raw tonight - tournament matches got time to cook, which is nice.
I was hoping for some kind of fuckery to pull Jey out and give him a program with someone and let us have Ilja vs Gunter finals (for example blooodline hit at Jey and then Jey costs Tama) but instead it seems we will lean into perhaps a Jey v Tama finals.
I do not see Jey as a singles champion, and he does not need the KotR. WWE is fapping about his entrance from France and now pushing the lights and all that. He is set.
KotR could have been used to elevate someone else.

AllezLesVert

Mar 30, 2024
Ya'll consuming incredibly dangerous levels of copium thinking Jey wasn't always beating Ilja clean. Whatever the IWC thinks Jey is over massively with the crowd and is being pushed, he's not losing to some NXT call-up.

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Ya'll consuming incredibly dangerous levels of copium thinking Jey wasn't always beating Ilja clean. Whatever the IWC thinks Jey is over massively with the crowd and is being pushed, he's not losing to some NXT call-up.

Add in that Jey is 38, and on his way to 39, so WWE needs to pull the trigger now and see how far he can climb in popularity before they start paving the way for the likes of Ilja (only 30 and has many years ahead of him for the spotlight). King of the Ring is LA Knights, Gunthers, and Jeys to lose right now since all 3 are vying for the secondary main event slots that are also stacked with Damien, Drew, Randy, AJ Styles, Braun, Finn, Sami, Logan, Andrade, KO, and Solo all wanting a shot at the CM Punk, Cody, and Seth slot.

Bobby, Sheamus, Kofi, The Miz, Nakamura, and Rey are on the elder statesmen's side of their career and likely won't be sniffing any heavyweight/universal title for a while beyond helping put over the younger talent.

It'll be interesting to see where Ilja, Carmelo, and Bron are this time next year. Who knows if WWE will pull the trigger on Montez or Dragon Lee this year, too.

Rustyspider13

Shinra Employee
Nov 16, 2023
Another great Raw. Marked out for Lillian. I'm glad the crowd reacted well to her. Sometimes you get crowds who don't give a shit about returning legends but not this one. The crowd was actually quite good for most of the show.

This is the most impressed I've been with Priest since becoming champ. Delivered a good promo to Drew, kept the JD story going with Carlito. Even teased the Rhea-Dom problems. Good stuff.

The tourney matches were very fun and all the right people won. Iyo's booking was very face-like today, which was a bit of a surprise. Iyo v Lyra should be good and Gunther can make a broom look good in the ring. I know it won't happen but I really wish both winners would be from Raw. The King General and the Queen of the Sky! But Jey has a very good chance of toppling Gunther as the man is OVER. Lyon has started something great with the phone lights and I'm sure WWE and Jey are grateful.

I used to find 3 hour Raws quite boring but they've got so many stories going that it honestly goes by decently. Gable and the AA, Ludwig, Ricochet, Bron, Kiana, Strowman-all of them got mic time which keeps them in the spotlight, even for a little bit.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017

The whole Liv Morgan experience is 100% reliant on Rhea so they'd need to sprinkle the stuff before she's ready to come back or else we're in a long term Liv Morgan reign, which is pretty much the worst realistic scenario we have right now.

But I think Iyo will win on RAW side after a long match against Lyra. On Smackdown side I think:

Tiffany vs Bianca --> Tiffany

Jade vs Nia --> Jade

Tiffany vs Jade --> Jade

With Nia and Tiffany interfering at King&Queen of the Ring to cost Jade the crown, leading us to queen Iyo. With Clash being something like:

Becky v Queen Iyo
Bayley vs Chelsea w/Piper
Nia&Tiffany v Jade&Bianca for the tag titles

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Weird that the Ilja vs Jey match would bring out a weird discussion I wasn't a fan of lol

Apparently there's a whole idea of "protecting" people and not wanting them to "lose clean" in order to become bigger? That seems weird. It seems weird about caring about losses. Isn't that like the whole point of storytelling? I feel like this just implies like winning is the only implication of strength or power.

Fuck that noise. The idea of Ilja not being able to lose clean his second match on Raw just seems absurd lol

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ilja losing is whatever, he just went up and Jey is super over. But, now im getting worried this is leading to a Jey or even random LA Knight KOTR win, when it clearly should be Gunther, leading up to hopefully a title match in Berlin.

Jey might be over (actually, he's super over) but a guy that carries a division, and I like him. Gunther most certainly is.

View: https://x.com/FadeAwayMedia/status/1790199668560814137

Otis looks so sad tho :(

Last edited:

KillingJoke

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of Priest tbh. Looking back he hasn't really done anything other than celeb matches and just happen to be part of Judgment day. Feels like a 2010's temp champ.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I have enjoyed this years game a lot.

My only real gripe ( and its a specific but small one) is there are way less interactions you can do with weapons now. Used to you could prop ladders against other ladders. Setup double tables. Do specific interactions with weapons like the "Con-chair-to" stuff like that but in general its better than its been in years and the roster is amazing.

GNjTHoIXoAERs_m.png

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
WWE 2K24 is pretty decent, but fuck locking alternative characters to timed events in MyFaction which require not only a certain character but certain type of card to unlock - they have 2 events like this coming up this week alone with Elite Hulk Hogan and the Roman Reigns variants to unlock.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Deep down I want the alpha academy to actually embrace gable and turn heel, like have otis as a monster and tozawa as a sort of low ki

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Deep down I want the alpha academy to actually embrace gable and turn heel, like have otis as a monster and tozawa as a sort of low ki
I kinda want Otis to join Gable in going heel. He could be a *sporadic* comedic relief in a Gable/Otis/Creed Brothers faction.

Plus that'd free up Tozawa to be a singles competitor. Maxxine could continue being with Ivy Nile.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda want Otis to join Gable in going heel. He could be a *sporadic* comedic relief in a Gable/Otis/Creed Brothers faction.

Plus that'd free up Tozawa to be a singles competitor. Maxxine could continue being with Ivy Nile.

I feel the direction is all creed brothers including ivy nile will join gable