Cash Money

Dec 8, 2023
Hopefully they show the animation process from Studio Mir as well, so we can finally end the incorrect rumor that the show is cel-shaded 3D.
...is it not? I thought the 3D models in the end credits sequence was them showing that off. There's some shots in the show itself that definitely look it too.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Interesting they bringing in Bishop's baby mama
f03a5712d9bf9503a9f0da90c3ab4b3b.jpg

I had no idea Deathbird and Bishop were a thing but it makes perfect X-Men sense.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing confirmed, but a producer who worked with him on witcher pretty much subtweeted and deleted that he was a physically and verbally abusive guy.
We can only hope that he changed within the five years since he worked on that show. As for what got him kicked from Disney, it's been complete silence.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
...is it not? I thought the 3D models in the end credits sequence was them showing that off. There's some shots in the show itself that definitely look it too.

There's some 3D elements for vehicles and environments, and the blurred out background crowd in the UN fight were likely 3D crowd sim, but most of the character animation is either hand drawn or 2D puppet rigs.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Did you guys remember homophobic nightcrawler from the ultimate X-men? What a crazy book that was. I think colossus was gay in that universe. They were besties, but Nightcrawler disowned Colossus after learning. Ultimate universe was wild.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
They did essentially rotoscope 3D models for a few shots, but apparently only in the first 3 eps. The animation supervisor for the show has claimed on Twitter that the show is 99% traditional animation, and even clowned on one of the supposed "leakers" who kept insisting the show was 3D.

View: https://twitter.com/Jpolgar1/status/1768718731558232147

View: https://twitter.com/Jpolgar1/status/1768705471131914254

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Quick question...who was the winged mutant you see in the opening Genosha shots (before the Blackbird lands) in ep. 5? IIRC, they had black and red wings, or maybe just one color or the other. And actually, is there a list somewhere of all the mutants they show in the whole episode? I thought I saw Azazel at the party for a sec.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question...who was the winged mutant you see in the opening Genosha shots (before the Blackbird lands) in ep. 5? IIRC, they had black and red wings, or maybe just one color or the other. And actually, is there a list somewhere of all the mutants they show in the whole episode? I thought I saw Azazel at the party for a sec.
This one? Probably Gargouille. The guy at the gala may have just been Exodus in formal attire.

ska44kB.jpeg

New Rockstars probably had the most complete breakdown of the cameos. They spotted a lot of really obscure ones that I thought were just made up for the show.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWmAnXCsEA0&pp=ygUNbmV3IHJvY2tzdGFycw%3D%3D

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
This one? Probably Gargouille. The guy at the gala may have just been Exodus in formal attire.

ska44kB.jpeg

Yeah, that's the one! I thought he'd be someone I recognized from the games I've played (MvC, M:UA, etc.), but he's new to me.

New Rockstars probably had the most complete breakdown of the cameos. They spotted a lot of really obscure ones that I thought were just made up for the show.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWmAnXCsEA0&pp=ygUNbmV3IHJvY2tzdGFycw%3D%3D

Whoa, that's a lot of cameos! Unfortunately for me, I don't know too many of them, other than Azazel, Marrow, and maybe one or two more who were never in the original series.

Btw, I don't like the implication that Magneto is involved. I think it'd be a huge step back from how he was behaving in the final episode of the original series. Then again, it's possible that that's where they would have gone with his character had the original series continued for one more season.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I liked it, kind of wish Storm's part was it's own thing overall, but not bad for the mixture of the two.

I would've died laughing if Xavier had said "Gambit, no, not my favorite!" in his vision.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Remember when pepole said that this show was going to be poorly animated...now i would arc its easily the best looking Marvel animated show

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Another great episode! Those Storm scenes were so epic! Charles literally schooling the colonizers was so so good. Wasn't expecting the Genosha villain reveal, but will be interesting to see what's going on there. Still holding out hope for Cassandra or Bastian to show up.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Storm stuff was great, I just wished that the pacing with her story and Forge was handled better. Also still confused about the demon owl thing lol...

Oct 26, 2023
Storm stuff was great, I just wished that the pacing with her story and Forge was handled better. Also still confused about the demon owl thing lol...
I think it would have been better if Ororo's story was told in a single episode, but I get why they wanted to overlap her's and Charles' story so that they both could know about Genosha at the same time. I believe the biggest problem is, while it's clear it's been a while since she joined Forge as Scott says Madelyne left a month ago in ep 5, it still feels like mere days have passed.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Storm just magically grew out her hair lol

Is that wilder than magically changing clothes?

I'm watching the show with my gf and her theory is that she "absorbed" the demon and by accepting herself and overcoming the fear/self loathing.

You can see the demon's feathers swirl around her near the end when her clothes are changing. The changing of her appearance is symbolic of her absorbing/defeating.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I'm watching the show with my gf and her theory is that she "absorbed" the demon and by accepting herself and overcoming the fear/self loathing.

You can see the demon's feathers swirl around her near the end when her clothes are changing. The changing of her appearance is symbolic of her absorbing/defeating.

I ain't mad at it. The demon itself is largely symbolic. It's no accident they used Storm's voice actor for the Adversary.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Storm's outfit yasss. I hope everyone ends up slowly changing things up (which leads to Emma getting a different outfit as well)

Apr 17, 2018
So yeah, the Cassandra dream is over.
They even adapted the Master Mold scene with (a) Trask, but they tied it back to Sinister instead.
And yet I'm not even mad, it's narratively tighter to have Sinister be the overarching villain of the Season.

This show continues to have no right being this fucking good.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I can't believe Nimrod got an opening credits mention in the thread before Nightcrawler