• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Storm can make costumes out of lightning?

Originally, she just had costumes made out of unstable molecules that had a "memory" that could be activated with an electrical current, so clothes that could swap from a very specific civilian outfit to a very specific superhero suit when electrified.

"Power creep" has led to her re-arranging the unstable molecules of her costume electromagnetically.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Live Action X Men movies can ever live up to these episodes now.. what a banger of a show

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

X-Men TAS movie with a Spider-Verse budget

lELH0km.png

disney, give them what they want

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The MCU is just right now the Heros Reborn Era without mutants in the world after Onslaught, only for them to come back in the real world finally and meet the xmen again 👀

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I do feel like that a X-Men Animated Movie won't be a 1 to 1 adaption of Onslaught but you could definetly tackle the broad strokes of it (you could even bring in the 90s Marvel Shows into iut)

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
Was this the first episode ever where not a single character named in the intro actually appeared in the episode itself?

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
Don't see the point of a Movie unless they are going to significantly upgrade the animation to Japanese golden era anime movies.
A movie that's going to look the same might as well just be a 3 or 4 parts episode story/arc.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Good episode, but I'm in the camp that wished the whole thing was about Storm (even though I love space opera X-Men). The transformation scene was amazing though, and I choose to believe the triple typhoon was an MvC reference.

View: https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/status/1780611209802518949

Brown Wolverine? Cowl Cyclops? '80s Kitty?!

View: https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/status/1780610988938768590

Once again furthers the notion that the creatives have been purposely misleading us to pull the rug from under out feet.

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, they just want sell action figures, new hat versions of same characters.
Waiting for Wolvy in his Pride of X-Men suit.

Oct 27, 2017
I assume Beau was fired for being an abusive dude, and I know we shouldn't reward bad behavior, but they should keep him around as a consultant or whatever because this dude is cookin'

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The only thing that could've made the scene better was Storm with textured hair.

Tangentially related, but Storm also flew into space in the comics just recently.

GLYsN_1b0AA-MRL

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Yeah, I'm a bit worried about some of the "keep him around" talk. We don't know yet. I found myself thinking that briefly.

The worst part of this Twitter commentary is that it's endearing people to him and if he did something really reprehensible that's not great. But if it was all bullshit, what a way to work on building back fan appreciation.

The only thing that could've made the scene better was Storm with textured hair.

Tangentially related, but Storm also flew into space in the comics just recently.

GLYsN_1b0AA-MRL

Agreed. I've loved the mohawk forever but the ankle length textured hair won me over big. Someone said it looked like clouds and I didn't even associate it with that - I just love how it looks on her - but being like clouds is perfection.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah, I'm a bit worried about some of the "keep him around" talk. We don't know yet. I found myself thinking that briefly.

The worst part of this Twitter commentary is that it's endearing people to him and if he did something really reprehensible that's not great. But if it was all bullshit, what a way to work on building back fan appreciation.
The abuse allegations are the current talk of the streets, which his firing from The Witcher's Netflix series also backs up. But it's true that we don't know with 100% certainty, & I'm not sure we ever will unless someone on the production team for '97 comes forward. Though it's because that talk exists that I don't feel comfortable calling for Beau's return.

Agreed. I've loved the mohawk forever but the ankle length textured hair won me over big. Someone said it looked like clouds and I didn't even associate it with that - I just love how it looks on her - but being like clouds is perfection.
Her textured hair looking like clouds was actually the logic Russell Dauterman had behind his Storm redesign (also gathering critiques from the Black community).

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Her textured hair looking like clouds was actually the logic Russell Dauterman had behind his Storm redesign (also gathering critiques from the Black community).

This is what I was so desperately hoping for when she did her magical girl transformation. I want her to look like a weather goddess and the cloud hair is a perfect way of expressing that along with her heritage.

The black and gold outfit is an acceptable compromise, at least, but I will always wish they went all the way.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This is what I was so desperately hoping for when she did her magical girl transformation. I want her to look like a weather goddess and the cloud hair is a perfect way of expressing that along with her heritage.

The black and gold outfit is an acceptable compromise, at least, but I will always wish they went all the way.
We still have a few more seasons, so they could always give our goddess textured hair later. But yeah, I consider Russell's Storm one of the greatest designs she's ever had (if not THE greatest).

GKzueKrW4AAxo_F

We didn't get this greatness until relatively recently (last year, if I recall), so that might be why it didn't make it into '97.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Mags cut from the opening character intros made me sad, then Nightcrawler getting one made me happy, then he didn't show up at all and it made me sad.

That reporter who was pissy at Cyclops lying about Nathan is going to have fits when Xavier comes back from the dead.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Not to get all "this doesn't make sense" on anyone, but is there an actual "powers" explanation of how her hair grew back? I assume her costume could have been under her clothes, but just wondering if there is something about her hair that I don't know or if it was just cool to do.

Oct 26, 2023
So what are your top three performances so far? I think Rogue, Storm and Mags take the cake. But they are all extremely strong so far.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Mags whenever he gets to monologue. Rogue in a lot of Remember It. Storm just feels like Storm so it's expected.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
So what are your top three performances so far? I think Rogue, Storm and Mags take the cake. But they are all extremely strong so far.

Storm and Magneto are leading the pack for sure. Alison Sealy-Smith sounds like she's never left the 90s.

The third spot is a bit more competitive, but Rogue and Jean/Maddie have had the most range.

Not to get all "this doesn't make sense" on anyone, but is there an actual "powers" explanation of how her hair grew back? I assume her costume could have been under her clothes, but just wondering if there is something about her hair that I don't know or if it was just cool to do.

It was magic. A visual metaphor. That's it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I actually think this show is on the lower end of Hale's performances in terms of quality. It's not that she's doing a bad job, she's just not doing ANYTHING I haven't already heard her do for decades now. It's a very standard Jen performance.

Putting some thought into it, I think Ray Chase nailing Cyclops' interview breakdown ("you should thank God we haven't killed you all") is a way more interesting bit of performance than anything we've got out of Jean so far.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode overall I think. I was surprised by the cosmic stuff but then I often forget the ties with that present with the X-Men.

Seems we're going with Sinister as the overarching villain unless we swerve a bit.

X-Men Wednesday is here!

Check the ep

And my House of X/Powers of X collection just came in.

I just got mine yesterday! Haven't had a chance to sit down with it yet.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
They're all good to great but Storm has been the most consistently amazing performance, though to be fair she's had the most to do up until last episode.