• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Xavier is gonna go clashing with Cyclops morphing into Magneto-lite.

I think that's what they want us to think is going to happen. I don't think it's going to be what actually happens, though. I think Xavier's going to swoop in, fully intending to be all papa bear and pull everyone back from the brink, and then he'll find out Magneto died and shit will go south very, very quickly.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I don't think Live Action X Men movies can ever live up to these episodes now.. what a banger of a show

The budget requirements to pull this off in live action (massive cast, multiple locations and set pieces, special effects and costumes) would be bonkers.

My issue with the movies was how much of them ultimately devolved into just being about Wolverine in the original timeline, and then the second timeline started repeating that ony with Mystique.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's what they want us to think is going to happen. I don't think it's going to be what actually happens, though. I think Xavier's going to swoop in, fully intending to be all papa bear and pull everyone back from the brink, and then he'll find out Magneto died and shit will go south very, very quickly.
Maybe Magneto faked his death too lol. The circus continues. Wouldn't rule it out, to ponder his final choice between still believing in coexistence or going full Ultimatum-tier on humans.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Magneto faked his death too lol. The circus continues. Wouldn't rule it out, to ponder his final choice between still believing in coexistence or going full Ultimatum-tier on humans.

I mean even if that's the case, we may not learn it right now. And Xavier might THINK he's dead, which would be enough.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Are we assuming that each of the characters will end up getting their own leitmotif? The theme from Storm's glass tornado scene in the first ep was featured again here. Looking back, I think Cyclops and Jubilee also got distinctive themes.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I mean even if that's the case, we may not learn it right now. And Xavier might THINK he's dead, which would be enough.
Oh yeah drama galore until further notice for sure. For one, I don't think X-Men will be very happy that Xavier is actually alive and didn't even bother to mention it - especially with Gambit being dead 100%.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Just checked out the latest episode, just wondering if Xaviers armor (well, helmet) was a Easter Egg/nod to Stryfe? Since the two helmet designs do seem sorta similar.

Anyway, Storm rocks, she's had a few good lines/moments so far in the show and her awakening toward the end of the episode was terrific, top 3 moment in the show for sure.

Loved the cosmic stuff as well, looks terrific in this artstyle, if the earth story wasnt so good, Id have loved to see more... guess there's merit in whoever was asking for the Silver Surfer animated series to be brought back... imagine it in this artstyle...

Great reveal at the end as well, not at all surprising considering that there were articles regarding the main villain of the series.

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nope, it's the look from around Uncanny 275.
latest

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah drama galore until further notice for sure. For one, I don't think X-Men will be very happy that Xavier is actually alive and didn't even bother to mention it - especially with Gambit being dead 100%.

The X-Men were all there when Xavier left for Shi'ar space to undergo treatment, so I don't think they'd be too upset.

Silverhand

Oct 26, 2023
My only issue with Xavier back is Mags was the leader for a full hot minute. It was almost pointless. A lot of story protentional that has to be sacrificed to a 10 episode season.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
My only issue with Xavier back is Mags was the leader for a full hot minute. It was almost pointless. A lot of story protentional that has to be sacrificed to a 10 episode season.

Yeah. This is what pissed me off. They gave us an INTERESTING status quo and blew it up before we could see anything substantially done with it.

I hope they don't just speedrun to fucking Krakoa or something. Krakoa is a narrative gravity well that consumes everything around it and the show is nowhere near ready to be tethered to that.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Season 2 is going to be New X-Men. The Shi'ar stuff is going to come back and bite everyone in the ass. I'm calling it now, especially with Vulcan.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Pepole may disagree with me on this but can you imagine the Onslaught Saga with all the budget. (Also I think Onslaught hands down would be the best option for an X-Men 97 Animated Movie)

latest
I don't necessarily disagree. I'm actually one of those people who thinks Onslaught is a cool idea, especially things have been done with him more recently.

But In my personal opinion it does require the Avengers in the Fantastic Four at the very least to pull off properly.

The Ultimate sacrifice that's made at the end of that story needs to happen for the story to even slightly work.

And also...I want an entirely unhinged Hulk getting so angry at Onslaught that a single punch is as powerful as a nuclear blast.

3113680-2801463142-30525.jpg

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I don't necessarily disagree. I'm actually one of those people who thinks Onslaught is a cool idea, especially things have been done with him more recently.

But In my personal opinion it does require the Avengers in the Fantastic Four at the very least to pull off properly.

The Ultimate sacrifice that's made at the end of that story needs to happen for the story to even slightly work.

And also...I want an entirely unhinged Hulk getting so angry at Onslaught that a single punch is as powerful as a nuclear blast.

They could bring in the 90s shows to represent that

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly wasn't expecting the Professor to be back at all this season, or at least not until after everything was said and done. Given that I wasn't expecting him back so soon, it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the story plays out, now that he is back. And actually, I'm surprised they didn't at least tell new viewers that he was actually out in space with his alien gf, rather than pretending like he's been dead all this time.

That reminds me...I'm also surprised that they didn't tell new viewers about Storm's claustrophobia until this episode. They hinted at it in episode 4, but that could have easily been interpreted as Storm being skeptical of Forge's machine actually working.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

Perfect time to revive all of the other Fox era cartoons for an animated shared universe, and then jump into an Onslaught movie.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
They could bring in the 90s shows to represent that

Yeah they could but it wouldn't have the same level of sacrifice. Since they don't have revivals and we have no idea what they're doing and the show is pretty much treating the X-Men as if they're the only superhero show in town.

I was actually following the behind the scenes stuff for comic books when Onslaught and Heroes Reborn happened. And I was still shocked that they went through with it. Because while the X-Men megafan back then...

I would pick up issues of Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Avengers and Fantastic Four. And I knew that sacrifice of those characters was a big deal, even if it was just to pocket dimension them.

I shared my favorite Hulk moment from that story, but the true tragedy is the X-Men being forced to kill the Avengers and Fantastic Four... As the world watched.

That's powerful.

The X-Men doing a horrible thing to save the world. And the other heroes knowing it needs to happen.

It's actually kind of funny because the Fall of Mutants story that they half adapted was the X-Men sacrificing their lives to imprison Adversary forever, only tor be resurrected by Roma.

It led to mutants being accepted for a time because of the X-Men sacrifice. And eventually undone by X-Tinction Agenda.

They are obviously not doing the whole Fall of the Mutants story.

Okay this has become a history lesson, a personal story and a speech.

To end it, I'm liking the show more than I expected to. And I really don't want an Onslaught Saga unless then spend episodes on the Avengers and F4.

Last edited:

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
X-Men is finally back to being great in its own lane after years of roaming the proverbial Outback and y'all wanna weigh it down with the Avengers? Really??

It's bad enough Captain America is showing up this season.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I do think they could change the Onslaught story to make it less Avengers focused. I do think a movie would be the best way to go all out..Studio MIR getting a Movie budget would be mmmhhhh

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Btw, did Ronan show up in the original series? I already forgot, but I feel like I've seen him looking like this in at least one of the old shows (X-Men: TAS, Silver Surfer, F4, etc.).

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Fair, what story do you think would work with a movie?

Would love one focusing on the New Mutants. We already got Bobby and the Hellfire Club established. Introduce the rest of the cast over the next season or so and do a wild Nova Roma adaptation.

But if it comes after the series is finished? Do HoX/PoX.

Honestly, I wouldn't be completely mad at Onslaught showing up somewhere, especially as a misdirection. Just no real need to adapt that story straight up.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Not to get all "this doesn't make sense" on anyone, but is there an actual "powers" explanation of how her hair grew back? I assume her costume could have been under her clothes, but just wondering if there is something about her hair that I don't know or if it was just cool to do.

She inadvertently tapped into the follicle dimension

Jan 23, 2022
Oct 8, 2019
Retcon united United They Stand into the Heroes Reborn of that universe

I dont think United They Stand was ever meant to be set in the same universe as Spider-man and X-men. It doesnt even have Robert Hays as Iron Man despite him playing Iron Man in three different series and the Marvel Capcom fighters.

Why is Vulcan appearing important? as someone above said I only know he's the brother of Cyclops

Deadly Genesis where its revealed that the All New X-men where a backup team to a team that died on Krakoa with Darwin and Vulcan being the only survivors and War of Kings where Vulcan dethrones Lilandra and takes over the Shi'ar to start a war with both the Kree, and Inhumans.