• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 8, 2019
Was that really a reference to him and if so, did he know

Its Gambit's brother from his origin episode

marvel-90s-cartoons.fandom.com

Robert LeBeau

Robert LeBeau, better known as 'Bobby', is a member of the Thieves Guild and the brother of the X-Man, Gambit. Bobby and his brother Remy both grew up in New Orleans as part of the 'Thieves Guild'. When Bobby became the 'Chosen One' of the Thieves to deliver the tithe to the X-Ternal, he was...

The other man is Pierre from the Thieves Guild

Pierre

Pierre is a member of the Thieves Guild of New Orleans. Pierre was a member of the Thieves Guild when Gambit walked out and joined the X-Men. Years later, when Gambit's brother, Bobby LeBeau was kidnapped by Bella Donna, Pierre contacted Gambit, persuading him to return to New Orleans. Pierre...

and Gambit's former lover Bella Donna Boudreux

Bella Donna Boudreaux

Bella Donna is a member of the Assassins Guild of New Orleans and a rival of Gambit. When they were growing up, Bella Donna and Gambit were romantic partners, even though they came from rival groups, the Assassins and Thieves Guilds. Gambit broke Bella Donna's heart when he left for the X-Men...

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Bruh they crammed so much in just 1 fucking episode...HOW!!!??
I'm gonna need to rewatch this a few times to process everything.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
How Rogue handled
Cap
was kinda wild to me...Was
Cap
always treated like a chump like this back in the old shows?
The disrespect is real...

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
How Rogue handled
Cap
was kinda wild to me...Was
Cap
always treated like a chump like this back in the old shows?
The disrespect is real...

There has always been an uneasy relationship between X-Men and the Avengers, since the Avengers work in coordination with government and the X-Men are often considered outlaws.

Rogue in particular has no love for them because she used to be part of Mystique's Brotherhood before joining the X-Men. She especially has bad history with Captain Marvel, who she gets her powers from.

So yeah, Rogue would see Steve Rogers as a cop and if she wanted to fuck Cap up there would be little he could do about it alone.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
7/7 Really loved Rogue this ep btw

No misses at all and that's really impressive curious to see how this will wrap up in 3 episodes

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
There has always been an uneasy relationship between X-Men and the Avengers, since the Avengers work in coordination with government and the X-Men are often considered outlaws.

Rogue in particular has no love for them because she used to be part of Mystique's Brotherhood before joining the X-Men. She especially has bad history with Captain Marvel, who she gets her powers from.

So yeah, Rogue would see Steve Rogers as a cop and if she wanted to fuck Cap up there would be little he could do about it alone.
I wonder if they're ever gonna address what the old show did to Carol Danvers, lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much everything played out about as I expected it would, which is not a bad thing. A story being confident in itself, and not just swerving wildly just to surprise savvier audience members, is good.

Jubilee's speech to Roberto is straight up what I heard some of my friends say to each other after Pulse happened, and I'm absolutely certain Beau meant it to evoke that because of the people he lost that night.

Rogue is still, as always, demonstrating why she's one of the best X-Men. Was genuinely worried for a moment that they'd off her right then and there.

I will eat crow on Magneto, though. I was expecting them to save his reveal until next season, but as soon as Kurt mentioned him I was like "oh, he's gonna be back".

"and begging for your tolerance was our first mistake"

Is Beast gonna go crazy? Wouldn't be the first time.

Someone on Reddit worked out what OZT stands for...

Yup. It's the European episode title for the three-part finale, too.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Another good one!

Yeah figured Erik was still alive. Kind of figured since Charles did sense Remy's death but not Erik's.

Bastion left a good first impression of me.

Saw being baited with Emma rather than Madelyne coming.

I wonder if they're ever gonna address what the old show did to Carol Danvers, lol

Hopefully there is some closer between Rogue and Carol.

Also Cap cameo was good to see and the Hulk name drop. I'm really hoping for another Hulk vs Wolverine bit again.

But most importantly, my girl Rogue definitely needed a hug throughout. Well Kurt did provide that lol.

And now the team knows of Cable's identity.

Just have the 3 part season finale left.

Last edited:

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, Bastion! Are they going to adapt Messiah Complex and 2nd Coming?
I didn't expect to be this emotionally affected by this episode. Kurt really does know how to make speeches.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Felt like Cyclops actually got the line of the episode during his conversation with the president not wanting to do immediate investigations regarding the sentinels. And the president trying to pull a "well there could be a less mutant-friendly President in my place." Heh.

Kaine_Parker

Jan 17, 2022
I mean, at this point can we collectively say this season has been better than the whole of the original XMTAS?
Another banger for the writers of this show.

Loved that scene between Steve & Rogue. Completely makes sense given events, however would have loved it to be between Cyclops and Cap, though.

The tension between the Avengers & the X-men in the comics (especially after terror attacks) have always been tumulus; anytime someone striked against mutants the Avengers are usually no-shows because of the 'optics'. They've always been the "thoughts & prayers" type.
Which is why it was so hypocritical of them to ask the x-men for help when Civil War was happening and the superhuman registration bill was being passed.
If I recall, I think it was Emma that told off Tony Stark about their double standards - they did nothing when the government wanted to put mutants on a registration list just for being mutants, but now that they're doing it to enhanced humans too, suddenly they're vocal about the injustice?

Also of note during the Genoshan clean-up scenes, they did mention they still haven't found Val Cooper's body & she's just gone missing.
She went 'missing' because she was never there --That's Mystique, I tell you.

Bright Eyes:
This episode will focus on Cyclops stepping up and leading the team and taking no prisoners as they hunt for the ones they believe are responsible for the attack on Genosha; Gyrich & Trask. I have a hunch that Cable is in this too; only because of the key scene of E5 where Maddie recognises Cables eyes in Genosha right before the attack (this is likely a stretch).
I think, especially for comic book fans, we're going to finally see more of the Cyclops we all know and love here. he's going to be very assertive to humanity and he's singularly focused on the Genosha Genocide. Just like in the comic books during this time, he's becoming more & more like Magneto. However the x-men are going to discover that Gyrich & Trask actually had nothing do with the attack, and be completely unprepared for the real architect of the genocide.

Tolerance is Extinction pt.1:
Could go either way here & spoilers for anyone who hasn't read Grant Morrison's New-X-men run but for those who have, we all know Cassandra Nova was behind the attack on Genosha, as part of her plan to artificially start a new war between mutants and humans.
However as Marvel is using Cassandra Nova as the big bad for Deadpool 3, I think they're going to swap her out (real shame; she would be awesome in animation) for Bastion the prime Sentinel. That's why this 3-parter story is called 'Tolerance is Extinction', and not 'E is for extinction', because the 'tolerance' part is a reference to Bastions own comic book arc 'Operation Zero Tolerance',but this is for the most part Grant Morrison's 'E is for extinction'.
I think the x-men are finally going to confront him, however he's going to outmanoeuvre them and leave them at a disadvantage.
Also, Nightcrawler will be helping them out as part of the team however.

Tolerance is Extinction pt.2:
If it IS Bastion who planned the attack, I actually think he hurts them further than just the loss of Gambit. If the comics are anything to go by (and although its from a different arc) sadly I think Bastion is gonna get the best of Kurt, and (especially if they want to make the audiences cry big time) Nightcrawler is gonna 'go' while trying to save a key member of the x-men. This drives the x-men over the edge (after the losses they've had so far, now this?) and via some stratagem, they manage to get the upper hand on Bastion and the tide turns in there favour. Bastion is done.

Tolerance is Extinction pt.3:
The real crux of the story here; whatever the x-men had to do to put Bastion in his place, it has soured human/mutant relations to the state it was prior to Xaviers live tv attack, and the x-men now have to deal with a world that is once again fearful towards mutants. Also, Cyclops, who has just about had enough of having to keep saving humanity when all it does is continue to attack 'his people', he will use the Genoshan genocide as a platform and give them an ultimatum to leave them alone peacefully or suffer the consequences. The X-men took care of the best humanity could muster to wipe them out & it didn't work. Don't push him. Maybe in a live news broadcast or something. and he, rather than classic 'Magneto' will be the one to bring fear into the hearts of humanity again. At the end will see an updated slogan: "Cyclops was Right".

BUUUUT I could also be completely off. lol. :p

Not doing too bad with my predictions from 50 pages ago. :)
I've been getting most of it right so far, but it's getting a little trickier based on what the show writers are taking from different comic book arc snippets and paper mache'ing them together.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Felt like Cyclops actually got the line of the episode during his conversation with the president not wanting to do immediate investigations regarding the sentinels. And the president trying to pull a "well there could be a less mutant-friendly President in my place." Heh.

Scott was like "did you seriously just say the word 'optics' to me, of all people?"

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seeing Cap and Rogue together again reminded me that I should reread Uncanny Avengers.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I mean, at this point can we collectively say this season has been better than the whole of the original XMTAS?

Loved that scene between Steve & Rogue. Completely makes sense given events, however would have loved it to be between Cyclops and Cap, though.

The tension between the Avengers & the X-men in the comics (especially after terror attacks) have always been tumulus; anytime someone striked against mutants the Avengers are usually no-shows because of the 'optics'. They've always been the "thoughts & prayers" type.
Which is why it was so hypocritical of them to ask the x-men for help when Civil War was happening and the superhuman registration bill was being passed.
If I recall, I think it was Emma that told off Tony Stark about their double standards - they did nothing when the government wanted to put mutants on a registration list just for being mutants, but now that they're doing it to enhanced humans too, suddenly they're vocal about the injustice?

Also of note during the Genoshan clean-up scenes, they did mention they still haven't found Val Cooper's body & she's just gone missing.

I've been getting most of it right so far, but it's getting a little trickier based on what the show writers are taking from different comic book arc snippets and paper mache'ing them together.
Emma calling out Carol was good

www.tumblr.com

Panels of Interest

Emma Frost vs. Ms. Marvel. [from New X-Men (2004) #28]

ccnack

Feb 12, 2021
Another amazing episode. Bastion gives me the total creeps. Theo James did an amazing job voicing him.

Oct 26, 2023

Yeah the original had some great episodes and storylines but '97 is taking everything to a whole new level as far as I'm concerned.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
How is it possible that this show just keeps getting better? The last 10 minutes fuckin' COOK.

Onyxxx

Jun 21, 2022
Another awesome episode!
It's great to see Rogue showcasing her abilities. I wonder what new feats from the comics can be included in this series for her. Storm has finally been shown to be capable of more than just shooting lightning from her hands, and Cyclops has undergone a much-needed 'glow-up'.
It seems that Remy's death, might be a tipping point for Rogue to have a more militant attitude towards human-mutant relations and she may join Magneto's side when he returns. I know Rogue used to be a villain, but straight-up murder isn't really her thing. Wolverine, yes. Psylocke, yes. But Rogue?
I am thrilled that X-Men '97 highlights the entire team rather than just Wolverine and his occasional more powerful companions. I am curious about the reason Emma Frost survived and whether she will join the team. However, having two telepaths on the team may seem a bit repetitive for a cartoon show. Perhaps, Jean Grey will leave the team, or maybe Emma will join a new team of villains. It's all speculation at this point, and we can only wait and see.

Oct 25, 2017
Operation: Zero Tolerance. Oh damn.
Called Emma surviving and developing her diamond power. Though that's how it happened in the comic.
Rogue was in top form. Could see her switching sides.
Especially that we now know Magneto survived (though it was kind of obvious, no body.)

Next week is Part 1 of the three part finale. It's gonna get crazy.