Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
Skipping the talk cause I'm worried about spoilers but I'm enjoying the show but it really seems like the show needs another 15 mins things just progress to fast

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot I was watching the series (crazy life stuff) and started binge watching from episode 4 up to the latest.
I was getting a little bored of the love triangle stuff in episode 4 and thought about skipping to the next episode, glad I didn't. Holy crap did everything ramp up at the end of the episode and all the following episodes just piled on more.

Me:

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/LCePDmgKj66ru

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What's this I'm seeing about X-Men '97 not being able to use Deadpool? Is this confirmed or just internet BS?

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see where Deadpool would fit in unless it was gonna be a Morph cameo or EMP episode cameo

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Bat embargo is way more stupider.

Deadpool just doesn't fit currently. Also Deadpool is a prima donna character. He sucks all the eyeballs toward him. Would be a huge distraction.

What I appreciate about 97 is fleshing out of characters like Jean, Storm, Cyclop, Nightcrawler, etc.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Eh, I'm okay with no Deadpool, but that they couldn't use him or Cassandra if they actually wanted to sucks.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Eh, I'm okay with no Deadpool, but that they couldn't use him or Cassandra if they actually wanted to sucks.

This, they should be able to use whoever they want. It's not even set in the same universe so it doesn't matter. It's the same bullshit with the Batman situation, just make a bunch of Batman shows, no one's going to be confused by it. Batman is great just make more Batman.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The first volume of Deadpool launched in 1997 (he had a few mini series before then). This was his era. Hopefully this isn't for the length of the entire series.

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023
I am definitely not heartbroken at no Deadpool.

I don't think there's a character I've shifted my opinion on more as I've gotten older.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
i'm fine with Deadpool in his space, but I don't need him here. This show has plenty to do already.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Posting some Spider-Verse x X-Men 97 crossover fanart.

image0.jpg

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
I'd love a spin-off with Jean/Phoenix and the 90s Silver Surfer, that cartoon was trippy as shit and perfect cosmic weirdness

OP
OP
GreenMamba

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the show has enough to juggle with all of the characters already in it--Professor X, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Wolverine, Rogue, Beast, Gambit, Morph, Jubilee, Sunspot, Magneto, Cable, Bishop, Forge, Nightcrawler, Madelyne, Mister Sinister, Bastion--I'm okay with Deadpool appearing in an episode in a future season but focusing on the core team was the correct choice here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Well fuck Bobby, stop making snow cones and maybe get your omega level ass in gear!

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I still don't know what anyone thinks the Avengers roster even looks like in this universe. AFAIK, it'd be Cap, Tony, Rhodey, maybe Strange, maybe Spidey (doubtul at this point in time), and I guess Wanda and Pietro decided "Sure, why the hell not join a team"?

Edit: Hulk would probably be the only other person on there at this point in time.
Funny enough the roster in 1997 was actually already the Heroes Reborn roster that was in a pocket universe after they all died during Onslaught.

The team right before that would have been Captain America, Iron Man, Giant Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Black Panther, Namor, the Falcon, Quicksilver, Crystal and Hawkeye.

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but the score for this show is incredible. Whoever done it needs to do some live action MCU films.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
"Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader."

Magneto: "Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists."

God DAMN the writing in this show is good.