Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I sometimes think about Spider-Man '94 just getting a proper sixth season with the "normal" iconography, Unlimited suit intact because that suit was dope.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the last ep. Was nice getting a proper villain Magneto moment considering seasons 2-5 in the 90s series basically were almost all devoid of that. I know some dont like his heel turn, dont like them doing "another evil Magneto story" but considering how bizarrely little they did of him like that in the 90s, I appreciate it. Also.... I really get the feeling they are setting up Onslaught here, having just skimmed the origins of Onslaught... well I feel like crazier things can happen.

I know this, Unlimited had its lunch eaten by the mons.
I thought Batman Beyond hampered it as well. Didnt both launch around the same time? And both are kinda futuristic... and Spidey was a bit crap and BB was excellent. I just couldnt get on with Unlimited... just a bit of a lame series.

Id rather they just go back to the 94 series, retcon the shit out of Electro to give me a proper Sinister 6, save Mary Jane, and just pretend that Unlimited never happened.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
Any predictions for tomorrow?

I feel like Rogue will stay to nurse Magneto, kind of like Colossus did in the comics, maybe stealing his power to save the world. And the ending stinger will be Apocalypse showing a transformed Gambit. But what they do about Bastion, Im not sure as it seems like Gold teams mission has gone so sideways. Bishop comes back and does something? Jean Phoenixs out and blows him to pieces?

Also, no Deadpool please. Yeah vetos suck but at the same time Deadpool seems wrong for this show and I dont miss Cassandra either.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Also, no Deadpool please. Yeah vetos suck but at the same time Deadpool seems wrong for this show and I dont miss Cassandra either.
At best, I could see him fitting in as a Morph cameo or maybe he's the equivalent of those FoC thugs from episode one or two where Cyclops skated around the warehouse blasting 'em. He'd be like a cold opener fight scene and little more.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
GNWwaB9WcAApCd9

Scott was setting those teams up for failure.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Any predictions for tomorrow?

I feel like Rogue will stay to nurse Magneto, kind of like Colossus did in the comics, maybe stealing his power to save the world. And the ending stinger will be Apocalypse showing a transformed Gambit. But what they do about Bastion, Im not sure as it seems like Gold teams mission has gone so sideways. Bishop comes back and does something? Jean Phoenixs out and blows him to pieces?

Ending stinger wise, Im leaning between the one you suggested (seems likely to happen sooner or later), and something to indicate Onslaught.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm thinking while this is a logical direction for Magneto to go, this EMP Magneto is not the real one.

a) the whole Purple People Eater shaving scene still does not set right with me. There was time between that near naked Magneto to do something to his mind or clone him. Yes, simple mental torture easily could have pushed him over the edge. Thinking Bastion might have the real on still locked up powering his Sentinel base.

b) I get Magneto desire to protect Mutants, but after shutting down the world, his first impulse should have been gathering allies to take down Bastion after resting. Leaving Bastion free with all that Sentinel tech is just asking for Genosha 2.0.

Wishful thinking- I prefer Magneto a dark shade of gray. I don't think the EMP itself was wrong (as a war move), but his followup is.

The reason I like weekly drops is that it allows some fan theories like this without making you feel absolutely foolish suggesting stuff to people who have already watched it. But I really feel like we are basically no-prizing some of this stuff. Like I want Bastion to have had a plan and that's why he kept Magneto alive. I want Magneto to have reacted to the threat of the Sentinels in panic and decided to just EMP the planet to get rid of them. I'm fine with Magneto going back to "screw the humans" after what he went through but what about the mutants? Even the explanation of "well the mutants will be fine because they have powers" falls flat because they are being hunted down by humans in the beginning of the episode and, like the Morlocks before, it's kinda like, well good luck! Would've done wonders to include a scene of Magneto gathering up the various mutants/sounding the call to get them to take sides before just dooming the world and doing an Apocalypse survival of the fittest.

I just think despite the explanations a lot of these things aren't going to be covered by the plot, but I guess we'll see this week.

This is kind of what I'm talking about, I mean I'm glad he's responding so much and clearly loves this project but this kind of response absolutely seems like a no-prize and in no way was the original intent. Otherwise just put a line, one line, to cover this. Oh, Operation Galactic Storm, cool Easter egg.

Like they had Cap on Earth right after the fall of Genosha! One line from them: "Oh, why the hell haven't the Avengers been helping with Genosha? Oh because all of our heavy hitters are in space dealing with the Shiar/Kree, but I have my small strike team ready..."

Last edited:

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, after rewatching last week's episode, I want the finale to go out with a BANG. They could of got some people into movie theaters by putting the 3-Part Finale on the big screen! Missed opportunity IMO

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
At first I was like "how is that possible" but the tweet omits the "original series" part. Like Bluey must be higher than that, right?

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
They really did that moment from fatal attractions.

I fucking love this show. If we get onslaught (though I wanted an MCU adaption), I'm gonna fan girl scream in my apartment.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
They should just give him his own show.

That's the dream, right?

I have absolutely zero doubt that because of the huge success of X-Men '97 and the fan demand for Spider-Man '98, there have at least been some conversations at Marvel Studios.

The only thing I would think that could hold it back would be that they already have a completely original Spider-Man series coming in the form of Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. But realistically, they could greenlight Spider-Man '98 today and the two confirmed seasons of YFNSM would have aired in full by the time '98 hypothetically premiered.

I don't consider Unlimited a continuation of Spider-Man 94 and I don't think Marvel does either.

It was officially a loose sequel.

It wasn't. A lot of us assumed it was a sequel when we were younger because it premiered a year after the 1994 series ended and had some clear references (the 1994 theme being used for a moment in the pilot) and some loose shared elements (1994 ending with multiverse shenanigans, leading into an entire series about it) but it was never developed as a sequel.

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe lists X-Men and Spider-Man taking place on the same Earth, with no mention of Unlimited at all. I actually don't think Marvel has ever officially given it its own Earth designation.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
WOW, Im amazed they are doing the storyline (though I barely remember anything) of the Xmen comics I read as a kid. Admittedly, it was only a handful bought from ToyrRUS with the holographic card stamped on to the cover. And the biggest memory seared in to me was that last scene. Mags ripping out Wolverines adamantium. I was geeking out at that last episode.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I sincerely thank this show for making me excited about superheroes again.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
I cant remember what time these drop. Is it based on American Pacific time? It is nearly 3pm on the 15th here in Japan and I am chomping at the bit.

As for relevance of Sanctuary 1 and 2, I dont know. Following on from my previous guesses, it has a last minute appeerance by Apocalypse showing that a character is not actually dead. It has a "Gambit isnt dead" beat. It has the destruction of the asteroid. It has everyone blaming the X-Men for shit that Magneto and other people did. It also has a seemingly dead but not actually dead Magneto using his powers to fix everything. That is about all I got.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
X-Men '97 is so good that it makes me want to dive into a bunch of old Marvel animated shows. Leading up to tonight's finale, I'm about halfway through the final season in my Spider-Man 1994 rewatch.

Just like X-Men 1992, it holds up really damn well. Both of them show so much respect for the source material but Spider-Man was what got me into comics and likely an entire segment of nerd culture that I perhaps never would have gotten into.

Last edited: