DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023
Yaaay it stuck the landing.

Liked or loved 9/10 episodes, that's pretty good I think.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
Gotta give them props, never expected them to literally go there! That Cyclops and Jean Grey ending was the first actual comic I bought, so I am feeling all the feelings right now 🤩😱😢😈

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
If I were to make a list of the top five projects that Marvel Studios has produced since Iron Man in 2008, X-Men '97 would be in it.

Absolutely incredible end to the season. I have so many (positive) thoughts but I'll start off with the most basic: seeing civilian Peter and MJ in the clothing they wore in the 1994 series made me so happy, I think I made an audible noise.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
The falling Astroid M totally gave off Age of Ultron vibes.
Also part of me hopes that really wasn't the end of Bastion. I really like him as a villain.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Losing my god damn mind right now.

GNmoAtNWQAANntU

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to guess we get a "end credits" scene next week and I'm guessing it's going to be Apocalypse and Gambit. They're going to leave us on a tease that Gambit will return.

Nostrodalek

This entire series is a miracle. It's insane how great this was.

Notice they didn't show where Logan and Morph ended up.

I'm so dang proud they are adapting The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. It's such a sweet thing for them to actually get to raise Nathan after all.

Is this the first appearance of Rachel in the series? I can't remember if she was in the old run.

Last edited:

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Bruh Disney needs to give X-Men 97 a huge bump in their budget for future seasons, and maybe even other 90's spinoff revivals.
This shit deserves it SO MUCH!!!

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
That wall of Potential Xmen recruits had some fun names on there Now im more convinced Emma will come in and join this slapdash team they put together but also Iceman? Magik?? I need it all

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Absolutely incredible end to the season. I have so many (positive) thoughts but I'll start off with the most basic: seeing civilian Peter and MJ in the clothing they wore in the 1994 series made me so happy, I think I made an audible noise.

Me too. I'd recognize that yellow outfit MJ was wearing anywhere :D

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
When they showed President Kelly watching the Asteroid plummet to the Earth I actually said "What's the plan now, dumbass?!" to my TV.

And I noticed the way they spoke about what Magneto did to the planet matched what Beau said on Twitter, basically a permanent blackout but not destroying or slowly dooming the planet like a lot of us thought. That retroactively makes last episode a bit better... but it's still an issue that seemingly everyone who watched it thought the same thing at the time.

Oct 27, 2017
Ngl I was expecting it to end on some painful cliffhanger but that line at the end was perfect

- glad to see we weren't getting Onslaught as it was really looking like they could have gone down that road
- S1 has given us "Magneto was right." but also "MAGNETO LIVES" lol
- Pete found his MJ? (Or is this a different part in the timeline / different timeline perhaps)
- splitting the team between past and future is interesting
- Horseman Gambit was much a go

can't wait for S2

Last edited:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I have to collect my thoughts (and sleep), but what an amazing finale. So is next season AoA, but across different time periods?
This is still 1997. That's probably Hydro MJ
No Onslaught and no AoA. AoA is an alternate present timeline where Xavier never lived to form the X-Men and Apocalypse took over. In this series, most of the X-Men are in their past and two are in the far future. Both these time periods "happen". Well. The future one is a "possible future" but it's the one Cable is from so all his experiences happen.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
Bastion's last line went super hard

"Humanity would rather die than have kids like us!"

And speaking of Bastion that fight with Kurt had me biting my nails! I thought they would pull a Second Coming on us, glad that didn't happen.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
jesus just thinking of the storylines they might be doing, next season is packed. Hope they can balance 3 (4???) whole timelines and their extended cast.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I have to collect my thoughts (and sleep), but what an amazing finale. So is next season AoA, but across different time periods?
This is still 1997. That's probably Hydro MJ

The Spider-Man animated series ended in 1998 but the entire thing likely took place in roughly 1-2 years. I'm rewatching it now and there's a moment in the third season that states it had only been a few months since the 1994 pilot episode.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I assume instead of Age of Apocalypse, they're doing Rise of Apocalypse. Along with The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix.

I wonder if they actually introduce Rachel.