Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Greenberg loves his troll armies around the world. Nothing will happen, unfortunately.

I hope the victim lands on her feet.
Okay. I just just rolled my eyes when people in this thread started to say this shit is what MS wants, because, that's just stupid. But your now accusing a person working for MS directlly of supporting rape and death threats.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
As I edited my first post after you replied. If Greenberg is supporting this type of behaviour out of the fanbase, show receipts otherwise it's just throwing more garbage on this dumpster fire.

We both agree that this situation sucks.
Don't care about Greenberg, I care about Microsoft here (and Greenberg happens to be one of Xbox's "faces"), would love to see him come out and clearly state that Microsoft does not support the behaviour of XboxBR and that they're gonna do something about it. I do like to believe people care and are not assholes. :)

Verchod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's incredibly awful, and absolutely the wrong way to respond to that situation. Microsoft should be giving her a much higher profile role rather than firing her.

Oct 27, 2017
Okay. I just just rolled my eyes when people in this thread started to say this shit is what MS wants, because, that's just stupid. But your now accusing a person working for MS directlly of supporting rape and death threats.
Aaron Greenberg is like the big bad boogie man amongst people. Any reasonable person knows none of those guys actually condone rape and murder threats

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
I told everyone nothing would be fucking done. Dont expect gaming journalists to go directly against one of Big Three.

Embarassing but on brand with Xbox.
So much this.
Smh at the "good guy MS/Xbox US has to punish Xbox Brasil" comments...
They've always known and they're not any different.
If they were we wouldn't be having this thread.
Greenberg loves his troll armies around the world. Nothing will happen, unfortunately.

I hope the victim lands on her feet.

Some of these post...lmao cant be serious lol. Anyway its a weekend, this apparently popped up what 24hrs ago ? Lets actually give MS some time to react an handle this, im sure this type of thing will take at least a few days to look into. Yall are acting as if a week passed or some shit with no response smh.

carlosrso

Oct 27, 2017
Ipatinga, Brazil
Ah, 3rd world gaming culture is rotten
Sorry for derailing the topic. I really hope that you reread this phrase and think about how wrong is this. The world has a problem with representation and toxicity as a whole, this is not related to how much money the country has (or their average skin color too).

It is strange to see how Era seems to be a really progressive place but more often than not this kind of thinking slips of in a topic related to a third world country. I've think this is really offensive and show a total lack of empathy.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Aaron Greenberg is like the big bad boogie man amongst people. Any reasonable person knows none of those guys actually condone rape and murder threats
Unfortunate that their company answer to those is firing the victim.
Let's be clear here tho, I don't think any of these individual people up top actually condone any of these things, but they are also the public face for the company who allowed this shit to grow for years within their community.
Edit: And hey, according to some posts right after this one, seems like Greenberg himself has given a platform to people much like MilGrau, soooo...

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Are you seriously trying to say that Greenberg supports people sending rape and death threats?

Show proof of this or stop talking bs.
First of all: the person you quoted never said Greenberg explicitly supported the attacks against someone, so you are using the classic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man falacy
Second: There is more than one kind of troll, you get it right?
Ah yes because saying people condone this type of behaviour without any proof is conductive to any type of discussion.

It's pathetic how some of you actively hope people are racist, misogynistic shit bags. Go outside take in some fresh air and let your pent up anger out. This shit ain't healthy.
Sorry if we don't keep a folder called "every time Greenberg promoted toxicity". I would give you the benefit of doubt because you probably never paid attention to any thread about console warriors promoted by big companies.
Greenberg has a LONG history of using console war rhetoric on his own social media and promoting "celebrities" know for their "bad" behavior as long they promote the Xbox brand.
He also took part and gave freebies like games in streamings. Hell, Xbox Milgrau was proud of his eventual appearance.
But yeah, he never retweeted "Let's r*** that girl" so he ok I guess.

Last edited:

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Honestly I don't know in which point people started to talk about Greenberg.

I don't think he support all of these horrible things(this doesn't even make sense), but he isn't helping giving a platform to them, not even a week ago he was on a podcast with this person(his content is even banned here and you can find more stupid shit by him):

Mod edit: Banned source removed.

My Edit: Sorry, I thought I could share the print in this case, I shouldn't.

Last edited:

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Ah yes because saying people condone this type of behaviour without any proof is conductive to any type of discussion.

It's pathetic how some of you actively hope people are racist, misogynistic shit bags. Go outside take in some fresh air and let your pent up anger out. This shit ain't healthy.

Yeah we are hoping they all are racists... and not just asking to solve a bigotry problem that's going for years and years.

You would be angry too if you knew the kind of thing they do here.

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
Sorry for derailing the topic. I really hope that you reread this phrase and think about how wrong is this. The world has a problem with representation and toxicity as a whole, this is not related to how much money the country has (or their average skin color too).

It is strange to see how Era seems to be a really progressive place but more often than not this kind of thinking slips of in a topic related to a third world country. I've think this is really offensive and show a total lack of empathy.
Absolutely this. I've given up on this personally. I've read some borderline nazi shit here, just wrapped in polite phrasing when it comes 3rd world or 2nd world countries, or just countries in general that Americans and to lesser extent Europeans see as inferior or, worse, enemies.. It's always something among the lines of: "It's such a bigoted country, most people there are like that, so what do you expect?".

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Absolutely this. I've given up on this personally. I've read some borderline nazi shit here, just wrapped in polite phrasing when it comes 3rd world or 2nd world countries, or just countries in general that Americans and to lesser extent Europeans see as inferior or, worse, enemies.. It's always something among the lines of: "It's such a bigoted country, most people there are like that, so what do you expect?".

Or even "US should be doing sanctions in X country" like playing with people's lives is that casual.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Honestly I don't know in which point people started to talk about Greenberg.

I don't think he support all of these horrible things(this doesn't even make sense), but he isn't helping giving a platform to them, not even a week ago he was on a podcast with this person(his content is even banned here and you can find more stupid shit by him):

Mod edit: Banned source removed.

My Edit: Sorry, I thought I could share the print in this case, I shouldn't.

Who was that?

Also, good to know mods are watching the thread and removing banned sources while a guy can just waltz in and pretty much say "fucking 3rd world countries" and get off without even a warning

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
For a little more context:

Isabella received rape threats from an account that used "Xbox Milgrau" in its name
and the old members of Mil grau said they had nothing to do with and it is "OF COURSE" a plot to attack them again.
But their past behaviors tell us a different history as you can see. I do believe they did not attack her but I have 0 doubt that a fan did.

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
Or even "US should be doing sanctions in X country" like playing with people's lives is that casual.
Ooooh yeah... This one... My favourite. Because it definitely helps to remove the corrupt or evil people in power, right? Right?... Except of course it doesn't. The fuckers up top don't give a single flying fuck about sanctions, it's us runts at the bottom who always bear the grunt of "just sanctions in the name of world peace and stability". I just can't...

Anyway, I need to step away. This stuff is unhealthy and I don't mean to derail even further. Regarding the issue discussed here - it's just fucked and definitely not the way to go about it. Removing a person only gives the wrong people the wrong message that they can bully anything and anyone into submission.

C.R.E.A.M.

Banned
Sep 21, 2020
PR probably told them not to acknowledge it and hope it goes away. Gamers aren't necessarily known as being all inclusive, a lot of misogyny is still prevalent. Sadly she won't get any justice from XBOX, hopefully she lands on her feet.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Before yesterday's nothing statement about Isadora being fired, the official XboxBR account used to post daily, multiple times a day, it has now been nearly 24h since their last post.
Hopefully that's an indication that something is indeed being done...

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Ooooh yeah... This one... My favourite. Because it definitely helps to remove the corrupt or evil people in power, right? Right?... Except of course it doesn't. The fuckers up top don't give a single flying fuck about sanctions, it's us runts at the bottom who always bear the grunt of "just sanctions in the name of world peace and stability". I just can't...
Not all sanctions are that broad. The US sanctions, at least at first, against Venezuela where targeted at people and companies at the top with connections to Maduro.

Anyway how independent are regional subsidiaries to the main US branch of Microsoft?

driftshake

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Xenophobia, dismissive commentary; account in junior phase.
This is a country problem, not a Microsoft problem. Are you expecting MS to fix Brazil and protect this woman from a nation of discrimination? Grow up Era, and open up your eyes. The bubble some people live in here is quite extraordinary.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
This is a country problem, not a Microsoft problem. Are you expecting MS to fix Brazil and protect this woman from a nation of discrimination? Grow up Era, and open up your eyes. The bubble some people live in here is quite extraordinary.
????????????????????????????????????????
Yes, Brazil is a country with A LOT of misogyny, but wtf is this reasoning?

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Some of these post...lmao cant be serious lol. Anyway its a weekend, this apparently popped up what 24hrs ago ? Lets actually give MS some time to react an handle this, im sure this type of thing will take at least a few days to look into. Yall are acting as if a week passed or some shit with no response smh.

The last time people gave Microsoft time took them years to do something about MilGrau and that only happened due to the context at that time following Black Lives Matter demonstrations.

This ammounts to years feeding the bigots to a point that they define the brand here and have that much power over it, it seems. So, yeah, let's just sit back and let Microsoft take its time.

Seems to be allowed. Developing countries man, in the end, they don't matter.

/s

Not only that, but "3rd world country" is a derogative term and highlights prejudice, specially in that comment. But seems to be fine to post divisive comments on Era, as long as they are aimed at people from developing nations and peripheral regions.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
77 posts since 2017, limits account viewing, comes out with a drive-by reductionist troll post. Gee, I wonder if it's just a troll account, ignored.

treasureyez

Nov 23, 2017

Extremely stupid take. Nobody is arguing Microsoft is responsible for her being harassed.

driftshake

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
77 posts since 2017, limits account viewing, comes out with a reductionist troll post. Gee, I wonder if it's just a troll account, ignored.

Wow, what an investigative genius you are. You do know we all moved from GAF to ERA in 2017, and I had no problem with it. Thanks for ignoring me, I don't want to hear for you either! What was the problem again? Oh, yeah. Not to derail, but saying this is a Brazil problem shouldn't be a hot topic. This wouldn't have happened where I'm from, but I shouldn't disclose that because it isn't necessary.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil

Microsoft is unable to fix itself.

It amazes me that your answer is "well, we can't fix the bigots we fed for years, so we'll punish the victim".

Or maybe US is part of Brazil and I didn't know.

Wow, what an investigative genius you are. You do know we all moved from GAF to ERA in 2017, and I had no problem with it. Thanks for ignoring me, I don't want to hear for you either! What was the problem again? Oh, yeah. Not to derail, but saying this is a Brazil problem shouldn't be a hot topic. This wouldn't have happened where I'm from, but I shouldn't disclose that because it isn't necessary.

I think it is. A lot of people here would love to know where this equalitarian paradise is. I would, for sure.

Or maybe you just don't want to disclose that because you know we are a Google away from finding a number of similar cases in your country and region.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

WTF. Are you saying US/Europe solved misogyny among gamers?

We actually have great laws for women protection, like Maria da Penha. What do you all think Brazil (and other LATAM countries) are like???

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
Not all sanctions are that broad. The US sanctions, at least at first, against Venezuela where targeted at people and companies at the top with connections to Maduro.
The whole sanctions thing is a very complex and nasty thing. Some of what you say is true, sure, but there are other repercussions, such as targeting companies that basically support a huge chunk of the economy of a country in question just because the person who owns it has some sort of connection to a political undesirable, who is deemed an enemy by a westerner state. If I write on this issue, it will be a damn scroll, so I'll just say that it's not a simple thing to boil down to a couple of sentences.

On the topic. I vaguely remember some other bad stuff happening in Brazil in regards to Microsoft recently. Like, some streamer or something had official dealing with MS, while being a bigoted shitstain. How was it handled that time?

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
tenor.gif

I won't argue that we have sociocultural problems in general that other countries may not have, but your take about MS responsibility regarding their employees I just wrong. And of course, you sound arrogant.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
On the topic. I vaguely remember some other bad stuff happening in Brazil in regards to Microsoft recently. Like, some streamer or something had official dealing with MS, while being a bigoted shitstain. How was it handled that time?
Xbox (Phil Spencer official email even had statements on it) distanced themselves from the streamer and blocked him from using any Xbox branding from there on, that of course after US media putting a ton of pressure on them. However that didn't matter because they barely enforced the Xbox branding thing, him basically continuing to use Xbox branding to this day (like having it be X-Box or some other childish bullshit). Youtube and Twitch basically banned him from their service and I think Twitter might have done something too.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Xbox Mil Grau was found guilty for harassment against a woman reviewer and STILL got a free One X.

At this point it's not a Brazil issue.
Yup, Xbox Mil Grau is legally not allowed to speak about certain people, he had been sued a few times by people and companies while still being supported by XboxBR, I think he has been sued one more time since/during the last big incident with XboxBR.

driftshake

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It amazes me that your answer is "well, we can't fix the bigots we fed for years, so we'll punish the victim".
This is such a problem. How on earth am I punishing the victim? The victim is in the right on all accounts. I'm saying that there is a cultural problem if this happens at all. I'm not saying it is exclusive to this regions or anything. I'm just saying it is wrong no matter where or when. But it happened somewhere, and maybe the culture where this happens has a huge problem.

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
It's just our peasant way of thinking that makes you unable to understand
forgive us, milord
Fucken lol!
Xbox (Phil Spencer official email even had statements on it) distanced themselves from the streamer and blocked him from using any Xbox branding from there on, that of course after US media putting a ton of pressure on them. However that didn't matter because they barely enforced the Xbox branding thing, him basically continuing to use Xbox branding to this day (like having it be X-Box or some other childish bullshit). Youtube and Twitch basically banned him from their service and I think Twitter might have done something too.
So, they did do something. I'm no lawyer, but can Microsoft in any manner legally restrict anyone from using their branding?

treasureyez

Nov 23, 2017
This is such a problem. How on earth am I punishing the victim? The victim is in the right on all accounts. I'm saying that there is a cultural problem if this happens at all. I'm not saying it is exclusive to this regions or anything. I'm just saying it is wrong no matter where or when. But it happened somewhere, and maybe the culture where this happens has a huge problem.

Microsoft is the one punishing the victim. That's what they're accountable for.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Fucken lol!

So, they did do something. I'm no lawyer, but can Microsoft in any manner legally restrict anyone from using their branding?

After years and only when the channel posted something very nauseating during the demonstrations following George Floyd's death.

And it's always important to underscore that this went on for years and Xbox as pretty happy in being associated with them, Phil giving the bigot an awesome time, taking photos together and whatnot.

If you are supporting the decision to fire her, you are punishing the victim.

Oh, and I guess we are not worthy of knowing this magical and equalitarian paradise of yours then?

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Fucken lol!

To be fair, I'm not certain myself, but MilGrau did remove a ton of shit he had at the time, but I would imagine they can enforce it in some way (ie. Asking platform holder where he streams/posts videos to take down content that has their branding on it, etc.).
But let's be clear here, they only did something after US media put A LOT of pressure and the main Xbox company had to answer, and they basically just treated the symptom, not the cause of how XboxBR handled their community and of the people within XboxBR.

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
Thanks for all the answers. This whole MilGrau thing reads like MS doesn't care about being associated with a horrible person as long as it doesn't reach its own US shores. I know MS is big, but, surely, they have people in places to monitor how and with whom they are dealing in other countries? This does not give much hope to this case too, unless media picks it up and makes a stink.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Thanks for all the answers. This whole MilGrau thing reads like MS doesn't care about being associated with a horrible person as long as it doesn't reach its own US shores. I know MS is big, but, surely, they have people in places to monitor how and with whom they are dealing in other countries? This does not give much hope to this case too, unless media picks it up and makes a stink.
This forum was clearly important to raise awareness last time, a few big US Journalists referred to the specific thread here when talking about it, Schreier himself already mentioned this very thread, but for us to get anything done we really do need the help from US press, although I really genuinely hate that it has to be the case...

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately

And this is what i got when i reported it:
IMG-20201017-201509.jpg

I mean, not even a warning?

carlosrso

Oct 27, 2017
Ipatinga, Brazil
This is disgusting.