• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 month): Hostility, modwhining, prior bans related to sexism, racism and inflammatory generalizations
Ah, 3rd world gaming culture is rotten
Still nothing happened, huh. I mean, not that I expected much when that Latinx thread had americans telling us to shut up and moderation did nothing.

Guess "minorities" are only important on era if they can make enough noise.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Still nothing happened, huh. I mean, not that I expected much when that Latinx thread had americans telling us to shut up and moderation did nothing.

you gringos never learn, right?.
That poster is not a "gringo" according to a mod response to a report.
And frankly, I see that as an issue that has to be dealt with "in-house," if you will.
Like if a black politician gets up and says that black folk need to stop being drug dealers and hoodrats, it's not for white people to address that, per se. That's family business. We'll handle that at the next cookout.
Minorities have to deal with some of this stuff independently, without feeling like they're being administrated over by colonizers.
My mom is from Antigua. She calls it a 3rd world country. Take that as you will.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
I'm from a 3rd world country

I live in a shithole of a 3rd world country

I can't navigate any gaming forum because they suck.

That poster is not a "gringo" according to a mod response to a report.
And frankly, I see that as an issue that has to be dealt with "in-house," if you will.
Like if a black politician gets up and says that black folk need to stop being drug dealers and hoodrats, it's not for white people to address that, per se. That's family business. We'll handle that at the next cookout.
Minorities have to deal with some of this stuff independently, without feeling like they're being administrated over by colonizers.
My mom is from Antigua. She calls it a 3rd world country. Take that as you will.

I get it, so here in Resetera i can insult people in 3rd world countries because i live in a third world country and, of course, black people can say whatever they want about black people because they're black people, same thing with LGBT+, etc. Good to know where the mods are putting the boundaries.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil

"Third world country" is an insulting way to describe the multitude of countries and the reasons that explain why each one of them are less technologically developed or have empoverished and unequal societies. Please, stop using this term, can't be that hard.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil

120584524_283111646316721_6683870593337927001_o.jpg

I ask personally: Could you please stop using this therm since it reinforces prejudice against countries that face different struggles? Also, your comment completely derailed this thread, they should at least give you a warning.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
On the other end though these execs probably interact with hundreds if not thousands of accounts weekly. Should we be under the assumption that they take time out of their day to go through every users posts history? Probably not.
Dealer's controversy was on his reach for a long time, every time he hangs with him(and others, like TimDogg, Colt etc) people try to aware him.

Phil's follow on twitter? I can give a pass, the man follows a lot of people everyday on Social Media and it is more likely for him to be ignorant on this subject(although I understand those who may think otherwise).

Greenberg participating on his podcast, interacting with them on twitter and giving platform to him and other console warriors(who could had done or said other shit) even after many good fans tried to alarm him? Nha, his main job is marketing, at best, and giving him the biggest benefit of the doubt possible, he is a catastrophe with his presence on Social Media.

Ybarra, as far as I remember, quickly acknowledged his mistake when the same happened with him.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get it, so here in Resetera i can insult people in 3rd world countries because i live in a third world country and, of course, black people can say whatever they want about black people because they're black people, same thing with LGBT+, etc. Good to know where the mods are putting the boundaries.
The boundary is "Will the forum get in trouble if I dont moderate this? If not, we dont care."

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Welp, over four days since their last post and nothing.
They could be waiting for us to forget everything or shit could be changing inside XBOX BR.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Dealer's controversy was on his reach for a long time, every time he hangs with him(and others, like TimDogg, Colt etc) people try to aware him.

Phil's follow on twitter? I can give a pass, the man follows a lot of people everyday on Social Media and it is more likely for him to be ignorant on this subject(although I understand those who may think otherwise).

Greenberg participating on his podcast, interacting with them on twitter and giving platform to him and other console warriors(who could had done or said other shit) even after many good fans tried to alarm him? Nha, his main job is marketing, at best, and giving him the biggest benefit of the doubt possible, he is a catastrophe with his presence on Social Media.

Ybarra, as far as I remember, quickly acknowledged his mistake when the same happened with him.
Can I get a link to a summary of the offenses? I keep seeing this come up, but I still haven't seen what he actually did. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt because so many people seem fine with him, but that's certainly no watertight defense. Thanks yo.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

WTF is this shit? The guy that is using cold war language does'nt get a warning and the user that dennounced it is permabanned? Are we "victim blaming" even in this site?

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I don't even know what y'all are expecting, it's not going to happen anything. I have no faith, someone should just close the thread. Xbox, Microsoft, Spencer, Greenberg, whatever, whomever, they just don't care.

It's shitty because you get used to Era threads having some impact on the industry but it's not going to happen this time.

OP
OP
Marossi

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This has been permabanned?

What the fuck?

I don't care if I get banned, but fuck off mods, this is going to be AsianERA debacle all over again.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Can I get a link to a summary of the offenses? I keep seeing this come up, but I still haven't seen what he actually did. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt because so many people seem fine with him, but that's certainly no watertight defense. Thanks yo.
By Dealer?
Here there is some things(I can't post the screenshot since his content is banned here):
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mi...a-responds-see-threadmark-wasnt-aware.132370/

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Ban me for modwhining too then. Mods are dropping the ball with us hard. Even using "3rd world country" when messaging us to explain why the other guy didn't even get a warning

Michilin

Nov 14, 2017

Really? "multiple serious bans related to sexism, racism and transphobia" but this is what gets the guy permabanned? Good to know

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
By Dealer?
Here there is some things(I can't post the screenshot since his content is banned here):
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mi...a-responds-see-threadmark-wasnt-aware.132370/
Ah, yea. That video rings a bell. Yea that shit super sucks. Disgusting.

Though (and this is admittedly off topic, but with what's gone down in this thread I hope I'll be forgiven), I do find it weird that we're collectively so unwilling to accept the possibility that people change. I've worked with people who were super shitty even more recently than this, and I don't go second guessing their progress. Not saying that's necessarily the case here, but just find it weird that we continue to espouse this "once and forever irredeemable" idea that seems very anathema to a progressive worldview. Anyway. That's just me. And that's not a comment on anyone here one way or the other.

I believe Ybarra has been in the chat in recent podcasts, so I was surprised to see it. But looking at the comments in the linked threads, guessing maybe the apologies were enough for him. Iono.

Anyway, it seems the other stuff in this thread are much more salient. I hope this has a positive resolution for everyone, but.. yea I get the anger with what's happened so far. Sorry ya'll :/

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
We can't let this die down. Make enough noise and I hope Xbox higher up will take action.
I feel it already died unfortunately.

I'm still hopeful that something* will happen. Xbox BR social media presence is zero at the moment with a new generation starting in a few weeks time.

Other possibility is that they went AWOL on social media after breaking ties with the third party responsible for their content.

* Not saying something good necessarily

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
fucking ridiculous that this happened, and of course she won't publicly denounce Microsoft because that would get in the way of being potentially rehired at a different company

MS brazil really dropped the ball here, and these gamers need to fucking get a life

Ah, gaming culture is rotten, and this is specially noticed on developing countries.

</3

I'm glad you agree America is a developing country

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
What a shitshow...

About Xbox Brasil thing, yes Brazilian gaming culture is a hellhole of incels and alt-right leaning people, it's not just Xbox, it's a cultural thing and it's really really bad.
This posture coming from a branch of a gargantuan multinational company like Microsoft is absolutely inexcusable, they have to deal with it, they have to address this situation ASAP, it's a really bad look for the whole company, if they can't even manage a branch what are they even doing? Why they can't protect their employees? That's really rough.

And just for your consideration: It's not "Americans", it's "North Americans". Latin South America countries are "Americans" too.
Stop with that "Third World Country" bullshit and stop this imperialist "the north is better" generalization, do better.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad you agree America is a developing country
Something the orange turd, his cult and the republicans has shown to the entire world is the United States of America is another banana republic.

And just for your consideration: It's not "Americans", it's "North Americans". Latin South America countries are "Americans" too.
Preach this. I fucking hate that, but nothing will be ever done about it. Americans are everyone who live in the continent, not just a country. That's why US people are gringos for me. That said...

Stop with that "Third World Country" bullshit and stop this imperialist "the north is better" generalization, do better.
Can't comment about other countries but certainly feel free to refer Panama a thirld-world country. This fucking shithole is one of the worst in the entire continent, and I would recommend anyone to not come to this banana republic. The entire society is corrupt, homophobic, sexist and xenophobic. Oh, and mind controlled by the catholic and evangelic churches too. Imagine taking the streets because they don't want the Supreme Court to legalize same-sex marriage.

Last edited:

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017

Kholdy

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Man, I'm so bummed about this.
It's insane that we have to keep tagging Microsoft's higher-ups for something to be done.

Really? A trillion dollars company?
I tell you, this would not have happened or take this long to solve if the well being of their employees were at the center of company values.

Also there is a giant gap between "We genuinely care about our employees" and "There's too much noise about this, we have to do something".

Given the opportunity, I expect them to continue to be shitty until it blows in their face.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Can't comment about other countries but certainly feel free to refer Panama a thirld-world country. This fucking shithole is one of the worst in the entire continent, and I would recommend anyone to not come to this banana republic. The entire society is corrupt, homophobic, sexist and xenophobic. Oh, and mind controlled by the catholic and evangelic churches too. Imagine taking the streets because they don't want the Supreme Court to legalize same-sex marriage.

If I didn't know you were talking about Panama, I would think you were talking about Brazil.

Mecha

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
Something the orange turd, his cult and the republicans has shown to the entire world is the United States of America is another banana republic.

Preach this. I fucking hate that, but nothing will be ever done about it. Americans are everyone who live in the continent, not just a country. That's why US people are gringos for me. That said...

Nobody should speak for an entire country or culture. The issues you state exists in "1st World" countries too.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox needs to send someone from the US to be a permanent fixture in the management in BR. I just don't see how the Xbox BR people can police themselves.
And things getting "lost in communication" is an excuse.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Really? "multiple serious bans related to sexism, racism and transphobia" but this is what gets the guy permabanned? Good to know

Wow! I know Landford personally and never would have thought of him as racist, sexist or transphobic. I wish I could see what he posted to get those bans.

But then we didn't really cross paths here often, so I don't know what his post history looks like, I knew him from college a few years ago.

OP
OP
Marossi

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Microsoft for not giving a shit to harassment victims and giving in to the toxic fanbase of MilGrau.

Won't be purchasing future Microsoft products.

VoidCommunications

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 2, 2020

lol you criticize the mods, so they look into your post history and find some things to pin on ya. What a genuine load of bullshit. If they had multiple posts of racism and sexism, why the hell weren't they banned before? What's that got to do with insulting the mods and the post they made? Using racism as a way to more easily justify banning someone because they criticized you is so cynical. "Oh you've made a bunch of racist and sexist comments, but insulting me? Modwhining? Now you've done it. Multiple. Serious. Bans."

When the poster in question is explicitly talking about feeling silenced by American voices, in a thread where everyone is going "fuck Brazilians am i right?", could we maybe try not to explicitly silence the voices of those personally affected?

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Yeap, Brazilian Xbox Wire page has gotten an update after the 4 days of silence since their statement, and it's just regular video-game news. Safe to assume they just don't give a shit.

One of the Brazilian tech news site asked Microsoft if they would continue with their social media partner on Friday. To me, looks like they aren't, which would explain the silence, which is higly unusual for such high profile brand as Xbox, specially here in Brazil where they have a much bigger presence than PlayStation and Nintendo.

Maybe there is more to it than Isadora's to this, or the breake up happened suddenly as a result of the way she was dismissed (with no plan B in place, would explain the silence). Also, it's important to bear in mind that she could very well be employed by this social media agency. But we'll probably never know for sure.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Shit... Nothing's gonna happen, right? This sucks. Kinda surprising MS will let it slide. I am more familiar with Playstation gaming side and how they donated to BLM when the killing happened but I do remember Microsoft also was pro BLM at least at that time. Maybe I am misremembering or maybe just because they were pro one progressive issue doesn't mean they will be for other issues. Heck this shit ain't even progressive vs conservative as much as a victim being brushed aside for a terrible human being.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol you criticize the mods, so they look into your post history and find some things to pin on ya. What a genuine load of bullshit. If they had multiple posts of racism and sexism, why the hell weren't they banned before? What's that got to do with insulting the mods and the post they made? Using racism as a way to more easily justify banning someone because they criticized you is so cynical. "Oh you've made a bunch of racist and sexist comments, but insulting me? Modwhining? Now you've done it. Multiple. Serious. Bans."

When the poster in question is explicitly talking about feeling silenced by American voices, in a thread where everyone is going "fuck Brazilians am i right?", could we maybe try not to explicitly silence the voices of those personally affected?
This.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

Wait this deserved a ban??? Even with past post history?