• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
yDaH6Yl.png

The result? From playing the opening hours of the game, it performs near-perfectly on both Xbox Series X and S. Practically every major locale, including the fire-spewing dragon on the High Walls of Lothric, is delivered at a smooth 60fps. And yes, that applies to both consoles as by and large, Xbox Series S runs identically to Series X for the vast majority of play. The only exception I could find was a single, brief drop to 53fps during an early fight with a mutating creature on the Lothric roof. Heavy alpha effects buckle Series S only momentarily, while this spot's not an issue at all on Series X. The results are excellent all round, but Series X has a very slight edge in consistency with the fringe cases.

I guess it's time to continue my FromSoft journey then! Been waiting for this sort of update for a long time!

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Odd to focus on this one title when past FPS boost drops have been multiple games, but cool.

edit: oh, "unique solution" that's why they are singling it out

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Beating Pontiff on the original xbox one hardware will be the equivalent of walking to school in 2 feet of snow, uphill, both ways.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Maybe they can bring that unique solution to Bloodborne T~T

On topic, ish, hopefully this means more FPS boosts coming up. Congrats to the people playing DS3 now though, definitely a boon at 60 fps

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Wouldn't resolution have been easier to bump? Love 60fps and all, but 900p?
I don't know of any resolution bump games for Xbox One. All the res bumps have been for Xbox and Xbox 360 BC titles. I would imagine a similar solution exists, so it would definitely be welcome, but yeah this is just FPS.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Moments like this kinda highlight why we need a Resolution boost along with an FPS boost.
Would've been nice to see even just a bump to 1080P.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So just this one game or is this just part of a larger batch added today?

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
torn between rebuying the game on Xbox or saving a replay for when I have a PS5 sometime next year.

Only issue is that I'd like to replay before Elden ring lol.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
How the hell are they doing this?

Their commitment to stuff like this is incredible.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
This feels like they accidentally leaked it but it wasn't even a thing. Someone told phill and he said eh fuck it, enable it tonight. Weird to announce this at 9pm lol

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I want to play this but 900p on a 4K screen is just too soft for me liking.

Can we expect more boosted games this month?

Oct 28, 2017
I wasn't aware Dark Souls 3 was that demanding. How it on PC nowadays? 4k 60 doable on a gaming rig? Or is it better to play on console for 60 frames?

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if this unique technique for DS3 would have worked for Bloodborne too had it been on Xbox.
I wrote that as a joke but now I'm wondering the same thing. And MS would be nice enough to give that info to Sony, too. Maybe….we'll who knows.

DS3 was already unlocked on PS4 Pro.

Bloodborne is capped at 30fps, when you unlock the framerate to speed of the game also increases because it's tied to it. They changed that for DS3.

www.youtube.com

Bloodborne 60fps Patch Showcase - Framerate Unlock Hack - Real Gameplay on PlayStation 4 Pro

❤Patreon: https://patreon.com/lancemcdonald💬Discord: https://discord.gg/xgcAhnc📹Twitch: https://twitch.tv/lancemcdonald🐦Twitter: https://twitter.com/manfi...

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Moments like this kinda highlight why we need a Resolution boost along with an FPS boost.
Would've been nice to see even just a bump to 1080P.
It's highly doubtful any of the methods/techniques the BC team have access to can bump resolutions to any resolution. The methods/or techniques they've used thus far are done in multipliers
I thought the point of this technique was that the developer didn't have to be involved at all. Does MS need some kind of approval?
Yes, it requires publisher approval, but I believe Jason Ronald is referring to how the FPS boosts techniques/methods in this specific example required developers to make a quick change in the code to work.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Meanwhile Sony can't be bothered to patch the greatest game in the series, nay, the greatest game ever made.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I thought the point of this technique was that the developer didn't have to be involved at all. Does MS need some kind of approval?
I imagine most games don't need any additional help, or very little, but in some cases publishers don't want a title FPS Boosted because they have remasters in the works or otherwise, so they check in with them first. They can still work with the developers to get a better understanding of the source code or how things are handled in the pipeline to better address the game to prevent glitches. It's not a simple switch to 60 fps by clicking a button.