• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Lol. It started a long time ago in the Xbox 1P thread. It seems you missed the hype ship.
welp. Time to unleash Phil.
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to it.

I don't expect much of anything from first party but the 3rd party and next gen hype should be a go.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Not surprising since they get to host literally ALL of the third-party multiplats, plus they need to talk about next-gen and streaming.

Usually MS needs to realise when less is more, but I think they'll have a strong conference like last year.
They packed 50 games into last year's conference which was 1 hour 40 minutes. Also the invites for this year's conference to the press say to join them for a briefing "for all types of gamers." so I think a big focus is going to be showing many different types of games and genres on different platforms (Xbox console, xCloud, PC, mobile, etc) and these will be indie games, AA, AAA, a little bit of everything basically.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Lets see of this can be beaten.

e3-2018-graph.gif

With no new consoles announced this year, E3 2018 was all about the games. And more gamers than any other year tuned in to Twitch for all the latest breaking news and big announcements from the gaming industry... for the second year in a row, Microsoft's livestream was the highest viewed stream on Twitch. Xbox E3 briefing wasn't just the most watched live event of this year's convention… it was also the highest concurrent viewer count of any stream ever on Twitch, pulling in an impressive 1.7 million viewers... Compared to last year's E3, Microsoft's briefing saw an impressive increase of 600,000 concurrent viewers on Twitch — which doubled the 818,000 viewers they had back in 2016.
The top five livestreams are listed below.
  1. Xbox — 1.7 million concurrent viewers
  2. Ubisoft — 1.6 million concurrent viewers
  3. PlayStation — 1.5 million concurrent viewers
  4. Bethesda — 964,000 concurrent viewers
  5. PC Gaming Show — 893,000 concurrent viewers

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
cdkeys have game pass 3 month passes on sale for 11 dollars and some change. Stack up. Damn good deal.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I hope they don't show literally everything Square Enix is releasing for the next year though and then show a rehash of it at Square the following day. That was a big waste of my time last year.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Does the term "Exclusive" make sense when they're likely also going to be pushing Xbox Game Pass on PC, xCloud streaming on many devices (phones, tablets, laptops, smart TVs, etc) with all of their first party content? I'm not too sure they will use that term this year.
Xbox is all gaming now.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
dying-light-2-sorpresa-techland-e3-2018-firmata-chris-avellone-anteprima-v8-39218-1280x16.jpg

la-prima-persona-di-cyberpunk-2077-non-vi-piace-lo-sa-CD-projekt-RED-GameSoul.jpg

Extensive gameplay demo + release date for both games.
LET'S GO

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Does the term "Exclusive" make sense when they're likely also going to be pushing Xbox Game Pass on PC, xCloud streaming on many devices (phones, tablets, laptops, smart TVs, etc) with all of their first party content? I'm not too sure they will use that term this year.
They should keep it. Its informative. People would keep asking if this game is coming to pc without it.

Startropper

Oct 25, 2017
Is that when the stream starts or the conference?

If it's the former the first 30m could just be a countdown.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Lets see of this can be beaten.

e3-2018-graph.gif
Last year was really good though. This year they've got more 1P stuff, XCloud, Game pass, Acquisitions, Scarlet and 3rd party stuff to talk about... hopefully we also get an update from the BC team or they could save that for the next day.

I think more people will watch this year.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Why do I feel like MS is blindly walking into something? I'll be watching, I love the show. But I think they should tighten up the experience.

Anyways, E3's still a go! Love MS for this.

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
Two hours! Hoping for some Play Anywhere announcements as I don't think I am buying an Xbox console until next gen.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Two hours?! I'm guessing one hour dedicated to the new console and the other to games? I'm ready, man. Give me a reason to finally buy an Xbox again!

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
They packed 50 games into last year's conference which was 1 hour 40 minutes. Also the invites for this year's conference to the press say to join them for a briefing "for all types of gamers." so I think a big focus is going to be showing many different types of games and genres on different platforms (Xbox console, xCloud, PC, mobile, etc) and these will be indie games, AA, AAA, a little bit of everything basically.
I know they have to cater to all these different sectors now, but hopefully they find a good flow.

Hopefully it's not full of third party shiz.
Did you not watch their show last year? Without Sony being there, they'll have an even larger share in third-party.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
MS' e3 was easily the highlight of the show last year. This is just going to be fun as hell to watch. Can't wait.

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much every third party major showing/announcement since nothing can be split off for Playstation. Their online service will probably be shown, probably more details on Xbox Next, some trailers for exclusives that are years away, and sizable game play chunks for games like Gears 5 and Forza. Oh, and an indie section.

My only issue with this are the teaser trailers for their far off exclusive games. I hate that, and in general only Squeenix does it now, but my guess is MSFT is going to be doing it a lot this year.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Good on MS.

They get to be the company associated with basically all the 3rd party games this year.