Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2018
Can't find that with a quick search. Think there's just been no news since the one interview. They were a little evasive when asked directly, but also, that's the nature of exclusivity deals.

In Sept 2021:
Ah, cool - got it - thanks! Glad that that's seemingly the only "official" account (as you said, evasive/cagey answers are not unexpected). Well either way, here's to hoping!

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Have started Echo Generation and it's cool (if a little basic and generic) but, as was reported at launch, some core design choices are very odd. Losing a really difficult boss fight and being respawned at half health with no other choice to replenish than to backtrack 5 minutes is awful. We shouldn't have to quit to menu mid-fight to have a functional checkpoint system haha.

Apr 24, 2018
Also can't believe it's been a full year since Cris Tales hit Game Pass...when I saw it was leaving the service soon, I was like oh, guess it was one of the few games to be on Game Pass for less than a year. Nope, it really has been that long. Can't believe it.

I was intrigued by the art style and neat idea of three distinct scenarios of past/present/future, but the impressions I read were pretty middling so I always kept sliding it down my personal hierarchy of games to play. The age old problem these days of too many games, too little time -_-

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This, Sifu, and F.I.S.T. are the three indies currently console exclusive to Sony platforms that I'd love to see on Xbox platforms (and even better yet, Game Pass).

I've been waiting for a good sale to check out F.I.S.T. and Sifu, but if they could come to Game Pass, that'd be even better for my wallet lol

Kena I have played, it was a pretty good and surprisingly challenging game, and the cutscenes in particular were incredibly well made.

Misawa

Oct 28, 2017
I'm about 15 hours into Shadowrun Returns. I know some people here have suggested skipping it, but I've been enjoying it thus far

Last edited:

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I beat Hellblade today. Such a great game. Any other game that nails atmosphere like that on Game Pass?

Already beat A Plague Tale as well

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Today I started crackdown 3.
first time playing the series…
game is somehow fun to play but is extremely forgettable.
story and the structure are really bad!
that traditional lazy structure of 3 or 4 type of mission that you have to repeat 8 or 10 times to open a main boss to arrive the final boss…
it's like mafia 3 structure but without the story that mafia has…

visuals are so so, animations are terrible, characters are floaty and enemies are super repetitive.
gunplay is average but there's some cool weapons and overall gameplay is still enjoyable.

I will probably finish but probably won't remember a single part of this game after some time.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
that traditional lazy structure of 3 or 4 type of mission that you have to repeat 8 or 10 times to open a main boss to arrive the final boss…

visuals are so so, animations are terrible, characters are floaty and enemies are super repetitive.
gunplay is average but there's some cool weapons and overall gameplay is still enjoyable.

I will probably finish but probably won't remember a single part of this game after some time.

Characters being floaty is part of the charm. I would suggest you go back to Crackdown 1 (which is free) and give that a whirl. It's more or less the same thing. Just a sandbox for you to blow shit up. Might be more fun in co-op.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
I beat Hellblade today. Such a great game. Any other game that nails atmosphere like that on Game Pass?

Already beat A Plague Tale as well
2 amazing games in my opinion.
gameplay is not the strong point in both of them but overall experience is Really good.
Unfortunatelly theres not many games like this.
You already played quantum break and Ryse?
Both very cinematic, with great presentation and nice storytelling.
They are more action oriented but are very good in my opinion.

Characters being floaty is part of the charm. I would suggest you go back to Crackdown 1 (which is free) and give that a whirl. It's more or less the same thing. Just a sandbox for you to blow shit up. Might be more fun in co-op.
yes, maybe I give a try someday.
But to be honest not my favorite type of game.
I prefer games with stronger focus on narrative and presentation.
But I am having fun playing the game.
At least much more fun than I had this week playing gravity rush 2.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Yeah that's crackdown. Best played in coop really.. Pretty average if playing alone.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Giving Children of Morta some time because of all the praise. It revealing itself to be a rouguelite was an instant deflation for me. Will likely tough out the first area but it's just not the type of game I enjoy. I hate feeling like I need to grind to get stats high enough to not have to slog through the piles of enemies the game throws at you. Really like the narrative structure and the animation of the cutscenes is nice. Wish it was in a straightforward adventure game or something.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018
I've been waiting for a good sale to check out F.I.S.T. and Sifu, but if they could come to Game Pass, that'd be even better for my wallet lol

Kena I have played, it was a pretty good and surprisingly challenging game, and the cutscenes in particular were incredibly well made.
Nice - glad to hear your positive thoughts about Kena. I'm sure I'll check them all out one way or another, but agreed that they lighter on the wallet for those opportunities, the better =]

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Finally got round to playing fifa since it was on gamepass.

This game is the opposite of fun. I quickly realised why I've not invested in fifa for a few years now. At least I didn't pay for it.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017

This game is the opposite of fun. I quickly realised why I've not invested in fifa for a few years now. At least I didn't pay for it.

Dark times in the football game genre at the moment with the absolute shitshow Konami have turned Pro Evo into now with eFootball as well as FIFA being absolute pish for 20+ years at this point.

At least Football Manager is still going strong but it's scratching a very different itch.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020

fifa has been legit not good at all for like 10 years now, but since pes and efootball or whatever are even worse they dont have any urge to improve at all because everyone will end up buying fifa anyway.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Giving Children of Mortar some time because of all the praise. It revealing itself to be a rouguelite was an instant deflation for me. Will likely tough out the first area but it's just not the type of game I enjoy. I hate feeling like I need to grind to get stats high enough to not have to slog through the piles of enemies the game throws at you. Really like the narrative structure and the animation of the cutscenes is nice. Wish it was in a straightforward adventure game or something.
It's really not that different from ARPGs like Diablo. The difference is that you aren't running the same levels/bosses over and over for loot.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I've been playing Danganronpa 2 after finishing the first one on Gamepass and it's become one of my favorite series of all time. I went ahead and bought 3 on PSN because it was on sale. Fantastic games.

Nov 7, 2017

I found it quite fun - the leveling up of skills was constant enough that it kept things changing but I really just treated it like a collectathon.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
finished telling lies. and wow i ended up really liking it. her story was really frustrating for me because i stumbled on the reveal like 30 minutes in and i kept playing for like 2 hours basically going on circles because i wasnt learning anything new, but telling lies hooked me, the story gets wild lmao.

now my hype for immortality is really, really high. thankfully its on game pass day one.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I've been playing Danganronpa 2 after finishing the first one on Gamepass and it's become one of my favorite series of all time. I went ahead and bought 3 on PSN because it was on sale. Fantastic games.

Damn, didn't realize 3 is from 2017. Don't think there will be an Anniversary edition releasing any time soon (or coming to Game Pass until then).

Deleted member 11086

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 16, 2022
I find it great we are getting some Japanese games on Gamepass, but now I'm wondering if Japanese publishers are holding out for a gamepass deal. It would explain why the Battle Network collection doesn't have an Xbox port.

I'm still holding out for the rest of the Chunsoft published stuff to come, including stuff like Steins Gate that was published by them in the west.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I find it great we are getting some Japanese games on Gamepass, but now I'm wondering if Japanese publishers are holding out for a gamepass deal. It would explain why the Battle Network collection doesn't have an Xbox port.

I'm still holding out for the rest of the Chunsoft published stuff to come, including stuff like Steins Gate that was published by them in the west.
Capcom fighting collection isn't on Game Pass, is it?

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Getting a bunch of annoying bugs in shadowrun dragon fall that require restarts

Anyone else?

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dark times in the football game genre at the moment with the absolute shitshow Konami have turned Pro Evo into now with eFootball as well as FIFA being absolute pish for 20+ years at this point.

At least Football Manager is still going strong but it's scratching a very different itch.
I really miss those old days of football games. From late 1990s to first years of 2000s, we had lots of great games. Pro Evolution Soccer/Winning Eleven and FIFA games were so good and fun and also there were other games like This is Football (it's hard to imagine an exclusive football from Sony these days!), Ronaldo V-Football (it wasn't a perfect game, but I loved it) and unique experiences like LiberoGrande (a Namco football in third person).

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I really miss those old days of football games. From late 1990s to first years of 2000s, we had lots of great games. Pro Evolution Soccer/Winning Eleven and FIFA games were so good and fun and also there were other games like This is Football (it's hard to imagine an exclusive football from Sony these days!), Ronaldo V-Football (it wasn't a perfect game, but I loved it) and unique experiences like LiberoGrande (a Namco football in third person).

I remember playing Winning Eleven 9 religiously, poured so many hours into that game. I miss it…

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I've been trying to make my way through Ninja Gaiden 3 RE after a break from the games. Wooooow. This game sucks. Haha.

Pretty much every 2010s video game cliche wrapped up into one game. Tons of QTEs, clunky set pieces, stealth segments (why), etc. The combat feels like NG2 at times but it also doesn't somehow.

The addition of waaay more ranged enemies sniping at you from above is terrible too. It makes combat encounters feel like a slog. Not sure how much I'll stick with it but this is bad so far. I'm glad I got to play 1 and 2 though, regardless of if the Sigma versions suck compared to the originals. I had some fun with them.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting what I believe is an ending in Danganronpa 2 - it's such a phenomenal game. xCloud has dramatically improved my enjoyment too. This is a PSP game - in other words, a handheld game. I've been able to enjoy it on my Xbox Series X. And I've also played a TON of the game on my iPhone using xCloud and touch controls. It's been so helpful because sometimes my wife is on the TV and a lot of the times I'm upstairs supervising my newborn child - when she's sleeping and I'm beside her, I can squeeze in lots of play time thanks to xCloud! I'm basically playing "portable xbox" using this technology. And with touch controls too. It's such a great feature.

Anyhow - xbox fans should play Danganronpa 1 and 2. If you love visual novels, or puzzle games, or mystery games, or narrative point and click games, or any combination of those, you will love this game series.

Although I still need a couple of hours to mop up achievements (I won't go for the 1000gs - maybe 600 at most), I'm ready to call Danganronpa 2 my #2 game of the year, right behind Tunic.

Ratings for the 2022 games I've played:

1. Tunic: 5/5 - the undisputed GOTY
2. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Anniversary Edition: 5/5
3. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life: 5/5
4. Yakuza 5: 5/5
5. It Takes Two: 5/5
6. Halo Infinite: 5/5
7. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary Edition: 4.5/5
8. 999: 4.5/5
9. Virtue's Last Reward: 4.5/5
10. NHL 22: 4/5
11. Telling Lies: 3.5/5
12. Paradise Killer: 2.5/5
13. A Memoir Blue: 2/5

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I should play Danganronpa. It's one of those games that I don't know anything about it, but it looks so weird and I like weird games!

I remember playing Winning Eleven 9 religiously, poured so many hours into that game. I miss it…
Me too. I have lots of great memories playing those games with my brother.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Yea, Danganronpa wears its style and tone on its sleeve, so you'll know if you like it pretty quickly. Instead of moving on to D2, I just played the add on school mode a bit and then have yet to go back to the series XD. I should though.

Montresor Don't see Citizen Sleeper on that list, I think you might enjoy that game. Then again, I thought you'd like PKiller, so I guess I know nothing haha.

vgp

Oct 31, 2017
After a long list of games that didn't click with me ( echo generation, destroy all humans, dandy ace..), I finally found what to play.

Even if it's not my usual type of game, I had some great fun on Hitman. I play it my own way : easy mode, looking essentially on stories and playing the most spectacular levels ( bases on recommendations on this thread). I especially liked Paris, Miami and Dartmoor.

Recompile was on my radar since a long time, but the mediocre reviews after the release lowered a lot my expectations. I finally decided to try it and I must say I enjoy my time on the game for the moment (played around 2hours). There are some little issues (especially visibility on hole can lead to frustrating deaths) but globally visual are greats, exploration is quite simple but interesting, and combat is ok. I don't know if I will finish the game, but anyway these 2 hours of discovering the game were worth the time.

I also just start floppy knights. Quite interesting so far. More linear and strategic than roguelike and deckbuidling. Not easy for the moment, but it stay simple in its mechanics and that's important for me. It reminds me a bit of wargroove.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Give it a try. D1 sets up the premise and reels you in without wasting any time.
You will know within an hour or two if you like it, so it is worth a go.
Yea, Danganronpa wears its style and tone on its sleeve, so you'll know if you like it pretty quickly. Instead of moving on to D2, I just played the add on school mode a bit and then have yet to go back to the series XD. I should though.
I'll try it soon! :D

onibirdo

Dec 9, 2020
Ugh, haven't touched my GP subscription in ages as nothing seems to captivate me. (I know.)

I enjoyed Tunic for a while but the combat became a chore a few hours in. Even the No Fail mode couldn't salvage it for me.
Tried Bugsnax but I don't get it. Can't fathom how this was the big PS5 launch indie.
Wanted to play Yakuza Kiwami, but that's not on GP anymore. 🙃

Guess I'll probably return in the fall once Plague Tale 2 releases.
Unless they drop Into the Breach this month with the Advanced Edition on the way. 🤞

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
There is that famous saying : "if a person is tired of gamepass, then they are tired of life!"🤔😃

Oct 25, 2017
Began playing AC: Origins because of some of the compliments i saw online (dropped Valhalla after ~30 hours), and man, this is pretty good. Also: BEATIFUL on the Series S.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
Been trying to play Turnip Boy, but it's buggy as hell. I saved and quit the game to go take care of something, but when I came back and restarted, the game started me somewhere in the past. I didn't have several items that I picked up, a couple of quests I had completed were reset, the dungeon I had just beaten had reset and the boss was still alive.

It's also buggy when you quick resume it. Got stuck on the opening splash image but I could still hear the game audio in the background.

I think achievements are bugged too, nothing happened after ripping like 2 or 3 documents when every document I've ripped up so far had an achievement tied to it. So yeah, it's a short experience apparently but having to redo stuff like this is tedious and makes me not want to play anymore.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Been trying to play Turnip Boy, but it's buggy as hell. I saved and quit the game to go take care of something, but when I came back and restarted, the game started me somewhere in the past. I didn't have several items that I picked up, a couple of quests I had completed were reset, the dungeon I had just beaten had reset and the boss was still alive.

It's also buggy when you quick resume it. Got stuck on the opening splash image but I could still hear the game audio in the background.

I think achievements are bugged too, nothing happened after ripping like 2 or 3 documents when every document I've ripped up so far had an achievement tied to it. So yeah, it's a short experience apparently but having to redo stuff like this is tedious and makes me not want to play anymore.

That main hub like area run at like 15FPS for me which was super puzzling consider what the game is.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017

Montresor Don't see Citizen Sleeper on that list, I think you might enjoy that game. Then again, I thought you'd like PKiller, so I guess I know nothing haha.

I'll consider it! I think I may have been scared from the management sim aspects of Citizen Sleeper. So I might not dip into it (because of my backlog) but I'll consider it!

Regarding Paradise Killer, I think I just needed a hand-holding map for myself. That's not necessarily a fatal flaw in the game (it's not like Dark Souls games have hand-holding maps) but for me it was just too much of a deal breaker. I actually really liked the dialogue and investigative aspect of the game, but it was too difficult to navigate the island for me.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying Sable. Very chill.

While it looks fantastic the performance really is noticably poor on a Series X unfortunately, and i'm normally not really someone that pays attention to that. If this is it after several patches it must have been unplayable at launch.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
So is Cris Tales worth playing before it leaves?

Well it's not for me. The pacing is weird and the voice acting is atrocious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.