Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm sure people who are REALLY into Critical Role (D&D Podcast/Twitch stream), and/or Pillars of Eternity II already know this, but it was a shock to me (as someone who is probably only 50 episodes deep into Critical Role), but your main character in this game can be "voiced" by any of the characters from the Vox Machina Critical Role campaign. So like, I chose a big brutish barbarian with berserker perks and it's voiced by Travis Willingham doing his Grog voice...which again...this a pretty niche thing that you've gotta be into, but I think it's cool as hell. But you can pick any of their voices; Keyleth, Pike, Vex, Vax, Scanlon, Percival, and I'm pretty sure you can choose a Matt Mercer voice too.

When I say "voiced", it's because as far as I can tell, your character is basically a silent protag, so you're mostly just getting the grunts and groans and "yeahh"'s and stuff like that, but it's still pretty dope. That part all seems really cool. I really didn't get much past the character creation stuff at all, but I'm looking forward to getting into it this weekend, and this Vox Machina stuff just sweetened the pot for me.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I tried to get into it a while ago and turned it off after a bit.

Tried again last night. Went to a nearby planet, found something interesting, found something else interesting, then died because I ran out of oxygen.

Didn't have it in my to fly there again and go through the jumping/floating around the planet so switched it off.

It appeals to me in a lot of ways, I see people saying it's their favourite game of all time, but it's just so overwhelming and that time limit is just too stressful and frustrating initially I guess.
I definitely had those moments myself, putting it down or going to another planet for a bit - or just powering through ONE MORE TIME - actually paid off for me a lot. The feeling of like "Oh wow, THAT'S what I was missing" (usually combined with discovering a new shortcut to do it all way faster next time) made those moments of disappointment and stress bearable. There's undeniably a tense plodding/sprinting cycle to the game. But in the times that it happened, I appreciated the mad dash to try to get the last bit of information or find the shortcut.

But yea, it's not going to be a game for everyone. That's ok.

I'm sure people who are REALLY into Critical Role (D&D Podcast/Twitch stream), and/or Pillars of Eternity II already know this, but it was a shock to me (as someone who is probably only 50 episodes deep into Critical Role), but your main character in this game can be "voiced" by any of the characters from the Vox Machina Critical Role campaign. So like, I chose a big brutish barbarian with berserker perks and it's voiced by Travis Willingham doing his Grog voice...which again...this a pretty niche thing that you've gotta be into, but I think it's cool as hell. But you can pick any of their voices; Keyleth, Pike, Vex, Vax, Scanlon, Percival, and I'm pretty sure you can choose a Matt Mercer voice too.

When I say "voiced", it's because as far as I can tell, your character is basically a silent protag, so you're mostly just getting the grunts and groans and "yeahh"'s and stuff like that, but it's still pretty dope. That part all seems really cool. I really didn't get much past the character creation stuff at all, but I'm looking forward to getting into it this weekend, and this Vox Machina stuff just sweetened the pot for me.
Yea kinda cool right? haha, such a fun and weird easter egg

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Yo so.. playing Yakuza Kiwami... Anyone else kinda find how Rina the Shine Hostess's "story" ends weird? (I don't know if it's a story per se, but I'll refrain from spoiling regardless). Just seems tonally so strange for that character.

Her character is largely about her being lesbian and her adventures in trying to pick up cute girls. But when she's disappointed at the end, she's like well, how about you be my boyfriend Kiryu. And he's like no lol. Don't give up, and stop putting into generalized boxes based on your first impression of their gender.

And she's like wow yea ok. But then she gives you sexy rewards anyway just because? And potentially is Bi now?

Iono. I'm not qualified to really say anything one way or the other. Kinda weird. Just me?

Jun 15, 2020
This is nice news. Might even be worth its own topic (but I'm not gonna be the one who makes it, so feel free to have at it if you want).

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Random Q of the day. I'm planning to get a decent laptop later this year, do the PC equivalent of GP titles all have achievements? I'm looking at playing Desperado and Pillars games first.

XDDX

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know if the PC game pass version of Code Vein can do multiplayer with someone that owns the steam version? Guessing no

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else noticing that their save games are missing for some Gamepass games?

Apparently "Game Services" updated today causing this bug. I have no save data in FFXII or in Flight Simulator...

Last edited:

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Just finished Carto. Such a charming little game that was made in Taiwan. You guide a little girl who searches for a way back to find her grandmother. To do so, she has to literally find her path by rearranging the world around her. Puzzling together tiles and landscapes with the tasks the game throws at you is overall really well done. The game also has this cozy feel about it and the writing also managed to draw several smiles from me. Definitely an underrated little indie game from last year even if some puzzles were a bit vague from the hints that the NPC gave to the player.

Recommended 4-5 hours for you to spend, ERA! :)

Oct 25, 2017
very excited for this game as someone who's seen a lot about the arcade version but has never got to play it. In your opinion is having a mic a requirement?
I've put over 200 hours into the game and I've never used a Mic, so I'd say it's not essential. Don't play much of Ranked though so it might be more helpful there. If the population really grows with this release and there ends up being a lot of teams communicating then it will probably be really useful. There are ways to call out objectives by pinging them, so there is some communication without talking.

It's a really great game and I hope a lot of people give it chance. Never gets old for me.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Just finished Carto. Such a charming little game that was made in Taiwan. You guide a little girl who searches for a way back to find her grandmother. To do so, she has to literally find her path by rearranging the world around her. Puzzling together tiles and landscapes with the tasks the game throws at you is overall really well done. The game also has this cozy feel about it and the writing also managed to draw several smiles from me. Definitely an underrated little indie game from last year even if some puzzles were a bit vague from the hints that the NPC gave to the player.

Agreed, it's lovely and novel.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
I've put over 200 hours into the game and I've never used a Mic, so I'd say it's not essential. Don't play much of Ranked though so it might be more helpful there. If the population really grows with this release and there ends up being a lot of teams communicating then it will probably be really useful. There are ways to call out objectives by pinging them, so there is some communication without talking.

It's a really great game and I hope a lot of people give it chance. Never gets old for me.

thanks for the information. I was so excited to play this morning(day off) and then of course it's not listed yet.This time thing is the one thing I hate about gamepass.

niaobx

Aug 3, 2020
Played like 10 hours of Pillars of Eternity 2 and I just can't force myself to come back to it. Enjoyed the first one and was really excited for the second, but it is way too confusing for me. There are all these factions, within these factions there are all these complicated names and titles, and the worst thing is that I don't really care about them.

Having just finished New Vegas for the third time, I don't get how Obsidian dropped the ball so much on this one. In NV, you see Brotherhood of Steel, NCR, the Legion or whatever, one look and you instantly have some idea what they are like. In PoE 2, there are two trading factions that compete or something? And the villagers that just do their own thing?

And then there is the fact that I love RPGs, but for their dialogues/story. Dealing with the complex combat systems, confusing numbers for defence/attack, managing the inventory that is full of ingredients is such a chore to me. Oh well, gotta find something else.

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
The 120 FPS patch got me to try out New Super Lucky's Tale. I bounced off of Super Lucky's Tale (also on Game Pass, still), so I fully expected to do the same with this one as well but having just finished up Outer Worlds on Friday, the bright, cheery graphics of NSLT were exactly what I needed. It's not a very challenging game but I still found it delightful and it doesn't overstay its welcome -- I was able to complete it over the course of a few hours Saturday and Sunday morning.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Your post reminded me about the game. I figured I should try it.

I played the first two areas and I like it. Very cute and easy going.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
is there a complete multiplayer crossplay list?
the google spreadsheet in the op mentions play anywhere titles in the crossplay section, those are all crossplay right? but not all of them have multiplayer

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really surprised no one else is complaining about their save files disappearing in FFXII.

Microsoft pushed a version of gaming services late last week that makes save games disappear in a lot of Gamepass games.

In FFXII if you get this issue, press Y to switch profiles on the main menu. Pick the same profile again you used to initially log in and your save games should appear again.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is thinking about trying out Killer Queen Black when it lands tomorrow on Game Pass, you should. We've been playing over the last week or so and it's great fun.

I'm sitting down with the developers tomorrow to ask them about the game and other things, so keep an eye out for it.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
If anyone is thinking about trying out Killer Queen Black when it lands tomorrow on Game Pass, you should. We've been playing over the last week or so and it's great fun.

I'm sitting down with the developers tomorrow to ask them about the game and other things, so keep an eye out for it.

haha why does it show preorder for the 22nd on my console?

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Wreckfest is a wreck on XBox. Fix your servers or add cross-platform for more players. The single player is decent but I wanted this so bad for the multiplayer. WTF!

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
What do you think is the likelyhood Vanquish will come on in Game Pass? Looks like a ton of Sega games are making its way to the service anllbut Vanquish is on sale right now and it's looking mighty tempting to get

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
What do you think is the likelyhood Vanquish will come on in Game Pass? Looks like a ton of Sega games are making its way to the service anllbut Vanquish is on sale right now and it's looking mighty tempting to get

Bayonetta was on the service back in 2018 so I could see Vanquish coming, especially if MSFT has been extra cozy with Sega. More people need to play Vanquish anyway and I would LOVE to replay it on 4K60! Hopefully that might have the way for a sequel too...

MikeE21286

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really surprised no one else is complaining about their save files disappearing in FFXII.

Microsoft pushed a version of gaming services late last week that makes save games disappear in a lot of Gamepass games.

In FFXII if you get this issue, press Y to switch profiles on the main menu. Pick the same profile again you used to initially log in and your save games should appear again.
Does FFXII work like an Xbox Play Anywhere game (like say DQ XI s does...) where save file progression can be synced/continued across PC and console?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Does the story in DQXIS pick up / change a lot? Can it be considered mature in some way, or is it just a "chosen one" coming of age, childish / for all ages story? I don't know what I expected but I'm having a bit of trouble getting attached to the game. Cutscenes and combat animations are cool but visuals, systems, dialogues, plot, exploration so far is... very boring and not appealing to me. And I'm kinda dreading such a long game with a silent protag.

Debating between extending the chance to DQXIS (I'm just about 5h in), replaying FFXII (remastered! yay) or just going through another Yakuza (3's turn).

I come from Titanfall 2 and yeah the campaign is fantastic. Simple, but short and contained, no wasted minutes, uninstalled as soon as the credits ended though.

This issue happens only on PC, right?

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Does the story in DQXIS pick up / change a lot? Can it be considered mature in some way, or is it just a "chosen one" coming of age, childish / for all ages story? I don't know what I expected but I'm having a bit of trouble getting attached to the game. Cutscenes and combat animations are cool but visuals, systems, dialogues, plot, exploration so far is... very boring and not appealing to me. And I'm kinda dreading such a long game with a silent protag.

Debating between extending the chance to DQXIS (I'm just about 5h in), replaying FFXII (remastered! yay) or just going through another Yakuza (3's turn).

I come from Titanfall 2 and yeah the campaign is fantastic. Simple, but short and contained, no wasted minutes, uninstalled as soon as the credits ended though.

This issue happens only on PC, right?
Maybe you're better of playing Yakuza 3. i love both games though.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
UKers

www.hotukdeals.com

[Xbox One] 12 Months Xbox Live Gold (Brazil) - £23.79 (VPN Required) @ CDKeys - hotukdeals

If there is anyone that has trouble redeeming, see THIS THREAD as there is some in depth explanations in there Please note that if you're currently on GPU then

12 month xbox gold (brazil) is £24. It used to be £20 but went up to £30 for a long time due I guess to popularity.

Use with a decent VPN to do the game pass ultimate upgrade.
Haven't people been banned for this? I know you can get banned for using a VPN to cheat Microsoft Rewards at least. Even if people haven't been banned yet then it might be something they will crack down on eventually if enough people cheat the system since it's probably against the ToS. I wouldn't risk my account personally.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
PoE II Deadfire(series x) really needs some getting use to with a controller,the whole interface for even the options is confusing,somehow I had it set on permadeath or expert mode and didnt know it,until I died,after playing almost 2 hours and had to start a new game,no continue no nothing...having just 1 save slot should have tipped me off but man,I was pissed ;)

Also in the inventory,I see a row on the left that could let me see only the items in that row,like only weapons for example but I cant figure out what button to press to do so...tooltips are sometimes Y to see or something else and they dont even tell you.

Restarting helped better understand the controls and all and I am liking it so far though.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't people been banned for this? I know you can get banned for using a VPN to cheat Microsoft Rewards at least. Even if people haven't been banned yet then it might be something they will crack down on eventually if enough people cheat the system since it's probably against the ToS. I wouldn't risk my account personally.

No idea if people got banned. I did it a few months ago had no issues.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
it is against tos and can get you banned

Don't know of a specific case tho

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

years ago yeah. they havent done it since the xbox one launch i believe

it is against tos and can get you banned

Don't know of a specific case tho

dont think it is against TOS

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
IMHO people have been banned from ms rewards for using bots and also using VPNs...

IMHO it's difficult to find anyone who's been banned from xbox for using VPNs and codes....

I think they take different approaches...i assume because they conssider MS rewards to be more like "money" and they're giving it away for free.

All anecdotal though - i follow both subjects quite a lot and you never see any scientific lists of confirmed bans or anything.

SirThou

Oct 27, 2017
1550/1550 on Skyrim woo. Finished it after 3 or 4 attempts, glad I finally got there.

Next to run through Oxenfree before it leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.